Eruption is not too strong. You are too weak

Sorry but it's just facts. Survivors always have something to cry about

First it was original ruin

Then it was Pop

Then it was ruin plus undying

Then it was dead man switch plus pain Resonance

Then it was merciless storm

Then it was dead man switch plus pain Resonance in a weaker Version

And now it's the kick gen perks but mostly Eruption

Stop crying about any perk that get's used a bit more often because it's the strongest right now

Same for killers who cry about every survivor perk that is meta

Comments

  • No one said it was too strong, it's one of the strongest perks which will make it meta and they switch metas so it has to be nerfed or people will still use it a lot. They will nerf strong survivor perks also.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330524#Comment_3330524

    Old DH had no counter. Current DH does so it is no longer problematic imo. As for Eruption I've made my suggestion as to what to do with it before but I'll repeat it here. Increase the regression to 15% and block the gen for 25 seconds. You have almost the exact same amount of regression that way without the incapacitated effect which is the actual problem.

    I personally like @DBDVulture idea better bc it keeps eruption strong but is also unique, unlike your idea where you are just making eruption into a copy of Pain+DMS. I also don't care for gen blocking perks all that much bc they stop the regression while the gen is blocked(yes I know currently that part is bugged as shown in otz's stream yesterday. Right now gens continue to regress while being blocked but clearly, that is a bug that I'm pretty sure to be fixed sooner or later.) Your idea can work it's just that I don't think it's unique since we already have the pain+dms combo.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/362593/eruption-is-not-too-strong-you-are-too-weak

    Most of the survivors want easy games. They want to finish all the generators and then mess around when the game is over. That's not very fun for the killer.

    I touched on it in another thread, but comm'ing Eruption is not nearly as straightforward as players make it out to be. Someone will travel ~16 meters by the time they say "I'm going down" and the killer lunges. An inner monologue is a lot quicker than verbalizing a thought and reacting to someone else's words. I genuinely don't think anyone here has actually tried to communicate Eruption in practice, let alone in a comp setting where comms are constant about everything.

  • DH is not too strong, you are too weak

  • @BlueRose said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330604#Comment_3330604

    I personally like @DBDVulture idea better bc it keeps eruption strong but is also unique, unlike your idea where you are just making eruption into a copy of Pain+DMS. I also don't care for gen blocking perks all that much bc they stop the regression while the gen is blocked(yes I know currently that part is bugged as shown in otz's stream yesterday. Right now gens continue to regress while being blocked but clearly, that is a bug that I'm pretty sure to be fixed sooner or later.) Your idea can work it's just that I don't think it's unique since we already have the pain+dms combo.

    The regression stopping is why I added the extra 5% to compensate.

  • Eruption is not even the real problem. It only becomes tedious when the killer's entire build revolves around Call of Brine + Overcharge.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330524#Comment_3330524

    Old DH had no counter. Current DH does so it is no longer problematic imo. As for Eruption I've made my suggestion as to what to do with it before but I'll repeat it here. Increase the regression to 15% and block the gen for 25 seconds. You have almost the exact same amount of regression that way without the incapacitated effect which is the actual problem.

    New DH has no counter if you are attacked by Nurse/Blight and other killers with a timed duration attack. New DH also can force a killer to swing at a pallet and you get hit getting a free speed burst and get to save the pallet. If he doesnt swing you can save the pallet and DH and do another lap.

    Since DH can be used as a reaction to a lunge it is much stronger than you seem to think.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331229#Comment_3331229

    The regression stopping is why I added the extra 5% to compensate.

    That's fair but doesn't change the fact that the idea is just making the pain res+DMS combo into a single perk. In fact if they did do that, eruption would most likely be complained about even more bc before eruption was meta survivor complained about pain res+DMS ALOT.

  • I play both sides. I want a fair game when I play survivor or killer.

    People I play survivor with say : why is the killer tunneling me? I say it's because he lost 2 gens in the first chase - that's exactly what I would do.

