Killers constanly camping and tunnelling

bb5a8345-046e-405a-8267-3007fef0c6bb.png

Gosh darn, I sure do wonder why!

Comments

  • The gen rush meta was bound to happen with healing and all remaining good survivor perks being nerfed. That's all survivors can really do now.

  • I dont play game so much anymore, I m playing only Solo-q survivors, but i m facing so many campers and tunnelers. Also MMR isnt best, I have 5k hours but my teamates with 500 hours below ... :/

    I never been facing so many campers and tunnelers I think. But maybe its ok, I m playing this game less and less tho, not finding so much fun in the game anymore maybe.

  • @NotAnotherDoctor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420861#Comment_3420861

    "If you sweat by camping and tunnelling you're supposed to get games like this"

    Or maybe gen speed and perks like this are why you're seeing an increase in camping and tunnelling?

    Also MMR doesn't exist

    Ne, that is already debunked. There was a patch that still had good gen regression, and increased gen times. By your logic, tunneling and camping should have gone down. instead, they had risen, because killers had more time doing it.

    Camping and tunneling simply is the easiest way to a 4k for a killer, and thats why they do it. At that point, gen rushing just wasn´t enough anymore, and i guess thats why gen regression was nerfed.

    But please realize that every reason for killers camping and tunneling other than "they want to win the game by any means" is just wrong, as we have seen in the past.

  • That's what I've been thinking. Both sides use strategies to ensure wins, that don't rely on making good plays.

    For survivors we had second chances, spam healing and now gen speed running. I had a match the other day where they somehow managed to complete all 5 gens in 4 minutes with only 1 toolbox. I was a bit shocked because I had never felt this powerless. Killers tunnel, camp and slug more. Playing the game normally is not time efficient enough to ensure wins in some situations.

    Whoever loses to one of these extremes is likely to respond with an extreme in the next match.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420980#Comment_3420980

    If your opponents are trying, you should be trying as well.

    Meanwhile me

    "You can get 4ks more efficiently by doing these strats"

    *just chasing multiple survivors around loops while holding my saw out waiting for the chance to curve* billy saw go brrr. Im having a lot of fun over here. Sure i get those "lets go coldwind with 4 bnps prove thyself blah blah blah" good. They can rank up and deal with the spirits and nurses that play like they do lol. Im fine with my billys current placement. Not like i never get 4ks (i have in my past 4 games so im probably due a challenge here soon)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420899#Comment_3420899

    This is why i stopped playing killer.

    • it is simply not fun anymore, just stressful.

    Yeah its a shame. When you realize it's swf too you kinda just want to put down the controller. Wayyy to sweaty to be any fun

  • They do it because it’s the path of least resistance. It’s the easiest way to secure kills. And the reason the Gen slowdown meta was dialed back is b/c killers could effectively camp/tunnel but survivors couldn’t even get through enough gens to punish that. Killers were scoring 2Ks before survivors could complete 3 gens and that was why the gem slowdown perks were altered. As a concession (and to further disrupt camping), survivors take much longer to reset after hits/heal up now.

  • I often wonder if complaints about camp/tunnels would be less prevelent if there were scoring events for being camped/tunneled.

    Considering the devs think it's a valid strategy while killer loses BP for facecamping, why not have the survivor being picked off get a reasonable amount of BP for it? Enough to not feel like your time was completely wasted buying your team time?

  • And yet the kill rate remains 60% 🤷‍♀️

  • @Wowie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420867#Comment_3420867

    every meta is called the least fun meta

    wonder what the next one will be

    People have been tunneling, camping, slugging and gen rushing and complaining about it since I started the game. This is the first time there's not been a particularly viable alternative.

    Idk about you, but I'd say that makes it the least fun.

  • I didn't read your whole conversation because I can't read but I notice the guy used NOED, so his whole rant is unvalid.

    Also, remember to always boop the snoot.

  • @MarylinMonhoe said:

    I didn't read your whole conversation because I can't read but I notice the guy used NOED, so his whole rant is unvalid.

    Also, remember to always boop the snoot.

    Imagine running a perk in a game that I paid for 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

  • @NotAnotherDoctor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3423269#Comment_3423269

    Imagine running a perk in a game that I paid for 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

    It's against the etiquette. Just like hooking and chasing. You are supposed to let us repair.

    Nah, more seriously, the tunneling and camping come and go. Sometimes I can play 8 hours straight (GFN user here) and never see such things and sometimes, i get facecamped and tunnel at 5 gens.

    BHVR can't really do anything. They can nerf all they wand and buff survs all they want, but if the killer decides he wants that survivor out of the game even if that means, he only got 1k, you can"t do much against that.

  • Wait, killing everyone is your main goal? Does your fun revolves around this? If it is, you're gonna have some serious rage problems.

  • @NotAnotherDoctor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420877#Comment_3420877

    2K that I got by facecamping and tunnelling because how the hell else are you supposed to compete with that?

    You admitted to sitting by the hook and not patrolling gens. And you're complaining because you broke even not patrolling gens?

  • Because playing nicely and trying to get 10+ hooks will get you rinsed.

  • @Xernoton said:

    That's what I've been thinking. Both sides use strategies to ensure wins, that don't rely on making good plays.

    For survivors we had second chances, spam healing and now gen speed running. I had a match the other day where they somehow managed to complete all 5 gens in 4 minutes with only 1 toolbox. I was a bit shocked because I had never felt this powerless. Killers tunnel, camp and slug more. Playing the game normally is not time efficient enough to ensure wins in some situations.

    Whoever loses to one of these extremes is likely to respond with an extreme in the next match.

    The afterthoughts are what really take you for a ride, especially when it dons upon you that unless you're using certain kits, the survivors really can finish so fast there is next to nothing you can do about it.

  • If survivors are smart and organized, you barely get 1 kill even if you tunnel and camp. They will pause the hook timer and exchange hooks, while pressing gens.

    A smart indicator of a good match is not how many kills you got, but how much BPs you made.

    A good amount indicates that everyone participated in different actions, such as gens, chases, altruism, etc. The more the actions, the more fun it is.

    You can get a 4k at 5 gens and do 10k BP. Or you can rush gens and escape with 10k each.

    Is that a win? I mean, if you say it is, don't let me stop you.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Welcome to the least fun meta dbd has ever seen. Maybe they'll fix it... maybe.

    Its not meta. Its the mindset as always.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420882#Comment_3420882

    You admitted to sitting by the hook and not patrolling gens. And you're complaining because you broke even not patrolling gens?

    Hooked in basement during EGC, second one wasn't aware I had NOED 👍

  • Yes, and they nerf Trapper every map update.

1 2 ›