When are you gonna fix merciless storm? Regresses gens to zero instantly

There’s a bug that regresses the gen to zero instantly when you miss a skill check. It’s already been reported over on the steam forum. Why isn’t this kill switched again until fixed? That’s completely unfair.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Has anyone reported it here by any chance?

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    Has anyone reported it here by any chance?

    It's been reported here on the forums and is acknowledged as a bug in the known issues thread: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/369120/known-issues#latest

    At this point, it just comes down to waiting for the fix. Personally, I do think it wouldn't be a bad idea to disable the perk until it is working correctly since the bug is especially punishing against new players who can't hit the skill checks, but that is ultimately up to the developers. 

  • They should kill switch it. Instantly regressing from 90% to 0% is pretty game breaking.

  • Definitely sounds worthy of a kill switch

  • Absolutely should be killswitched

  • Ok so I’m not crazy. This definitely happened to me and I was like #########. I’m assuming that people know this because I’ve noticed an uptic in its usage as of late.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Ok so I’m not crazy. This definitely happened to me and I was like #########. I’m assuming that people know this because I’ve noticed an uptic in its usage as of late.

    Yup. Once an exploitable bug becomes known, people are gonna exploit the hell out of it until it gets fixed.

  • Yeah i had match yesterday where wraith was using merciless and gens popped instant 50% with that if you failed a skillcheck.

    I've seen many killers use this perk lately and something that takes 50% off with failed skillcheck should be killswitched.

  • Played against a Skull Merchant using it at the weekend. Didn't realise it was still broken because they brought it back from being kill switched until the David I was doing the gen with missed the skill check. Had no idea why the gen had regressed so much! Needless to say, there was soon a drone above it and the gen wasn't touched again all match 😖

  • Why the hell did they unkillswitch it if this was happening?

  • As someone already mentioned, the bug has been acknowledged already and we have a list of known issues here:

    @Coordi said:

    The team is actively investigating the following issues, with fixes targeted for upcoming releases. 

    • Female Legion members are using male walking animations and is under investigation. 
    • Blood Warden aura reveal is not properly triggering as soon as the gates are opened.  Fix targeted for Midchapter. 
    • Merciless Storm is currently granting an incorrect amount of regression.  
    • Yellow Glyph challenges are unable to be completed in some cases. Fix targeted for Midchapter. 

    In the future, please use the correct section to report a bug, thank you: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/categories/bugs