Bleeding in the ground for 4 minutes is fun and interactive gameplay

Just wanted to take this off my chest. I was playing survivor and had this epiphany, and had a great time bleeding and watching my team bleed till death as the devs intended to. I even had time to say "Hi" to some old friends on Instagram.

Comments

  • Slugging is part of the game, and so is tunneling, camping, SWF’s, teabagging, etcetc

    Are they fair and fun? Nope.

    But if the playing field was balanced, killers wouldn’t need to slug, tunnel or camp.

    Sure some of it is skill but they are symptoms of a greater problem.

  • I don't know why people are comparing slugging with exit gates

    Can you force people to live? Yes

    Can you force a killer to hook you? No

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421014#Comment_3421014

    Oni -> it stops his power, which can be big deal unless you know about some big blood pool.

    Plague, Dredge and Myers basically waste part of their power instead trying to get maximum value from it.

    Cenobite if someone got cube.

    Hag if someone triggered her trap.

    Twins get 4 second stun for each down with Victor, it's way more effective trying to slug and get Victor on someone before going for hook.

    Ghost face doesn't really have to slug, unless he screwed it and triggered expose status on multiple survivors, but that's missplay.

    It would kill an avenue of BM? not really, If I want to BM, I am going to do it anyway.

    Killer can just kill everyone else and watch single survivor bleed out. I have done same thing to survivors who were abusing boil over before nerf, or bug where they were stuck next to wall and I couldn't pick up. They teammates try to save them? So what when I can insta down them again. It's same thing for basekit UB.

    It wouldn't stop BM, it would only buff survivors a lot.

    Only situation where this would be acceptable change is if you remove every perk that makes it faster, so it's not variable, but constant time, which you can play around.

    For about half those Killers that is the only counterplay against their power beyond "don't let them use it" which is the same as saying don't play against those Killers. Even then, as I laid out in the Oni example, it is easy as Killer to keep the 45s in your mind and return before a basekit self-pickup can happen, especially since most of the powers give an easy indicator to gauge 45s. (Plague/Myers/Dredge 1 minute is 3/4 of the bar, Oni is the entire power, Cenobite and Hag are the only times you can safely interact with their power as Surv, and nobody like Twins on both sides for this very reason.) The majority of the Killers you mentioned were in the top 10 in terms of effectiveness, so it isn't like we are kicking a Trapper/Clown while they are down. Also with Myers he still has 1 hit downs while carrying, so that scares people off from saves or allows for preventing bodyblocks on hooks.

    Massive buff to Survs - There is no (realistic) world where this would buff Survivors by "a lot". Maybe a teeny bit (1-2% kill rates at most), but not a massive sweeping change that would impact normal gameplay.

    Perks - Also as I detailed in the previous post when they adjusted the perks, they stayed the same or were nerfed because they weren't proportionately buffed. Even then, in the playtest numbers there were only 2 normal numbers to worry about, UB/Expo 22.5s, and basekit 45s. No Mither... well if you're worried about the No Mither pickup timing, you have greater problems in this game. Once someone picks themself up at half the time then you can know to not slug them, and the problem solves itself.

    The only reason to remove these pickup speed boosts is if we should remove all timer changes, from coop gen slowdown to Monstrous Shrine hook timers to gen regression perks to Botany/Desperate Measures heal speed changes to everything else. If you want to do that, then just play customs where no one brings perks.

  • @Yoshirama said:

    I don't know why people are comparing slugging with exit gates

    Can you force people to live? Yes

    Can you force a killer to hook you? No

    You can force a killer to hook you, just take no mither.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421149#Comment_3421149

    For about half those Killers that is the only counterplay against their power beyond "don't let them use it" which is the same as saying don't play against those Killers. Even then, as I laid out in the Oni example, it is easy as Killer to keep the 45s in your mind and return before a basekit self-pickup can happen, especially since most of the powers give an easy indicator to gauge 45s. (Plague/Myers/Dredge 1 minute is 3/4 of the bar, Oni is the entire power, Cenobite and Hag are the only times you can safely interact with their power as Surv, and nobody like Twins on both sides for this very reason.) The majority of the Killers you mentioned were in the top 10 in terms of effectiveness, so it isn't like we are kicking a Trapper/Clown while they are down. Also with Myers he still has 1 hit downs while carrying, so that scares people off from saves or allows for preventing bodyblocks on hooks.

    Massive buff to Survs - There is no (realistic) world where this would buff Survivors by "a lot". Maybe a teeny bit (1-2% kill rates at most), but not a massive sweeping change that would impact normal gameplay.

