A perfect example of the phrase "We take those"

Comments

  • A well-rounded game then ! haha

    Mine was getting the "3 survivors hooked in the basement at the same time" achievement after hooking the same AFK player twice on basement hooks.

  • Also quick note, please for the love of God, BHVR, Please either do not patch whatever bug causes this, or stop making challenges like this, they're dumb and aren't challenges based on player skill but rather on the skill level of the entire team, which is really dumb considering the average skill level of soloQ survivors

  • And what exactly is the point of this Thread? You dont have to survive the Trial yourself, you just have to be alive while others are escaping. So you can be struggling on the Hook in second Stage while your team abandons you, you will still get the Challenge.

    Or am I missing something completely?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    And what exactly is the point of this Thread? You dont have to survive the Trial yourself, you just have to be alive while others are escaping. So you can be struggling on the Hook in second Stage while your team abandons you, you will still get the Challenge.

    Or am I missing something completely?

    That makes sense ! I think the point is that when reading the challenge, one might spontaneously misunderstand and think you need to escape as well. That's definitely what I thought when reading it !

    So it is a bit fun seeing that they died but the challenge saying "survive" was still completed. =)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    And what exactly is the point of this Thread? You dont have to survive the Trial yourself, you just have to be alive while others are escaping. So you can be struggling on the Hook in second Stage while your team abandons you, you will still get the Challenge.

    Or am I missing something completely?

    ohhhhh so that's what happened, i thought you had to also escape after 2 other survivors escape, I thought it bugged lol

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    And what exactly is the point of this Thread? You dont have to survive the Trial yourself, you just have to be alive while others are escaping. So you can be struggling on the Hook in second Stage while your team abandons you, you will still get the Challenge.

    Or am I missing something completely?

    I've actually never interpreted "survive" as "remain in the Trial" while the others escape but rather "survive" as "escape as well" while the others escape.

    If that's the case, that's poor wording once again.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256906#Comment_3256906

    That makes sense ! I think the point is that when reading the challenge, one might spontaneously misunderstand and think you need to escape as well. That's definitely what I thought when reading it !

    So it is a bit fun seeing that they died but the challenge saying "survive" was still completed. =)

    @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256906#Comment_3256906

    I've actually never interpreted "survive" as "remain in the Trial" while the others escape but rather "survive" as "escape as well" while the others escape.

    If that's the case, that's poor wording once again.

    Yeah, it is "survive while". So you just have to be alive while others are escaping.

    @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256906#Comment_3256906

    ohhhhh so that's what happened, i thought you had to also escape after 2 other survivors escape, I thought it bugged lol

    Honestly, I dont mind those challenges. But they would be a real pain if you would have to survive yourself. Because not only do you have to hope that others escape earlier, but you would make it out yourself. I am glad that it is not working like that.

  • I also got that challenge by being abandoned to die on hook. It was a pleasant surprise when it completed.

  • I once finished one of the "survive while X survivors escape" challenge in the most unlikely way: by making a dumb missplay and getting sacrificed during the EGC.

    While The Entity was busy with stabbing and impaling my poor body and not yet claimed its piece of my soul, I was still very much alive in the games code and got full credit for my bravery.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/353909/a-perfect-example-of-the-phrase-we-take-those

    I once finished one of the "survive while X survivors escape" challenge in the most unlikely way: by making a dumb missplay and getting sacrificed during the EGC.

    While The Entity was busy with stabbing and impaling my poor body and not yet claimed its piece of my soul, I was still very much alive in the games code and got full credit for my bravery.

    I did this too. 😂

  • I knew that I couldn't be alone in my strange ways ;D

  • TBH, knowing Yun-Jin's main thing is literally how she will sacrifice others to save herself, IU wonder how this challenge is even a thing.

    It would make more sense for it to be in reverse... but I suppose people hate that kind of player so it wouldn't be good... even though we already have several gamethrowing Survivor challenges.

  • I remember being on hook and the three troll team-mates I had who sandbagged me, were all rapid tbagging in the exit gate area because they weren't gonna unhook me. They left just as I ran out of struggle but I still got the challenge completed in that split second so I was smiling. My first game after selecting the challenge

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/353909/a-perfect-example-of-the-phrase-we-take-those

    I once finished one of the "survive while X survivors escape" challenge in the most unlikely way: by making a dumb missplay and getting sacrificed during the EGC.

    While The Entity was busy with stabbing and impaling my poor body and not yet claimed its piece of my soul, I was still very much alive in the games code and got full credit for my bravery.

    Another perfect example of the phrase “We take those”

  • In terms of 'accidentally completing a challenge despite losing', I managed to get the "Steal 6 void energy from the killer by stunning them" challenge in one take, purely because Deathslinger decided to camp and tunnel me out from the start.

    Grabbed 3 energy from a gen before he found, downed and hooked me. Got rescued, tunnelled, and DS'd 3 void energy back. Next down he failed to get e to a hook and I wiggled off, netting my second 3 void energy, before he picked me up and hooked my last hook.