As a Survivor Main, after 1.5k hours of DBD, the only thing I find fun is...

As a Survivor Main, after 1,500 hours of Dead by Daylight, the only thing I find fun is looping killers.


And every time you release more anti-looping mechanics, you kill the only thing left that I find fun in DBD.

The Knight for example, his guards just ruin loops. I'd say I am facing a Knight every other game nowadays, and frankly it's boring. His guards aren't even affected by pallets or windows much, they just kinda go right through them really fast. It's so boring when a Knight just keeps spamming his ability to deny loops and down you quicker.


The game is already M1 simulator, but at least I can have fun engaged in chases with killers. At start of games, I will run into the middle of the map and do the hardest generator location on purpose, to initiate the first chase.


But anti-loop mechanics are just so boring and removes any incentive to launch this game up for me. It's gotten to the point, where I just don't even want to play against any anti-loop killer AT ALL.


Knight especially. I absolutely hate Knight's killer abilities with the Guards stuff. (don't @ me with stories of your low MMR games with crappy killers)

Comments

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355177#Comment_3355177

    Any good killer will break off chase from a good survivor, and go after weaker prey.

    If you chase someone too long, that's not looping fault, that's your own fault.

    So then what do you want?

    If looping is the only thing you enjoy, but you don't want the killer to chase you?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355180#Comment_3355180

    So then what do you want?

    If looping is the only thing you enjoy, but you don't want the killer to chase you?

    Oh now you're just being disingenuous. You know the difference between a killer giving up chase on me VS a Knight mechanic that completely denies loops.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3354765#Comment_3354765

    Because however long you want to loop the killer as a survivor, the killer can only afford to loop you for 1/8th of that time, or they lose the game.

    Anything more than about 30-45 seconds per chase is a lost game. Killer is literally based around making chases as short as possible.

    The killer has four survivors to chase and loop 2-3 times each. You need to occupy yourself with something else for the 75% of the time you're not the target.

    If all you want to do is loop the killer for 5 minutes, you go play another game then.

    This, exactly this. "I'm tired of killers being able to win chase", is what I surmised from all of this. In higher mmr, if you don't succeed a chase with a down within the 30-45 second window, you will lose. I love using anti-loop killers due to the fact that I can actually keep up with survivors' looping. If I play a killer that doesn't have looping, I use anti-looping perks and at least 2 gen defence perks(until THEY get nerfed into the ground, because survivors whine and cry about them), and I still find myself either nearly losing, or losing entirely. So I'd agree that they should find another game if they are upset that they can't loop a certain few killers.

  • @GannTM said:

    This mainly just boils down to only what you find fun without considering what other people enjoy.

    Maybe dbd players should enjoy and understand skill expression more then? As he said in a reply it's really just knight who nearly negates survivor skill expression. I love trying to get better at survivor when my duo finally gets on only to hold w until I die on rpd.

    @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3354765#Comment_3354765

    Because however long you want to loop the killer as a survivor, the killer can only afford to loop you for 1/8th of that time, or they lose the game.

    Anything more than about 30-45 seconds per chase is a lost game. Killer is literally based around making chases as short as possible.

    The killer has four survivors to chase and loop 2-3 times each. You need to occupy yourself with something else for the 75% of the time you're not the target.

    If all you want to do is loop the killer for 5 minutes, you go play another game then.

    A lot of these gen kick build killers are just NPCs though. They get like 15M from any gen in their 3 gen and 180 to go back, it's just not fun to play against. I'm saying that as someone who 4-gened on hag every game as my first main, although this current awful meta didn't exist back then.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    It's either Hypermobility or Anti-loop take your pick

    and sometimes a sprinkle of Niche

  • @jinx3d said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3354786#Comment_3354786

    expressing skill with most killers that arent anti loop is punished because most non anti loop cant keep up against survivors that just stick to gens like leeches. They cant get downs fast enough on the modern maps because of how safe they are. With no way to force them away from a loop, they can just play ring around the rosie for 5 gens

    Very untrue, what you said would apply if the true "anti loop" killers were actually that good. The only good zoner killer really is just the artist imo. See the blight, i think that the blight is downright the best designed killer they ever put in the game and he's one of the best killers. He can come at and play loops in a lot of different ways but he still has to actually play them. Your choices matter against and as the blight. They don't matter against zoner killers like dredge, knight, and the artist because they devolve gameplay into a single correct choice, which is to just hold W.

