Attention Killers : Stop picking favorites to let escape. You're making people feel terrible

You think you are "being nice" by allowing one person to escape. What you are doing is making the OTHER people who you didn't allow to escape, watch what you are doing and feel frustrated. And you are also part of the problem of snitching cheating by survivors, where some survs use the game's team aura reading to snitch on their team. They feel they can take their chances because of this culture of letting people go.


Just had another game where the Killer played favorites. He stalled the game because he refused to kill his favorite surv, until he could find and kill the others. And then gave exit gate to that surv.


You end up frustrating people. Just kill all of us. Why break the rules of the game and not hook someone when you're supposed to and play favorites like this?


Stop ruining people's experience. I am trying to enjoy this game and the right thing to do is to kill everyone.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I kill who I want. If you teagbagged me or flashlight clicked me, you die. If you surrendered your item to me and knelt, I'll let you live.

  • It's actually slated for next mid chapter, because they said this halloween. They updated on the timings for other stuff but mori update still seems to be planned for then so yeah... gonna be a murderous halloween hopefully

  • I always let the last person escape through hatch. It's nothing personal, nor will it ever be anything personal. I get 200 BP for the hook itself and 500 BP for the kill itself, compare that to 2500 BP for the survivor escaping through hatch... 700 BP for me VS 2500 BP for them... Id prefer giving them the extra Bloodpoints.

    The only time I will ever target or not target a player is whenever someone unhooks in front of me. I will always go for the unhooker in that situation... ya know, to avoid tunneling. "Oh but isnt that targeting a player or letting them go?" No, because the survivor had the option to not unhook. If they want hatch, they could have left their teammate.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    You think you are "being nice" by allowing one person to escape. What you are doing is making the OTHER people who you didn't allow to escape, watch what you are doing and feel frustrated. And you are also part of the problem of snitching cheating by survivors, where some survs use the game's team aura reading to snitch on their team. They feel they can take their chances because of this culture of letting people go.

    Just had another game where the Killer played favorites. He stalled the game because he refused to kill his favorite surv, until he could find and kill the others. And then gave exit gate to that surv.

    You end up frustrating people. Just kill all of us. Why break the rules of the game and not hook someone when you're supposed to and play favorites like this?

    Stop ruining people's experience. I am trying to enjoy this game and the right thing to do is to kill everyone.

    A killer Who let's people escape isn't a Killer It's a joker

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182353#Comment_3182353

    You're not angels to anyone except the 1 person. The other players in the game don't appreciate it.

    Project harder. Most players do not have a conniption when someone else gets hatch. In my experience, people often get annoyed if the hatch player deliberately sold them out, or if they were a hider/useless. The rest is just generic saltiness.

    It really sounds like you just need to stop spectating if it gets you this steamed that other players get to live when you didn't. If you lack the self-control to stop, get a SWF or play killer.

    This is an issue with you failing to deal with your emotions, not an issue with the game's climate. You are asking in no uncertain terms for the game to be less reactive and to have less positive and even understanding moments because someone might feel bad they weren't involved. To which I say - if you wanted to be involved, get involved. Whether that's trying to have a funny moment with the killer, giving up your item, or just being helpful, respectful, sympathetic, and self-sacrificing and seeing where the cards fall. If you are never getting hatch and your killers frequently go out of their way to see you dead instead of your teammates, this likely has something to do with your playstyle or behavior in game.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182353#Comment_3182353

    You're not angels to anyone except the 1 person. The other players in the game don't appreciate it.

    My friendly, you are just proving Pinheads point <3

    If it helps you, just view this behaviour as "role-playing a Cenobite" and you should be golden.

  • Most survs when they die just click continue and go next, the fast que times usually means even if they die early on they can be in a match before the one they just died in ends. Usually only SWFs stick around the whole game till the end like that, and I doubt they'd care if one of their buddies is given hatch.

    Doesn't bother me when I play, solo or premade.

