Why aren't there more weather effects?

Thunderstorm, rainbow, sandstorm, fog, mist, strong winds, tornado, hurricanes, hail, aurora, heavy rain and more?

Comments

  • I would definitely love to se some of these. Thunderstorm and Heavy rain specifically would be really cool. Heavy rain/T-Storms can lend themselves really well to a horror experience, and I just like rain in general too :)

    Some hail would definitely fit right in in Ormond too.

    Sandstorm would be perfect for Eyrie as well. I have my qualms about the maps layout, but I love the aesthetic and a sandstorm would make it even cooler.

  • So you want my console to drop 30 frames more?

  • @DREDGE said:

    Thunderstorm, rainbow, sandstorm, fog, mist, strong winds, tornado, hurricanes, hail, aurora, heavy rain and more?

    This game is already horrifically optimized and even high-end PCs and consoles struggle with it. I can’t imagine how bad it would be with weather effects!

  • @versacefeng said:

    So you want my console to drop 30 frames more?

    Was just about to say. As much as I would love more weather effects (maybe not like hurricanes and stuff lol), this game is so poorly optimized for console they had to remove all the fog that gave maps their ambiance because of the performance dip.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    I would definitely love to se some of these. Thunderstorm and Heavy rain specifically would be really cool. Heavy rain/T-Storms can lend themselves really well to a horror experience, and I just like rain in general too :)

    Some hail would definitely fit right in in Ormond too.

    Sandstorm would be perfect for Eyrie as well. I have my qualms about the maps layout, but I love the aesthetic and a sandstorm would make it even cooler.

    A polar map with auroras would be sweet as well.

    @versacefeng said:

    So you want my console to drop 30 frames more?

    @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/361865/why-arent-there-more-weather-effects

    This game is already horrifically optimized and even high-end PCs and consoles struggle with it. I can’t imagine how bad it would be with weather effects!

    @VideoGameMage said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3324456#Comment_3324456

    Was just about to say. As much as I would love more weather effects (maybe not like hurricanes and stuff lol), this game is so poorly optimized for console they had to remove all the fog that gave maps their ambiance because of the performance dip.

    @ConantheObrien said:

    I'm pretty sure their game engine is too horrendous to add more realistic weather. The slight rain in Red Forest and the subtle snow falling on Ormond are all we are ever going to get. :/

    You got a point. Hopefully they optimize this game in the future to enhance the player experience. Maybe someday they might create their own game engine.

  • DbD wasn't developed by the teams who did Dying Light or Elden Ring or Breath of the Wild. Those games can have big maps and weather effects and run without issue on console, but consoles struggle like all hell with DbD's small maps and current level of SFX. Even good PCs can struggle with DbD. I don't want any of my consoles catching fire just so I can experience a hurricane and corn blindness at the same time.

    I wouldn't mind if the devs worked on the fog a bit, though. It's so weird and ugly. If they're going to keep this nonsense that turns my PS4 fans into a jet engine, they could at least make the visual experience worth it drowning out all game audio. Eh, maybe I should just plug in my old PS1 and play Silent Hill. Now that was fog, and the graphics are about the same as DbD on the Switch, anyway.

  • We can only hope they get with the program in terms of this games optimization. Consoles are probably never going to get there honestly. The Switch version looks/plays worse than Mobile....

  • @versacefeng said:

    So you want my console to drop 30 frames more?

    This. Like another has said, they actually had to greatly reduce the fog due to massive performance issues. Their coding and optimization simply cannot handle it.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3324456#Comment_3324456

    This. Like another has said, they actually had to greatly reduce the fog due to massive performance issues. Their coding and optimization simply cannot handle it.

    Which is sad because it removed a lot of atmosphere from the game. Made things less immersed.

  • Been wanting this forever.

  • I would love that but heavy rain and storms might be too much for the game to handle. They can't even add a third zombie for Nemesis because that would be too much for the game.

    They could however add sound effects to indoor maps to suggest a storm or whatever.

  • @DREDGE said:

    Thunderstorm, rainbow, sandstorm, fog, mist, strong winds, tornado, hurricanes, hail, aurora, heavy rain and more?

    the game already runs pretty poorly for modern hardware devices , DBD optimization was never good , I can just imagine the frame-drops of a sandstorm or tornado effects kicking ...uhh god , pls no ..... Realm Beyond was an entire mess in terms of optimzations + new content being added just makes the problem even worse , remenber when nemesis first came out? yeah that was a frame-drop mess + some assets are poorly optimized causing consoles to stutter more often compared to PC but even on pc the game still runs bad on low settings.

    fun fact: its been 3 years already since they promise to add a in-game option to disable antialising (and no news on that YET)

    well we are still stuck with the ULTRA - MEDIUM - LOW settings....BHVR pls give us more video options jeeeeez..

  • @MB666 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/361865/why-arent-there-more-weather-effects

    the game already runs pretty poorly for modern hardware devices , DBD optimization was never good , I can just imagine the frame-drops of a sandstorm or tornado effects kicking ...uhh god , pls no ..... Realm Beyond was an entire mess in terms of optimzations + new content being added just makes the problem even worse , remenber when nemesis first came out? yeah that was a frame-drop mess + some assets are poorly optimized causing consoles to stutter more often compared to PC but even on pc the game still runs bad on low settings.

    fun fact: its been 3 years already since they promise to add a in-game option to disable antialising (and no news on that YET)

    well we are still stuck with the ULTRA - MEDIUM - LOW settings....BHVR pls give us more video options jeeeeez..

    It's closing in on FOUR years since they promised us 60 FPS :(

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3325319#Comment_3325319

    It's closing in on FOUR years since they promised us 60 FPS :(

    Preach brotha

  • @DREDGE said:

    Thunderstorm, rainbow, sandstorm, fog, mist, strong winds, tornado, hurricanes, hail, aurora, heavy rain and more?

    You meant to ask why is there not more maps. They should upgrade the older maps like SWAMP or Midwich. i hate navigating both of them after playing other updated maps. There just needs to be more maps in general imo

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3325319#Comment_3325319

    It's closing in on FOUR years since they promised us 60 FPS :(

    Preach brotha

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3325319#Comment_3325319

    It's closing in on FOUR years since they promised us 60 FPS :(

    But… I play 60fps

    14DAFB7B-D236-4818-A698-40B2D51CDEC3.jpeg