Prediction for Nurse on 6.5.0 Live

  1. Nurse builds will swap to full slowdown.
  2. As a result, Nurse’s kill rates will go up at least slightly, because quadruple slowdown is much easier to succeed with than Exposed, as well as much stronger.
  3. As a result, people will complain even more about Nurse when the actual problem is stacking slowdown perks/certain slowdowns being too strong.
  4. There will be people who miss Exposed Nurse builds because they were way easier to counter (just leave the area/run Distortion to block auras/don’t be close to a recent slug/spread out/hide if she’s nearby/etc) and comparatively weaker, and typically took up at least half her build (Starstruck + Agitation), sometimes more if there are aura perks to assist.
  5. Quadruple slowdown will make facing Nurse tremendously more painful than before for people, as it is way more difficult to counter and way stronger, especially in solo when people can’t communicate to avoid Incapacitated from Eruption.

Comments

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3315914#Comment_3315914

    And what does that mean? I win the vast majority of my games using slowdown and camping. If it gets me to 4k, who cares how I do it? This idea that you need to win a certain way reeks of entitlement and arrogance.

    Considering that I do the same....

    Would it not be better if you didn't need to do that? Wouldn't it be better if the game was more fun for everyone?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3315709#Comment_3315709

    Nah, she is a relic of the past because she was released during a time where DBD was WAY differen than before. There was so much broken stuff which justified having Nurse around. But this is not the case anymore.

    And if you really think, the Devs care about Survivors fun when they release a Killer like The Knight, you are so wrong. Knight is a pain to go against and really unfun. He is probably the generally most hated Killer in this game.

    Knight is probably one of the easiest killers to face. He's in the same category as trapper.

    Are you actually suggesting that people would rather go against Legion than Knight? I can't believe that for one second.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3316116#Comment_3316116

    Considering that I do the same....

    Would it not be better if you didn't need to do that? Wouldn't it be better if the game was more fun for everyone?

    Sure, but the reality is that it’s not and is probably impossible to balance that way. My main point was that it’s a mistake that so many people label that style of play as being unskillful. If it wins, it doesn’t matter

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3315827#Comment_3315827

    I wouldn't say happy. I'm almost neutral about it though.

    I've played several games as Nurse recently, to check survivors in a perk-less addon-less Nurse (my goal wasn't to win, even if I've killed several teams)

    Some survivors, even with less than 1K hours, are pretty good at it (I've past 3K hours). Today, one was so good I was wondering if she was cheating : she could always guess where I would land, even when I tossed a coin myself, and was gaining more distance I would expect ... but it may just be my paranoia (A side effect of going against so many cheaters so often). It was easier to get her without blinking, which I did.

    I will not be affected by the nerf, but I suspect Nurse will become inaccessible to many new players.

    What was her kill rate in the last statistics? Because it will most likely go down. However, I don't think the players who can't handle the Nurse now will fare much better after the nerf : they will still to know the counters, mind-game and think fast.

    It's funny, but I can totally relate to your mention of this "paranoia" ... it's true that sometimes I think, "No but wait ... I just gave him the secret technique of the ultimate bluff, kept secret for over 50 years ... it HAD to work!" 🤣

    At the moment, since the PTB has just closed, I do like you, as far as I am concerned , I only use the addons allowing to be undetectable after a hit, and the one that makes the survivors scream, because it's the ones that are the closest to the addons that the nurse will have at his disposal, in the 6.5.0; the least we can say is that even if during some games, we feel the difference with the reloads / range addon, in the end, the muscle memory adapts very quickly, and now, I don't pay attention to it anymore 😉

    As for his killrate, I don't know how it will behave ... in fact, it would be interesting to know the proportion of nurses who are really beginners, because a decent nurse will have no problem to adapt to the new addons 😀

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3316244#Comment_3316244

    Sure, but the reality is that it’s not and is probably impossible to balance that way. My main point was that it’s a mistake that so many people label that style of play as being unskillful. If it wins, it doesn’t matter

    Obviously, there is no such thing as a perfect game; and besides, camping/tunneling is not a problem and is completely justified in some cases; in fact, it's really when the killer goes into hard camp and tunnels someone for the entire game that it's a behavior that reeks of relentlessness.

  • In my experience landing the second blink with Nurse is much harder than the first, so exposed builds on her made her incredibly easier. Without that surge of wannabes Nurse-mains that relied on that, we'll be left with true Nurse-mains (that were always terrifying, slowdown or no slowdown) and bad Nurse players who struggle to land that second blink, and thus can't use well slowdown perks. All in all I think she will return to a pre-Starstruck state.

  • @White_Owl said:

    In my experience landing the second blink with Nurse is much harder than the first, so exposed builds on her made her incredibly easier. Without that surge of wannabes Nurse-mains that relied on that, we'll be left with true Nurse-mains (that were always terrifying, slowdown or no slowdown) and bad Nurse players who struggle to land that second blink, and thus can't use well slowdown perks. All in all I think she will return to a pre-Starstruck state.

    I don't understand, what are you talking about when you say : "(...) landing the second blink (...) is much harder than the first, etc." ?

    I don't understand exactly what you mean in your post 🤔😯

  • @HugTheHag said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3315831#Comment_3315831

    All things considered, I'm looking forward to facing them =)

    Impredictability and the fact that she's actually a killer you have to lose, to mindgame, to confuse makes her one of my favourite to go against. You don't just run or loop. It's fun !

    Plus at average level, most Nurses I meet are really nice. I'd definitely be more bitter if those first Nurses I faced when I was a baby survivor hadn't been some of the most encouraging players I've met.

    See and this is because nurse mains have a hazing period when they first start playing, or at least there used to be before bots were a thing but that specific killer has the hardest learning curve and you get bullied a lot before you start being good enough to smack a squad down like they're nothing

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3315846#Comment_3315846

    See and this is because nurse mains have a hazing period when they first start playing, or at least there used to be before bots were a thing but that specific killer has the hardest learning curve and you get bullied a lot before you start being good enough to smack a squad down like they're nothing

    True !

    That's part of why I have a soft spot for them. I'm bad enough at survivor to sometimes go against some really new Nurses, who still struggle a lot. I always give them a kill and props in the chat, to pay it forward =)

  • Nurses are already using slowdown builds. Not every Nurse uses Starstruck.

  • Dont whine, behavior already did a nerf

  • @INoLuv said:

    Dont whine, behavior already did a nerf

    This was barely a nerf.

1 2 ›