BHVR gonna do anything about gen rush?

By 'gen rush' I mean survivors simply focusing efficiently on gens, because that's all it takes. Good toolboxes and certain perks can help shave time off but really all it takes for gens to fly are 4 survivors who actually sit and do gens at every opportunity.

I understand that balancing gen time is impossible, because the difference between 4 solo survivors just chilling/doing archives and a SWF (or even solos) who sit and do gens as efficiently as possible is massive, and you can't balance around efficient gentimes without making it almost impossible for the other group.

In the meantime though it just feels bad when I can find survivors and end chases quickly and still lose because that isn't enough slowdown on it's own. Against efficient survivors, if you aren't playing a top-tier killer you NEED good slowdown, and that's becoming increasingly harder to find thesedays.

Comments

  • @Phyrqc said:

    They just increased gen completion time from 80 to 90 secs

    and gutted almost all regression perks.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460373#Comment_3460373

    well, I addressed only one aspect of your reply. I wasn't interested in those other parts

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460631#Comment_3460631

    drawing (2K) is not loosing. It's drawing. If you make this fine distinction, then 50% kill rate is actually fair. It's just thanks to killers convicing devs that draw = loose, that 60% kill rate "is fair".

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460708#Comment_3460708

    Ah. The ultimate dream for 3gen campers. But you will loose your excuse - it will never ever be survivor's fault for a 3gen. It will always become killer's decision and spawn RNG

    2k is draw, but with 50% kill rate, 2k is not most regular outcome.

    Most regular outcome is 1k.

    2k doesn't change % balance. If you would want 50% kill rate, then you would need also equal number of 4k and 0k, which is not going to happen.

    As I said, 1k is easy against most teams. So for to lower average kill rate you need multiple 1k as replacement for few 0k. Which would mean killer is mostly losing.

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460879#Comment_3460879

    2k is draw, but with 50% kill rate, 2k is not most regular outcome.

    Most regular outcome is 1k.

    2k doesn't change % balance. If you would want 50% kill rate, then you would need also equal number of 4k and 0k, which is not going to happen.

    As I said, 1k is easy against most teams. So for to lower average kill rate you need multiple 1k as replacement for few 0k. Which would mean killer is mostly losing.

    Out of 5 possible states (0K, 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K) why would 50% kill rate (middle value) mean the most common outcome is one of the left states (1K is the one a little on left instead of 2K which is perfectly in the middle). This would mean said outcome would need to be balanced with large number of 4K's to be true.

    Another thing - why is it OK for "free 1K" to be a thing? If it scews the stats so much, then help survivor team to balance it out with some basegame mechanics. Help survivors get 4 out more often. But I don't even think this is the case, because this one is actually balanced by whole survivor team loosing and last survivor still having a shot at hatch or gate.


    To clarify - I don't care about distribution between escapes and kills. I just want them to be fair. If you say securing 1 kill is too easy and killers don't care for this - then let's ask devs to fix the issue and help survivors escape. But keep the target at 50% kill rate - which should be fair outcome for everyone - because 50% means for both sides you have equal chance to live/kill every survivor.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460908#Comment_3460908

    Out of 5 possible states (0K, 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K) why would 50% kill rate (middle value) mean the most common outcome is one of the left states (1K is the one a little on left instead of 2K which is perfectly in the middle). This would mean said outcome would need to be balanced with large number of 4K's to be true.

    Another thing - why is it OK for "free 1K" to be a thing? If it scews the stats so much, then help survivor team to balance it out with some basegame mechanics. Help survivors get 4 out more often. But I don't even think this is the case, because this one is actually balanced by whole survivor team loosing and last survivor still having a shot at hatch or gate.

    Honestly I don't need 1k endgame camp or 3k hatch escape, game becomes better without those aspect.

    Hiding should be treated with different feature.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460908#Comment_3460908

    Out of 5 possible states (0K, 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K) why would 50% kill rate (middle value) mean the most common outcome is one of the left states (1K is the one a little on left instead of 2K which is perfectly in the middle). This would mean said outcome would need to be balanced with large number of 4K's to be true.

    Another thing - why is it OK for "free 1K" to be a thing? If it scews the stats so much, then help survivor team to balance it out with some basegame mechanics. Help survivors get 4 out more often. But I don't even think this is the case, because this one is actually balanced by whole survivor team loosing and last survivor still having a shot at hatch or gate.