    I don't get why a display of good sportsmanship is being considered a bad thing here



    Also it's not working with survivors if they are the last survivor, the game is over. I've won and I don't care enough to slug for the 4k so if I close hatch and give the guy the gate that's my own damn business

  • Oh boy looks like this dude baited you all 😂

  • @konochivu said:

    Oh boy looks like this dude baited you all 😂

    Maybe, maybe not, but I got lots and lots of entertainment out of this thread.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182202#Comment_3182202

    Yes, that is a famous experiment with millions of views on youtube. But you're wrong. I'm not asking for a grape. I'm not asking to be allowed to escape. I'm saying, kill everyone... you know, like a serial killer is supposed to do. Fixes a lot of issues.

    But it doesn’t matter what happens once you are eliminated.

    You can apply all kinds of false sense of justice to it or wanted outcome but it’s completely out of your control and only relevant if you make it so for yourself.

    Sometimes the killer is gonna let someone go and it may not be you. But it doesn’t change your outcome at all if you are already dead.

    Killer may kill everyone, they may only kill you and let everyone else go. Either way it doesn’t matter move on already.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182353#Comment_3182353

    You're not angels to anyone except the 1 person. The other players in the game don't appreciate it.

    Nice to know you speak on behalf of all survivors.

    Next time one of the eliminated survivors sticks around and says, "gg," "that was fun," or thanks for giving x hatch," I'll ask them to stop lying and link them here.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182152#Comment_3182152

    I don't want to be chosen. I'm only asking the killer to do their job and ... kill. kill everyone. Makes no sense for a serial killer to let someone go. Killers don't have pity on anyone

    Problem solved. The culture of letting people go also fosters the snitching cheating too. Nobody should be doing this. they kill.

    Every SINGLE killer has to be the same too right?

  • @kisfenkin said:

    Let me just point out. Working with the other side is against the rules. Enjoy your bans.

    Teaming with the killer at the end of a match in a 2v1 situation, and snitching the other one that didn't do anything but sit in a corner the entire match is not bannable. It's sportmanship and respect from both parts.

    But if you snitch the entire match on purpose then it's just snitching and unsportmanlike, and you'll likely be punished by the killer.

  • Look, I like to let someone go at the end from time to time just as a power trip. Or if they give me an item as an offering. It's basically saying "Oh I could so very easily kill you, but I am merciful, so I will let you live. Live, so I may hunt you again."

    It has nothing to do with "picking a favorite" or "working with the survivors". It's a guilty pleasure of power tripping. Just let me shamelessly flex on Survivors for once, will you?

  • No can do.

    I like giving hatch. It's my way of saying gg after a game where survivors did their best. Plus, that last survivor gets more points for escaping than I would get sacrificing them.

    When I'm playing survivor with my friend, we're always happy when a teammate gets hatch. It's a balm after a rough game, killer was merciful. Sometimes after a rough time in mmr hell it's nice having a killer give you hatch.

  • I understand the purpose of this post, it has some merit, but my goodness the guy posting is going about it all wrong lol

    I feel like to some degree it is a bait troll post, because his attitude on the subject matter and repeating the same thing over and over again is basically just asking people to disagree with.

  • You're just trying to trick people into letting more people go to spite you

    It's quite genius tbh

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182253#Comment_3182253

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/17XOXAFV641W/see1.jpg

    Example of a game of mine. I maxed out Objectives, 10,000 is max.

    I did 3 generators, 2 of them by myself. I didn't get any more credit for the rest of the gens I did because of cap limit of 10k. So yes, rest of team was running killer, but I was doing my job doing Generators. I also unhooked and healed people, with 5k Altruism.

    Yet I was 3rd on the scoreboard score at end game. Here you come along and say I didn't do anything by looking at the scoreboard.

    I always run into solo-q survivors who make this same claim, that is "I did 3 gens." What they don't like to admit to is all 3 of those gens were adjacent to each other, making the team be 3 genned as a result. That may or may not have happened in your game, but I have seen it far too often in my matches as both roles.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182473#Comment_3182473

    Maybe, maybe not, but I got lots and lots of entertainment out of this thread.

    Clearly you have no sympathy at all for your fellow human beings, i hope you feel bad for laughing. Every time you go on a power trip and let someone go, you're making someone else in teh game feel bad

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182355#Comment_3182355

    Project harder. Most players do not have a conniption when someone else gets hatch. In my experience, people often get annoyed if the hatch player deliberately sold them out, or if they were a hider/useless. The rest is just generic saltiness.

