Something Has To Be Done About Bubba's Ability To Prevent Unhooks

Bubba's ability to facecamp is a relic from a long-past era of DBD. Something needs to be done about this. Almost every single Leatherface plays this way and it is beyond frustrating to get 3K BP through no fault of your own.

Likewise, this strategy is viable. It isn't like you'd be throwing to attempt this. You can get consistent 3K's even if Survivors correctly counter you.

If locker saves are being removed because they remove Killer agency and feel unfair, Bubba's ability to facecamp needs to get yeeted into next week.

https://youtu.be/y5mBTNZP4v0


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268370#Comment_3268370

    On facevalue you are right, that was incredible rude and useless, but as OP and myself engage quite often on the forums and agree on quite some topics and the skill issue comment is a sort of fatalistic running joke here, I bet that OP got the joke without me putting "/s" front of my post.

    Ah okay, then that's my bad! Have a good one ^^

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268103#Comment_3268103

    1, it's not free by a very long shot. Changing it to 1 or 0 out is very simple - just get one during your NOED + NWO. And this still assumes optimal play from survivor side

    2, 2 out is not win or lost. It's a draw - and that is one of the worse results such a bubba can get

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268074#Comment_3268074

    So the counterplay is hoping bubba screws up. Looking at hook is so damn easy and still some bubbas fail in this regard. On the other hand missing that tiny time-window when flash save works is more probable then that. Overall locker saves were more fair then bubba camping basement (even if they were very unfair)

    Draw to who ? If the gates are opened and someone escape it is an happy ending for survivors :') what else do you want ? A 4 man escape ? Well you got to deserve that. Same as a 4k. Tunneling or camping can't give you 4k. Mindlessly doing 5 gens doesn't give a 4 man escape as well. You get caught = gitgud

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268370#Comment_3268370

    On facevalue you are right, that was incredible rude and useless, but as OP and myself engage quite often on the forums and agree on quite some topics and the skill issue comment is a sort of fatalistic running joke here, I bet that OP got the joke without me putting "/s" front of my post.

    I did :)

  • @Cyber_Atlas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268242#Comment_3268242

    Draw to who ? If the gates are opened and someone escape it is an happy ending for survivors :') what else do you want ? A 4 man escape ? Well you got to deserve that. Same as a 4k. Tunneling or camping can't give you 4k. Mindlessly doing 5 gens doesn't give a 4 man escape as well. You get caught = gitgud

    1 out means survivors won? Then all I say 1K is killer's win and devs have to adjust balance so that average kill rate is 12,5% to reflect this. Then GIT GUT for you!

    And in fact 1K being killer's win is only logical. You would not call it you won the trial if you or any of your friends died in a process. So new kill rate for balance 0.5 per game on average

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3266482#Comment_3266482

    That's....not how that works.

    There's a certain amount of coordination required to win against a facecamping bubba. He doesn't need to do anything except sit there and look pretty and bring a good build.

    In order to beat the Bubba in the gideo in my post, we need to do the following:

    Run Gen rush perks.

    Have Reassurance or Kinship and pray that whoever has it doesn't get hooked first, like I did.

    Run chase perks to extend the down.

    Immediately assume he's going to camp.

    Immediately run towards the Killer because of Corrupt so we can immediately start on gens.

    Start 4 different gens.

    Work around dead lock.

    Bait out NWO and hide for 40 seconds.

    Successfully open a door and escape, even though he could see both doors.

    That's an insane amount of coordination to ask of four random players who don't know what they're getting into.

    Why wouldn't you want to reward Killers for more skill-based gameplay? Why are you okay with people putting in a minimum amount of effort and getting a better result than someone who shows more skill? Shouldn't we change it to reward skilled plays and disincentivise stuff like this? How wouldn't that be a positive change?

    I have to take a break from reading this thread, but I want to commend you on how well you're handling yourself. You're sticking to the topic and not responding to petulance with petulance.

    Of course, since I'm stopping here, I'm not sure what future (past? Back to the Future?) Pulsar has said lol You might've lost your temper and gone off on someone. But from what I've read so far, I just want to commend you. If I were a guy and I had a hat, I'd tip it to you. So best I can offer is a "Good day, sir."

