There was absolutely NOTHING mentioned for killer gameplay or accessibility improvements!

There was absolutely NOTHING mentioned for killer gameplay or accessibility improvements!

Let’s review the scoreboard:

Survivor gameplay and accessibility improvements:

1) Survivor HUD

2) Visual Terror Radius

3) Anti-facecamping

4) DC Survivor bots

Killer gameplay and accessibility improvements:

0) Absolutely nothing!!!!!!!

Comments

  • @illNicola said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3435649#Comment_3435649

    I prefer tunneling gens, not because I'm a fan of tru3, but because in my opinion represent better the situation. I follow him as other dbd streamer, except for one in particular.

    Let me ask you something, because I don't know if it's the case. Tru3 was saying that blight is an ok killer when he was on the ptb or was already live?

    I don't know everything he says because I usually whatch dbd videos without audio.

    He heavily defended eruption? I missed this. If he said something like "Eruption is balanced since prove thyself exist in the game" I agree with him, because eruption was the only actual counter to prove thyself.

    "You're not supposed to win every game", well I quite disagree with this, because if you're strong, really strong, you're supposed to win every game. Someone told me that a streamer did 1000 win streak with blight, I've seen this streamer playing and he is very very strong (also if I don't really believe the 1000 win streak thing).

    Tru3 said that around the wekser release that blight was mediocre.

    and no he defended eruption because “it rewarded killers for getting downs” when he really defended it because it was the strongest killer perk and it lead to wins

    and nah your not supposed to win every game. Most of your games? Sure but every? Nah the game is not built around that

  • @EmmaFrostyEyes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3435774#Comment_3435774

    Tru3 said that around the wekser release that blight was mediocre.

    and no he defended eruption because “it rewarded killers for getting downs” when he really defended it because it was the strongest killer perk and it lead to wins

    and nah your not supposed to win every game. Most of your games? Sure but every? Nah the game is not built around that

    Ok, so around Wesker release blight was the second strongest killer in the game. Big L for tru3.

    Eruption rewards killers for down, I think everyone agree with this, but incapacitated is too much. As I said and I will always say, if they changed eruption from "25 seconds incapacitated" to "25 seconds of incapability to touch generators" would be perfect in my opinion, since I always saw eruption as a counter to prove thyself

    Probably I say "Win every game" since lot of times when I loose it feels unfair, since I end my chase really quickly and gens pop the same.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3435864#Comment_3435864

    Hold on, what do you mean?

    Why has that changed, exactly? If you only want to use one regression perk, you can still do that, you've still got options. Better options than pre-nerf CoB, too, assuming you aren't sticking by three generators and harassing survivors away to let CoB eat away at them. Pain Res, Eruption, hell, even new Pop and Jolt are perfectly serviceable. Let alone if you branch out into other forms of slowdown, where there are even more options, and let alone if you allow yourself full builds of complementary perks with more than one slowdown included.

    Even if you lost your entire ability to regress generators (which you absolutely haven't) that doesn't automatically mean you have to start camping. You could just, generate normal slowdown pressure through downs and hooks.

    As for survivor perks, I don't know. Other than pre-nerf CoH, I can't think of any survivor perks that need a 75% nerf like CoB did to its regression half. It's kind of a false example when CoB needed a change and other perks don't, wouldn't you agree?

    -"If you only want to use one regression perk, you can still do that"

    Name a survivor perk you would continue to use it if only gave 25% of its current effect. Go on, I'll wait.


    -"Pain Res, Eruption, hell, even new Pop and Jolt are perfectly serviceable"

    I don't agree. Jolt is 8% and needs to be combined in aggregate with other regression perks; meanwhile clever survivors jump into a locker to prevent its use.

    Pain Res does nothing if you tunnel. This is a tunnel meta for both sides so I'm not going to bother with that. Hooking one player three times was -45% progress on generators and then you gave the team a permanent -25% progress penalty.

    To put this into perspective : survivor gen rushing perks have no limitation and work at full speed if the killer has one hook or 9 hooks.


    -"that doesn't automatically mean you have to start camping. You could just, generate normal slowdown pressure through downs and hooks."

    So when Otz made his video showing that the best survivor options were well countered by the best killer options we didn't see Hens and crew going against any of the killers that Otz puts in the lowest tier on his killer list. Why is that? We all know the answer - those killers would have been absolutely destroyed.

