So why do survivors not get punished for not leaving

What I mean is end game starts and your at the exit it full opened by the way so why not just leave. Everyone is alive and healthy your all at the exit so why not just leave oh I see because your teabagging...okay then why are you not being punished for not leaving or not doing anything. Simple if a teammate is injured usually you heal at the exit gate for bonus BP but why aren't survivors punished for not doing anything at the exit gate just standing there flashlight spamming or teabagging I would like to know why. A killer is punished for standing next to a survivor and not moving standing at the exit gate and not moving is basically the same thing so why aren't survivors punished for it a killer loses BP for it so survivors should get the same or something else.

Comments

  • @enormous_bruh_moment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239999#Comment_3239999

    ah yes, good ol' victim blaming.

    "such a minor thing"

    it's a waste of time. it's literally just survivors being ######### and holding the killer hostage in the game as long as they possibly can because they're petty and they want to gloat. if you don't give them the satisfaction, then they can keep you there for 2 extra minutes.

    you chase 3 out of one gate, the last 1 will be waiting at the other one for as long as possible.

    it would be a minor thing if it wasn't every single game.

    Wow two minutes...the exact amount of time I spend in the washroom...so just do that, lol

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240077#Comment_3240077

    Just hugging a survivor till they reach the inside of the exit gates for a free down sounds balanced

    As balanced as Boon totems.

  • @jamally093 said:

    What I mean is end game starts and your at the exit it full opened by the way so why not just leave. Everyone is alive and healthy your all at the exit so why not just leave oh I see because your teabagging...okay then why are you not being punished for not leaving or not doing anything. Simple if a teammate is injured usually you heal at the exit gate for bonus BP but why aren't survivors punished for not doing anything at the exit gate just standing there flashlight spamming or teabagging I would like to know why. A killer is punished for standing next to a survivor and not moving standing at the exit gate and not moving is basically the same thing so why aren't survivors punished for it a killer loses BP for it so survivors should get the same or something else.

    So the only reasons I stay is to wait for other survivors. If I need to go back after them. Sometimes your at the door and they are at another waiting on each other but we don’t know.. and sometimes I wait to give the killer my toolbox or whatever Im caring. I play killer on an every other basis.. one day killer one day survivor. Sometimes I hang out near the gate looking for totems etc.. a few extra points I can pick up in the end. Sometimes I have a challenge and have to wait for all survivors to leave before me. It’s not all cut and dry.

  • @jamally093 said:

    What I mean is end game starts and your at the exit it full opened by the way so why not just leave. Everyone is alive and healthy your all at the exit so why not just leave oh I see because your teabagging...okay then why are you not being punished for not leaving or not doing anything. Simple if a teammate is injured usually you heal at the exit gate for bonus BP but why aren't survivors punished for not doing anything at the exit gate just standing there flashlight spamming or teabagging I would like to know why. A killer is punished for standing next to a survivor and not moving standing at the exit gate and not moving is basically the same thing so why aren't survivors punished for it a killer loses BP for it so survivors should get the same or something else.

    Its really simple. Survivors don't leave because "WATCH ME LEAVE"

    As a killer main i feel your pain. there is nothing worse than getting into a game that your clearly to underskilled for, getting destroyed and you have to run between both gates chasing all 4 survivors out of the game because they refused to leave once the exit gates are opened.

    I would love to see a mechanic that had kinda like a base kit blood warden. It would activate for individual survivors who spend more than x amount of time past the exit gate. This would end once the survivor leaves the exit gates for x amount of time. This would at least allow the killer to actually punish those who refuse to leave a game that is already effectivly over.

    I think personally that End game needs to be re-looked at as its flawed in to many ways.

    if there are still gens to be done but one survivor left its an easy escape for the survivor who finds the hatch (last 3 games i had as killer the hatch spawned basicly under the survivor)

    The issue that OP mentioned about survivors just not leaving.

    And the fact that end game collapse lasts such a long time if someone is on the ground. Now im not a fan of mass slugging but sometimes if you down one person and another injured person is right erhe im gonna go for them but i often find the first one i downed then crawls away and i have to then wait for the entire slow end game colapse before the game ends. Followed up by being called a slugger despite them hiding so i couldnt pick them up.