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268394#Comment_3268394

    No it does not. Survivors can do things, but if bubba does not do bad (watching outside of his hook, survivor missing timing), then there is exactly nothing you can do.

    Do you understand what you just said? You are annoyed that you can't stop Bubba *regardless of how he plays* ?


    That's not counterplay. You just want to be able to stop him so there's nothing he can do about it.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268397#Comment_3268397

    Do you understand what you just said? You are annoyed that you can't stop Bubba *regardless of how he plays* ?

    That's not counterplay. You just want to be able to stop him so there's nothing he can do about it.

    No. Bubba that knows what to do gives precisely absolutely and literally 0 possibilities for survivor.

    For newer bubbas, you can try to make him go overheat. You can distract him. You can make him chase you and hit something. But there is precisely nothing you can do to bubba, that is not new and wants to camp that survivor. 0% chance for success.

    And if your next argument is that so it's not easy - then so is getting good timing on locker save.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3268949#Comment_3268949

    No. Bubba that knows what to do gives precisely absolutely and literally 0 possibilities for survivor.

    For newer bubbas, you can try to make him go overheat. You can distract him. You can make him chase you and hit something. But there is precisely nothing you can do to bubba, that is not new and wants to camp that survivor. 0% chance for success.

    And if your next argument is that so it's not easy - then so is getting good timing on locker save.

    A person that plays PERFECTLY should get the win every time. That's the same reasoning we use for everything. That's what playing correctly means.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269163#Comment_3269163

    A person that plays PERFECTLY should get the win every time. That's the same reasoning we use for everything. That's what playing correctly means.

    So write that to devs so locker saves will remain in the game....

    No it's not about doing something dificult. It's about staying on single spot and ignoring everything until you don't. Why is 1 thing fair and anothet not? I will tell you why. Because one of the thing helps survivors and that is obviously forbidden. Only killers are allowed to have unfairly easy things going for them

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Start by quitting the meta perks, go with something like Kindred, DS, Diversion, Reassurance or Kinship. I have triced a camping bubba more then once with a setup like that. Or Run with perks like Distortion and get a less noisy survivor to avoid getting caught in the first place.

    Also if you cant loop him well enough, replace Adrenaline with Lithe (or another perk that helps you get distance).

    Also a facecamping killer is loosing so much on that tactic, if the team knows what goes on (Kindred) and know how to counter this. (To rush gens). A facecamping killer should loose at least 3 gens on 1 hook camping, and if you looped him just for a bit, he should have lost 1-3 already.

    Drag time as much as you can by doing all skill checks, even if no one is comming to get you, If you give up on the hook or DC you reward this playstyle.

    Bubbas chanisaw is fine as it is, 2k is a draw, and i doubt he gets more than a 2k from that match.. unless the team really messes things up.

    You are not entitled to an eascape.

    Cool

    This doesnt help the person being camped

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269224#Comment_3269224

    So write that to devs so locker saves will remain in the game....

    No it's not about doing something dificult. It's about staying on single spot and ignoring everything until you don't. Why is 1 thing fair and anothet not? I will tell you why. Because one of the thing helps survivors and that is obviously forbidden. Only killers are allowed to have unfairly easy things going for them

    Yes, yes. The devs clearly hate Survivors. That is why flashlight saves were just buffed.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269287#Comment_3269287

    Yes, yes. The devs clearly hate Survivors. That is why flashlight saves were just buffed.

    Buff? I don't see any buff. All I see is adjustment. Remove locker saves (even legit ones not just 2 people with flashlight waiting in lockers next to each other) for adding time-window for less experienced players. That's adjustment. Or nerf-buff if you really want.

    Also did you notice silent removal of a lot (and I don't mean 1 or 2) of pallets in eerie of crows? So clearly devs do not prefer killers at this point. /s

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269811#Comment_3269811

    Buff? I don't see any buff. All I see is adjustment. Remove locker saves (even legit ones not just 2 people with flashlight waiting in lockers next to each other) for adding time-window for less experienced players. That's adjustment. Or nerf-buff if you really want.

