Twitch Streamer wins 1000 games in a row as Blight

You can check Otz's twitter if you are skeptical and want to verify. Do you think Blight should be nerfed? Thoughts? Is there a justifiable reason for why any killer should be this powerful? 1000 wins in a row just seems a bit ridiculous and difficult to defend. Even the great Magnus Carlsen never won more than 125 chess matches in a row.

and yes I am going to keep crying about this busted killer until he is finally nerfed.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410367#Comment_3410367

    Mhmmm.

    Are you actually arguing that point or just pointing it out?

    Both? The devs want a balance at 60% kill rate. At average mmr, performs under that. At top 5%, he performs just over that. So based on statistic, how are they outliers?

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410394#Comment_3410394

    What’s your evidence? There’s lots of examples of good survivors holding their own against both and winning.

    Edited my post to make my meaning more clear.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410396#Comment_3410396

    Both? The devs want a balance at 60% kill rate. At average mmr, performs under that. At top 5%, he performs just over that. So based on statistic, how are they outliers?

    We certainly don't see Killers like Legion going on 1000 win streaks, do we?

    So there must be something there.

    I somewhat agree that Blight isn't overtuned for the average player. The trick would be to balance him for the higher-end whilst not affecting his average-end players.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410401#Comment_3410401

    I still don’t agree though? Nurse and Blight both have enough counterplay.

    To recap, you think the other Killers should be on Nurse and Blight's level?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410399#Comment_3410399

    We certainly don't see Killers like Legion going on 1000 win streaks, do we?

    So there must be something there.

    I don’t think blight is the issue of the streak. I would argue it’s more tunneling, and maybe even more so matchmaking. I saw many of the games, and he would still get potatoes for survivors.

    How would you balance blight for the top end without affecting the average?

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410405#Comment_3410405

    The average survivors don’t ever play against an opponent this skilled as anything more than a statistical hyper minority either, what’s your point?

    On the contrary, I think it's FAR more likely for an average Survivor to play someone like Momo than it is for someone like Zaka or Knightlight to match against him.

    There's simply MORE average Survivors and the matchmaker will always prioritize speed over accuracy.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410405#Comment_3410405

    I don’t think blight is the issue of the streak. I would argue it’s more tunneling, and maybe even more so matchmaking. I saw many of the games, and he would still get potatoes for survivors.

    How would you balance blight for the top end without affecting the average?

    That's the trick isn't it? How do you make him a little weaker on the upper-end while not affecting him on the lower-end.

    I think you could adjust his addons and wait. It's entirely possible that Blight would be perfectly balanced without addons. I'd rather mess with his already too good addons than touch his basekit.

    So I figure, get rid of Alc Ring, nerf C33 and don't let the speed addons stack. I think that would be a fine way to leave him for a couple months and see what happens.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410412#Comment_3410412

    That's the trick isn't it? How do you make him a little weaker on the upper-end while not affecting him on the lower-end.

    I think you could adjust his addons and wait. It's entirely possible that Blight would be perfectly balanced without addons. I'd rather mess with his already too good addons than touch his basekit.

    So I figure, get rid of Alc Ring, nerf C33 and don't let the speed addons stack. I think that would be a fine way to leave him for a couple months and see what happens.

    I think that would be a fair 1st move. I agree on that 100%.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410409#Comment_3410409

    No? What makes you say that? Differing levels of strength is fine. It just shouldn’t be as excessive as it is now on the lower end. If the majority of killers are around Wesker’s level of strength, that would be fine. That does not mean stronger isn’t okay. Some abilities will just naturally have a higher potential strength due to the ability itself.

    So why shouldn't all Killers be on Nurse or Blights level?

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410413#Comment_3410413

    I think you misinterpreted what I meant, or I worded it poorly. The chance any specific average player is going to get matched against someone of Momo’s level is negligible.

    Momo will almost always go against average survivors. But out of Average Survivor Lobby A, B, C, …, the odds of specifically A going against Momo is also negligible. Which is why it’s not a problem. For A, it sucks that they basically got hit by lightning, but it’s extremely unlikely they’ll end up in that situation again. As you recognize, there is a huge amount of average players. If Momo was going against the same average survivors over and over, that would be a problem. But they aren’t. Some survivors will have the misfortune of being matched against Momo, likely promptly lose, and then go onto normal matches.