    Think for a moment about the slow walking speed of M1 killers. Think about how almost all the maps in DBD play out for those maps vs strong loopers. How does the game go if the killer goes for chases and abandons their 3 gen setup?

    Think about a map like Azarov's; there are 3 gens on one side 1 gen in the middle and 3 gens on the other side. What m1 killer without teleport abilities has the potential to contest any generator setup other than the last three generators all being on the same side? The answer is none.

    To this you might say : well that's an unbalanced map. You would be correct but the problem is that nearly 80% of the maps in DBD can be polarized in a similar manner where M1 walking speed killers cannot contest the generators.

    Meanwhile you can always contest the unhooks. I can play with 0 gen regression perks now and just play to remove one player from the game asap. For years we had a meta where you could defend the gens even with the lowest tier killers on Otz's list. That's simply not true anymore with nerfed regression perks.


    The bottom line is that when you play efficient survivors you have to play efficiently as well. That means camping/slugging and tunneling.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431727#Comment_3431727

    POV: You completely missed them saying they're messing with Coldwind maps.

    rancid abbatoir is mostly fine except for garbage RNG, cowshed needed to be fixed but you also ignore the fact that the maps they previously intended to balance towards killer ended up being EVEN MORE survivor sided

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3435882#Comment_3435882

    -"If you only want to use one regression perk, you can still do that"

    Name a survivor perk you would continue to use it if only gave 25% of its current effect. Go on, I'll wait.

    -"Pain Res, Eruption, hell, even new Pop and Jolt are perfectly serviceable"

    I don't agree. Jolt is 8% and needs to be combined in aggregate with other regression perks; meanwhile clever survivors jump into a locker to prevent its use.

    Pain Res does nothing if you tunnel. This is a tunnel meta for both sides so I'm not going to bother with that. Hooking one player three times was -45% progress on generators and then you gave the team a permanent -25% progress penalty.

    To put this into perspective : survivor gen rushing perks have no limitation and work at full speed if the killer has one hook or 9 hooks.

    -"that doesn't automatically mean you have to start camping. You could just, generate normal slowdown pressure through downs and hooks."

    So when Otz made his video showing that the best survivor options were well countered by the best killer options we didn't see Hens and crew going against any of the killers that Otz puts in the lowest tier on his killer list. Why is that? We all know the answer - those killers would have been absolutely destroyed.

    Think for a moment about the slow walking speed of M1 killers. Think about how almost all the maps in DBD play out for those maps vs strong loopers. How does the game go if the killer goes for chases and abandons their 3 gen setup?

    Think about a map like Azarov's; there are 3 gens on one side 1 gen in the middle and 3 gens on the other side. What m1 killer without teleport abilities has the potential to contest any generator setup other than the last three generators all being on the same side? The answer is none.

    To this you might say : well that's an unbalanced map. You would be correct but the problem is that nearly 80% of the maps in DBD can be polarized in a similar manner where M1 walking speed killers cannot contest the generators.

    Meanwhile you can always contest the unhooks. I can play with 0 gen regression perks now and just play to remove one player from the game asap. For years we had a meta where you could defend the gens even with the lowest tier killers on Otz's list. That's simply not true anymore with nerfed regression perks.

    The bottom line is that when you play efficient survivors you have to play efficiently as well. That means camping/slugging and tunneling.

    Tackling those points in order:

    1: I don't need to. That has nothing to do with the point, which is that if you want to only run one regression perk, there are options available to you now that are better than CoB from before its nerf, assuming you aren't going for a 3-gen strategy. I also don't have to because there aren't any survivor perks that need that kind of nerf in the way that CoB did.

    (Also I don't play that much survivor? I barely have a defined build as is, I'm a killer player first and foremost.)

    2: Well, simple fix there. Don't tunnel. It isn't necessary and more perks will help you if you don't.

    3: What does Otz and Hens have to do with this, exactly? Comp level players like them are outliers, that's true of every live balance multiplayer game. Genuinely, what exactly is the point there? What part of those videos or those games is meant to translate to the average game from the majority of players?

    For your bottom line there... if you rely too much on trying to remove one player from the game ASAP, to the point where you're actively denying the use of strong perks that would help you play otherwise, you're gonna find that you lose when those less fair and more cheesy tactics are addressed by the devs. The right call on your end is to adapt.

