Do you notice Prestige?

Something I was thinking about reading posts and whatnot and people saying that they're being paired with people with stupid high prestiges (or going against them) and it made me realize...

I don't think pre-match I've ever even bothered to look at the prestige levels of my opponents. With the Bloodweb system taking forever, I load into a match and immediately go into the bloodweb and start spending like crazy. So I don't ever see what level anyone I am with or against is at...

Currently I just spend BP to spend BP and don't focus on any particular character (basically whoever I'm playing as is the one getting leveled up at the time) as I don't worry all that much about what Prestige I'm at either.

So I'm just curious if I'm the weird one or if others don't even look at Prestige levels

Comments

  • I’m currently grinding Jane to P100 but I don’t really care about other’s prestige’s. I’ve had P2 Dwight perform better than P100 Mikaela’s

  • High prestige does not indicate being good. As somebody said above, I have also seen 0 prestige wayyy out perform a p100. I’ve had full p100 squads lose the game within 3 minutes. its just an indication of play time. Lol

  • Either way, Prestige levels should not display in lobby cause it gives killers an excuse to dodge.

  • Prestige really doesn't indicate anything but time on a certain character. I've had prestige 60's crouch around the map and die in seconds, while I've also been juiced by prestige 3's.

    The only trend I notice with high prestiges is they're more likely to take you to a bad map. I usually burn an Autohaven or Macmillian offering when I see them because its like 70% of the time they do this.

  • @TigerSnake said:

    Either way, Prestige levels should not display in lobby cause it gives killers an excuse to dodge.

    Ehh, lobby dodging isn’t as common anymore now that high prestige is common.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Something I was thinking about reading posts and whatnot and people saying that they're being paired with people with stupid high prestiges (or going against them) and it made me realize...

    I don't think pre-match I've ever even bothered to look at the prestige levels of my opponents. With the Bloodweb system taking forever, I load into a match and immediately go into the bloodweb and start spending like crazy. So I don't ever see what level anyone I am with or against is at...

    Currently I just spend BP to spend BP and don't focus on any particular character (basically whoever I'm playing as is the one getting leveled up at the time) as I don't worry all that much about what Prestige I'm at either.

    So I'm just curious if I'm the weird one or if others don't even look at Prestige levels

    I definitely notice it when its really high, especially if I have had a couple really bad matches against survivors of a skill I shouldnt have been matched with to begin with.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/359730/do-you-notice-prestige

    I definitely notice it when its really high, especially if I have had a couple really bad matches against survivors of a skill I shouldnt have been matched with to begin with.

    Do you notice it before or after the match?

  • I do notice it, but I find it hard to care for it. The vast majority are P10-20 anyway.

    I'll always be a bit suspicious of P100's, but that's just paranoia, ig.

  • I don't really worry about prestige when I'm playing. Both my easiest and my hardest killer matches have been against p100's and as survivor I play as a p0 level 0 Yun-Jin half the time anyways so complaining about other survivors being low prestige would be pretty hypocritical there.

    Mostly I tend to be weirded out by high prestige survivors with low hours because why wouldn't you spend bp on other survivors to get perks.

  • Always after but when I have had a few rough games, and the incentives are 100% on either side I know the matchmaking is skewed for queue times over fairness.

    When that happens I will hesitate to take any P30+ survivors over the randomness of lower prestige levels, and I'm also looking more at items and cosmetics as well at that point. My highest survivor is 10 and killer is 9 as a reference.

  • I just kind of roll my eyes at people who have p100 characters tbh 😅

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I just kind of roll my eyes at people who have p100 characters tbh 😅

    Why? I haven't got Leon to p100, but I'm getting closer. We have to prestige our characters once we hit 50.

  • I always notice prestiges

  • Now that it's not just hardcore grinders with high prestiges I care a lot less than three or so months ago. Though, if I see a combination of high prestige with certain cosmetics and certain items I sometimes to swap a perk out to be prepared for *one of those squads* --- at that prestige they certainly have plenty of items, add-ons and wards.

    As for myself, I usually stick to my P9-15 characters while quietly shoving all points to Leon and Felix. - Only if I end up in a lobby with other high-ish prestiges I switch to them. I just don't like to be the odd one out in terms of prestiges.

  • whenever i see high prestiges ill run a sacrificial ward

    almost every time i play with anyone prestige 50+ theyre running a very fun map offering (usually rpd/garden/erie)

  • @Pepsidot said:

    I always notice prestiges

    Hey there's the man. Good to see you back. Happy New Year.

  • I've noticed if we have 2 survs over 70 in the lobby 4 killers come in and dodge

  • I do notice it but usually dont dodge. I've seen a couple of P100 or close to it, and I'll play it out. Worse case scenario, they're super good and I'll learn from them !

  • Hey Joker! Happy new year to you too 😁 I'll be lurking around a bittt here and there :)

  • I definitely look at prestige levels, especially when playing killer. Seeing a person with a prestige level of 100 makes me immediately nope out of a lobby and go find a different one.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Something I was thinking about reading posts and whatnot and people saying that they're being paired with people with stupid high prestiges (or going against them) and it made me realize...

    I don't think pre-match I've ever even bothered to look at the prestige levels of my opponents. With the Bloodweb system taking forever, I load into a match and immediately go into the bloodweb and start spending like crazy. So I don't ever see what level anyone I am with or against is at...

    Currently I just spend BP to spend BP and don't focus on any particular character (basically whoever I'm playing as is the one getting leveled up at the time) as I don't worry all that much about what Prestige I'm at either.

    So I'm just curious if I'm the weird one or if others don't even look at Prestige levels

    Personally I hate how the prestige systems just allows for people to dodge lobbies so much to the point where it takes 30 minutes just to play 1 game that will last either 5-10 minutes max