Why devs don't play with the community ?
I mean most of the devs are are the best rank 15-13 and only @not_Queen is worth in them. So why devs don't play in rank 1 or even in rank 7 to see who the game is other wise we have killers like Legion and nerf to fredy.
Comments
yes i remeber
Maybe because they are WORKING on the game and don't have the time to waste on ranking up , and maybe they rather spend their free time on something else?
@BigBubs ok so how you know if this new thing you will add work in all ranks if you don't play the geme ?
They do just in their own personal time.
@not_Queen Streams on twitch on occasion she will play DbD with her viewers.
Mcote and McLean are also known to stream on twitch on occasion and play with them.
My advice is follow them on twitch and wait for them to have a play with viewers day.
Don't bother them about the game though as it is their personal time they choose to spend with us not on the clock...
Riiiiight
i don't think so they only see the stasts and they are bad not try to make the game fun for both sides
i see how the play and like a i said only @not_Queen is worth
They only need to play the game for 1-2 hour the game ever one or two days in mid rank 7+and beside if you don't play the game who you say " yes this is balance" or " This is fun for both sides" ?
Because the everlasting humiliation wouldn't be worth. Especially for rank 20's.
Probably has to do with the fact that the moment they do everyone will start to pester them about everything about the game, which will then spiral into a toxic cesspool of insults.
And just FYI, not many developers play their own games at a super high level. But that doesn't mean they don't understand it at that level, more that they just don't put in the time or effort to play that way. If they play the game they make it's going to be to have fun. I highly doubt any dev at BHVR would have fun playing with the community if people talk to them the way they do on the forums.
Ok let's say they need to have "know their customers are having fun" who they will do it by listening community in wicth survivors can be lounder. Oh i see they will use the data they have but wait those data are all wrong like the data that saw how many survivors get out alive. Thay need to play the game to know how it's work and what need to fix.
Who said anythink about know when and who plays the game ? They can play the game at any moment
how ?
Raw stats which means nothing since I can take the same raw stats on any other pvp online game and have the same results
Give more to newer players and less to experienced ones
But they don't take anythink away from the hight ranks every time they add new things for newer players the experienced ones exploit them as much they can
This is the core problem! *Clapclap*
And how to fix it play the game to see what you can do about it
Because the developers are garbage at their own game.
Last time Mathieu played with players, he got wrecked so hard that soon afterwards they nerfed flashlights. Ironically, killers had been complaining about flashlights since FOREVER prior to this. It seems Mathieu didn't know how bad it was until he EXPERIENCED it himself.
You don't even have to play when you have players REALLY experienced and that knows the game WAY better than you what's good and what's not about the game
Just take Marth88, look his YouTube channel and almost everything he says would be so good if taken accordingly. Do that since I would take 1hour writing about it
They have their vision of the game and at it's base it resonates with something in us.
If they would play the game, they would understand it better, what would help them approach obstacles within the game from a different point of view.
Thanks to amazing people like @not_Queen who collects and rephrase our complains, wishes and suggestion into a constructive message for the devs, like a interpreter, the game progress into a better future. The more they listen/have great community managers like @not_Queen and @Patricia our voice will get heard. Even the devs themselves are on this forum and try to learn from us directly like @Janick.
The problem is, the most of us fail to communicate in a constructive and reinforcing way, so after reading "toxic" and negative comments and topic about your beloved game over and over again you just give up, to protect yourself. DBD is like the child of BHVR and seeing it being bullied just hurts them.
@not_Queen understands that we as a community love the game and because we are so emotionally invested we sometimes fail to hit the right tone within our posts and comments. But this love and passion is why she describes us as an amazing community.
At this point, thank you to all the devs and supportive managers of BHVR!
Communication is everything. The more insight and clarity we have, the more we understand each other and can help each other.
Wish you all a great day and happy gaming!
I'm pretty sure Devs are playing this game on their private time. Some more, some less than the average player. And they probably watch streamers play, visit reddit and the forums etc.
It doesn't feel like they are detached from their playerbase.
Devs are grown ups with jobs. Probably don't want to spends loads of hours in their spare time what they work on all day.
Pretty much every studio employs play testers.
They need to play for 1-2 houre one every day or two
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11734/lets-play-killer-day-for-the-developers
what ?
Because McColte could get hit by reality once again, and buff killers.
I see you are new here, buddy.
Devs are full of themselves and listen only to one part of the community (Freddy says hello). They are not objective by any means. You did not hear what they say to us, do you can't really tell.
When I was new, back on the beta, I thought of them just like you think of them now.
As someone who only started playing recently I don't know how killers stuck with the game with flashlights like that. I would have uninstalled and not looked back.
This is why the devs get ripped on in the forums. Who actually thought instablinds were a good idea?
Race car constructors are not required to do races as far as I know.
(stupid example but it works)
But race car constructors know how their cars works at least.
Some even stream it in their spare time. McLean, Mathieu, not_Queen, etc.
Hell, I even stop into the official Discord server and play some SWF with people whenever I get the chance, though I'm more the community team than a dev.
I think people get confused when someone says that the devs should play their own game.
Of course devs don't need to play their own game just like race car constructors don't do races. However, car constructors do have to make their product perfect or else their consumers will choose somebody else that does better job.
The problem is that there are not enough slasher type video games. This is almost the only game we have so they can say go and play civ 5 but after a couple of years later, there will be other games that the dbd players drawn to.
Before it is too late, they should get rid of their arrogant attitude and accept their mistakes. We were right when the spirit was released, I believe we are still right.
Last Year is coming, I'm looking forward to switch there from DbD, it looks way more polished and fun.
If it true i will like to know the rank in witch the play ( e.g.mostof the are around rank 10 and same are rank 18 and 1)
Last Year makes playing perkless Legion against an ipothetical Depip Squad look fun, fair and balanced.
Don't know about Cote and Mclean but I know Not_Queen usually hits rank 1 as both killer and survivor every month.
If we've learned anything its that 4 people will eventually cheese the mechanics to bully the killer. DBD was no exception with flashlights, DS and sabo squads.
Somehow Bevhaviour seems to have pulled it off better than others despite how broken the game can be lol
Until one of the big devs takes a shot at this i.e Blizzard or someone then I don't think there is too much danger of a vastly more balanced rival coming out.
That even happens at rank 15
Thanks everyone

We are doing our best to be the voice between the community and the dev team.
Not an easy thing to do I have to admit but I have the chance to work with incredible and talented persons and because we are also sharing the same passion
On a personal note, I don't play DBD often outside of the office because when I have free time I want to do something else. Like I love drawing, playing guitar, be with my friends, movies or just being a potato couch in my pyjamas/pajamas?
Not because I don't love DBD, my heart and dedication remain to DBD
But sometimes it feels good to do something else when you are on the same project since 2015 for 40 hours a week.
Have a great day/night everyone
That is true, but it's a different matter. The point is that devs don't need to play at high ranks to do their work, since they have other means other than anectodal experience to evaluate the state of the game.
@Patricia How dare you have a life outside of work!
I stream and play the game often, a lot of people on the team do that too! Remember I was recruited as a fan of the game so obviously I am still a fan.
Devs are also gamers at heart, so we love playing new games, tabletop games or D&D! Some of us are PC gamers, some of us are console players, some of us both! There is all kind of people on our team.
Because they are very well aware how broken their game is and they dont want to be bullied by those "sweaty SWAT squads" (that actually dont exist
)