Tools of Torment wasn’t rushed.

I just wanna say, this chapter IS NOT RUSHED. stop crying that it isn’t some robot. This chapter definitely has flaws yes. But it feels like the lot of you are just crying over such small stuff.


  1. this killer was not meant to be predator, BHVR is not gonna do heavy work on a license that they haven’t even fully secured, even if they were working on a predator chapter and it was pulled, it wouldn’t have been at the stage where this chapter would have to get completely rushed. If a license really got pulled that late, the license holders would get their own legal problems.
  2. the power is not rushed, Ya’ll just complaining it’s weak. The power isn’t even “badly designed”. A bad power design is something like pig, buffing her is extremely hard cause, even small changes can make her very strong. Meanwhile, skull merchant, making small changes for her wouldn’t immediately break her. ALSO, you guys are saying this is rushed but, the power works very well and fluid, weak yes, but not rushed.
  3. her lore, yes, I agree it’s mediocre, if not bad. I like what they tried with all the manga stuff, but it’s way too simple and doesn’t explore her getting into robotics and building and all that stuff (unless, she meant to be a literal capitalist villain and she doesn’t even build her own stuff, but that would go against the map and trailer so idk).
  4. her Mori, yeah that’s complete trash no excuse there lol.
  5. the lack of new map: BHVR LEGIT STATED IN THE ANNIVERSARY BROADCAST THAT WERE ONLY GONNA BE 2 NEW MAPS WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN SURPRISED? not to mention, maps take a while to build from scratch, and, shelter woods gets updated + 2 maps are getting reworked, so there’s still something in that department.


finally, just wanted to mention this chapter has 2 survivors and one of the longer length CGI trailers. I get you may not like “sexy girl”, but the fact people think this whole chapter is horny bait is so sad.


nobody complained about Vittorio being the most BLATANT case of horny bait, but as soon as this one female character who isn’t even blatantly advertised as being sexy (COUGH COUGH Vittorio). I don’t dislike Vittorio either, but there’s some MASSIVE hypocrisy going around in the community right now.


please stop complaining because the killer’s visual design isn’t in your liking, not every character design you will like.

Comments

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3350111#Comment_3350111

    Tbf it would help if they stopped nerfing them because of some 0.01% twins player was doing well while most other players weren't... like they legit nerfed a killer for the smallest group of players which is stupid.

    That mixed with the extra nerfs that made them feel clunky to play is going to push alot of people off them, theres plenty of little changes they can do without a full rework to make twins more fun to play but I cant say that for the new chapter, only people at a low level or people that play for thirst will enjoy her tbh.

    It's a shame, I was hyped to have a female mad scientist/cyborg then seen the base cosmetic and power, new cosmetics will be dope I'm sure but I cant get over the basically pointless power unless you can a 3gen with is boring af to do as killer especially from the get go

    the basically pointless power unless you can a 3gen with is boring af to do as killer especially from the get go

    Absolutely. I've seen survivors give up and beg for the hook rather than deal with a 3-gen situation. I've also seen killers give up defending a 3-gen and go AFK because they just got so damn bored with it. Both of those are bad, you don't want either side bored out of their skull in your game. And you certainly don't want to design killers that are built for pretty much that exact playstyle and not much else.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3350135#Comment_3350135

    the basically pointless power unless you can a 3gen with is boring af to do as killer especially from the get go

    Absolutely. I've seen survivors give up and beg for the hook rather than deal with a 3-gen situation. I've also seen killers give up defending a 3-gen and go AFK because they just got so damn bored with it. Both of those are bad, you don't want either side bored out of their skull in your game. And you certainly don't want to design killers that are built for pretty much that exact playstyle and not much else.

    It depends how the 3gen happens, if me and my team mess up and 3gen ourselves then that's on us, though I dont ever condone giving up but maybe that just me. Try till you win/lose imo.

    But a killer doing a 3gen from the get go is boring because it stops all the fun and chases that can go on in the trial. But yeah terrible design of a power encouraging a playstyle neither side enjoys.

    Like twins, while I'm a survivor main of recent years twins always put me off playing them because to play at a high level you had to slug often and that's not me when I play killer, if they changed it so slugging wasnt as needed by simply making Charlotte gain haste after downing someone with victor at least its abit more viable to go pick them up sorta thing.

    Fun is the selling point for both roles, the devs often overlook this on a few killers and now they made a killer which is unfun for both constantly, devs are odd that way lol

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3349961#Comment_3349961

    I could care less if YOU take me serious. I stand with the majority. Major majority at that. You sir, are in the minority.