    Killer powers should create new ways to approach and interact with tiles and loops not just outright delete them by pressing m2

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3354550#Comment_3354550

    Then there's nothing more for DBD to offer me then. It's being in a chase, or holding M1 on a generator.

    Bye

    well-bye.gif


  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3354765#Comment_3354765

    Because however long you want to loop the killer as a survivor, the killer can only afford to loop you for 1/8th of that time, or they lose the game.

    Anything more than about 30-45 seconds per chase is a lost game. Killer is literally based around making chases as short as possible.

    The killer has four survivors to chase and loop 2-3 times each. You need to occupy yourself with something else for the 75% of the time you're not the target.

    If all you want to do is loop the killer for 5 minutes, you go play another game then.

    Right, so playing survivor just to hold a button on gens and then die in 30s is fun?

    I play killer to chase, I play survivor to be chased. We have plenty of options for chases as a killer (powers), why should survivors(skins) be denied of the only thing they can do and not have a choice but to die after a preset ammount of time? Smh.

    Not to mention if you get looped for too long it's your fault, you can literally just go after someone else, or like I said play another game, if you think you're entitled to have the game handed over to you.

    Also, if someone here doesn't have fun chasing people, then maybe killer isn't for you? What else is there to even do lol.

  • @Cassiopeiae said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355177#Comment_3355177

    Right, so playing survivor just to hold a button on gens and then die in 30s is fun?

    I play killer to chase, I play survivor to be chased. We have plenty of options for chases as a killer (powers), why should survivors(skins) be denied of the only thing they can do and not have a choice but to die after a preset ammount of time? Smh.

    Not to mention if you get looped for too long it's your fault, you can literally just go after someone else, or like I said play another game, if you think you're entitled to have the game handed over to you.

    Also, if someone here doesn't have fun chasing people, then maybe killer isn't for you? What else is there to even do lol.

    My thoughts exactly.

  • "You can just go after someone else" continues to be the weirdest argument for why people should play Killers that can't compete in loops unless there's a catastrophic misplay. Assuming you wait long enough to find out you won't be winning this chase in a reasonable time, and not dumping every chase that goes somewhere unfavourable (which is also regularly criticised)

    Like, what? Unless suicidal levels of altruism come into play, that's basically game ending, which kind of singles out how bad the time balance in the game is, where snowballs from rescues are the only thing that can balance out giving up a chase and then a normal chase time being long enough for a gen to complete.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    "You can just go after someone else" continues to be the weirdest argument for why people should play Killers that can't compete in loops unless there's a catastrophic misplay. Assuming you wait long enough to find out you won't be winning this chase in a reasonable time, and not dumping every chase that goes somewhere unfavourable (which is also regularly criticised)

    Like, what? Unless suicidal levels of altruism come into play, that's basically game ending, which kind of singles out how bad the time balance in the game is, where snowballs from rescues are the only thing that can balance out giving up a chase and then a normal chase time being long enough for a gen to complete.

    So according to you, it's a bad thing that a killer gets punished by not managing their time effectively? 🙂

    We're not entitled to have a 4k handed over to us. Mess things up and you lose. It happens to everyone.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    As a Survivor Main, after 1,500 hours of Dead by Daylight, the only thing I find fun is looping killers.

    And every time you release more anti-looping mechanics, you kill the only thing left that I find fun in DBD.

    The Knight for example, his guards just ruin loops. I'd say I am facing a Knight every other game nowadays, and frankly it's boring. His guards aren't even affected by pallets or windows much, they just kinda go right through them really fast. It's so boring when a Knight just keeps spamming his ability to deny loops and down you quicker.

    The game is already M1 simulator, but at least I can have fun engaged in chases with killers. At start of games, I will run into the middle of the map and do the hardest generator location on purpose, to initiate the first chase.

    But anti-loop mechanics are just so boring and removes any incentive to launch this game up for me. It's gotten to the point, where I just don't even want to play against any anti-loop killer AT ALL.

    Knight especially. I absolutely hate Knight's killer abilities with the Guards stuff. (don't @ me with stories of your low MMR games with crappy killers)

    Ah yes. When I play killer I love nothing more than wasting time chasing survs in circles around a pallet. It's such an interesting playstyle.

    You can't expect there to be no counters to such a widely used tactic. Killer would be unplayable if there was no antiloop.

    You just need to switch up your tactics against different killers. If one mechanic us the only thing you enjoy about the game perhaps you should find a different one to play. Or play against m1 bot killers in customs perhaps.