    I want the tunneling of gens and survivors to stop. Most survivors only want the tunneling of survivors to stop not realizing that is a reaction to the generators being tunneled.

  • Dead Hard wasn't too strong, you were just too weak.

    Insta-heals weren't too strong, you were just too weak.

    Locker saves weren't too strong, you were just too weak.



    God, the us vs them never ends does it

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330938#Comment_3330938

    I play both sides. I want a fair game when I play survivor or killer.

    People I play survivor with say : why is the killer tunneling me? I say it's because he lost 2 gens in the first chase - that's exactly what I would do.

    I want the tunneling of gens and survivors to stop. Most survivors only want the tunneling of survivors to stop not realizing that is a reaction to the generators being tunneled.

    Killer players will literally tunnel people at 4 gens and 1 DC. You seem to not understand that tunnelling isn't always a gen thing at all. Lots of people tunnel simply because the don't like someone in game. Let's not use gen progress as a be all end all arguing point

  • @HungrySnek said:

    Sorry but it's just facts. Survivors always have something to cry about

    First it was original ruin

    Then it was Pop

    Then it was ruin plus undying

    Then it was dead man switch plus pain Resonance

    Then it was merciless storm

    Then it was dead man switch plus pain Resonance in a weaker Version

    And now it's the kick gen perks but mostly Eruption

    Stop crying about any perk that get's used a bit more often because it's the strongest right now

    Same for killers who cry about every survivor perk that is meta

    By all means, please do explain why a perk that SoloQ players have no way of knowing when it’ll activate and cripple for them for what feels like several years, while also pretty much doing nothing to SWF Groups with voice comma, is fine as is and isn’t in need of a rework

  • In the end of the day, despite the views of either side, bhvr will take the easy way out and change the perk.

    If I had to guess, they will keep the affect but make it only work once per gen like merciless storm.

    On second thought, they might add an overcharge skillcheck that when successfully hit negates the affect.

  • @AverageKateMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331552#Comment_3331552

    Killer players will literally tunnel people at 4 gens and 1 DC. You seem to not understand that tunnelling isn't always a gen thing at all. Lots of people tunnel simply because the don't like someone in game. Let's not use gen progress as a be all end all arguing point

    -"You seem to not understand that tunnelling isn't always a gen thing at all. Lots of people tunnel simply because the don't like someone in game"

    You don't know the random people in a match. You don't repeatedly play against Eric the bully who beats you up every day after school. If I play 10 games I will at most see 1 person again unless the player pool is very small due to the low number of people in the high skill pool or late hours.


    My game plan is to start tunneling at five generators every game. I've been conditioned to play this way because survivors always want to finish the gens as quickly as possible. Survivors always want to break my three gen setup but killing one member of their team on the third hook is roughly equivalent to the survivors breaking my three gen.


    @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/362593/eruption-is-not-too-strong-you-are-too-weak

    By all means, please do explain why a perk that SoloQ players have no way of knowing when it’ll activate and cripple for them for what feels like several years, while also pretty much doing nothing to SWF Groups with voice comma, is fine as is and isn’t in need of a rework

    It's very simple. Change the perk so that if the killer kicks a generator and then someone goes down two things happen.

    1) The generator can't be interrupted for ~45 seconds.

    2) The generator loses 10% regression instantly.


    Now SWF and solo teams are equally affected. The survivor can stand there for 45 seconds and wait to get on a generator that will likely be regressed at least 20% if not more or they can run to a different generator. During that 45 seconds they could heal themselves very slowly with self care.

    Either way SWF and solo queue are equally affected. The perk remains strong but not oppressive.

  • @Roaroftime said:

    When theres no counter play on the killer side i.e., locker saves devs fix it yet when theres no counter play on the survivor side (having no clue when a solo queue surv is going to get downed) then it's ok?

    the counter play to eruption is the same as dh

    wait it out

1 2 ›