please commit to gens that are almost done

the amount of times I see people run away from a Gen that's literally like 97% or 99%

Comments

  • I do that and as reward my team leaves me to die on hook. But I still keep doing it. My teammates don't commit I had this meg repairing last gen with me it was 97% but she left I could not finish it and it regressed to 0% and meg died almost immediatelly and she had adrealine and hope...

  • Really depends. I'll usually commit, but if Bubba is coming at me with a chainsaw and I'm right next to basement, I'm outta there. Sometimes trading your life for the gen is the right play, sometimes it's not. And if you mistime it, you lose the gen and go down.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    I do that and as reward my team leaves me to die on hook. But I still keep doing it. My teammates don't commit I had this meg repairing last gen with me it was 97% but she left I could not finish it and it regressed to 0% and meg died almost immediatelly and she had adrealine and hope...

    I've actually hit the point as the killer that if I have a survivor (especially on Death Hook) who finishes a gen knowing their Death was coming, I'll let them survive.

    If the gen isn't done by the time I get there, you gambled and lost but if you finish the last gen with me breathing down your neck, you deserve the escape.

    Unfortunately I rarely get the same courtesy extended to me but I knew finishing that gen was probably going to kill me and I did it anyway. Am I a hero? Hard to say. But yes, yes I am.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0


  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3188460#Comment_3188460

    I've actually hit the point as the killer that if I have a survivor (especially on Death Hook) who finishes a gen knowing their Death was coming, I'll let them survive.

    If the gen isn't done by the time I get there, you gambled and lost but if you finish the last gen with me breathing down your neck, you deserve the escape.

    Unfortunately I rarely get the same courtesy extended to me but I knew finishing that gen was probably going to kill me and I did it anyway. Am I a hero? Hard to say. But yes, yes I am.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

    Yeah I just wonder what was going on that meg head she was injured and would get fully healed and speed bonus from hope like she had perfect build for that situation. And even if she would die at least the other 3 survivors could survived but we all died because of her.

  • I don't want to camp and tunnel gens.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    the amount of times I see people run away from a Gen that's literally like 97% or 99%

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C69VHQBV8T6K/1144258f-c7e6-49dd-ac12-a713d3ac68ee.jpeg

    Definitely depends. You should do so if the killers play style allows it. If you are going against an insta down or multi injure killer you should never do this. Or if you are going against a killer who doesn't kick gens(me) then there is also no reason to commit to it. I have seen so many teams commit to a gen vs me and lose just off of that.

  • if i see something like that under my nose then don't complain about me tunneling to death the one who finished the gen despite i was nearby... people should learn that playing optimally will often lead to your death... i've no symphaty for those kind of people

  • the amount of times i see killers walk away from a hooked survivor that's about to hit 2nd stage

  • @OrangeBear said:

    the amount of times i see killers walk away from a hooked survivor that's about to hit 2nd stage

    0?

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3188460#Comment_3188460

    I've actually hit the point as the killer that if I have a survivor (especially on Death Hook) who finishes a gen knowing their Death was coming, I'll let them survive.

    If the gen isn't done by the time I get there, you gambled and lost but if you finish the last gen with me breathing down your neck, you deserve the escape.

    Unfortunately I rarely get the same courtesy extended to me but I knew finishing that gen was probably going to kill me and I did it anyway. Am I a hero? Hard to say. But yes, yes I am.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

    That were probably the most moving and best 4:45min of today. Thanks for that. But now excuse me, I am off again to kill some wanna-be heroic gen jockeys. Yeehaa.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    the amount of times I see people run away from a Gen that's literally like 97% or 99%

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C69VHQBV8T6K/1144258f-c7e6-49dd-ac12-a713d3ac68ee.jpeg

    I want to add on to this.

    Random People: Stop leading the killer to gens that are almost done I do not care if you want others to take aggro cause you can't. Stay away from gens that are almost done

  • @AverageKateMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346749/please-commit-to-gens-that-are-almost-done

    I want to add on to this.

    Random People: Stop leading the killer to gens that are almost done I do not care if you want others to take aggro cause you can't. Stay away from gens that are almost done

    To be fair, sometimes it's on accident, especially in solo. There have been plenty of times where I was running and running and realized at the last second I was about to lead the killer right to a nearly finished gen, and then took a hard turn or thrown on the brakes.

    But yeah, unless it's Bubba, stay on that gen. A finished gen is almost always worth a lot more than a health (or even hook) state.

    To me, that is one of the first steps a baby surv takes in their growth - not running as soon as the killer gets close - and an easy way to identify the noobs (who will always bail).

    On a related note: I never understood the notion that finishing a gen in the killer's face is somehow "disrespectful". I know I am probably going to pay with a hooking for doing it, but it's valuable. And I've always understood that as a killer, too. It's not lack of fear/respect, it's sacrificing something for the finished objective.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190827#Comment_3190827

    To be fair, sometimes it's on accident, especially in solo. There have been plenty of times where I was running and running and realized at the last second I was about to lead the killer right to a nearly finished gen, and then took a hard turn or thrown on the brakes.

    But yeah, unless it's Bubba, stay on that gen. A finished gen is almost always worth a lot more than a health (or even hook) state.

    To me, that is one of the first steps a baby surv takes in their growth - not running as soon as the killer gets close - and an easy way to identify the noobs (who will always bail).

    On a related note: I never understood the notion that finishing a gen in the killer's face is somehow "disrespectful". I know I am probably going to pay with a hooking for doing it, but it's valuable. And I've always understood that as a killer, too. It's not lack of fear/respect, it's sacrificing something for the finished objective.

    Fair enough. In my experience with gens in solo queue what usually happens is the killer is approaching the gen and I can't finish it cause chase, so I leave and in that time Overcharge and/or CoB kicks in and then Jolt value cause that initial chase regressing the gen back to like 20 percent. And that's the best case scenario for me