    Perks - Also as I detailed in the previous post when they adjusted the perks, they stayed the same or were nerfed because they weren't proportionately buffed. Even then, in the playtest numbers there were only 2 normal numbers to worry about, UB/Expo 22.5s, and basekit 45s. No Mither... well if you're worried about the No Mither pickup timing, you have greater problems in this game. Once someone picks themself up at half the time then you can know to not slug them, and the problem solves itself.

    The only reason to remove these pickup speed boosts is if we should remove all timer changes, from coop gen slowdown to Monstrous Shrine hook timers to gen regression perks to Botany/Desperate Measures heal speed changes to everything else. If you want to do that, then just play customs where no one brings perks.

    I guess people just want to see more tunneling...

    It's amazing that anyone would want to implement such strong mechanic, just because of some killers BM.

    So same to you, if you don't like this "BM". Just go play custom, where you can agree on not slugging :)

  • @Anti051 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410168#Comment_3410168

    So what's a killer supposed to do in early game, just suffer 2 or 3 gens popping while going for hooks like a good little punching bag?

    Don't think so, bub. Your gen-rushing butts are getting controlled before hooking starts.

    And cut all this noise trying to talk about "you're bad if you do what beats me," like #########...

    Maybe get better at the game instead of blaming us for gen rushing. That's literally the whole point of the game for survivors. If you can down survivors faster we can't gen rush.


  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3421468#Comment_3421468

    I guess people just want to see more tunneling...

    It's amazing that anyone would want to implement such strong mechanic, just because of some killers BM.

    So same to you, if you don't like this "BM". Just go play custom, where you can agree on not slugging :)

    I listed astoundingly easy counters to every possible scenario brought up, but it still is a "such strong mechanic". Ok sure /s. I don't see this as a strong mechanic at all due to the plethora of counters available. Greater than 90% of downs are met with an immediate pickup or pallet kick first. Then to double down on intentional BM you would imply people would just tunnel on purpose to ruin people's experience since they couldn't slug them anymore to do so. Nothing about slugging being 'deleted', (which a 45s basekit self-pickup doesn't even go that far) would 'require' tunneling. It appears you are arguing from a 'I see this as a nerf to me specifically' standpoint, and not able to distance yourself from the theoretical. The vast majority of cases this would fix a problem, and the only matches that would be significantly impacted are the ones that matter the least, 'comp matches'.

    Removing bad things isn't bad. Wanting to keep bad things is bad. I don't defend Garden of Pain or Borgo, I think they are horrendous maps. (To be fair you can Bloodlust a lot of those pallets easy enough, so it isn't as unplayable as people make it out to be, but still miserable and in need of fixing imo.) Those maps should be fixed just as slugging should be fixed. The lows for everyone's experience should be minimized, especially when it can be done without impacting the vast majority of circumstances.

  • @Kirarozu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3410189#Comment_3410189

    No. Maybe you should just get better. I see plenty of killers get 4Ks without slugging or tunneling. You're never going to get better if you only slug or tunnel. Sometimes survivors are better than you. Its ok. Also. theres nothing wrong with them getting hatch either. It's a part of the game. Stop trying to circumvent it. You got a 3k already... why do you have to force the 4k? The killer almost always finds the hatch first anyway. You can walk around uninhibited where I as a survivor must sneak and look for it.

    I want the 4K that’s why

  • Killer get less points if surv will bleed out.

    But i think that full slugging should not be possible. BK unbrekable IF all living survs are downed, shloud be a thing.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3422023#Comment_3422023

    I listed astoundingly easy counters to every possible scenario brought up, but it still is a "such strong mechanic". Ok sure /s. I don't see this as a strong mechanic at all due to the plethora of counters available. Greater than 90% of downs are met with an immediate pickup or pallet kick first. Then to double down on intentional BM you would imply people would just tunnel on purpose to ruin people's experience since they couldn't slug them anymore to do so. Nothing about slugging being 'deleted', (which a 45s basekit self-pickup doesn't even go that far) would 'require' tunneling. It appears you are arguing from a 'I see this as a nerf to me specifically' standpoint, and not able to distance yourself from the theoretical. The vast majority of cases this would fix a problem, and the only matches that would be significantly impacted are the ones that matter the least, 'comp matches'.

    Removing bad things isn't bad. Wanting to keep bad things is bad. I don't defend Garden of Pain or Borgo, I think they are horrendous maps. (To be fair you can Bloodlust a lot of those pallets easy enough, so it isn't as unplayable as people make it out to be, but still miserable and in need of fixing imo.) Those maps should be fixed just as slugging should be fixed. The lows for everyone's experience should be minimized, especially when it can be done without impacting the vast majority of circumstances.

