This event is getting old

The amount of times I've died because all the killer has to do is wait until your injured and then use the event action to break a pallet is remarkable. I can't wait until this thing is over

Comments

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476994#Comment_3476994

    None of those maps have true infinites. They’re just safe loops and are cluttered with obstacles (Red Forest, Toba Landing, Garden of Joy). I don’t think Eyrie really has anymore challenging loops since its redesign. Shattered Square doesn’t have gamebreaking loops either, it’s just big. It does have more deadzones than GoJ and Toba Landing though.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476962#Comment_3476962

    AFAIK they haven’t really said anything recent about Bloodlust. No one really knows why it wasn’t scrapped with infinites. Personally, I believe they keep it around as an aide for killers who aren’t good loopers. They use these events to showcase and test potential new features and with Bloodlust 1 = Exposed it’s possible they may eventually move toward removing the bloodlust mechanic as they’d said before.

    Bloodlust exists because of flawed map design. Until all maps and pallets can be mindgamed with them up or down, expect bloodlust to stay. Because we have had times where bloodlust was disabled and the game was unplayable for but the big three killers.

  • Oh, I didn't say it's not useful. Normally, if a pallet drops, I either have to break it right away or get have to run the same loop again where the survivor vaults it, this time, and hope I'm close enough to get a vault hit/grab in there, instead of safely bouncing off the pallet.

    It's incredibly useful that I can remotely shut that down with an invite without getting stuck in a lengthy pallet-smashing animation and getting an eyeful of flashlight for my trouble. It's definitely more useful than party pallets (which break themselves automagically, and thus are useless if they miss the stun) and window blockers (since most killers just walk around the wall, anyway).

    But Killers still have to run around the loop and win the chase. It's not auto-victory.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476639#Comment_3476639

    I love how you are acting like it's same thing while it is not.

    Breaking pallet yourself = Stucked in animation and you can't do anything while in animation.

    Breaking pallet with event power = Just click Q which will start to break pallet. Turn one of the sides ( smart killers will choice the side which they can zone out survivor ) and get your free hit / down.

    Yeah they are same, sure.

    I stated I didn't see a difference in the time it's take to break the pallet. When the pallet is dropped and the actions that follow vastly change the outcome during this event.

    My primary tactic has been to attempt the stun and then immediately move towards the strongest direction, seems to be working just fine. Is it 100% effective? No, but I'm seeing far better results then the teammates that try to stick around and gamble on the loop.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476824#Comment_3476824

    ”Just get hit” isn’t a good counter. Because they wouldn’t normally get that hit you’ve now got to give them to avoid being insta-downed.

    if your at loop with pallets then you should be safe from instant down if the killer is not near you. Walking to prevent bloodlust is only for deadzones when your out in the open.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476812#Comment_3476812

    I stated I didn't see a difference in the time it's take to break the pallet. When the pallet is dropped and the actions that follow vastly change the outcome during this event.

    My primary tactic has been to attempt the stun and then immediately move towards the strongest direction, seems to be working just fine. Is it 100% effective? No, but I'm seeing far better results then the teammates that try to stick around and gamble on the loop.

    Stunning killer?

    Sure, it's easy to stun baby killers but it's not easy to do this against veteran killers. And whenever you drop pallet, they can break it with event power and then chase you while pallet is removing from game. There is nothing survivor can do, only giving free hit.

    Survivors have garbage powers but killers carried by these op, busted event powers. Hopefully next year we won't get similar scenario.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476812#Comment_3476812

    I stated I didn't see a difference in the time it's take to break the pallet. When the pallet is dropped and the actions that follow vastly change the outcome during this event.

    My primary tactic has been to attempt the stun and then immediately move towards the strongest direction, seems to be working just fine. Is it 100% effective? No, but I'm seeing far better results then the teammates that try to stick around and gamble on the loop.

    How are you managing to take action after the drop? Serious question because I'm struggling. If you dont get the hit, the pallet dissolves before the drop animation ends. Every single time I've dropped it and missed the stun, I've copped a hit a split second later. I can't move far enough because of how long I'm stuck in the drop animation

  • As a killer, this event has been ass. I don't play like an A-hole and thanks to all the other killers that do, my meme builds basically get 5-6 minutes of playtime before all gens are done. I just want the games to go back to normal.