    Is it not a problem that he's sent to slaughter regular players in the first place?

    Those people have ZERO chance. Don't you think that's terrible for the game?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410421#Comment_3410421

    Is it not a problem that he's sent to slaughter regular players in the first place?

    Those people have ZERO chance. Don't you think that's terrible for the game?

    I think that’s the nature of any multiplayer game to be honest. Specifically ones that don’t have some sort of strict ranked mode or aren’t MMO.

    edit - aren’t*

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410419#Comment_3410419

    If they could, that would be fine. But they literally can’t, because a mechanically simpler ability like Bear Traps will never reach the potential of something like Nurse or Blight without getting flat buffs that would make it overpowered. You can only buff a simple concept like Bear Traps so much. But blinks, rushes, etc, give way more freedom to work with.

    In a scenario where it was possible to make all Killers equal in power to Nurse or Blight though, you'd be for that?

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410426#Comment_3410426

    I think that’s the nature of any multiplayer game to be honest. Specifically ones that don’t have some sort of strict ranked mode or are MMO.

    It doesn't even need to be strict. It just needs to, you know, not allow 1000 game winstreaks.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410425#Comment_3410425

    In a scenario where it was possible to make all Killers equal in power to Nurse or Blight though, you'd be for that?

    I would say no. I think it’s important to have your “s tier killers” and “d tier killers”.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410426#Comment_3410426

    So what else do you propose? Either Momo’s queues take several hours per game, or four out of countless average survivors get a stroke of bad luck for one game out of a countless many in their overall playtime.

    There's an in-between, surely.

    He shouldn't need to wait 4 hours for a match. He also shouldn't be going on 1000+ game winstreaks.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410430#Comment_3410430

    It doesn't even need to be strict. It just needs to, you know, not allow 1000 game winstreaks.

    So then we agree, just saying it differently. Lol

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410430#Comment_3410430

    The main factor is playerbase size. Matching the top 1% is a lot easier for larger players. Still 1% relatively, but a bigger number of actual players.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410431#Comment_3410431

    Assuming a magical made-up scenario where every killer’s power can be of that level without being broken because of what I said with simple powers having a realistic ceiling cap, yes. But that isn’t possible in the first place.

    Thanks for clearing that up.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410433#Comment_3410433

    Do you think anything that isn’t 4 survivors all on Momo’s level or better would genuinely give him a run for his money? Momo is also using 4 slowdown and tunneling someone out at 5 generators remaining every single game, and those 1000 games include a lot of games where survivors DC’d or gave up early.

    I think you need to address it either way. It doesn't matter to me which piece of the puzzle you choose to go after

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410446#Comment_3410446

    So what’s your answer to the following puzzle?

    Side A: Not enough survivors (4) + Not enough killers (1) of all close enough skill level to have a contestable match, so waiting hours till you do.

    Side B: Matching the super skilled survivors or killers against less skilled players they will trounce if those less skilled players aren’t almost on the same level as the super skilled players.

    To use a rank analogy just because it makes things simple, matching Top 500 against Silver would be worse than matching Top 500 versus Diamond, but Top 500 will still trounce Diamond players any day of the week.

    Not quite what I was referring to.

    I meant you can either address matchmaking, tunneling, slowdowns or Blight.

    I don't particularly care which one is addressed.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410367#Comment_3410367

    Mhmmm.

    Are you actually arguing that point or just pointing it out?

    Not to bring up the past, but you have used kill rates relatively recently in an argument even though we both know they are at best a rough indication. There was a 53% KR during peak dh validation + peak CoH, that shows how worthless the stats are.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3409346#Comment_3409346

    I’ve done blight streaks. It’s not difficult, especially playing like that. I didn’t say he wasn’t good, but it’s factual that the streak was heavily influenced by the play style and the old regression perks.

    I don't understand what you hope to support with that reply. It is absolutely incredibly difficult to win 1000 games in a row. It's why people are making a big deal that a guy did it. Video gamers love to act like nothing's impressive, nothing's a big deal. For a decade now I've heard gamers whine about how "people in diamond rank are trash" and other nonsense claims. What percentage of blight mains can win 1000 games in a row? .001%? When something incredibly rare happens that many attempt but very, very few succeed, that's called difficult. It's rare. It's unique in this situation.