    It's not strong mechanic?

    It allows survivors to ignore slugging. Survivor got downed and wasn't hook? I don't care, I can just keep working on my gen.

    This removes slugging not really because killer won't be able to go back and pick up, but it will create 0 pressure if survivors have infinite UB.

    Slugging is currently good way to create pressure. It should be used. Some killers need to use it.

    Full BM slugging is rare, I have played against that once (this tome). It's not some super popular mechanic.

    If you see it often, then it's probably you, pissing off the killer. There are things survivors can do, where only answer is to let them bleed out. If you do that, then you will get bleed out. Nothing new.


    Thing about tunneling was that if I downed someone dead on hook early, I just slug him and chase someone else. It would be better to kill him, but slugging gives some pressure. If you remove that, what else to do? Kill him.

    Camping was nerfed, you want to remove slugging, 3-gen was nerfed. If you keep nerfing everything, you will see only tunneling. Hit&Run got back, but it's possible for only few killers.

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3422375#Comment_3422375

    It's not strong mechanic?

    It allows survivors to ignore slugging. Survivor got downed and wasn't hook? I don't care, I can just keep working on my gen.

    This removes slugging not really because killer won't be able to go back and pick up, but it will create 0 pressure if survivors have infinite UB.

    Slugging is currently good way to create pressure. It should be used. Some killers need to use it.

    Full BM slugging is rare, I have played against that once (this tome). It's not some super popular mechanic.

    If you see it often, then it's probably you, pissing off the killer. There are things survivors can do, where only answer is to let them bleed out. If you do that, then you will get bleed out. Nothing new.

    Thing about tunneling was that if I downed someone dead on hook early, I just slug him and chase someone else. It would be better to kill him, but slugging gives some pressure. If you remove that, what else to do? Kill him.

    Camping was nerfed, you want to remove slugging, 3-gen was nerfed. If you keep nerfing everything, you will see only tunneling. Hit&Run got back, but it's possible for only few killers.

    Ignore Slugging - Only after 45s, until then it still is a threat. 45s of soft pressure is more than enough to get them on hook and start the real pressure. BM involving slugging (in excess of 45s) is far more annoying/time consuming that the loss of slugging for allied pickup pressure. In more cases than not, if a Killer needed to slug for anti-gen pressure, they could down that person quick enough that the 45s of 3 people on gens would be enough.

    See it often - Sadly it happens most with Blight and Nurse players when we (the Survivor team, soloq or SWF) gasp completed 1 gen so they couldn't get a 5 gen victory. That is more of a flaw of OP killers drawing the lowest of the low for their single-player power-fantasies than anything though. Although I also got BMed by a Nemesis because the 4th Surv never connected and DCed on first hook after a zombie downed them. Also a Pinhead trapped a Surv because he could, but the latter didn't involve slugging.

    Playstyles nerfed/buffed - Camping was buffed, idk what you are talking about. Reassurance and Camaraderie are the only counters to camping, and both have massive flaws. (Reassurance needs you to be nearly adjacent, and Camaraderie only works on death hook.) I do want camping/slugging/tunneling to be hard nerfed, and spreading hooks to be buffed. I detailed (in a series of discussions) a system to give Devour Hope styled speed boost to leave hooks (without using power), prevent hiding perks from working when you are hooked less than all other Survs, and unlock Moris basekit if you death hook each Survivor before killing any of them (with bonus Sacrifice BP to boot). I want things that scare off new players to be gone for both roles. Most of the Killer player complaints on the forums warrant the response 'git gud', but I was able to 'git gud' with the crutch of pre 6.1.0 Pop+Tinker, so I could learn all the basics as a bunch of Killers. Without those same 'training wheels' I don't know what people have to use to comfortably 'git gud' now. As a result the Harry Potter esque "Why is it, when something happens, it is always you three?" of Camping/Tunneling/Slugging are used as those 'training wheels'. When the system to practice to get better is also the same systems on the opposite side that drive people away from the game, there will be a perpetual cycle of learning players scaring off other learning players. That is what I want to get rid of ultimately.

  • Then earn it. The killer almost always finds the hatch first anyway because you can walk freely and survivors cant.

  • @Mercês said:

    Just wanted to take this off my chest. I was playing survivor and had this epiphany, and had a great time bleeding and watching my team bleed till death as the devs intended to. I even had time to say "Hi" to some old friends on Instagram.

    Unbreakable...

1 2 ›