    To clarify - I don't care about distribution between escapes and kills. I just want them to be fair. If you say securing 1 kill is too easy and killers don't care for this - then let's ask devs to fix the issue and help survivors escape. But keep the target at 50% kill rate - which should be fair outcome for everyone - because 50% means for both sides you have equal chance to live/kill every survivor.

    Stats and reality are different.

    There is a simple example. Nurse has 50% kill rate, so by your standard she is most balanced killer.

    If you want 4 escapes, play SWF.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460910#Comment_3460910

    Honestly I don't need 1k endgame camp or 3k hatch escape, game becomes better without those aspect.

    Hiding should be treated with different feature.

    Fact that anti-camping feature is going to be disabled during endgame means they don't really mind this.

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460910#Comment_3460910

    Stats and reality are different.

    There is a simple example. Nurse has 50% kill rate, so by your standard she is most balanced killer.

    If you want 4 escapes, play SWF.

    We are literally talking here just about stats. Sure enough even those can be spoiled by uneven distribution (which is exactly nurse's problem - it's very beginner unfriendly where a lot of people that did not master her are dragging her winrate down). But ignoring said details - 50% kill rate is the only fair outcome there is. Provided you are not one of those people that consider 2K=draw same as actual killer loss (0-1K)

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3461013#Comment_3461013

    We are literally talking here just about stats. Sure enough even those can be spoiled by uneven distribution (which is exactly nurse's problem - it's very beginner unfriendly where a lot of people that did not master her are dragging her winrate down). But ignoring said details - 50% kill rate is the only fair outcome there is. Provided you are not one of those people that consider 2K=draw same as actual killer loss (0-1K)

    Isn't it like that? 0-1K loss, 2k draw, 3-4K win? That's how MMR is defined at least.

    You want to take kill rate literally to 50% without caring about context.

    Then why ignore Nurse kill rate, just because it doesn't fit your narrative?

    Unless you are SWF, then 0K is simply unlikely outcome. There is no way to balance this game about 50% kill rate against soloQ.

    You have killers like Pig, Pinhead, or Sadako with really high kill rates. Reason is simple, Pinhead is soloQ stomper, because of his box and new players don't understand how Pig or Sadako works, so they die to their power.

    So if you want to ignore bad players on Nurse, we should ignore bad players on survivors, right?

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3461023#Comment_3461023

    Isn't it like that? 0-1K loss, 2k draw, 3-4K win? That's how MMR is defined at least.

    You want to take kill rate literally to 50% without caring about context.

    Then why ignore Nurse kill rate, just because it doesn't fit your narrative?

    Unless you are SWF, then 0K is simply unlikely outcome. There is no way to balance this game about 50% kill rate against soloQ.

    You have killers like Pig, Pinhead, or Sadako with really high kill rates. Reason is simple, Pinhead is soloQ stomper, because of his box and new players don't understand how Pig or Sadako works, so they die to their power.

    So if you want to ignore bad players on Nurse, we should ignore bad players on survivors, right?

    Isn't it like that? 0-1K loss, 2k draw, 3-4K win? That's how MMR is defined at least.

    Yes it is. That's my whole point. And 50% kill rate means super-average game ends in exactly 2K. Anything about it and we are talking about 2K or more (meaning mostly draws, but sometimes free wins).

    Then why ignore Nurse kill rate, just because it doesn't fit your narrative?

    Nurse on average is not problematic - but as I said earlier - problem is with distribution. The killer is very tilting if you didn't master it yet (dragging killrate down) and absolutely horrendously stomping everyone if you did (making it unable to play against said killer) - that's the whole point of what I said earlier "those can be spoiled by uneven distribution".

    If it really comes to it that MfT has insane impact against higher tier killers (which is the case for nurse vs survivors in top tier) then there needs to be an adjustment - the same way as there actually was adjustment for nurse (which BTW in my eyes makes her now strong, but playable against - I don't feel she's problem any more. Same way as basekit blight and spirit are IMO perfectly fine and only their addons need to be looked at).

    But as of now I haven't seen such stats - so I am taking into account the only tools we actually have. And that is nightlight and their usage rate which still shows lithe+sprint are better perks (at least on average) - which BTW corresponds to my experience both as killer (I have had 0 problems with my pinhead and bubba - those 2 I am playing the most these days - in fact I get more screwed over by those other exhaustions, then MfT) and survivor (I judged the perk worse then my standard balanced landing and background player - so I am not using the perk any more).