    I don't know if you can honestly say you are part of the majority when there is no real way to find out what the majority thinks right now when it comes to this chapter. Usually, the ppl who come onto a forum or reddit are those who are really unhappy about something while the happy ppl tend to not even come on here to talk about how happy they are. Without some kinda poll or consensus I don't think you can honestly say you are part of the majority. Reddit and this forum do not represent the whole community as a whole and the only real way to prove what you are saying is by looking at the chapter sales when it comes out. If the chapter sales really poorly and doesn't make as much money as previous chapters then yes then you can claim to be part of the majority but till we know those numbers we really don't know what the majority thinks. All we know is ppl who really hates something tend to be loud about....

  • They can't all be Zingers

  • @BlueRose said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3349971#Comment_3349971

    I don't know if you can honestly say you are part of the majority when there is no real way to find out what the majority thinks right now when it comes to this chapter. Usually, the ppl who come onto a forum or reddit are those who are really unhappy about something while the happy ppl tend to not even come on here to talk about how happy they are. Without some kinda poll or consensus I don't think you can honestly say you are part of the majority. Reddit and this forum do not represent the whole community as a whole and the only real way to prove what you are saying is by looking at the chapter sales when it comes out. If the chapter sales really poorly and doesn't make as much money as previous chapters then yes then you can claim to be part of the majority but till we know those numbers we really don't know what the majority thinks. All we know is ppl like you are really loud, like most ppl who really hate something....

    I can say I stand with the majority of the forums. No argument there…

    I love your little sideways dig at me at the end. Am I “loud” because I don’t like the killer? Or because I don’t agree with what you think? What aspect of any of my comments make them “loud”? Why aren’t the other comments debating the other side loud? Nothing I said was hateful or unreasonable.

    “People like you”, lmao ok kiddo. 😂

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3350185#Comment_3350185

    I can say I stand with the majority of the forums. No argument there…

    I love your little sideways dig at me at the end. Am I “loud” because I don’t like the killer? Or because I don’t agree with what you think? What aspect of any of my comments make them “loud”? Why aren’t the other comments debating the other side loud? Nothing I said was hateful or unreasonable.

    “People like you”, lmao ok kiddo. 😂

    No dig at you...just saying ppl who dislike something are loud about it aka talk about it all the time and sometimes drown out the voices of those who do like the chapter. I don't care if you agree or disagree with me and I meant no disrespect. I'm just saying what most ppl already know about internet forums. You are free to continue to complain and voice you're displeased about the chapter. Just know you do not represent the whole community. Have a bless day ^^


    P.S. I just edited my post to take out "ppl like you" Hope that is better ^^

  • Her lore is terrible not because she's not a robot/cyborg/tragic but because how am I supposed to take "she kills CEOs and guts their companies and nobody put two and two together" seriously?

  • @BlueRose said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3350202#Comment_3350202

    No dig at you...just saying ppl who dislike something are loud about it aka talk about it all the time and sometimes drown out the voices of those who do like the chapter. I don't care if you agree or disagree with me and I meant no disrespect. I'm just saying what most ppl already know about internet forums. You are free to continue to complain and voice you're displeased about the chapter. Just know you do not represent the whole community. Have a bless day ^^

    P.S. I just edited my post to take out "ppl like you" Hope that is better ^^

    I never claimed to represent the whole of people on here?😂 Why do you people keep saying stuff like that? I simply stated what I think about the chapter, just like everybody else. I never once said “THIS IS MY OPINION AND IT IS THE SUPREME OPINION OF THE FORUM!” what?😂

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3350219#Comment_3350219

    I never claimed to represent the whole of people on here?😂 Why do you people keep saying stuff like that? I simply stated what I think about the chapter, just like everybody else. I never once said “THIS IS MY OPINION AND IT IS THE SUPREME OPINION OF THE FORUM!” what?😂

    "I stand with the majority. Major majority at that. You sir, are in the minority." <--- this makes you sound like that tbh. You may not say it directly but your wording implies it. It sounds like it bc you agree with the majority which makes you right when in reality you only agree with the majority on the forums but not the whole community. The forum is only part of the community. You're right most ppl on the forum don't like the chapter but that doesn't mean everyone in the game community feels the same way as you at the end of the day it really doesn't matter if you part of the majority bc its the majority of a small part of the whole community. Anyway, Im just going to leave it here and say we just have to agree to disagree.

  • @Gummy said:

    Her lore is terrible not because she's not a robot/cyborg/tragic but because how am I supposed to take "she kills CEOs and guts their companies and nobody put two and two together" seriously?

    They could always put out a tome that explains why such as "Entity Cult decided to help her out so the Entity can snatch her away so they get rid of the Cringe Merchant"

    Also the whole re-sells their companies is literally from YuGiOh!

    "buy out company & ruin it unless they pay it back double the price"

    If nothing else then pretend an alternate version of herself made a deal with the Entity to help out inferior versions of herself to increase the amount of survivors/killers in the Realm.

1 2 ›