    "It's not difficult to win 1000 games in a row if you tunnel and use good perks" is nonsense. It's a nonsense statement. "It's not difficult to hit 100 home runs if you have a good bat".


    You're just trying to crap on someone for his achievement. You don't get extra internet points for pushing others down just to try to make yourself look taller.

  • @Reinami @Huge_Bush hi, I am a survivor main (about 1,000 hours on Nintendo switch) and probably by any metric would fit into the mediocre-at best with comical levels of looping ability. Not purely for bias reasons, but a combination of the fact that I’m ABSOLUTELY horrible at First person view games + also a terrible loner so would not have the heart to be a killer. However I like to read the forum and take different points of views. My initial thoughts as someone who pretty much gets stomped 8 or 9 out of 10 matches is to feel utter dismay at posts where suggestions of further nerfs to survivors are made.

    I have come to understand the more subtle nuances especially at different levels of play however so it generally leaves me feeling quite helpless. The truth is I should ‘get good’ but I’m not sure I have it in me to become a Better looper if even after 1k hours I get downed in seconds of caught. My usual method of survival is to add value to my team in different ways (support perks, healing etc that make me an extended pair of hands for other more competent players).

    Reading a lot killer main opinions like yours, although I still don’t always agree I find them to at least be based on reasonable arguments (as opposed to some killer main posts that are so unbiased and - at least to me - deluded to the point I wonder if they’re playing the same game).

    it seems there is a big gap between what a high tier killer and lower tier killer can do when balancingX I wonder if the game had extra objectives for survivor to compensate? So for example, a killer with less pressure ability can have baked-in extra objectives for the survivors such as finding parts to Gen around the map (can encourage ‘item search’ perks) that need to be collected and paired with others before even working on a Gen etc?

    I’m sure every idea will have a potential to be abused or a counter etc but I’m interested in ideas to keep the game going. I’m afraid that at the current level of nerfs, as fair or not as they may be for whatever point of view and level applied, will alienate and eventually remove players like me because we can’t “get good” and our other dimensions of play aren’t viable. I like this game too much and have made some amazing friends who are also of a similar mindset and (low) ability.

  • @HugTechLover sorry the above post was supposed to be for you too

  • I'm going a bit back in this thread, but the argument was brought up whether a college team could beat a pro team out of a thousand matches.

    It depends on the sport, but generally speaking, absolutely. In many sports considerably more than 1 out of a 1000 times.

    There are 3 elements to consider:

    Statistics: A pro team is going to statistically be much better than a college team across seasons, but that doesn't mean each team plays their average. Take basketball and 3 pointers - if a college team and pro team meet a 1000 times eventually you will have a game where the pro team randomly hits well below their average while the college team hits way above their average.

    Luck: Lots of games have elements of random chance. With sports an example could be weather, eventually something will happen that is bad for one team and good for the other (one team better prepared to play in snow for example). This is particularly notable because DbD has tons of random elements.

    Human fallibility: As human beings we make mistakes. In addition to that sometimes things just go against a person outside the control, even the best mess up.

    I think this what makes a 1,000 kill streak stand out so much. Lots of people like to point out how much of DbD comes down to luck and setup (which I think is true). In a game with a high level of variance you would expect upsets to occur with relative frequency (as they do in most sports), but we don't. We see win streaks.

    I'm not here to say - here's how to fix this issue, just that the numbers really make it look like there is an issue.

  • The answer is simple. BHVR let MMR work. I have said it many times. A 1000 win streak usually has to be the highest rating. But in reality, it matches mostly boring survivors. Shouldn't the best killers be matched with the best survivors? Is it wrong? Game balance needs to be adjusted after MMR works.

  • @birdnippies said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3409599#Comment_3409599

    I don't understand what you hope to support with that reply. It is absolutely incredibly difficult to win 1000 games in a row. It's why people are making a big deal that a guy did it. Video gamers love to act like nothing's impressive, nothing's a big deal. For a decade now I've heard gamers whine about how "people in diamond rank are trash" and other nonsense claims. What percentage of blight mains can win 1000 games in a row? .001%? When something incredibly rare happens that many attempt but very, very few succeed, that's called difficult. It's rare. It's unique in this situation.