    The only sticking points, and I will acknowledge them, is the strength of toolboxes and the unbalanced nature of some maps. However, BHVR cannot do everything at once, and since you do not need to camp or tunnel or commit so hard to a 3-gen that your game lasts 40 minutes, there's nothing wrong with them starting there and working outwards.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3436469#Comment_3436469

    Tackling those points in order:

    1: I don't need to. That has nothing to do with the point, which is that if you want to only run one regression perk, there are options available to you now that are better than CoB from before its nerf, assuming you aren't going for a 3-gen strategy. I also don't have to because there aren't any survivor perks that need that kind of nerf in the way that CoB did.

    (Also I don't play that much survivor? I barely have a defined build as is, I'm a killer player first and foremost.)

    2: Well, simple fix there. Don't tunnel. It isn't necessary and more perks will help you if you don't.

    3: What does Otz and Hens have to do with this, exactly? Comp level players like them are outliers, that's true of every live balance multiplayer game. Genuinely, what exactly is the point there? What part of those videos or those games is meant to translate to the average game from the majority of players?

    For your bottom line there... if you rely too much on trying to remove one player from the game ASAP, to the point where you're actively denying the use of strong perks that would help you play otherwise, you're gonna find that you lose when those less fair and more cheesy tactics are addressed by the devs. The right call on your end is to adapt.

    The only sticking points, and I will acknowledge them, is the strength of toolboxes and the unbalanced nature of some maps. However, BHVR cannot do everything at once, and since you do not need to camp or tunnel or commit so hard to a 3-gen that your game lasts 40 minutes, there's nothing wrong with them starting there and working outwards.

    -"if you want to only run one regression perk, there are o"ptions available to you now that are better than CoB from before its nerf, assuming you aren't going for a 3-gen strategy"

    And that's the problem because most of the maps in DBD are so large or safe that you either 3 gen or you "Y gen" as my friend calls it. The viable strategy for old M1 killers is to 3 gen but that strategy is getting phased out because Knight and SM make that unfun. Instead of reworking the base game mechanic why don't we rework the two killers that almost everyone hates instead of throwing out a mechanic which has been part of the game for nearly 7 years now.


    -"simple fix there. Don't tunnel"

    Ah yes great advice. I mean it would make sense if we went back to the time of 2016-18 when survivors didn't tunnel generators and routinely tried to escape three times on their first hook. Even Otz is extremely guilty of saying : if I want to win I need to tunnel out this Meg. Are you saying I'm better than Otz? Thank you.


    -"Comp level players like them are outliers"

    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of DBD as a whole. Killers catch people when they are much better than the survivors they are chasing unless they are using a very strong killer. Moving from Nurse/Blight down to worse killers you need to play better in order to catch weaker players because the chassis is less functional. If you're playing extremely good players then you need to be better­² but you can't do that because you're on Trapper or Doctor.

    If you need a translation: the best trapper in the world will probably get stumped by just a "pretty good" 4 man SWF team. Does that seem right? I can look back at DBD four years ago and we were getting three players out in ~85% of our matches. That's not right. What allowed us to do so : SWF+ Broken items+ Broken maps +Broken perks.

    What has changed since that time? A few of the maps/items/perks are less busted but they are still way too strong when used at their full potential.


    If you look at the best players in the world and walk it down two steps you have survivors who are better than their equals. This goes all the way down until you get to medium ranks where the playing field levels out. Survivors don't really play well and the killer has some minimal advantage as a result. If you go below that then the killer actually has an advantage because people literally don't understand the game most of the time without coaching or 100 hours of play time.


    -"if you rely too much on trying to remove one player from the game ASAP...you're gonna find that you lose when those less fair and more cheesy tactics are addressed by the devs"

    I've basically retired playing most of the "pathetic" killers unless I want to play a chill game after I've hit max rank for the month. When the rules change in DBD to favor the survivors and you need to adapt the solution according to my friends list over the last 7 years you (in order of likely hood of being chosen as a course of action) :

    1. Play a stronger killer.
    2. Quit playing
    3. Try something else.

    When we look at the previous patch I don't see a problem with any single killer besides Knight/SM for the "3 gen problem". If Nurse and Blight are miles ahead of all the other killers then that's a balance problem and we need to adjust all the killers to be on the same footing.


