Are there any plans for this with the devs?

Are there any plans to stop punishing players for DCs and AFK killers?


I talked about this issue when fellow survivors DC from the match, but I just had an AFK killer. Obviously all we could do was do gens, then I cleansed a few totems, opened chests and opened an exit gate to leave.


I depipped. This happens when other survs DC too. I had a game where two survs DCed almost immediately and one killed themselves on hook. Because I couldn’t do anything that whole match and I died I depipped.


How is it fair for that or an AFK killer to drop our pips when we can’t do anything to get chase or altruism points? I’m not asking for free pips here but shouldn’t we at least get a safety pip out of it? This seems really unfair towards players who are actually trying to play the game.

Comments

  • @Sycamore said:

    You can't force players to play a game they are not enjoying.

    Did you even read my post? I don’t care about players playing or not playing, that’s their business. Nothing in my post suggests trying to force people to play anything.


    EYE just don’t want to be punished for it. So again, if players decide to DC, or killers go AFK the entire match, I don’t understand why we can’t get an automatic safety pip. It’s not giving us anything for free, it just keeps us from losing the ones we already earned because of other players actions.

  • why does a pip even matter?? you can just play another match.

  • Pips are no longer tied to rank so pipping is a luxury that only helps you get more bloodpoints on the 13th.

    They are not going to do anything about this.

    Calling out Mandy is not the right approach to basically a non-issue. She has better things to do.

  • @Sycamore said:

    You can't force players to play a game they are not enjoying.

    This argument is so dumb. They don't have to play, but when you queue up you are commiting to the game and deserve to be punished for leaving.

  • Pips are not really that hard to gain but saying that tho they probably could turn off pip progression if any dc happens. This would probably be the best solution even tho some players would complain about it still

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289584#Comment_3289584

    This argument is so dumb. They don't have to play, but when you queue up you are commiting to the game and deserve to be punished for leaving.

    While this is true and I agree, you can't force players to play. Doesn't have to mean to DC - players can just not play in other ways: AFK, throw pallets, jump in and out of lockers, etc.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    Pips are not really that hard to gain but saying that tho they probably could turn off pip progression if any dc happens. This would probably be the best solution even tho some players would complain about it still


    I would be fine with this.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289886#Comment_3289886

    While this is true and I agree, you can't force players to play. Doesn't have to mean to DC - players can just not play in other ways: AFK, throw pallets, jump in and out of lockers, etc.

    And this is a problem that should be looked at by the devs, imagine if reporting for sabotage got people banned. If you directly dc suspensions should rack up into a ban real quick. suiciding on hook should be removed unless you have deli and if you get reported often you get banned. EVERY OTHER GAME WITH A PLAYER BASE DOES THIS. I see all of these arguments like "the game will die if people can't get out when they want to" and "You can't force people to stay in the game". The first one is just flat out wrong and the second one is correct but they should not be allowed to queue up again as a repeat offender. People who disagree with me have never played another online pvp game and have 0 idea what they are talking about. I have a lot of opinions on balance but this is simple, easy to fix and not subjective. I want real games and when I log on to play for the first time in a week and the person running full meta with a purple med-kit and anti hem dc on first down without even knowing what I have (even though I am running only shadowborne bbq and no add-ons as blight) I turn off the game right after I am done essentially doing work because I am having 0 fun now and neither are any of the survivors left.

    It's fine for something like cod or battlefield to not have penalties because in the game you can hard carry the team to victory, sometimes having one less body to feed is a good thing. But in dbd, league or ow where not having another person is always worse, it's unacceptable. It's really telling of the players on this forum with how many people defend it.

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    Are there any plans to stop punishing players for DCs and AFK killers?

    I talked about this issue when fellow survivors DC from the match, but I just had an AFK killer. Obviously all we could do was do gens, then I cleansed a few totems, opened chests and opened an exit gate to leave.

    I depipped. This happens when other survs DC too. I had a game where two survs DCed almost immediately and one killed themselves on hook. Because I couldn’t do anything that whole match and I died I depipped.

    How is it fair for that or an AFK killer to drop our pips when we can’t do anything to get chase or altruism points? I’m not asking for free pips here but shouldn’t we at least get a safety pip out of it? This seems really unfair towards players who are actually trying to play the game.

    DCers, AFKers, people who refuse to play the game and instead stealth the entire match while avoiding crows to be annoying.

    Once we have bots, there needs to be a timer to replace inactive or non-participating players.

  • @Sycamore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3290146#Comment_3290146

    If they start paying their players, then they could "punish" players for not contributing, but they don't - and their not gonna, that would be dumb.

    It's a video game, and this whole "Everyone needs to play my way so MY fun criteria is met!" logic is childish. It's a video game, and not even a competitive one, people are going to go into a match under the expectation they are going to have fun, and when they don't - you can't force them to continue playing. They've added DC penalties, and then players found other ways to quit the game - be it suiciding on hook, sabotaging the game, or simply going AFK. Hell some just take the DC penalty, 5-15 minutes isn't that big of a deal with they can just do something else for that time.

    You can't force players to play a game they don't want to play, and if players are not enjoying the game - the game needs to improve, forcing players to play instead will just make the community more toxic, and both will push players away.

    They are coming out with bots. I wouldn't be surprised if when bots come in the game DC penalties are removed. It would be even better that they set it up so when someone dc's from the game the players in the game don't get any kind of notification. They won't even know they are facing a bot other then the characters playstyle suddenly changes.

    Play your way? Sure.

    Refuse to play and deliberately waste the time of 4 other people? If that's your definition of 'fun' then hell no.

    These are people the game is better off without.

  • @Sycamore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3290146#Comment_3290146

    If they start paying their players, then they could "punish" players for not contributing, but they don't - and their not gonna, that would be dumb.

    It's a video game, and this whole "Everyone needs to play my way so MY fun criteria is met!" logic is childish. It's a video game, and not even a competitive one, people are going to go into a match under the expectation they are going to have fun, and when they don't - you can't force them to continue playing. They've added DC penalties, and then players found other ways to quit the game - be it suiciding on hook, sabotaging the game, or simply going AFK. Hell some just take the DC penalty, 5-15 minutes isn't that big of a deal with they can just do something else for that time.

    You can't force players to play a game they don't want to play, and if players are not enjoying the game - the game needs to improve, forcing players to play instead will just make the community more toxic, and both will push players away.

    They are coming out with bots. I wouldn't be surprised if when bots come in the game DC penalties are removed. It would be even better that they set it up so when someone dc's from the game the players in the game don't get any kind of notification. They won't even know they are facing a bot other then the characters playstyle suddenly changes.

    1. I don't think you read my post in it's entirety
    2. I am not asking you to play my way, I am asking you to play the game. If you actually read my post and you don't agree you have never played another online pvp game. Or you just want the freedom to dc whenever you don't think you are going to win.
  • 9 out of 10 times they dc cause they got down quickly.

    "IM nOt hAvINg fUn"....why cause u not winning? Stop covering for these weaklings who rage quit. Ruin the game for everybody!!