    "It's not difficult to win 1000 games in a row if you tunnel and use good perks" is nonsense. It's a nonsense statement. "It's not difficult to hit 100 home runs if you have a good bat".

    You're just trying to crap on someone for his achievement. You don't get extra internet points for pushing others down just to try to make yourself look taller.

    If you hold the streak high, that’s awesome. I do not, like many others. 250 or 500 wins without hard tunneling holds more merit in my eyes than a 1,000 winstreak hard tunneling somebody out every game.

    Especially having a winstreak a bit ago using old eruption, CoB, Pain res, overcharge… c’mon dawg. I’m not buying into that. Any good killer main knows how easy games can be when you use the full meta and tunnel. It’s laughable. Now you throw in an S tier killer and as somebody said above, “it’s like bullying a box of kittens”.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410394#Comment_3410394

    What’s your evidence? There’s lots of examples of good survivors holding their own against both and winning.

    A thousand game winning streak isn't exactly backing that statement up.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410620#Comment_3410620

    I don’t agree. Even if the college team overperforms and the pro team underperforms, the gap is naturally far too big. Even besides actual performance, there are many other factors that a pro team would trounce college teams in, like endurance, overall game knowledge, height, etc. A pro team could realistically run a college team ragged or never let them actually manage almost anything with the ball for the rare occasion they manage to actually get a hold of it/start off with it. Also, by nature of what pro teams are, they have far more experience and knowledge and total games played, they’re also going to be the ones more used to less optimal circumstances, the college team probably isn’t. Also, even with making mistakes, the difference in level for a college team and a pro team is realistically insurmountable. Pro players will make far less mistakes than a college player ever will, and will also take far better advantage of any mistake because that’s what they’ve literally received professional training to do and are good enough to have made it to a professional setting as compared to the college player that hasn’t.

    It's an academic question, though the only real example I can find that comes close is the college all star game (American Football 1934 - 1976) when a team of college all stars would play the winners of the NFL. College players won roughly 1 in 5 (0.238 percent).

  • Killers need nerfs across the board. But yea, some of the newer ones are pretty outrageous.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410729#Comment_3410729

    I’m not aware enough on the specifics of those matches, but that sounds more like a show match or an honorary thing. Wouldn’t exactly be a show for anyone if the NFL team just stomps them.

    Maybe, but there were blowouts among the games. You could argue that the pros didn't play as seriously because it being an exhibition, but could also say that the college players were at a disadvantage because they were an assembled team while the pros knew how to work together.

    There are a few examples of American baseball teams losing to college teams, but that usually occurs in spring training when the pros are warming up.

    The closest other example I could think of is tennis where you'll see players at the very top lose to unknowns on occasion, though in that case everyone is a pro.

  • Why am I seeing some of the same people who complain daily about how strong survivors are and how the game is basically unplayable for killer justify this streak with "you shouldn't win against better players than you"

    Shouldn't that apply to them too?¿?

    FB_IMG_1680080606535.jpg


  • You really can tell this community is very casual and unused to (truly) competitive PvP games when a 1k winstreak on killer shocks them this much.

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410466#Comment_3410466

    The problem is people misusing it and acting like it means the character is OP.

    You don't think blight is overpowered? I am awful at blight and very good at doctor and I still win almost the same amount of games. He is incredibly powerful with addons that do way too much.

  • @For_The_People said:

    @Reinami @Huge_Bush hi, I am a survivor main (about 1,000 hours on Nintendo switch) and probably by any metric would fit into the mediocre-at best with comical levels of looping ability. Not purely for bias reasons, but a combination of the fact that I’m ABSOLUTELY horrible at First person view games + also a terrible loner so would not have the heart to be a killer. However I like to read the forum and take different points of views. My initial thoughts as someone who pretty much gets stomped 8 or 9 out of 10 matches is to feel utter dismay at posts where suggestions of further nerfs to survivors are made.

    I have come to understand the more subtle nuances especially at different levels of play however so it generally leaves me feeling quite helpless. The truth is I should ‘get good’ but I’m not sure I have it in me to become a Better looper if even after 1k hours I get downed in seconds of caught. My usual method of survival is to add value to my team in different ways (support perks, healing etc that make me an extended pair of hands for other more competent players).