    Also did you notice silent removal of a lot (and I don't mean 1 or 2) of pallets in eerie of crows? So clearly devs do not prefer killers at this point. /s

    They literally increased the window of opportunity to perform normal flashlight saves. They are super easy now, barely an inconvenience.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269835#Comment_3269835

    They literally increased the window of opportunity to perform normal flashlight saves. They are super easy now, barely an inconvenience.

    Reread. Nerfbuff. Adjustment

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269347#Comment_3269347

    But that is exactly what it does, try looking the perks up.

    Also as i said, you are not entitled to an escape, the optimal match will be 2dead and 2escapes.

    so why are killers entitled to a kill? why the double standard?

  • It's a buff. It WAS harder to do. Now it is EASIER to do. That's a buff.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270045#Comment_3270045

    It's a buff. It WAS harder to do. Now it is EASIER to do. That's a buff.

    You mean to say locker saves will still work? Because I read they will work no longer. So again. What buff? I see only adjustment

  • To me it looks like the first quote says " "normal" flashlight saves " or something like that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If you read what i actually said, 2k and 2e is a draw and the optimal game.

    Whats double standard about a draw exactly?

    It sounds more like self entitlement to a 4 escape on your part really.

    It may be a draw when looking at it from a wide angle

    But if you really think about it, theres also a person for each Survivor. There is nothing fair for that one person being facecamped to death by a killer like Bubba where theres basically no chance of getting off that hook.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270142#Comment_3270142

    if you want fair, i can suggest games like CoD.

    The killers job is to klll you by all means.

    I still dont understand whats the double standard in a draw?

    And its a games job to be enjoyable, thats what people play games for

    There are plenty of ways to make a game still feel fair while not hampering the viability and enjoyment of something

    also the double standard isnt about a 2k 2e being fair/unfair. Its a killer who feels as if their entitled to a kill just because they got a single down, when in reality it should only be 1/3 of it.

    Its the equivalent of Survivors basically getting a free escape the moment the exit gates are powered if they still had their DS and Unbreakable up. As a killer did your job correctly and yet youre getting robbed with literally no option other than watching the Survivor slowly crawl out. But thats not a thing anymore. But Survivors having to watch a Bubba stare at them on the hook knowing they cant do a damn thing about it is still very much present

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270070#Comment_3270070

    You mean to say locker saves will still work? Because I read they will work no longer. So again. What buff? I see only adjustment

    Did you not read the patch notes that buffed actual, normal, flashlight saves?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270154#Comment_3270154

    I answered this 2 pages ago in this very thread.

    Survivors can do the exact same, i have seen swfs with 4x sabo, 4x flashies, 4x boil over. where the killer can not get a hook, no matter how well they play. Should sabo, flashlights and boil over be removed too? because that is just as unfair.

    i knew youd pull the whataboutism card

    I dont think these are fine either

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270101#Comment_3270101

    Did you not read the patch notes that buffed actual, normal, flashlight saves?

    No. I did not. I saw 2 posts that made 2 adjustments. 1, locker save for safety window 2, larger safety window for server side validation (meaning the time-window is effectively same). So again. What buff?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270258#Comment_3270258

    You said "And its a games job to be enjoyable, thats what people play games for"

    And im repeating a comment from 2 pages ago, because apperently you didnt read it or forgot about it.

    Its not about whatsaboutism, its about balancing the game, if you nerf one side with out nerfing the other, it will just get more unbalanced.

    Why are you arguing so bad about 1 side should get nerfed ? should we not make a thread about ALL the things that are needed to make this fair and balanced?

    I think im the only survivor that i have seen here, that are saying that i want both sides to get balanced, 99% of the complains on theese forum is "Do not buff the enemy, buff us" or "Nerf the enemy but not us" and to be hornest, its really childish.

    Lets work together and try to get a good game that is fun and balanced for both sides to play.

    Yes, it is about whataboutism. You mentioned a completely different issue as a counter argument.

    I dont care what side an issue is on, I just want this game to be as fun and enjoyable as possible

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270222#Comment_3270222

    No. I did not. I saw 2 posts that made 2 adjustments. 1, locker save for safety window 2, larger safety window for server side validation (meaning the time-window is effectively same). So again. What buff?

