Im watching OG Freddy-Videos....

... and I would love to see a crossover between both Freddys.

Put into Dream as Ability together with Dream Projection would be really cool. Dream Snares and Pallets arent that nice, just do the mix of both and remove the ability to wake up via failing skill checks, instead let the clocks in the game. In the dreamworld , we could have Action speed penalty or hindered-effect like fully infected with Ourobouros for example to make the dreamworld a World you want to leave.

Man.... dreaming....

Comments

  • OG Freddy was garbage. Survivors exit your LOS for a split second and it reset your power bar. You literally had to pull survivors into the dream state to injure them.

  • OG Freddy pretty much recreated his personality.

    However, his abilities were not suitable for both Killer and Survivor in the course of the game.

    But is it true that the real reason he was changed was because Survivor did not search and try to understand Dreamworld? I heard rumors about that.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    OG Freddy was garbage. Survivors exit your LOS for a split second and it reset your power bar. You literally had to pull survivors into the dream state to injure them.

    OG Freddy had a single ability, which was to pull people into the dream world. They received a 50% disadvantage in action speed in said dream world and Freddy could see them anytime they were outside his TR. There was no power bar. And I am not sure what you mean by that LOS thing.

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211811#Comment_3211811

    OG Freddy had a single ability, which was to pull people into the dream world. They received a 50% disadvantage in action speed in said dream world and Freddy could see them anytime they were outside his TR. There was no power bar. And I am not sure what you mean by that LOS thing.

    It wasn't an instantaneous transition from awake to dreaming. You had to charge the meter to full to pull a survivor into the dream world, and if they left your LOS for even an instant during this, the meter would reset.

  • @fake said:

    OG Freddy pretty much recreated his personality.

    However, his abilities were not suitable for both Killer and Survivor in the course of the game.

    But is it true that the real reason he was changed was because Survivor did not search and try to understand Dreamworld? I heard rumors about that.

    I can't say how much of a factor it was, but yes, part of the reason he was changed was because his power's mechanics were unintuitive for Survivors that hadn't played as him/studied the wiki.

    ---

    As to the primary topic, I don't know what Freddy needs.

    I think his old power occasionally worked back then, if you played well. I personally had great success as Old Freddy, even against friends who were competent Survivors. But DbD is in a different place than it was back then.

    In the current meta, taking 7 seconds to pull people into a world you can hurt them in would be a BIG pain: enjoy everyone always being able to get a safe unhook withbuilt in BT without risk, to say nothing of powering through fast Medkit heals or Hyperfocus sped up gens.

    And the hit-and-run playstyle that Old Freddy excelled at has been dead ever since CoH came out.

    Current Freddy is competing for the dubious honor of being the worst Killer in the entire game, so I want to see some kind of adjustment.

    I just don't know if a return to his older mechanics is it.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211822#Comment_3211822

    It wasn't an instantaneous transition from awake to dreaming. You had to charge the meter to full to pull a survivor into the dream world, and if they left your LOS for even an instant during this, the meter would reset.

    You confused me so much that for a second I doubted my whole existence. It is true that the transition from being awake to dreaming was not instantaneous. I think it took about 7 seconds, but you could shorten the time further with addons. 

    To get survivors into the dream world, you simply pressed M2 in their direction. It's true that you needed LOS to do this, but once you had it, you could leave them immediately. There was nothing they could do to stop the process. Once they were in the dream world, they could wake up by failing skill checks or being awakened by non-sleeping survivors.  

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211819#Comment_3211819

    I can't say how much of a factor it was, but yes, part of the reason he was changed was because his power's mechanics were unintuitive for Survivors that hadn't played as him/studied the wiki.

    ---

    As to the primary topic, I don't know what Freddy needs.

    I think his old power occasionally worked back then, if you played well. I personally had great success as Old Freddy, even against friends who were competent Survivors. But DbD is in a different place than it was back then.

    In the current meta, taking 7 seconds to pull people into a world you can hurt them in would be a BIG pain: enjoy everyone always being able to get a safe unhook withbuilt in BT without risk, to say nothing of powering through fast Medkit heals or Hyperfocus sped up gens.

    And the hit-and-run playstyle that Old Freddy excelled at has been dead ever since CoH came out.

    Current Freddy is competing for the dubious honor of being the worst Killer in the entire game, so I want to see some kind of adjustment.

    I just don't know if a return to his older mechanics is it.

    I miss the days right after he was changed when most of the survivors were screaming for a nerf because he had the highest kill rate of all the killers.

    Eventually he was nerfed. Not only his own basic abilities, but most of his add-ons were trashed. (I remember when the developers said snare was the problem, but for some reason they nerfed Dream Palette as well.)


    More recently, the Ouroboros virus has two levels of infection. Dreamworld could also have two levels of tiers. I don't have any concrete ideas.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211822#Comment_3211822

    It wasn't an instantaneous transition from awake to dreaming. You had to charge the meter to full to pull a survivor into the dream world, and if they left your LOS for even an instant during this, the meter would reset.

    I'm not trying to be rude, but this is just false.

    Freddy didn't have a power meter or a charged ability, holding M2 unleashed an orange beam (that had orange scared faces) from his left hand that reached out a few meters (you could increase the range with add-ons, and the increased range was unironically quite good).

