Bugged Offerings Killswitched & 100k BP For Compensation (Code: THREEWITCHES)
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1582824702393069568?s=20&t=KtcfRQGlW0eJDQVu5N8HJw
I got nothing else to add to this one.
Comments
Pretty much ๐ฅบ
Very glad they killswitched them. I only wasted maybe 4 myself, but I kept having to warn people in endgame chat. Even saw a 4th year cake wasted ๐ช Lots of people like using double bloodpoint offerings during events and there was a lot of carnage. RIP in party streamers, I guess.
escaoe cakes are still active?
100k?
Well, better than nothing
This code came in just as I ran out of BP to get Call of Brine on Wesker.
Thanks for the save, BHVR.
As a "whole event Arcane Dowsing Rod enjoyer" I can say "oh nice, two average games worth of BP for free!", but for the players who lost loads and loads of flan and cake, this must feel like a slap in the face, like adding insult to injury, like thoroughly salting the gaping wound, Salt Bae style.
...
I can't imagine this is all that is going to be done, right? Like...we had messages on this forum talking about how these weren't working literally days ago and BHVRs fix is to give out 100,000 BP to people as an "Oopsy Poopsy, Sorry!!!" and only now kill switching them?
Thankfully I'm obviously on this forum a lot so I've known all about it but I'd be downright furious if I've been blowing Cakes/BPS this entire time only to now find out that they never worked so here's about two games worth of BP as a sorry.
I...I feel dirty posting a Holly pic here for this code but rules are rules...
Maybe Holly will make people who burned a bunch of BPS items feel a little better.
They still function for those who still have some saved (well, they functioned until recently due to the BP bug).
You'd think they would be able to run a query on their database, or whatever, for those offerings during the event and then simply reverse them. It can't be that hard, can it?
I didn't know there was an issue rip the handful of last year's event cakes.
At least they shut it off... eventually
I wouldn't say the 100k is necessarily compensation, nor that people won't get their offerings back. It looks like a 'sorry for the inconvenience while we investigate' 100k
Hope it is fixed soon luckily I only wasted one cake. But I though first the incentives were bugged as they vanish when you play one game and come back when you restart. But they actually do work even if they don't show in lobby screen.
Dang, I specifically didn't prestige my Blight before the big update cuz he had like 20+ Flans on him. 100k bloodpoints as an apology doesn't nearly cover how much BP I will need to get him to the prestige level he would have had. Sadness.
Three Witches? I hope they mean the Halliwell sisters.
At least people aren't wasting their flans anymore. I hated to see it.
That's what I'm hoping
Like I stated earlier, this doesn't affect me as I didn't use them knowing about the bug early due to the forum but I'd have to assume there's some way to fix this (either giving affected people BPS's back or something else to fix it)
100k ๐