    They buffed the window for flashlight saves. No longer requiring that pinpoint exact timing to blind the killer. Flashlights were buffed.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270281#Comment_3270281

    They buffed the window for flashlight saves. No longer requiring that pinpoint exact timing to blind the killer. Flashlights were buffed.

    Ah so removing locker saves did not happen. Got you. Or actually it did! What a shocker. You still did not notice that part. Go read those patch notes again

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270778#Comment_3270778

    Ah so removing locker saves did not happen. Got you. Or actually it did! What a shocker. You still did not notice that part. Go read those patch notes again

    I didn't say the locker removal didn't happen. I said that flashlight saves were buffed, after you claimed the devs favor killers by never doing anything for survivors - which they just did.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270808#Comment_3270808

    I didn't say the locker removal didn't happen. I said that flashlight saves were buffed, after you claimed the devs favor killers by never doing anything for survivors - which they just did.

    so you ignored what I said. From the very start I said they ADJUSTED how flashlights work. I specifically mentioned nerf-buff. Yet you decided to ignore what I wrote just to disagree with me. I am done with you

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270840#Comment_3270840

    so you ignored what I said. From the very start I said they ADJUSTED how flashlights work. I specifically mentioned nerf-buff. Yet you decided to ignore what I wrote just to disagree with me. I am done with you

    Adjustments that are improvements... are called.... wait for it... BUFFS.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270847#Comment_3270847

    Adjustments that are improvements... are called.... wait for it... BUFFS.

    Adjustments that are nerf AND buff. Are NOT called buffs. They are called adjustments. Maybe QOL (but this case does not really apply). You can call 1 part of it buff. IDK how you can call disabled locker saves survivor buff.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270939#Comment_3270939

    Adjustments that are nerf AND buff. Are NOT called buffs. They are called adjustments. Maybe QOL (but this case does not really apply). You can call 1 part of it buff. IDK how you can call disabled locker saves survivor buff.

    Because a locker save is not the same as a pickup save.


    You are trying to act like they are the same thing.


    In the wild, killer downed survivors being picked up flashlight saves were buffed. PERIOD. No "adjustment". Buffed. The lockers have nothing to do with it.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270974#Comment_3270974

    Because a locker save is not the same as a pickup save.

    You are trying to act like they are the same thing.

    In the wild, killer downed survivors being picked up flashlight saves were buffed. PERIOD. No "adjustment". Buffed. The lockers have nothing to do with it.

    And when you save from locker. You do it with what? I thought usual case was beamer (but sure enough - I have seen flashbang or crackers before). Would you also say that saving when killer grabs someone is also no longer flashlight save? Because AFAIK you still need to use one of items that "can create light".

    Bah. But why am I even trying? You will find another reason how "you are right". I am out of this thread now.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270995#Comment_3270995

    And when you save from locker. You do it with what? I thought usual case was beamer (but sure enough - I have seen flashbang or crackers before). Would you also say that saving when killer grabs someone is also no longer flashlight save? Because AFAIK you still need to use one of items that "can create light".

    Bah. But why am I even trying? You will find another reason how "you are right". I am out of this thread now.

    Again, you keep bringing up the locker save which has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Bubba's ability to facecamp is a relic from a long-past era of DBD. Something needs to be done about this. Almost every single Leatherface plays this way and it is beyond frustrating to get 3K BP through no fault of your own.

    Likewise, this strategy is viable. It isn't like you'd be throwing to attempt this. You can get consistent 3K's even if Survivors correctly counter you.

    If locker saves are being removed because they remove Killer agency and feel unfair, Bubba's ability to facecamp needs to get yeeted into next week.

    https://youtu.be/y5mBTNZP4v0

    Bubba is made to camp and ruin everyone's experience, who will I play if they take this away??? /s

  • @roundpitt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354632/something-has-to-be-done-about-bubbas-ability-to-prevent-unhooks

    Bubba is made to camp and ruin everyone's experience, who will I play if they take this away??? /s

    Idk probably forever legion or something

1 2 3 ›