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3461136#Comment_3461136

    Isn't it like that? 0-1K loss, 2k draw, 3-4K win? That's how MMR is defined at least.

    Yes it is. That's my whole point. And 50% kill rate means super-average game ends in exactly 2K. Anything about it and we are talking about 2K or more (meaning mostly draws, but sometimes free wins).

    Then why ignore Nurse kill rate, just because it doesn't fit your narrative?

    Nurse on average is not problematic - but as I said earlier - problem is with distribution. The killer is very tilting if you didn't master it yet (dragging killrate down) and absolutely horrendously stomping everyone if you did (making it unable to play against said killer) - that's the whole point of what I said earlier "those can be spoiled by uneven distribution".

    If it really comes to it that MfT has insane impact against higher tier killers (which is the case for nurse vs survivors in top tier) then there needs to be an adjustment - the same way as there actually was adjustment for nurse (which BTW in my eyes makes her now strong, but playable against - I don't feel she's problem any more. Same way as basekit blight and spirit are IMO perfectly fine and only their addons need to be looked at).

    But as of now I haven't seen such stats - so I am taking into account the only tools we actually have. And that is nightlight and their usage rate which still shows lithe+sprint are better perks (at least on average) - which BTW corresponds to my experience both as killer (I have had 0 problems with my pinhead and bubba - those 2 I am playing the most these days - in fact I get more screwed over by those other exhaustions, then MfT) and survivor (I judged the perk worse then my standard balanced landing and background player - so I am not using the perk any more).

    First of all, how did we got to MFT?

    MFT is stronger against M1 killers, top killers don't really care about it, that's why I don't like that perk.

    Lithe will be always more used for simple reason: it's easier to use it.

    How used it is, does not equal how strong it is. Simple example is WoO. It's most used perk, but it's effect is not really strong/oppressive.

    Balancing with Big data was never good way. It applies for both pick rate and kill rate. It's bad to balance around data without understanding reasons behind it.

    We have seen many dumb changes that were made simply because of Big data balancing.

    Same for kill rate. Pig got most nerfs from all killers while being considered one of weakest killers.

  • @Krazzik said:

    By 'gen rush' I mean survivors simply focusing efficiently on gens, because that's all it takes. Good toolboxes and certain perks can help shave time off but really all it takes for gens to fly are 4 survivors who actually sit and do gens at every opportunity.

    I understand that balancing gen time is impossible, because the difference between 4 solo survivors just chilling/doing archives and a SWF (or even solos) who sit and do gens as efficiently as possible is massive, and you can't balance around efficient gentimes without making it almost impossible for the other group.

    In the meantime though it just feels bad when I can find survivors and end chases quickly and still lose because that isn't enough slowdown on it's own. Against efficient survivors, if you aren't playing a top-tier killer you NEED good slowdown, and that's becoming increasingly harder to find thesedays.

    I hope they do something it's out of control now when the anniversary is on. I lost 5 games a row while trying to adept singularity and not even tunneling was enough to beat the gen rushers I face. Well 4 games ended in 2K but obviously that is losing when trying to get adept. Though on survivor myself I usually get potato teammates who struggle to do gens I quess the game just is agains't me particularly no matter which side I play.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460373#Comment_3460373

    well, I addressed only one aspect of your reply. I wasn't interested in those other parts

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460631#Comment_3460631

    drawing (2K) is not loosing. It's drawing. If you make this fine distinction, then 50% kill rate is actually fair. It's just thanks to killers convicing devs that draw = loose, that 60% kill rate "is fair".

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460708#Comment_3460708

    Ah. The ultimate dream for 3gen campers. But you will loose your excuse - it will never ever be survivor's fault for a 3gen. It will always become killer's decision and spawn RNG

    Half the time, it is a Survivor fault for letting a 3 gen happen; if they are too impatient or incoordination on which gens to work on without the perks to guide them; they made the terrible mistake of spreading out gens and letting the killer get away with easy 3 gen patrol route; Sometimes the map rng force it to make it happen; because it is "safe" to gens on the outside of the map then it is smart to work on center gens and spread them out. It never usually in the Killer's decision to do a three gen, unless they are a specific good at that; or they have a perk build/strategy related to preserve the three closest gens. Sometimes, that is all that killer can do; because it is the most effective way to win by kills; this way!

  • @darksouls3600 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460321#Comment_3460321

    And everyone is a pro player or extremely good like him?

