Distortion is dangerous in solo queue
Doubt it's just me. When you use this, your teammates get all the aggro from the aura reading perks. Good way to end up alone pretty quick.
Doubt it's just me. When you use this, your teammates get all the aggro from the aura reading perks. Good way to end up alone pretty quick.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
So, run Distortion yourself?
Thats their goal, they want to be the one unseen.
I see this happen a lot. There will be one, maybe 2 survivors not running distortion and I’m going to go for whoever procs on my BBQ. I’ll then get accused of tunneling…. Blame your teammates lmao. Or run distortion yourself.
It pains me whenever it's not even the killer going for a 0022 hook spread on the survivors, but two survivors just donate it to the killer wrapped up in a pretty ribbon by doing stuff like going full Houdini after unhooking or even leaving the two soon-to-be-deathhook survivors to unhook eachother over and over 😔
Already do, I'm the one ending up alone.
If you're running distortion then maybe deliberately take chase at some point.
Besides aura perks are not the only way to catch survivors. KI, listening for audio, plenty of ways to catch survs even if they use distortion.
That's pretty much what you have to do. Tough to get in the habit.
Sure there are other ways. But when you have LP, BBQ, and NWTH being run commonly, it's something to keep in mind.
I'm surprised NTH didn't make Distortion meta for solo queue. You can't hide and tap a rapidly regressing gen if the Killer sees your aura.
There's no difference, though, between a Distortion user or non-Distortion user who won't try to take aggro for their teammates while they have hook states to spare. There's a reason why I see a lot of 4Ks when you have three survivors on death hook and one completely unhooked survivor who continues to avoid the Killer.
Yup. Tbh it's a super good perk. I run it all the time lol, especially since a lot of killwrs have been relying on NWTH recently to catch you on gens.