Camp Camp Camp
I swear, I really am trying as a new player not to be judgmental but why is there no penalty for camping?
I'm not saying severe but at least something. It's so dumb learning and leveling and trying to get new ranks just to be shut down because all a killer has to do is camp one by one. It just makes me want to stop playing because I run in to that almost every game. I can sit there on the hook and watch the killer stand there, or be trying to save someone and see them just standing there.
Yes, I know, "if they are camping just get gens". I agree but that won't work. If in a group, yeah sure, but if in randoms and can't talk, no one knows what anyone is doing. I'm not sure exactly but I think it was 80 seconds to get a gen solo and 120 seconds you can survive on the hook (first time no bleeds).
So lets assume there was a group getting a gen at the start, happens a lot. We'll say 4 generators left, 360 seconds. To kill all four people (excluding hunting just for simple numbers) you're looking at 480 seconds to kill everyone in a camp.
That gives you just over 1 minute to get every generator, but wait, lets add on the exit (20 seconds) which means you have exactly 60 seconds of spare time.
Now, I said all that not to sounds uppity, I'm not, I'm new please correct anything. I just mentioned it to lead into my fix idea.
My Idea (Please comment as you please):
Debuff the Killer and Buff the survivors:
- Once a killer places a survivor on a hook there will be a 5 second delay before the following actions are applied
No-Camping Aura: After 5 seconds an aura will form around the hooked survivor. Any time the killer enters this aura while it is active they will suffer a 6% movement debuff which will only be removed after 1 second of stepping out of the aura or by the following.
- The survivor has been removed from the hook by another survivor, by means of self removal, or by death. The aura effect lingers for 1 second after any of these conditions are met.
Generator Boost Aura: A boost to all generators will be given any time the No-Camping Aura is applied to the killer but is removed any time the debuff is not on the killer.
1. While Generator Boost Aura is active all generators will repair 10% quicker and stacking .5% for every second the killer has the No-Camping debuff. This stacking buff will reset back to 10% each time the No-Camping debuff resets. Generator Boost Aura also will drop to 0% any time there is another survivor in the No-Camping Aura which would typically signify a save attempt in progress.
Yes, there's some flaws to work out here, I just thought of and typed this out quickly after yet another camping match where I get little BP and the killer gets tons of BP just for standing there.
This is my idea though and there's a lot of ways to play with it. Adjusting movement debuff, adjusting either Aura, adjusting range of Aura or maybe even instead of a generator boost while the Killer is within range the survivor takes no infestation or whatever so if you stand there, they will never die and you can either keep standing until everyone else escapes or go be a real killer.
Comments
Your suggestion was fine to new comers
Camping is already punishable. Rush gens, problem solved. Camping already takes so long that the Survivors can rush gens and leave.
They dc already after one hook lol
English please.
Unoriginal complaints get unoriginal responses.
You complained that OP's complaint was not being addressed in an original manner. I merely pointed out that this complaint has been addressed multiple times already, and thus doesn't warrant an original response.
If you'd complained that OP's complaint was not being addressed at all, you might have had a point, but you weren't, so you don't.
If the Killer is camping, do generators. Don;t try to save your teammate. This will ensure that the Killer is wasting their time. And if you are the one being camped and, especially if they are face camping, hold out as long as possible. Waste their time so your team can get things done.
Now, this doesn't always work, as their are Hook Vultures who will dive the hook for those sweet Altruism points and then just leave you to get tunneled down. Or they might sit around waiting for the killer to leave, wasting everyone's time because nothing is happening except everyone watching you die.
lmao. better for tunneling. i got to rank 3 and all i saw was tunneling. lotsa fun though, really.
loop, loop, loop
EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Bungie hell even Blizzard now!
A part of me died during that blizzcon.....
Kindred in the lower ranks is advised. It will help your team realize what they are up against and if they are smart they will prioritize doing generators.