Sandbagging event?

I know, events bring out the worst, but it’s usually one side going hard against the other..


Today I’ve been left to die on hook on my first hook twice, left to go to second stage 5x… all the while I have kindred AND the killers were no where near me and were chasing someone else in all but one of those matches.


4 of these matches, a particular survivor would bring their chase to me even when there were pallets/jungle gyms much closer to them.. later I found out they each had bond.


I’m used to the killers going hard during these events but my luck today was rough with teammates.


how has your experiences been?

Comments

  • I'm about to get home and find out.... but I'm telling ya, last Halloween it wasn't so bad. But dang, the Anniversary Event for some reason really really brought out the bloodlust in people lol.

  • Survivors only get void energy from gens, pumpkins and stuns - gens being the most efficient way. They lose some void energy if they get downed by the killer. You also only get gen event points from being on the gen when it's completed.

    This event encourages survivors to stick to gens to not only earn what they need for void energy but also for event points AND it makes survivors do whatever they need to do to avoid the killer downing them so they don't lose progress they've made with collecting void energy.

    If the devs 1. Made it so every survivor still in the match received event BP whenever a gen was completed and 2. Removed the unnecessary stealing mechanic then survivors would probably be more willing to help teammates since they would still be getting BP and wouldn't need to worry about losing progress mid-match.

  • @bm33 said:

    Survivors only get void energy from gens, pumpkins and stuns - gens being the most efficient way. They lose some void energy if they get downed by the killer. You also only get gen event points from being on the gen when it's completed.

    This event encourages survivors to stick to gens to not only earn what they need for void energy but also for event points AND it makes survivors do whatever they need to do to avoid the killer downing them so they don't lose progress they've made with collecting void energy.

    If the devs 1. Made it so every survivor still in the match received event BP whenever a gen was completed and 2. Removed the unnecessary stealing mechanic then survivors would probably be more willing to help teammates since they would still be getting BP and wouldn't need to worry about losing progress mid-match.

    I'd been wondering why so many people have been left on hook today. This would explain a lot of it. Making the gen points behave more like the lunar new year generators would be a great decision, because I've seen some cases of probable gen sandbagging already.

  • I've had a lot of clueless teammates. Clueless to the point of throwing the game. Killers have been sweaty but that's nothing new.

  • @skylerbound said:

    I know, events bring out the worst, but it’s usually one side going hard against the other..

    Today I’ve been left to die on hook on my first hook twice, left to go to second stage 5x… all the while I have kindred AND the killers were no where near me and were chasing someone else in all but one of those matches.

    4 of these matches, a particular survivor would bring their chase to me even when there were pallets/jungle gyms much closer to them.. later I found out they each had bond.

    I’m used to the killers going hard during these events but my luck today was rough with teammates.

    how has your experiences been?

    I'm seeing a lot of survivors left on hooks today, sometimes from hook 1.

    That said, nothing will ever beat the shenanigans of last Christmas.

  • I don't know why the devs always let's one side deny the rewards of the others, killers could down and get point without stealing them, same time for pallet stunning.

  • Time to main monstrous shrine

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Dito175 said:

    I don't know why the devs always let's one side deny the rewards of the others, killers could down and get point without stealing them, same time for pallet stunning.

    That was my thought. The stealing mechanic is really unnecessary unless the killer tunnels you (and even then, getting 10 stuns on the killer and having the chance to deposit twice sounds... unlikely.) Both sides will fill up on void energy pretty early on in their objective.

    I remember them saying something last year about why the gens don't give points to everyone and why not every gen is an event gen (which they thankfully did not reimplement), and that being because their design philosophy for Halloween was kind of a competitive "fighting over candy" mindset, or something, and that they design Christmas events to be more everyone-gets-together-and-has-a-good-time. So the edgy behavior of the stealing mechanic might be intentional.

  • my killer games have been kind of nice, just double hook everyone and let them farm as i round around smashing pumpkins.

  • @Colton147147 said:

    All events are killer-sided.

    Bone Chill.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228083#Comment_3228083

    I'd been wondering why so many people have been left on hook today. This would explain a lot of it. Making the gen points behave more like the lunar new year generators would be a great decision, because I've seen some cases of probable gen sandbagging already.

    I've said that at every event since the Lunar event. The Lunar event is my favorite because it is the one that every gen/hook is an event one, the envelopes both the player that used an offering and the player that collects it get the event BP from it, for event cosmetics it doesn't matter if you live/die as a survivor just don't DC which is same as killer, and the only item is firecrackers so you get plenty of both the 1 item and 1 offering for the event. Also the envelopes appear at the start and are all collected fairly quick so there's no running around aimlessly looking for the thing needed to complete the event, just grab it and play normal. That event felt fair for both sides and I wish every event felt like that.

  • Lol, that is spot on. Nothing to do with the event, I had a match last night where two of the other three brought No Mither, and neither of them could loop. At all. One or the other of them was going down every 15-20 seconds or so. Unfortunately they were both running Boil Over as well, so this went on for a while (but not long enough for me to do all the gens alone), and the third didn't seem to recognize what was going on and kept dying trying to pick them up.

    It was...not fun. Thank god for hatch.


  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228186#Comment_3228186

    Lol, that is spot on. Nothing to do with the event, I had a match last night where two of the other three brought No Mither, and neither of them could loop. At all. One or the other of them was going down every 15-20 seconds or so. Unfortunately they were both running Boil Over as well, so this went on for a while (but not long enough for me to do all the gens alone), and the third didn't seem to recognize what was going on and kept dying trying to pick them up.

    It was...not fun. Thank god for hatch.

    Ashamed to admit that was almost me. My friend wanted to do duo no mither then bailed on me at the last second. Ending up looping the huntress for 4 gens before she gave up on hatchets and went full bloodlust 3. We ended up getting all 4 out despite my best efforts to get my friend killed in the endgame.

  • @Colton147147 said:

    All events are killer-sided.

    This event is most definitely not killer sided. You’re high. 😂😂😂