    I think no

    You literally made the argument about high MMR and content creators, i just gave you my honest answer.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460082#Comment_3460082

    That's only really true for one generator. If multiple generators are done with Prove Thyself one after the other, those survivors are losing gen speed, not gaining it.

    Prove Thyself isn't even at a problem at all, let alone the biggest problem. The biggest problem, and I disagree with OP here too, is toolboxes and their dedicated builds. If we assume nobody brought gen speed at all on the survivor side and they split up to just do gens, the killer has a lot of agency in preventing that because base gen speeds really aren't that bad. It's if they split up and they have a ton of gen speed from toolboxes and their builds that it becomes a problem.

    @not_requested49 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460082#Comment_3460082

    That would just mean survivors would always split up on gens, meaning you have multiple gens popping at once instead of 1

    Yes this happens anyway but killing prove thyself would mean it would just be more frequent

    Looks like I was right about Prove Thyself being too strong. It's getting nerfed next patch.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/397

  • Nothing I said is wrong, and the Prove Thyself nerf is unnecessary.

    The BNP nerf, that's a much better and more impactful change. Nerfing Prove Thyself is going to do either nothing at all because it was never the reason gens went so fast, or it'd hypothetically make gens faster because people stop grouping up. Just because BHVR are doing it doesn't automatically make it a good or necessary idea, lol.

  • 😂 As if devs understood what's indeed strong and what is not. See last calm spirit buff or last adjustment to blight addons or last try to adjust billy addons or .... The list is very extensive.

    Overall proof nerf is IMO survivor buff. The perk is super overrated and the more people will use something else, the better for survivor team (7s for last gen is not worth perk slot and you should always spread out instead of multiple people risking same gen/having nothing to loop if killer finds them)

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471720#Comment_3471720

    Nothing I said is wrong, and the Prove Thyself nerf is unnecessary.

    The BNP nerf, that's a much better and more impactful change. Nerfing Prove Thyself is going to do either nothing at all because it was never the reason gens went so fast, or it'd hypothetically make gens faster because people stop grouping up. Just because BHVR are doing it doesn't automatically make it a good or necessary idea, lol.

    Honestly I could even consider BNP "nerf" as buff, because it can not be regressed anymore.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471725#Comment_3471725

    Honestly I could even consider BNP "nerf" as buff, because it can not be regressed anymore.

    What regression? You mean pop? Because for that one you first need to earn it via hook.

    Nah. BNP nerf will absolutely have consequence. Proof on the other hand - as a survivor I am happy for that. It was very much overrated anyway. I would ideally make it 3% bonus speed only, so that nobody would even try it. That would be best for my survivor games

  • Enjoy getting 3 gens popped at once then instead lol

    My biggest issue is not with its speed nerf, heck it can give nothing for all I care, but the removal of the BP bonus

    But yeah enjoy having multiple gens pop at once instead of just 1 at a time lol

  • @Krazzik said:

    By 'gen rush' I mean survivors simply focusing efficiently on gens, because that's all it takes. Good toolboxes and certain perks can help shave time off but really all it takes for gens to fly are 4 survivors who actually sit and do gens at every opportunity.

    I understand that balancing gen time is impossible, because the difference between 4 solo survivors just chilling/doing archives and a SWF (or even solos) who sit and do gens as efficiently as possible is massive, and you can't balance around efficient gentimes without making it almost impossible for the other group.

    In the meantime though it just feels bad when I can find survivors and end chases quickly and still lose because that isn't enough slowdown on it's own. Against efficient survivors, if you aren't playing a top-tier killer you NEED good slowdown, and that's becoming increasingly harder to find thesedays.

    bro people need to stop telling us about Solo Q vs SWF.

    the reality is, the game is played AND SHOULD BE BALANCED around SWF, if you play Solo Q, its on you.

    the whole point is that this game is meant to reward survivors that works as a team... but right now, the "reward" is just, free wins after free wins... with almost no effort.

    everything is constantly being nerfed on the killer side and after years of saying DH should be nerfed... they nerf it but then turn around and IMMEDIATELY release MFT, what the actual ...

  • @Spectralfx said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/379990/bhvr-gonna-do-anything-about-gen-rush

    bro people need to stop telling us about Solo Q vs SWF.

    the reality is, the game is played AND SHOULD BE BALANCED around SWF, if you play Solo Q, its on you.

    the whole point is that this game is meant to reward survivors that works as a team... but right now, the "reward" is just, free wins after free wins... with almost no effort.

    everything is constantly being nerfed on the killer side and after years of saying DH should be nerfed... they nerf it but then turn around and IMMEDIATELY release MFT, what the actual ...

