Since I started tunneling every game, I have yet to lose

All matches are 4k except for a few that were 3k because the last survivor escaped through the hatch. I don't slug for 4k.

I used to hate being tunneled and also tunneling people if I was the killer, but I just said f¨¨k it, let's do it. Why not?

What's the point of not tunneling if there is nothing in the game that prevents or punishes you for doing that? It's just the most efficient way to win.

I also stopped complaining about killers tunneling in my survivor games because, if that happens to me, I just die on second hook GGWP and move on. I have been playing only SWF too and the people playing with me kinda have the same mindset. I gave up solo queue completely since the release of the newest patch.

I still advocate for changes. I think tunneling should be impossible, and I have really hardcore ideas to change that, such as the unhooked survivor having endless invincibility until conspicuous action

Comments

  • @Veritere said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410062#Comment_3410062

    And I agree with that! Like I said, it's not an easy problem to solve.

    Unless they rework the game completely, it's not a problem that is going away. Which is a shame honestly. I really think this will only hurt the game in the long run. Killers tunnel to get easy games, survivors, specially soloq, get tired of playing. Killer's mmr increases due to inflated kills, starts getting coordinated sfw's that somewhat know how to counter this and begins to get tired of the game aswell.

    It's a spiral of disdain and hate =/

    The problem is that you take the wrong side of thing, Killers didn't began this hellloop.

    Just take a look at Survivors videos, they're all about making the Killer player DC.

    If tunneling was the resort of all those trashy killer mains that deserve to rot in hell, then how those videos comes out?

    It should be easy for those pesky killer mains to dodge the super skilled god like vengeful angel Survivor main that makes vilainous killer mains DC to instead focus on the weaker link no?

    Well it doesn't happen because Killers tunnel only because your team is on gens 24/24, they cannot reach them because of Sprint Burst, they cannot see them because they hide before the killer come, and because patrolling gens or chasing takes usually 5 gens and an immediate 4 man escapes.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3411085#Comment_3411085

    I think it should balance around the casual player which includes SWF casuals. There are some sweaty SWF teams, but I doubt most of them are like this. When I did SWF we had over 10k hours experience with DBD and we valued our random goofy fun more than winning all the time. When even the killer gets a good laugh at the end of the match and thanks us for being a fun team to play against you know things are going well. Casual players can't effectively deal with sweaty killer strategies that are largely seen as toxic, like tunneling. I said before I think the game needs to fundamentally change in a way that tunneling is not even a possibility nor something the killer ever feels they need to do to win or regain an advantage. As far as what that change could be I don't know. Perhaps longer matches would help, but that would mean making gens take longer to do which survivors don't like. I've also thought about the idea of removing the hook timer altogether, at least on the first hook, which would encourage killers to focus on other survivors more since they are gaining no progress by camping or staying close to the hooked survivor. So long as the killer has a decent amount of distance from the hooked survivor, tunneling is far less likely to happen.

    Since you think the game should be balanced around casual play, then killer should be made easier.

  • Best to change maps first and to NEVER make tunneling impossible as long as the win con is just kill survivors. There's a reason why tunnel slowdown exists.

  • I really would like to see your matches where you "tunnel" then get a easy 4k. Focusing on one person is an easy way to get a 3 man out if they focus on doing gens while the tunneled person drops all the pallets in the map.

    Hardcore tunneling is not always the best idea, specially since you can be slowed down with Off the Record, Decisive Strike (a smart usage of Decisive can turn the tide of a match), Dead hard and other anti-tunnel stuff. If you don't use Corrupt Intervention or Deadlock, the gens will go even faster.

    Tunneling without reasoning is a recipe to get a 3 man out

  • @Rickprado said:

    I really would like to see your matches where you "tunnel" then get a easy 4k. Focusing on one person is an easy way to get a 3 man out if they focus on doing gens while the tunneled person drops all the pallets in the map.

    Hardcore tunneling is not always the best idea, specially since you can be slowed down with Off the Record, Decisive Strike (a smart usage of Decisive can turn the tide of a match), Dead hard and other anti-tunnel stuff. If you don't use Corrupt Intervention or Deadlock, the gens will go even faster.

    Tunneling without reasoning is a recipe to get a 3 man out

    image.png

    Me play as Myers without slowdown with 73% killrate seeing other killers struggle for a win.