    Reading a lot killer main opinions like yours, although I still don’t always agree I find them to at least be based on reasonable arguments (as opposed to some killer main posts that are so unbiased and - at least to me - deluded to the point I wonder if they’re playing the same game).

    it seems there is a big gap between what a high tier killer and lower tier killer can do when balancingX I wonder if the game had extra objectives for survivor to compensate? So for example, a killer with less pressure ability can have baked-in extra objectives for the survivors such as finding parts to Gen around the map (can encourage ‘item search’ perks) that need to be collected and paired with others before even working on a Gen etc?

    I’m sure every idea will have a potential to be abused or a counter etc but I’m interested in ideas to keep the game going. I’m afraid that at the current level of nerfs, as fair or not as they may be for whatever point of view and level applied, will alienate and eventually remove players like me because we can’t “get good” and our other dimensions of play aren’t viable. I like this game too much and have made some amazing friends who are also of a similar mindset and (low) ability.

    In general this is actually the case with several killers. For example pig has the traps, pinhead has the box, wesker and nemesis have infection etc. But i would worry that this would make killers all feel too "samey" in that way. I think what they really need is a killer to anchor balance around. The sad part is, they had it. Although i haven't tried him since the changes last patch, old hillbilly used to be this. His power was good, but not too good. His mobility was good, but not too good, his downing ability was good, but not too good. The only real issue he had was the insa-saw addons, but instead they gutted him.


    If you look at traditionally very balanced games you'll see that when they have multiple characters, let's say a fighting game like street fighter. They pick a character to anchor their balance around. They design this character to be in the absolute middle of the pack in terms of balance. Then they basically inch everyone else as close to that as possible. They look at the bottom characters and know those ones need a buff and the top ones and that those need a nerf.


    I don't disagree with the idea that nurse and blight and probably spirit need to be dealt with, just as i think trapper, and sadako, and freddy and so on need some love as well. At the same time, the balance needs to be addressed in a way that is most feasible. And i still think that is nerfing some of the insane loops that can spawn rather than trying to go and buff 80% of the killers. Better and easier to nerf the broken ones, and then tone down the power of survivors.

  • @I_CAME said:

    You can check Otz's twitter if you are skeptical and want to verify. Do you think Blight should be nerfed? Thoughts? Is there a justifiable reason for why any killer should be this powerful? 1000 wins in a row just seems a bit ridiculous and difficult to defend. Even the great Magnus Carlsen never won more than 125 chess matches in a row.

    and yes I am going to keep crying about this busted killer until he is finally nerfed.

    blight isnt overpowered. the streamer, momo, is one of the best blights in the world, and is also a comp player with thousands of hours ans dozens of tournament wins. the only thing the streak 'proves' is that casual players arent coordinated enough to beat a comp player, which is fine.

  • 1000 wins is really impressive. But let's say he won 500 games in a row, lose game# 501 and than won game#502-1000: No one would care, but that's still a 99,9% winrate. I started watching Momo when he was around 450, the amount DCs, Survs giving up or killing themselves on 1st hook was even more impressive

  • I've seen only one about average blight on console but all other dozens I've seen have been incredibly bad even those with with P100 on him. I quess we should just let survivors bully console blight? I usually loop them all 5 gens.

  • it isn't a streak unless you get 4k's each match.

    People know that's not possible which is why survivors escaping through a hatch doesn't count as a loss. There is no possible way you can get a legit streak in DBD which is why balancing killers around it doesn't make sense.


  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410466#Comment_3410466

    If you hold the streak high, that’s awesome. I do not, like many others. 250 or 500 wins without hard tunneling holds more merit in my eyes than a 1,000 winstreak hard tunneling somebody out every game.

    Especially having a winstreak a bit ago using old eruption, CoB, Pain res, overcharge… c’mon dawg. I’m not buying into that. Any good killer main knows how easy games can be when you use the full meta and tunnel. It’s laughable. Now you throw in an S tier killer and as somebody said above, “it’s like bullying a box of kittens”.

    It's a bit outstanding how everyone is basically being deflected from the actual issue with this winstreak. I had heard most games he played he didn't even use blights super cracked add-ons. But I did hear that every single game he played he actively decided to hard tunnel the first survivor out. Yes, the fact he's playing blight plays into making tunneling easier, but all these people are so hard focused on nerfing blights add-ons that they don't see that he is literally going to continue to play the way he does and still win even if he does get his add-ons nerfed because all he does is tunnel and (camp?).