  • @Cassiopeiae said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355525#Comment_3355525

    So according to you, it's a bad thing that a killer gets punished by not managing their time effectively? 🙂

    We're not entitled to have a 4k handed over to us. Mess things up and you lose. It happens to everyone.

    The problem is, it's almost always brought up in the context of M1 Killers. "If it takes too long, go after someone else".

    But it's taking too long because they don't have the tools to do anything about it. And then when they go after someone else, it's gambling entirely on finding a potato, because it'll be the exact same thing at another loop. If the too long on the first chase wasn't so long it's already enough to end the game--and since chases need to be 30-45s to stand much chance anyway, 30s before going after someone else and another 30s there could already be decisive.

    That's not a time management problem, that's a balance problem.

  • killer don't like chasing because gens go to fast that's fact.

    survivors want to be chased get rid of gens.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355801#Comment_3355801

    The problem is, it's almost always brought up in the context of M1 Killers. "If it takes too long, go after someone else".

    But it's taking too long because they don't have the tools to do anything about it. And then when they go after someone else, it's gambling entirely on finding a potato, because it'll be the exact same thing at another loop. If the too long on the first chase wasn't so long it's already enough to end the game--and since chases need to be 30-45s to stand much chance anyway, 30s before going after someone else and another 30s there could already be decisive.

    That's not a time management problem, that's a balance problem.

    yea I'm should all who say (You can just go after someone else) don't play M1 killer just the M2 killers

    I mean are survivors sure they like chases? because feel like they like pressing M1 on a gen and getting all 5 gens done as fast they can.

    normal match for me I chase 1 survivor down them hook them and 3 gens are done I find someone else and chase and all gens are done and opens open.

    so are you sure survivor like chases?

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/365947/as-a-survivor-main-after-1-5k-hours-of-dbd-the-only-thing-i-find-fun-is

    Ah yes. When I play killer I love nothing more than wasting time chasing survs in circles around a pallet. It's such an interesting playstyle.

    You can't expect there to be no counters to such a widely used tactic. Killer would be unplayable if there was no antiloop.

    You just need to switch up your tactics against different killers. If one mechanic us the only thing you enjoy about the game perhaps you should find a different one to play. Or play against m1 bot killers in customs perhaps.

    What other mechanics is there?

    Hold M1 on generator

    Hide

    Chase


    That's the entirety of Survival gameplay offered in this game.

    It's the Killers who have all the choices in how the game goes.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355820#Comment_3355820

    What other mechanics is there?

    Hold M1 on generator

    Hide

    Chase

    That's the entirety of Survival gameplay offered in this game.

    It's the Killers who have all the choices in how the game goes.

    I mean those are the basic mechanics of the game. Personally i prefer outsmarting the killer and escaping chases rather than just running in circles. Gets real boring real fast. Stealth can be a lot of fun.

    You can't expect one particular tactic to be viable every single game.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355801#Comment_3355801

    The problem is, it's almost always brought up in the context of M1 Killers. "If it takes too long, go after someone else".

    But it's taking too long because they don't have the tools to do anything about it. And then when they go after someone else, it's gambling entirely on finding a potato, because it'll be the exact same thing at another loop. If the too long on the first chase wasn't so long it's already enough to end the game--and since chases need to be 30-45s to stand much chance anyway, 30s before going after someone else and another 30s there could already be decisive.

    That's not a time management problem, that's a balance problem.

    You are right on that, no argument there. Some killers need updates.

  • I've played this game on and off since beta and this shits too boring now.

  • so... Skull merchant is now popular, and unfortunately she's not only anti-loop, she's also a 3gen camper, with passive exposed if you try to disable the drones or work on the gens in it's radius. What's worse, if you say you'll take the risk anyway, she then sneaks up on you with no red light or terror radius.


    Okay. I'm sure killers are having fun. At least I won't see as many Knights now, because I'll be 3 gen camped by SM.

  • @Sava18 said:

    Guys, when people say anti-loop, they don't mean as a whole but hard anti-loop like knight and artist that makes tiles a moot point. Wesker for example can use his power at loops but it doesn't nullify the tile from existence.

    I agree with you op. Only thing fun about survivor is chases and killers that deny the most skill expressive part of survivor should not exist.

    Yea I agree too! the next killer should be placed on some kind of leash and activating his power should mount his leash to whatever loop a survivor is getting chased around, that way the killer has to play fair and gue- I mean Mindgame if they want a hit, and they aren’t allowed to leave until their powers off cooldown so this can stop the boring non-chase, gen kicking killers too!

1 2 ›