  • If you don't tunnel at higher MMR, you tend to lose. That's generally a problem with the game design as a whole. Tunneling is just so strongly incentivized - especially since many killers don't have much of a choice. It's either stacking as much gen regression as you can, or don't and tunnel. Survivors just have so many second changes and tools available to them to the point where in this game people can literally bully the power role.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    All matches are 4k except for a few that were 3k because the last survivor escaped through the hatch. I don't slug for 4k.

    I used to hate being tunneled and also tunneling people if I was the killer, but I just said f¨¨k it, let's do it. Why not?

    What's the point of not tunneling if there is nothing in the game that prevents or punishes you for doing that? It's just the most efficient way to win.

    I also stopped complaining about killers tunneling in my survivor games because, if that happens to me, I just die on second hook GGWP and move on. I have been playing only SWF too and the people playing with me kinda have the same mindset. I gave up solo queue completely since the release of the newest patch.

    I still advocate for changes. I think tunneling should be impossible, and I have really hardcore ideas to change that, such as the unhooked survivor having endless invincibility until conspicuous action

    The worst thing about this post is here

    “If that happens to me, i just die on second hook”

    The worst is you give up on second hook and ruined other teammate game. You stop complaining but you still don't like being tunnel.

    If you don't like other people doing that to you, then don't do that to other people


    This not even about tunneling anymore but about your extraordinary mindset.

  • Can you post videos for the matches? I think I asked this before and you posted it but you uploaded only one.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    If you don't tunnel at higher MMR, you tend to lose. That's generally a problem with the game design as a whole. Tunneling is just so strongly incentivized - especially since many killers don't have much of a choice. It's either stacking as much gen regression as you can, or don't and tunnel. Survivors just have so many second changes and tools available to them to the point where in this game people can literally bully the power role.

    For me, 2 sides have equal skill, fair play should result both side have the chance of 50/50. One side has to try harder than other side to not make the chance 50/50 but favor leaning on the try hard.

    @Astel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3592595#Comment_3592595

    Can you post videos for the matches? I think I asked this before and you posted it but you uploaded only one.

    I've been off from the game a week or two after 50 matches rush. May be I will try again, but I dont have much time to record, edit, upload/share every match, especially sharing by thought during a match (that vid alone took me 3h to edit).

    Since MMR is more strict and streamers are more struggled, I wonder if it would make my game alot harder. But I will try again one day, with less rules on my side.

  • Yeah, i have over 80% killrate on Knight, but that doesn't mean anything.

    Maybe its something tied to the region? Most of players that i go against in my region have 1,5k to 3k hours.

    I know very good players (who played in comp against good international teams) and agree that if you play completely nice you will probably take some escapes easily


    Edit: and if you are playing tombstone piece myers, that's a completely another situation.

  • @MikeStev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/373574/since-i-started-tunneling-every-game-i-have-yet-to-lose

    The worst thing about this post is here

    “If that happens to me, i just die on second hook”

    The worst is you give up on second hook and ruined other teammate game. You stop complaining but you still don't like being tunnel.

    If you don't like other people doing that to you, then don't do that to other people

    This not even about tunneling anymore but about your extraordinary mindset.

    Sure buddy, sure

  • Basekit OTR + Unbreakable+ DS for a recently unhooked survivor. Or a survivor that has been hooked twice consecutively, something like that.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    Tunneling is bad for this game. No one likes being chased down right off the hook.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3409831#Comment_3409831

    "Tunneling isn't frowned upon by the devs, its not an exploit and it doesn't break immersion."

    Yea... it just makes people not want to play the game. If survivors do not have some kind of viable way to counter a tunneling killer then it remains a problem. If survivors had a way to not be seen by the killer for a few seconds after being unhooked then tunneling would probably not be an issue anymore.

    In my opinion tunnelling can be very harmful to newbie survivors. Imagine you started playing the game and got tunnelled from the start. Becoming a good looper takes hundreds, even thousnads of hours for some people. How are you supposed to get better at the game if you can't do that. I don't do it as I feel guilty doing it but in some situations it's the only way for some killers to secure a win. At least you are having fun but just think about who you are doing it to and if people are 'toxic' to you then they are having fun.

1 2 ›