    It's ridiculous how many people I see advocating for blight getting nerfed from this event when nobody is talking about how 1 particular playstyle got him this far to begin with. Stop ignoring the actual issue at hand and acknowledge that tunneling and camping are still as broken as ever and basekit borrowed time did absolutely nothing to stop that, especially against killers like blight who can just hit the survivor off hook and dash at them to hit them again. That is NOT a problem with his add-ons, that's a problem with tunneling and camping. I have zero respect for someone who takes advantage of a known, broken playstyle that is borderline impossible to beat. I'm not saying he's a bad blight, but it is entirely unnecessary to play that way. All for what? A win streak for some internet points? The fact he's at 1000 wins in a row PROVES that all these people who always talk about how "Easy" it is to beat campers and tunnelers just huff mad copium. Maybe with another killer it's easier yeah, but nerfing his add-ons won't do anything about this, so then what? Get rid of his mobility?

  • @Random_Depip said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410643#Comment_3410643

    It's a bit outstanding how everyone is basically being deflected from the actual issue with this winstreak. I had heard most games he played he didn't even use blights super cracked add-ons. But I did hear that every single game he played he actively decided to hard tunnel the first survivor out. Yes, the fact he's playing blight plays into making tunneling easier, but all these people are so hard focused on nerfing blights add-ons that they don't see that he is literally going to continue to play the way he does and still win even if he does get his add-ons nerfed because all he does is tunnel and (camp?).

    It's ridiculous how many people I see advocating for blight getting nerfed from this event when nobody is talking about how 1 particular playstyle got him this far to begin with. Stop ignoring the actual issue at hand and acknowledge that tunneling and camping are still as broken as ever and basekit borrowed time did absolutely nothing to stop that, especially against killers like blight who can just hit the survivor off hook and dash at them to hit them again. That is NOT a problem with his add-ons, that's a problem with tunneling and camping. I have zero respect for someone who takes advantage of a known, broken playstyle that is borderline impossible to beat. I'm not saying he's a bad blight, but it is entirely unnecessary to play that way. All for what? A win streak for some internet points? The fact he's at 1000 wins in a row PROVES that all these people who always talk about how "Easy" it is to beat campers and tunnelers just huff mad copium. Maybe with another killer it's easier yeah, but nerfing his add-ons won't do anything about this, so then what? Get rid of his mobility?

    Agreed. If you see the first comment of the thread, that’s exactly what I brought up.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3409969#Comment_3409969

    I've seen only one about average blight on console but all other dozens I've seen have been incredibly bad even those with with P100 on him. I quess we should just let survivors bully console blight? I usually loop them all 5 gens.

    Then that's just a bad Blight

    Them being on console has little to nothing to do with it

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3411212#Comment_3411212

    Agreed. If you see the first comment of the thread, that’s exactly what I brought up.

    Yep! I'm just adding on to it.

  • So if another person did this with another Killer what would be said...

    Would people be trying to discount it by saying- "Tunneling means no skill"

    Or

    Would people be trying to hype it up by saying- "this is what I'm talking about"

  • What this streak is speaking to is the imbalance of the game on a fundamental level.

    Hypothetically, an absolute god of gaming could take each killer and play them to the absolute limits of their design, and they'd find wildly different levels of success with each one.

    No matter what you do, how skilled you are, or how much time you put in game or how absolutely ruthless your tactics, you're not winning 1000 games in a row with the Trapper. You can't tunnel your way to massive win streaks with just any killer; you're limited to varying degrees by their individual design.

    Regardless of the player, only a handful of the killer roster could be used to that much effect.

    Now of course there are very few who could use even the Blight well enough to win 1K games in a row, for sure. But make no mistake, no one is winning 1K games in a row with any killer outside of maybe 3-4.

    For most players in DBD, the limits of design aren't being pushed. Like cars on the highway, most of the traffic in DBD is moving at a similar pace, either being limited by the traffic around them, or not being pushed. But killers like Blight/Nurse are like F1 racecars in a field of consumer cars: in the hands of a proper driver, they're simply capable of much greater things than the other cars on the road.