  • Considering how this event gives both sides things that help them, i´d say its one of the more balanced events.

    I mean, we had snowmans that gave survivors another health state, permanently sabotaged event hooks and insta flashlights in other events. So this one is at least fair.

    Only thing i´d change is event cakes having the same rarity as event items. Resulting in survivors earning less cakes than killers per bloodweb. Because you´d constantly get toolboxes or medkits instead. But thats about it.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476955#Comment_3476955

    I truly don’t understand why it’s still a mechanic. And I more so don’t understand why so many people complain about MfT when bloodlust is still a thing. If people think haste is such a problem then why do people still defend having bloodlust as a mechanic. 5% is huge when you’re already 15% faster than the survivors.

    I think both are fine.

    3% is nothing, and bloodlust exists because infinite chases shouldn't. Killer is the power role and survivors shouldn't be able to 1v1 them indefinitely.

    The lack of 'technically infinite loops' doesn't mean anything, players are fallible and survivors can still drag out simple shack loops indefinitely if they want to.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476790#Comment_3476790

    I think that the exposed when bloodlusting part is more problematic. The pallet breaking part is strong, but not as gamechanging as an exposed on demand button. And it highlights how strong and safe a lot of pallets are. I think that most pallets should be mindgameble in some way, yet most of them create utterly safe places unless they are broken, and breaking them allows a survivor to hold W till they reach the next tile or pallet. It might be exciting and riviting for the survivor, but its exceedingly dull for the killer, especially if the survivor greed every pallet to their absolut max before dropping them, going from the theoretical "working through their amuniton and turning the map into a deadzone by the end of the game" to the practical "get feed two pallets, while 3 gens pop. Have fun."

    The event breaks this monotony and is such a breath of fresh air. And there are enough good survivors, who can still give you a run for their money. That has always been the biggest problem of modern DBD: gross parts of the player base outgrew the games mechanics and can break the game just at basekit, before you enter perks or powers into the equation. Thats why you get peeps with 300 kill streaks or why MFT is making any experienced killer panic, because it not only tips the already precarious balance, its kicks it to the other side of the room.

    The pallet breaking invitations are fun and helping, but MFT is ruining far more games, by making allready frustrating loops utterly insane or holding W feel excruciatingly painful. The games now are on a razors edge and one slight mistake from either side can snowball it hard in one direction. I feel a big reset of its mechanics would be the most healthy thing to do at this point, but that would also be very complex, complicated and probably expensive. And Feng Min can always need a new cosmetic for a quick cash grab.

    No it's not. Unless the killer has instadown power already you can walk or just stand still and you won't get exposed, you can just take a hit. That power is not a big issue as the pallets are.

    And no there are no "too many safe pallets". Last 2 or 3 years reworks turned maps into huge deadzones with a lot of ######### pallets in between. Some maps are surv sided sure but most really aren't.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476762#Comment_3476762

    That's being outpositioned and personal choices play into that outcome. I don't blame the killer if I blindly run into an unfavorable map section, environmental awareness is on the survivors unless or its just gambling chances with every chase.

    So killer pushing me into a place from where I can't reach anything and breaking a pallet on the go is on me?

    Ok lol. Yeah I am done here. This is pointless.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476812#Comment_3476812

    I stated I didn't see a difference in the time it's take to break the pallet. When the pallet is dropped and the actions that follow vastly change the outcome during this event.

    My primary tactic has been to attempt the stun and then immediately move towards the strongest direction, seems to be working just fine. Is it 100% effective? No, but I'm seeing far better results then the teammates that try to stick around and gamble on the loop.

    There’s no chance that you’re avoiding hits after missing the stun. It’s literally a guaranteed hit to any killer with over 5 hours in the game.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Considering how this event gives both sides things that help them, i´d say its one of the more balanced events.

    I mean, we had snowmans that gave survivors another health state, permanently sabotaged event hooks and insta flashlights in other events. So this one is at least fair.

    Only thing i´d change is event cakes having the same rarity as event items. Resulting in survivors earning less cakes than killers per bloodweb. Because you´d constantly get toolboxes or medkits instead. But thats about it.

    IMG_20230709.jpeg.jpg

    I'm over 1000 cakes on Gabriel Soma. I think that will last me until next event lol. And four more days that is 300 more cakes probably.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3477096#Comment_3477096

    Stunning killer?