    Sure. But killers should be all balanced around C33+alch ring blight. It's killer's choice (more then soloQ being able to just spawn a few friends) to play M1 killer instead of S-tier one. Same logic. Same free wins for killer

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3474524#Comment_3474524

    Sure. But killers should be all balanced around C33+alch ring blight. It's killer's choice (more then soloQ being able to just spawn a few friends) to play M1 killer instead of S-tier one. Same logic. Same free wins for killer

    the game already is lol

  • Ah right. Because it's fair to win 1000 games in a row. So balanced. 100% winrate is the only acceptable result for some killer mains - even in game with huge RNG factor

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3474545#Comment_3474545

    Ah right. Because it's fair to win 1000 games in a row. So balanced. 100% winrate is the only acceptable result for some killer mains - even in game with huge RNG factor

    I don't know in what fantasy land one needs to be to make such a claim.

    most killers have kill rates well under 60%

    which means, on average, its half-and-half, so a coin toss.

    but hey, its numbers, I guess those can be hard for some people, no offence.

  • @Spectralfx said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3474690#Comment_3474690

    I don't know in what fantasy land one needs to be to make such a claim.

    most killers have kill rates well under 60%

    which means, on average, its half-and-half, so a coin toss.

    but hey, its numbers, I guess those can be hard for some people, no offence.

    60% is half half 😁 and there absolutely are no blight mains with 1000 wins in a row....

    Here we go again. Count my wins and make them even with other side wins. But losses are an exemption. They absolutely can't be even, because that would spoil my fun. Rather take my losses AND draws and match that with the other's side losses - because I just deserve that. Also that's fair thing and saying this absolutely does not make me entitled.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3474695#Comment_3474695

    60% is half half 😁 and there absolutely are no blight mains with 1000 wins in a row....

    Here we go again. Count my wins and make them even with other side wins. But losses are an exemption. They absolutely can't be even, because that would spoil my fun. Rather take my losses AND draws and match that with the other's side losses - because I just deserve that. Also that's fair thing and saying this absolutely does not make me entitled.

    Ah yes, stating the exceptionnal case acting like its the rule.

    such a mighty argument do you present to us here /s

  • @Sharby said:

    I still maintain that killer rewards should be mostly dumped into getting hits/downs/hooks instead of kills.

    That way you could walk away from an 8 hook, 0kill game with tons of BP/Pips/Achievements without feeling bad. Instead of the current system where you don't get a whole lot for not killing anyone.

    Fair point - it rewards tunneling, so killers are forced to tunnel.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459913#Comment_3459913

    That was a while ago to be fair, and it wasn't really the best way of dealing with genrushing as is shown by it not really doing much to help with it.

    Gens need to slow down faster - this discourages people from just w-keying away with all the speed, looping and 2 dozen pallet advantages survivors have. People can leave a gen and run all the way across the board while the killer is just trying to catch up - this doesn't even count obstacles!

  • @fulltonon said:

    For some reason, I've noticed gen speed increased tremendously.

    Like even if I finish first chase within 5 gens, by the time I hook seconds 4 gens popped.

    Were they cheating? did perk helped them THAT much? it's a mystery, but the speed was ridiculous.

    I never really had pure gen speed like this, for the most part everything slowed down by a lot once game reaches 3 gen more to finish.

    I never claim to be a great killer- but I have to say to go across the board, find one person and chase them to the other side, and have 2 gens done is just too fast.

  • @not_requested49 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471720#Comment_3471720

    Enjoy getting 3 gens popped at once then instead lol

    My biggest issue is not with its speed nerf, heck it can give nothing for all I care, but the removal of the BP bonus

    But yeah enjoy having multiple gens pop at once instead of just 1 at a time lol

    Better than having a gen pop before I find a single survivor.

    @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471720#Comment_3471720

    Nothing I said is wrong, and the Prove Thyself nerf is unnecessary.

    The BNP nerf, that's a much better and more impactful change. Nerfing Prove Thyself is going to do either nothing at all because it was never the reason gens went so fast, or it'd hypothetically make gens faster because people stop grouping up. Just because BHVR are doing it doesn't automatically make it a good or necessary idea, lol.