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    Push them out and stop being baby about such minor thing

    It's survivors literally holding the game hostage and not participating in normal game play - clear rules violations.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Hold W / Push Forward on your stick and push them out.

    Survivors in the exit gate have effectively won except for some niche circumstances depending on the killer, why should they be punished? Killers are punished for camping because the game is currently on-going and it's anyones chance to make or break the trial, the comparison makes no sense.

    Killers are punished for camping?

  • If the gate(s) are opened and all 4 Survivors are there and healthy then leave... Why does the Killer need to do anything?

    Why give the Survivors more points... they won why would I (as a Killer) have anything to do with the Survivors (seems that they are safe and can leave anytime)

  • There are many ways to correct this type of situation:


    Make it so that if all remaining survivors are behind the exit doors and NONE of them are injured, they automatically exit ...

    Make it so that survivors cannot crouch behind the exit doors ...

    Another simple possibility is to make the start animation not start at the end of the game, but just after the door ...

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Just give us the perk "Just Leave": if a survivor crouches ìn the exit gates area more then two times per second, the Entity blocks the exit gates for them for 30s. If a survivor stands inside the exit gate area for more then 30s the Entity gives them the exposed status effect. If a survivor flashlight clicks more then 2 times out of the exit area the Entity knocks the item out of their hand and holds it in place for 30s"

    All not very strong effects and actually not worth a perk slot, but I guarantee that loads of killers will find a permanent place intheir loadouts for this perk, and the ensuring meta would quickly educate survivors about exit gate etiquette.

    I would pay for that perk. It'd be like lightborn or Franklin's, not a necessity when it comes to all builds for all killers. But would certainly help "discourage" certain types of behaviour from survivors.

  • When I play killer if I know the survivors are waiting at the gate I will just spam my killer power off somewhere else on the map or look for breakable walls/unbroken pallets to get more BP. The survivors usually get bored waiting for me to come to the gate so they can t-bag me and usually leave on their own before the timer expires.

  • @jamally093 said:

    What I mean is end game starts and your at the exit it full opened by the way so why not just leave. Everyone is alive and healthy your all at the exit so why not just leave oh I see because your teabagging...okay then why are you not being punished for not leaving or not doing anything. Simple if a teammate is injured usually you heal at the exit gate for bonus BP but why aren't survivors punished for not doing anything at the exit gate just standing there flashlight spamming or teabagging I would like to know why. A killer is punished for standing next to a survivor and not moving standing at the exit gate and not moving is basically the same thing so why aren't survivors punished for it a killer loses BP for it so survivors should get the same or something else.

    Wesker and Tombstone Piece Myers are the best for dealing with this.

    I agree that we need a perk to punish this specifically, however. Maybe something that activates 10 seconds after the exit gates are opened (so that it won't allow the killer to set up unwinnable plays like survivors could with old DS) blocks the exit gates for 15/20/25 seconds once the killer comes within 8m of an exit gate (8m so that survivors can't just wait until the second before the killer steps into the exit gates to run).

    I've got a game going right now where my Wraith is just sitting in the corner of the basement and has been for a couple of minutes after a decisive win.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Best exit gates interaction I ever had a with Pyramidhead. I interrupted the cheeky heal at the gates and dove between the survivors gathered there, but caught none.

    Turning around a Feng stood directly in front of me and gave me a somewhat polite t-bag (2 quick ones, not the full machine-gun t-bag) and then tried to run past me.

    As she was wounded I downed her and she crawled past me. But, being chad Pyramidhead I noticed the "Final Judgement" prompt and pressed it. Feng crossed the barrier into safety, but I was already locked in animation and prolly executed her behind the finish line.

    Maybe it was bugged, maybe it was a strange once in a million interaction and animation lock? But we both had a good laugh in the post game chat about it.

    I did something similar last year with Demogorgon. Used Blight Serum to catch up to a duo running for the gate after an unhook. STBFL to down a Jill. Had a Mori, started the kill. By the time the animation started, she was so far out the gate that Demo leaped fully past the barrier before starting its feast.

1 2 ›