Is tunneling easier than ever now?

Here's some food for thought - is tunneling easier than ever?

Now that DS is dead,even with the introduction of baseline BT now that killers lose infinitely less distance on hitting the survivor, especially with the extreme usage of STBFL.

Off The Record was insane on the PTB, but as it got to live it became..quite worthless. What does it do?

If you're tunneled immediately, nothing. If you're not tunneled, probably nothing,unless you're a coordinated SWF. Is that not terrible design?

I've never seen quite so much tunneling as post 6.1.0. A big DS buff is in order.

Comments

  • Infinitely less distance on hitting a survivor, or....10% less distance on hitting survivor? These are very different things.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196552#Comment_3196552

    I'd argue second stage proxy camping with dead lock is still extremely strong.

    it is, but reassurance with comms or kindred on the hooked guy will completely counter that

    @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196552#Comment_3196552

    But why ever wait it out? With every second killer running STBFL and quite a few survivors using DH it's incredibly beneficial to just hit them and if not just force them to mend,but also go on to tunnel them.

    On the topic of it not doing anything while you're camped and tunneled - that is my point. OTR does not promote fun gameplay.

    I think this is exactly what I said, right? Tunneling is harder, but makes more sense, because waiting out the BT isn't worth it anymore and therefore you have the option to chase a survivor that needs 2 hits or a survivor that ... needs 2 hits, to go down.

    #########? Why does OTR not promote fun gameplay? Does DS promote fun gameplay? BT? These are perks to counter unfun tactics. Does Reassurance promote anything? Does Dead Hard promote fun or unfun? No idea what you mean here

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196736#Comment_3196736

    I feel like you're heavily underrating how much the hit cooldown and injured speed boost gave to survivors. As someone who plays both sides - zoning because of it has been easier and as survivor I physically feel that reduction and think that I would've made it way,way further pre 6.1.0.

    I also play both sides and I can tell you that realistically, those changes don't make a big difference outside of maybe a deadzone but that also brings the issue of, why are you at a deadzone.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • The other thing survivors with no or one hook states can do, if they see someone being tunneled, is stay between the Killer and the person being tunneled. Sometimes you can't do it because you're out of position but, if your team drops to three people and you could have delayed that by being hooked once or twice, and you didn't do anything then you played a large part in your own loss.

    If 5 gens don't get done it doesn't matter if you haven't been hooked or got hooked twice, you still die on your next hook. The longer four survivors are in the game, the better the chance 5 gens get done and survivors last longer if hooks are spread around either by the Killer choosing to do so or a survivor literally running between the Killer and preventing the Killer from getting to the tunneled survivor.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3197454#Comment_3197454

    Ah yes, this speed boost straight off the hook definitely grants you the ability to choose where you go down.

    Never mind the fact that recovery time was shortened and god forbid if the person has STBFL.

    Yep, you're definitely going places -- ie the closest available tile.

    But according to you, players should choose a better place to go down.

    Smart.

    Pro Tip: There's no such thing as a rational argument with that guy. Their killer bias blinds them to a ridiculous extent.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196620#Comment_3196620

    The amount of times I down a survivor and go back to the previous hook and I get body blocked is at least several a night. Your bias is acting up. I only tunnel when a survivor body blocks with bt and I will lose the game to do so if necessary.

    My bias? I only play surv for the new incentives. I've been a killer main since I started playing this game.

    What do you mean you're going back to previous hook. Seem like we're not talking about same type of situation anyway.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    - Survivors now get less speed boost distance after a hit.

    - Killers now recover more quickly from after a successful hit.

    - DS is dead.

    - Gens now take 1.5 minutes each.

    Result: Camping/tunneling has become more efficient and easier than before.

    This.

1 2 ›