    Not just any driver can effectively drive an F1 car, but those who can have a massive advantage. And even the world's best driver isn't going to drive a Toyota Camry to victory over a racecar, even being driven by lesser drivers.

    So the end of the day, player skill in DBD is probably only the second or third most important variable in determining outcome (for killer or survivor). This is a difficult pill to swallow for those who think they're just constantly outplaying their competition, but it's true.

    The discussion about tunneling and the discussion about imbalanced killer design can be mutually exclusive.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3409841#Comment_3409841

    My opinion is quite simple.

    If the devs want this to be a competitive game where esports potentially is a thing, tournaments, ranking systems that matter etc. Then obviously you need to balance around the best of the best players.

    If the devs want this game to be a casual "goof around with friends a bit" party game, then you balance around average players.

    The biggest problem is DBD seems like it does neither. They obviously don't balance around top level players or 1k win streaks would never be possible. And they don't balance around the "goof around with your friends" because there is so much toxic ######### that you can do in this game "AS BOTH SIDES" that make the game super unfun for other people. Additionally, often times, the most effective way to WIN the game, is to actually play in the least fun way possible. If this was a party game, they would figure out what is fun and double down on that.

    I personally am biased towards the top of the top players for several reasons:

    1. If the game is not balanced around the capabilities of the highest level players, then the high level players will bully the low level players (even with matchmaking) and eventually the game will die off.
    2. If the game is unbalanced at the highest level, there is nothing to strive for, and the game will eventually die off. It may take a long time, but it will happen. Imagine if chess was balanced in way that, at the lowest levels of play, the game is balanced 50/50, but at the highest level, white wins 70% of the games. Do you think chess would be as big of a deal today still?
    3. The top players are able to push the game to the limits, and often times beyond. Allowing you to see what is possible, making it actually easier to make balance decisions with them in mind.

    That isn't to say that you completely IGNORE the low level players. But i say, you balance FOR and AROUND the high level players, while keeping in mind low level players exist. I think this video sums it up very well IMO when talking about TF2 and the" BASE JUMPER" item:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1p42KtZOCw&t=203s

    The whole video is a good watch, but the timestamped bit shows exactly what i'm talking about.

    For example, in DBD:

    • Look at some of the crazy, jungle gym, into crazy main building with multiple god pallets and god windows, into killer shack, into another jungle gym, loops that good survivors can use to waste several minutes of a killers time, meanwhile the rest of their team is doing all the gens. It is so bad on some maps that you literally just don't chase survivors around entire sections of a map because doing so would mean you automatically lose.
    • But now look at low level players, they predrop god pallets, wasting them, then get hit through them anyway.
    • What if we nerfed those god loops and crazy main buildings? Is that going to actually hurt low level players? Not really, because they aren't abusing those structures to their fullest potential anyway.

    The types of changes they keep making are things that actually hurt low level players, or buff top tier survivors like the healing changes, when there are obviously plenty of things they can do to make the game more fair for all skill levels. Camping is another thing they could address. It really only works against low level and solo queue survivors because they can't communicate and deal with it. But the SWF kill squads don't really care. So why not remove camping as a strategy because you are only going to be helping low level players, and you won't really be hurting top tier killers because they aren't getting much use out of it anyway.

    The game is actually decently balanced at high-level tournament play when using tournament rules. What people are missing is that this isn't just some Twitch streamer. Momo is on competitive player and one of the best killers in the world. His win streak was against normies. Any killer player in Momo's skill tier could probably get a 1000-game win streak with pretty much any killer if they were playing every game to win. The win streak doesn't really point to the game being unbalanced as much as it does that the matchmaking isn't great to begin with and isn't going to work at all for someone that's so far above the player base skill-wise.

    Also, competitive survivors rarely queue in public games as a foursome with the intent of doing everything they can to win. If you're a comp killer, the chances of getting matched into a game with survivors that will put up a fight is basically zero.

    If Ja Morant randomly went from random court to random court challenging whoever to a game of 1 on 1, he could probably win 1000 in a row too.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410466#Comment_3410466

    If you hold the streak high, that’s awesome. I do not, like many others. 250 or 500 wins without hard tunneling holds more merit in my eyes than a 1,000 winstreak hard tunneling somebody out every game.

