Eruption..

Can it just insta kill me please so I can move on to the next match? It's genuinely making me not want to play the game, like whatsoever. What am I supposed to do in solo queue? Great job!

Comments

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3324320#Comment_3324320

    That does not match the data usage rates we have for the perk even remotely close. You are an extreme outlier if you’re serious about that.

    I am

  • @Krazzik said:

    3-genning builds in general are an issue right now. I had a game as Knight against survivors far better than me, but I won simply because I committed to a three-gen and slowly got rid of the pallets nearby until I could down them and proc Eruption. They were good loopers and they pressured multiple gens but they just couldn't make progressive faster than I could regress it. Heck I even had Overcharge which they almost never failed at hitting and they -still- lost.

    Don't really know what BHVR expects survivors to do against that kinda build.

    Nope, there’s nothing wrong with playing the 3 gen game and it’s in fact essential to win against good teams/players.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3324151#Comment_3324151

    Does it? You can dodge the initial disruption from PR, but it's still applying regression and the DMS effect - which is why this is so good on Dredge, Doctor, Sadako, Pinhead, Artist etc.

    Yes, that would be a fine rework - but mark my words.

    This won't happen.

    What tends to happen with regression perk nerfs is BHVR deliberately wrecking it to the point of uselessness, or at best making is very mediocre and niche. See: Pop, Overcharge, Thana and Ruin.

    Well...maybe one exception with CI, but that's an anomaly.

    While I feel Pop was over nerfed I don't think it's useless really. The others you mentioned were definitely gutted though. Hopefully Eruption gets a treatment similar to my suggestion but I'm certainly not banking on it.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3324228#Comment_3324228

    While I feel Pop was over nerfed I don't think it's useless really. The others you mentioned were definitely gutted though. Hopefully Eruption gets a treatment similar to my suggestion but I'm certainly not banking on it.

    I thought Pop was okay coming out of 6.1.0, but after some experimentation...wow is this perk really niche now.

  • Just bait it out.

  • Eruption should just cover the gen instead of applying the Incapacitated status effect. Then it'd be fine.

  • Goodness, some of you Survivors are the biggest complainers ever....

  • I went against several Eruptions yesterday. One of my counters was to let the generator go before a hook. (And generally trying to be aware of the match and when a teammate is about to get downed. Keeping an eye on things helps.)

    I've been bitten a few times but it's nothing special.

    I don't get the drama.

  • Worst perk ever designed.

  • Shame of you for playing soloq, find friends and play on comms

  • @tommy_n8 said:

    Can it just insta kill me please so I can move on to the next match? It's genuinely making me not want to play the game, like whatsoever. What am I supposed to do in solo queue? Great job!

    This is a great suggestion and should be implemented immediately.

    @drsoontm said:

    I went against several Eruptions yesterday. One of my counters was to let the generator go before a hook. (And generally trying to be aware of the match and when a teammate is about to get downed. Keeping an eye on things helps.)

    I've been bitten a few times but it's nothing special.

    I don't get the drama.

    Letting go before a hook counters Pain Res, not Eruption.

  • @MrMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/361817/eruption

    This is a great suggestion and should be implemented immediately.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3324874#Comment_3324874

    Letting go before a hook counters Pain Res, not Eruption.

    Points number two and three on:

    Eruption is a Unique Perk belonging to The Nemesis.Prestige The Nemesis to Prestige 1, 2, 3 respectively to unlock Tier I, Tier II, Tier III of Eruption for all other Characters. Buff: increased the Regression penalty from -6 % to -10 %. Buff: increased the duration of the Incapacitated Status Effect from 12/14/16 seconds to 15/20/25 seconds. The NE-α parasite referenced in the description of Eruption is a genetically-engineered parasite created by Umbrella as a work-around for brain damage caus

    Are what I'm talking about.

  • Eruption triggers when a survivor enters the dying state (point two, specifically, in your own link). There's no requirement for a survivor to be hooked, in fact they could be left as a slug with no hooks occurring at all from the down.

    Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance, on the other hand, is partially countered by letting go of a gen when a survivor is hooked.

  • Eruption is great - it actually forces me to not play the game so I don't procrastinate on actual important things I need to do.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3324983#Comment_3324983

    Eruption triggers when a survivor enters the dying state (point two, specifically, in your own link). There's no requirement for a survivor to be hooked, in fact they could be left as a slug with no hooks occurring at all from the down.

    Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance, on the other hand, is partially countered by letting go of a gen when a survivor is hooked.

    I stand corrected. Oh you are right. I was still releasing the gen before the hook though. Pain Resonance may have been in play because in the most memorable game the gens was "exploding" when the killer hooked.

    Nowadays I'm always checking end games for Eruption and Call of Brine. In that match he had Eruption, not CoB. (And most likely PR, that I didn't check for)

    In the end, that makes it just easier than what I thought. (And I'll still release before a hook, Eruption isn't the only annoying perk out there.)

  • I'm in low MMR so no killers have Eruption.

  • If the killer has the time to kick gens then survivors aren't applying enough pressure. All time spent going to and kicking a gen is free repair time on every other gen. Stop cleansing totems and looting chests and do a gen.

1 2 ›