    @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471720#Comment_3471720

    😂 As if devs understood what's indeed strong and what is not. See last calm spirit buff or last adjustment to blight addons or last try to adjust billy addons or .... The list is very extensive.

    Overall proof nerf is IMO survivor buff. The perk is super overrated and the more people will use something else, the better for survivor team (7s for last gen is not worth perk slot and you should always spread out instead of multiple people risking same gen/having nothing to loop if killer finds them)

    Prove Thyself is very strong in the early and late stages of the game where it is very likely for survivors to be grouped together. If all survivors spawn together on a large map, they can quickly rush a gen before I even find them. This is strong since it's basically like starting the game with 4 gens. In the late stages, survivors are more likely to be grouped on the same gen since there are less total gens. There is also a risk of a 3 gen, which Prove Thyself is very important for breaking. In these scenarios, Prove Thyself gives far more gen speed than any other perk. If Prove Thyself wasn't strong, the nerf shouldn't bother you much.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3474383#Comment_3474383

    Better than having a gen pop before I find a single survivor.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471725#Comment_3471725

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471728#Comment_3471728

    Prove Thyself is very strong in the early and late stages of the game where it is very likely for survivors to be grouped together. If all survivors spawn together on a large map, they can quickly rush a gen before I even find them. This is strong since it's basically like starting the game with 4 gens. In the late stages, survivors are more likely to be grouped on the same gen since there are less total gens. There is also a risk of a 3 gen, which Prove Thyself is very important for breaking. In these scenarios, Prove Thyself gives far more gen speed than any other perk. If Prove Thyself wasn't strong, the nerf shouldn't bother you much.

    I mean, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I'm just not going to celebrate it either, because it isn't going to matter. PT was never a problem, and nerfing it won't improve my killer games in any way.

    The only impact it could have is if it makes my generators pop faster because survivors are actually spreading out, which is always better than grouping up with PT.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3474383#Comment_3474383

    Better than having a gen pop before I find a single survivor.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471725#Comment_3471725

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471728#Comment_3471728

    Prove Thyself is very strong in the early and late stages of the game where it is very likely for survivors to be grouped together. If all survivors spawn together on a large map, they can quickly rush a gen before I even find them. This is strong since it's basically like starting the game with 4 gens. In the late stages, survivors are more likely to be grouped on the same gen since there are less total gens. There is also a risk of a 3 gen, which Prove Thyself is very important for breaking. In these scenarios, Prove Thyself gives far more gen speed than any other perk. If Prove Thyself wasn't strong, the nerf shouldn't bother you much.

    Well if you think that, that's your right. As I said already - as a survivor I would be even happier if devs outright burried the perk. It's totally overrated and even the case you mentioned at the start of the game is a mistake - you should always spread out. The only good usage of the perk is for very last generator, or if indeed killer is holding his 3gen (which again should boil into killer holding his last generator - you should take those other gens if killer is not defending them). And even in this case, it's still less then 7s saved as a hypothetical maximum for 2 people. That's less slowdown then using blast mine 2x per match.

    Also - last time I played bubba - the game looked to be won. 4 hooks, 5 gens to go. 2 seconds later, 4 hooks, 2gens to go. Just 2 seconds changed my perspective of I almost certainly won the game into the game is still very much on. If those survivors had proof, I would have much easier time with them. They would group and that means they would most certainly die for that once I found them. Even if they didn't, finding the group means disturbing multiple survivors.

    So overall as survivor main - nerf proof even more. Make it as useless as friendly competition. Get rid of it. Burry it. It's bad for survivor team anyway even though it's popular.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3474383#Comment_3474383

    Better than having a gen pop before I find a single survivor.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471725#Comment_3471725

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471728#Comment_3471728

    Prove Thyself is very strong in the early and late stages of the game where it is very likely for survivors to be grouped together. If all survivors spawn together on a large map, they can quickly rush a gen before I even find them. This is strong since it's basically like starting the game with 4 gens. In the late stages, survivors are more likely to be grouped on the same gen since there are less total gens. There is also a risk of a 3 gen, which Prove Thyself is very important for breaking. In these scenarios, Prove Thyself gives far more gen speed than any other perk. If Prove Thyself wasn't strong, the nerf shouldn't bother you much.

    It's definitely one of the more decent perks but since the survivors could just be on different gens then I didn't mind it much

    The only thing that bothers me I'd the BP removal when survivors already get on average a pitiful amount of BP..

1 2 ›