    Once the beam hit a Survivor's model they instantly began the transition to the Dream World: a process that took 7 seconds basekit.

    Freddy couldn't influence this transition whatsoever, barring a few add-ons that decreased or increased the transition time. You could immediately turn away and run to the opposite corner of the map after tagging the Survivor and they'd still end up in the Dream World - barring a failed skillcheck interrupting the transition and waking them up.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211835#Comment_3211835

    I miss the days right after he was changed when most of the survivors were screaming for a nerf because he had the highest kill rate of all the killers.

    Eventually he was nerfed. Not only his own basic abilities, but most of his add-ons were trashed. (I remember when the developers said snare was the problem, but for some reason they nerfed Dream Palette as well.)

    More recently, the Ouroboros virus has two levels of infection. Dreamworld could also have two levels of tiers. I don't have any concrete ideas.

    Yea, New Nightmare was pretty wild. And the Forever Freddy hate was a bit deserved.

    But all they really needed to do was let BT proc regardless of Terror Radius and make his slowdown add-ons not stack, then he would have been in a good spot. The rest of his kit was good, but not overtuned. A strong Killer that's also easy to pickup and play isn't a crime.

    Nerfing the dream pallets was a joke.

    Sleepiness progressing to a second and more dangerous state is a good idea, but I'm no better off than you on knowing what to do.

    Personally I'd say skillchecks and clocks would no longer wake up a Survivor in this second tier. Only being hooked or actively woken up by another Survivor would wake them. They'd also suffer a slight Hindered effect (2%) and more difficult skillchecks (think Doctor skillchecks).

    It'd encourage both gen jockey and chase oriented players to look for clocks pre-emptively, or force them to group up to cure the effect after getting afflicted. Both of which could be some nice passive slowdown.

    It would also help make his terrible skillcheck series of add-ons a bit less nonsensical and more meaningful.

    And add-ons could be reworked add some boosts to this second state too, maybe an Ultra Rare (hopefully the worthless mini- Bloodwarden one) could be reworked to give aura reading and a Very Rare could be reworked to give a (non-stacking) action speed debuff.

    Just an idea though. Who knows how that'd work in practice.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211822#Comment_3211822

    It wasn't an instantaneous transition from awake to dreaming. You had to charge the meter to full to pull a survivor into the dream world, and if they left your LOS for even an instant during this, the meter would reset.

    No, this is flat out wrong. I was a Freddy main back in 2018, and the dream transition only needed to touch a survivor to pull them into the dream world. It would even lock onto survivors that were behind walls (although it wouldn't put them to sleep without LOS first) which made Freddy the best killer to counter stealthy survivors, bar none but Doctor.

    Now once that transition started, there was a minimum time that you had to wait before you could hit a survivor (7 seconds at base) which is probably what you may be confusing this with. But this constant LOS condition is nonsense, pretty much the opposite.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211846#Comment_3211846

    Yea, New Nightmare was pretty wild. And the Forever Freddy hate was a bit deserved.

    But all they really needed to do was let BT proc regardless of Terror Radius and make his slowdown add-ons not stack, then he would have been in a good spot. The rest of his kit was good, but not overtuned. A strong Killer that's also easy to pickup and play isn't a crime.

    Nerfing the dream pallets was a joke.

    Sleepiness progressing to a second and more dangerous state is a good idea, but I'm no better off than you on knowing what to do.

    Personally I'd say skillchecks and clocks would no longer wake up a Survivor in this second tier. Only being hooked or actively woken up by another Survivor would wake them. They'd also suffer a slight Hindered effect (2%) and more difficult skillchecks (think Doctor skillchecks).

    It'd encourage both gen jockey and chase oriented players to look for clocks pre-emptively, or force them to group up to cure the effect after getting afflicted. Both of which could be some nice passive slowdown.

    It would also help make his terrible skillcheck series of add-ons a bit less nonsensical and more meaningful.

    And add-ons could be reworked add some boosts to this second state too, maybe an Ultra Rare (hopefully the worthless mini- Bloodwarden one) could be reworked to give aura reading and a Very Rare could be reworked to give a (non-stacking) action speed debuff.

    Just an idea though. Who knows how that'd work in practice.

    Hey, I quite like your idea!

    However, I was wondering if the microsleep gauge (stage 1) by passive can stay as it is, but the deep sleep gauge (stage 2) will progress faster within hearing of his lullaby? As long as he is not chasing. Also, if hooked, he wakes up as well as in microsleep.


    Or maybe a survivor in deep sleep can be awakened by a clock, but add some randomness like a reverse bear trap. I would like to see a tease if it was a fake clock, like the joke Freddy was in the movie before it was remade. However, I do not strongly request this idea as it could create a difference between Solo and SWF.

  • Ah, but OG Freddy is also sorry for suggesting Freddy's rework in the discussion.

  • Reworked Freddy is better than OG one in every way.

  • @Norhc said:

    Reworked Freddy is better than OG one in every way.

    In terms of balance? Yes

    In terms of being a fun and unique killer? absolutely not

  • Bring back original Freddy and just give him QoL changes, like being able to interact with survivors that perform an action. That was his biggest Problem. Survivors finishing heals/totems/gens while he was forced to watch.

  • Reworking him again is the only way to go. Bring back aspects of old Freddy but fix his various flaws