    Especially having a winstreak a bit ago using old eruption, CoB, Pain res, overcharge… c’mon dawg. I’m not buying into that. Any good killer main knows how easy games can be when you use the full meta and tunnel. It’s laughable. Now you throw in an S tier killer and as somebody said above, “it’s like bullying a box of kittens”.

    Is kitten bully the next killer? If you know something you have to tell us!

  • @SeaFlower said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3411266#Comment_3411266

    Blight isn’t a problem though. And yeah, you probably won’t get 1000 wins in a row with Trapper even if you have the world’s best players pilot them. But you’ll still get an unbelievably high amount of wins in a row regardless. Different killers have different potential strengths, that’s not a bad thing.

    If you have comp killers trying to win every game, they absolutely have a great shot of getting to 1000 with Trapper.

    Unless they're getting stream sniped, there's almost zero chance of ever going against a team that's close to their level. Even streamers like OTZ or Tofu could probably get to 1000 wins if they were playing every game to win no matter what, and they're nowhere near the skill level of the comp killers.

  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3409864#Comment_3409864

    The game is actually decently balanced at high-level tournament play when using tournament rules. What people are missing is that this isn't just some Twitch streamer. Momo is on competitive player and one of the best killers in the world. His win streak was against normies. Any killer player in Momo's skill tier could probably get a 1000-game win streak with pretty much any killer if they were playing every game to win. The win streak doesn't really point to the game being unbalanced as much as it does that the matchmaking isn't great to begin with and isn't going to work at all for someone that's so far above the player base skill-wise.

    Also, competitive survivors rarely queue in public games as a foursome with the intent of doing everything they can to win. If you're a comp killer, the chances of getting matched into a game with survivors that will put up a fight is basically zero.

    If Ja Morant randomly went from random court to random court challenging whoever to a game of 1 on 1, he could probably win 1000 in a row too.

    "When using tournament rules"


    And therein lies the problem. In order for the game to be balanced tournaments have to institute rules outside of the actual game, like restrictions on items/addons/kits etc. Meanwhile, nothing is stopping a tournament playing from entering the standard queue and ruining the game for everyone else.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3411268#Comment_3411268

    "When using tournament rules"

    And therein lies the problem. In order for the game to be balanced tournaments have to institute rules outside of the actual game, like restrictions on items/addons/kits etc. Meanwhile, nothing is stopping a tournament playing from entering the standard queue and ruining the game for everyone else.

    It's not a problem though. 99.9% of players aren't playing the game with a comp mindset. The tournament rules are aimed at a tournament setting and make the game significantly less fun to play.

    DBD is actually in a pretty good place balance wide. It's an impossible task to balance an asymmetrical game with over 30 different killers. A competent team of survivors versus a competent killer of a similar skill level will usually lead to en enjoyable game. The two biggest problems are that matchmaking is setup to get you in a game as soon as possible and only kind of trying to match you with players of a similar skill level and that a lot of survivor players don't know what they should be doing in the game. Way too many survivors play with the mentality that as soon as someone is hooked, the best course of action is to stop doing gens and rush to the hook, even when that's what the other three are doing as well.

  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3411362#Comment_3411362

    It's not a problem though. 99.9% of players aren't playing the game with a comp mindset. The tournament rules are aimed at a tournament setting and make the game significantly less fun to play.

    DBD is actually in a pretty good place balance wide. It's an impossible task to balance an asymmetrical game with over 30 different killers. A competent team of survivors versus a competent killer of a similar skill level will usually lead to en enjoyable game. The two biggest problems are that matchmaking is setup to get you in a game as soon as possible and only kind of trying to match you with players of a similar skill level and that a lot of survivor players don't know what they should be doing in the game. Way too many survivors play with the mentality that as soon as someone is hooked, the best course of action is to stop doing gens and rush to the hook, even when that's what the other three are doing as well.

    But when those 0.01% of players play with us regulars, it isn't fair, because the game is balanced in a way that is unfair. If this is the case then these people should not be allowed to play in regular queue without these same restrictions they place on tournaments.


    Additionally, nobody has commented on what i said. Which is, why can't we nerf the insanely ridiculous god loops that can spawn on certain maps? Low level survivors aren't using those loops at the level that high level survivors can, so nerfing those loops won't hurt them, because they cant use the loops that way anyway. All it does is hurt the high level survivors. Can we at least agree on that?

1 2 3 4