SWF lobby indicator when ?

I just wanna to see who I'm queuing against as a Killer AND solo survivor to dodge toxic parties.

Comments

  • Never? They would have to remove an option to leave lobby first...

  • I wouldn’t mind some indicator in the end game screen, so that killer mains can finally see that they may destroy SWFs and may get destroyed by SoloQ survs just the same..

  • @Lanz said:

    I just wanna to see who I'm queuing against as a Killer AND solo survivor to dodge toxic parties.

    About at same time that survivors get indicator which killer are they facing. For exactly the same reasons... Never

  • SWF indication should be on the tally screen.

  • @Lanz said:

    I just wanna to see who I'm queuing against as a Killer AND solo survivor to dodge toxic parties.

    Unlikely to ever happen, at least not pre-game. I have no problem with it in the tally screen myself. But pre-game all killers would dodge each and every three- and four-man groups completely. Those would never ever ever get a match. I also believe most would dodge far too many two-mans as well, and at least half of all survs are in at minimum a two-man. All of this would lead to nightmare lobby times all around.

    It would be better to look into and address any issues with SWF then dodging them into a new and different incarnation.

  • @Lanz said:

    I just wanna to see who I'm queuing against as a Killer AND solo survivor to dodge toxic parties.

    To a degree you can do this already.


    Sometimes I dodge until I find a lobby where I know people are solo. Games are a lot more fair when there is at most a single SWF of 2x players.

  • @Veroles said:

    • A lot killer wanna have easy mode and only wanna play against uncoordinated enemies (soloqueue) when they have the freeness to decide to play against solo players or swf they of course choose solo queue, at least around 90% of killers would do
    • A huge amount of players also just wanna stomp and feel like the big boss and this system would invite to make that happen almost every round, what would punish solo queue players even more
    • Depending on how many killers and survivors are in queue it also can affect the queuetimes of SWF's heavily when around 10-20 killer dodge before a match even starts. Besides, the risk is pretty high that they will face a nurse or blight almost every round what makes the experience itself pretty boring
    • Removing the "Leave Lobby" button would also make no sense, because people can close the game to avoid a match getting started, and there the intention of the topic creator is to dodge certain lobbies the remove of this button would just fail the concept anyway

    Does not make sense in any way.

    I personally think the possibility of last second character/ loadout changes are the core problem of that what people describe as "toxic swf" because they last second switch on 4 flashlights or what ever. They should simply lock character changes at 15 seconds before the match starts so the killer has time to decide if playing against this loadout makes sense or not.

    Or - don't show any items to killer so that it's fair for survivors - they don't see killer or his addons anyway

  • @Veroles said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3397368#Comment_3397368

    I would be fine testing it, but i am the opinion a lot of games would be pretty unplayable, when the killer would not have the chance to prepare the loadout wisely, or to decide, if it makes sense to play the round at all or not. 

    I at least dodge every lobby with 4 toolboxes, because i do not see much sense playing a match against hardcore genrushers. When i would know those are pure sabo boxes i would play it, but you can not see a difference between sabo and repair boxes and also they can use them for both actions anyway. The risk to end in a "time waste" match is just a way too high for me. Especially when you play a killer which can not have fast downs in short time to build up enough pressure.

    Flashlights i don't care at all i have no real problem to deal with this kind of players also when i see 4 flashlights because they are mostly pretty inefficient and just wanna fool around.

    Toolboxes are pretty strong, but only if they are stacked. The downside is, that people carrying them are much more vulnerable usually (but sure, the game is too short for it to really matter).

    The problem is, that the other side can do the same. Take C33+alch ring blight, or MDR+amulet spirit. This game does have OP things. It's part of the design. The reason I suspect is, that if somebody got frustrated from a few previous games, that he can have a relief in this way. I don't think it's the best thing ever (especially as some people will bring this stuff every game to the point that they get so much stronger enemies, that even these OP things are no longer enough).


    As for preparing for a loadout... I personally rarely even look at what people carry in a lobby. You don't really need it. The only important think is, if you are willing to accept occasional defeat (because if you are able to counter those 4 flashlights thanks to lightborn, your MMR will only go up to the point you always have to check for it or you are screwed). On the other hand, I basically never bring commodius toolbox with BNP's (but I do bring sabo toolboxes - lately I bring them more often then not). A cheesed win will only hurt me more in a next game where I get MDR spirit, or somebody who has 15K hrs...

  • @Veroles said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3397421#Comment_3397421

    "Toolboxes are pretty strong, but only if they are stacked. The downside is, that people carrying them are much more vulnerable usually (but sure, the game is too short for it to really matter)."

    Yes, like a glass cannon, but sadly those glass cannons are very effective against low mobility/ low map pressure killers, especially combined with a map offering like ormond. Get people who know to play loops correctly on top of it and you say "what a wasted round". :)

    The thing with using OP stuff to compensate their mood caused by earlier played round is in my opinion absolutely true noticeable (Or playing facecamp slap on hook toxic bubba :)). But to be honest, when you are that tilt you should simply do a break, for your own good, and not to try punishing others to play the game just because you have got a #### day.

    Howsoever, would love to test it and how it feels when Killer also is not able to see loadout even i still think it's not a good idea, at least not before the game not loose the amount of stomp potential it has.

    I still think it has much more weight on the survivors swf's site, when survivors would be free taking everything with them every round without killer's notice.

    I generally agree. One thing I disagree with is which side is stronger by it. Both sides IMO have like guaranteed win if they take it just once. And I have seen 4stacked BNP'S loose just as much as loaded spirit or tombstone piece meyers or C33+alch ring blight, etc...

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3397060#Comment_3397060

    Or - don't show any items to killer so that it's fair for survivors - they don't see killer or his addons anyway

    Showing items is fine and intended, there's perks people might want to put on if they're against a bunch of items for example.

    But names, prestige and especially the easy 2 click profile access for stuff like Steam accounts? That should certainly go as it's not relevant to the intentional "killer watching the survivors at the campsite" design.

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3397368#Comment_3397368

    Showing items is fine and intended, there's perks people might want to put on if they're against a bunch of items for example.

    But names, prestige and especially the easy 2 click profile access for stuff like Steam accounts? That should certainly go as it's not relevant to the intentional "killer watching the survivors at the campsite" design.

    It is about as intended, as survivors being able to last second swap. That response was meant at specific response. I see no reason to advantage killer lobby even more (killer already see items for last 5s where nobody can do anything about it, why should survivors be locked out of changes?)

  • Killer is a popular role in North America and Europe, and there are many players who want to play it, so even if you leave the lobby, it will fill up quickly, so why not worry about it?

    By the way, on the Asian server, the BP incentive for Killer play is 100% most of the time except for dawn and daytime on weekdays.so for example, if 4 people have the same skin or all have items, it takes 5 minutes to start the match. 10 minute waits are not uncommon.

  • So SWF never gets matches? Absolutely not.