    Sure, it's easy to stun baby killers but it's not easy to do this against veteran killers. And whenever you drop pallet, they can break it with event power and then chase you while pallet is removing from game. There is nothing survivor can do, only giving free hit.

    Survivors have garbage powers but killers carried by these op, busted event powers. Hopefully next year we won't get similar scenario.

    Disagree, that's not what I've experienced

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476766#Comment_3476766

    Right, but pallets shouldn't be a guarantee of safety either. When they favor one side over the other on winning the chase it takes away the fun. Playing mindgames with both sides having an equal opportunity to win is what makes the whole point of playing a multi-player game.

    I hope they implement some version of both pallet abilities after the event is over. Of not they seriously need to rework the majority of pallets/loops so they're more equal.

    The game is wayy killer sided right now. No idea what you're talking about

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3477096#Comment_3477096

    How are you managing to take action after the drop? Serious question because I'm struggling. If you dont get the hit, the pallet dissolves before the drop animation ends. Every single time I've dropped it and missed the stun, I've copped a hit a split second later. I can't move far enough because of how long I'm stuck in the drop animation

    I'm using normal pallets, the event ones are extremely situational.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476677#Comment_3476677

    No you shouldn’t but you seem to have more instances of misery with this game than fun.

    But it used to be fun.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3477096#Comment_3477096

    There’s no chance that you’re avoiding hits after missing the stun. It’s literally a guaranteed hit to any killer with over 5 hours in the game.

    Nothing is a guarantee, I have failed using this tactic but without trying I wouldn't know it can also succeed.

  • I never saw survivor power helped them tho. They are garbage.

    Dream pallet = You need to stun killer, if you fail you don't have value.

    Vault blocker = Most of vaults not worths to jump. So this power can work for only 2 - 3 vaults and that's all. Insanely garbage power.

    Killers have insane powers.

    Palet breaking = Break pallet with power and zone survivor. Braindeadly strong.

    Exposed = Get Bloodlust and then insta-down survivor. Amazing.

    No stunning = This one is probably the only normal one. It's not amazing like the other two but useful and good.


    I can't wait this event finally done, so killers can't be carried by this garbage and busted powers anymore.

  • I don't think people understand how strong this event is for killers. When you're trying to loop a killer and they break pallet while STILL running around the loop, that's pretty broken because they will catch up to you within a second or 2 because they broke the pallet and do not have to change direction. I have been downed plenty enough by a loop that should have lasted longer because the killer was breaking pallet while still moving. They even have a instant down and you can't tell me that's not broken, because it is.

    Survivors get an extra pallet but you literally have to time it because if you drop it without stunning them, it breaks. The stun doesn't even last long and when you do stun them, the pallet also breaks. Majority of the windows on a map don't even need to be crossed over because the killer just goes around it anyway.

    I've played both sides and the event for the killer is way more game changing.

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3477212#Comment_3477212

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WHE1VVYJAYQ7/img-20230709-jpeg.jpg

    I'm over 1000 cakes on Gabriel Soma. I think that will last me until next event lol. And four more days that is 300 more cakes probably.

    And how many event toolboxes and medkits?

  • Sorry I misread your "Resulting in survivors earning less cakes than killers per bloodweb" as a complaint that survivors got less cakes than killers. Yeah they are between 510-540 the event ones.

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3478166#Comment_3478166

    Sorry I misread your "Resulting in survivors earning less cakes than killers per bloodweb" as a complaint that survivors got less cakes than killers. Yeah they are between 510-540 the event ones.

    No problem. Nice amount of cakes btw. I can´t even imagine how many bloodwebs/bloodpoints you spend to get there.

  • What??? I play 100% survivor and I’ve gone from P34 to P82 so far. Killers aren’t the only ones making Bloodpoints or having fun.

  • @Mockingjay_S451 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476676#Comment_3476676

    What??? I play 100% survivor and I’ve gone from P34 to P82 so far. Killers aren’t the only ones making Bloodpoints or having fun.

    Blood points, cakes and items are the only good thing. If you're having fun as a survivor then you're probably good at the game. Not everybody is though and we do the best we can but this game isn't for the casual survivor anymore. We need any advantage we can get. The killer being able to destroy a pallet while moving without skipping a beat is miserable. I've been on death hook and injured so many times and looping very well only to die because of it.

1 2 ›