    -"since you do not need to camp or tunnel or commit so hard to a 3-gen that your game lasts 40 minutes"

    Again I will repeat that people who play this game professional as their job repeatedly say: I need to camp/tunnel/slug this person to win. When the very best players need to do it (when not using the "not so great" killers) it kinds shows you that something is wrong.


    Fundamentally speaking there is a huge gap in terms of what the average baddie does when they play DBD vs what the very good players do. Bad players see a pallet and throw a pallet; this mentality actually makes many of the maps in DBD make sense. What becomes a problem is when you have good players (not even talking comp level) who loop a pallet, loop it again, and then a third time they might throw it or they might not. Either way you still don't have a down and you're only half way there. So they run to a new loop and you have to do all that over again. Maybe on the second loop they throw the pallet and stun you.

    So you go to the next loop and someone takes a hit for them. Around this time two generators pop and you've gotten zero hooks. Most people have never played against this but some people play against it almost every single game. This isn't some phantom 1% comp team - it's just really good players all in the same lobby who understand how to punish the killer and waste time.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431900#Comment_3431900

    You heard it here first, bots are OP.

    😂 what a joke

    No where in their comment did they say bots were OP. They noted the strength of bots, and you made up something to fit your narrative like the typical no lifer poster on this board does.

  • I think there’s some confusion in game direction which comes from trying to appeal to everyone. Balancing the game for the majority means that MMR should not exist in the game and people should get Killers ranging from sweaty Blights to baby Trappers. However if the game wants to have MMR, then it has to be balanced based on the top % of the players.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3434646#Comment_3434646

    Well, let's take a logical look at that, shall we?

    Do you believe MOST players play during the day, or in the evening?

    What do you imagine the distribution might be? 15% during the day, and 85% at night? How about 20% and 80% to stick with the thread theme of distribution?

    Because if so, the evening numbers are at least 4x as important as the daytime numbers.

    P.S. Behavior could end this discussion at will with some data release, as well as Killer - Survivor primary player distribution.

    Does it matter, when as I showed in my photos incentives are based on more than just how many people are playing? 100% killer on one account and 100% survivor on another, photos taken at the same time (you can see the TV in the background). And I get that often. In fact, on one account (mid-MMR, 2+ years progress) it sits on 100% survivor incentive almost consistently - even in the evenings. The other account (low-MMR) tends to have killer incentives more often in the evenings and survivor incentives during the day.

    What my experience suggests to me is that the low MMR bracket in my region needs killers more often while the mid-MMR bracket in my region needs more survivors more often.

  • @KSzerker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431909#Comment_3431909

    No where in their comment did they say bots were OP. They noted the strength of bots, and you made up something to fit your narrative like the typical no lifer poster on this board does.

    Tony did.

    Likewise, the person who I responded to also mentioned bots being able to "instantly blind you".

    Sounds like moth behavior tbh

  • SupaAlf 7000+h killer in a tournament :

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2kigkdZQO8A


    Trying to 3gen and facecamping a survivor. According to the survivor rulebook he is a weak, baby, no skill player. Thank god Deja Vu is getting buffed and survivors will be able to unhook themselves soon, now please get good and stop being toxic !! I want to play the game by being afk on a generator and not being afk on a hook. Thanks BHVR.

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431829#Comment_3431829

    I forgot about the hook bubbles. TBH i hate them on survivor too. I think those bubbles are something everyone can agree needs to be changed.

    plus, they were not as bad as now because they used to be transparent for auras which we could see auras through them now since dredge came out its been obsecuring auras too and they even said thats intended when everyone thought it was a bug

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431771#Comment_3431771

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RDRAG5CBBVWH/dbd-roadmap-7-png.png

    Soooo...where's the Survivor QoL announcements? I'm not seeing any on this roadmap.

    Fact of the matter is, you have zero idea what they have planned. Neither the HUD rework nor the Visual TR are listed on the Year 7 Roadmap. I know for a fact that the colorblind settings weren't listed either.

    It stands to reason that they wouldn't list any planned Killer QoL updates here either.

    Hey @Coffeecrashing

    i was right and i'm both very petty and very happy that i will no longer be motion sick

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431797#Comment_3431797

    Hey @Coffeecrashing

    i was right and i'm both very petty and very happy that i will no longer be motion sick

    I wonder if BHVR can figure out how to increase vertical FoV, without everything getting squashed together in the middle of the screen.

1 2 3 4 ›