    It really sounds like you just need to stop spectating if it gets you this steamed that other players get to live when you didn't. If you lack the self-control to stop, get a SWF or play killer.

    This is an issue with you failing to deal with your emotions, not an issue with the game's climate. You are asking in no uncertain terms for the game to be less reactive and to have less positive and even understanding moments because someone might feel bad they weren't involved. To which I say - if you wanted to be involved, get involved. Whether that's trying to have a funny moment with the killer, giving up your item, or just being helpful, respectful, sympathetic, and self-sacrificing and seeing where the cards fall. If you are never getting hatch and your killers frequently go out of their way to see you dead instead of your teammates, this likely has something to do with your playstyle or behavior in game.

    No, my emotions are just fine. I can do generators when a killer is nearby and hit skills checks. Except you don't even give me credit for that, since gens apparently don't matter, and you victim blame me for not intentionally running at killer and taking chases. It's not my fault you can't find me and yet I still do 3 gens.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    I kill who I want. If you teagbagged me or flashlight clicked me, you die. If you surrendered your item to me and knelt, I'll let you live.

    Psychologists would have a field day with that post.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182344#Comment_3182344

    It's incredible how much I can speak and how little you actually read any of it.

    "Working with survivors" is not goofing off. It's not having a cute moment with the killer and the killer being friendly to you later. And it is not ignoring one survivor to target others. Working with survivors is either farming (which is mutually beneficial and not against the rules) or actively helping the killer find and kill them (which is against the rules, and I have always decried it, despite your repeated claims to the contrary because you seem fundamnetally incapable of understanding the difference.) Doing your own thing while the killer kills other survivors and ignores you is not teaming, and neither are mid-match shenanigans.

    This stopped being about working with survivors the second you started complaining about killers having favorites or sparing anyone for any reason at all. You have been complaining about this for the entire thread.

    Like so, you want a very boring DBD with no human element because that human element sometimes likes other people more than you and it makes you feel bad. Luckily, it doesn't seem like many people agree with you, and my DBD will continue to have the occasional silly moment sprinkled in.

    Not sure where you even got the 'I need to mess around with the opposite side to have fun' from??

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182349#Comment_3182349

    I actually did. It stems from another person giving their criteria for why they spare players while you whine at them. You're complaining that you're low on the scoreboard despite doing match things and that it's not fair the killer/your teammates thought you didn't do anything. I'm arguing that you actually did do less meaningful contributions than the other players and it's totally legit that the killer thought another player was worthier than you.

    If you don't like reading, then I'll put it in nice short words: Not taking chases while your teammates die makes you a bad teammate.

    Yeah you speak a lot, I agree. But you're a Killer main, so you will be biased. You know it's wrong to let people live and work with survivors to find the last one and play favorites. You're hurting the other survivors feelings, don't do it anymore. I am disallowing it. Just do your job and kill everyone.

  • Okay, at first I thought this dude was legit, but is claims and retortes are becoming more and more outlandish, so he is clearly pulling out legs in the most grotesque way. I am outa here.

  • You're right the amount of simp and weeb killers is insane, usually I play characters like dwight and adam and killers regularly go out of their way to spare the cute female surv and tunnel me even it it means throwing the game, everyone should just play bunny feng at this point

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Okay, at first I thought this dude was legit, but is claims and retortes are becoming more and more outlandish, so he is clearly pulling out legs in the most grotesque way. I am outa here.

    Now you revert back to bullying. I am dead serious.


    Favoring one player and not the other is wrong. One of them gets to escape, and the other gets to watch you hook and kill them for no reason.


    My solution to this problem is asking you to kill everyone. Seems logical to me.


    What other solution is there? Clearly against the rules to be letting people go and it promotes snitch culture. There is no other solution to avoid making the 2nd final survivor feel bad. How is this crazy to say.

  • Unhook spam griefing shouldn't even be in the game, it needs to be removed/looked at

    Just saw the YT video you posted as Claudette @SilentShepherd

    Absolutely sickening

  • @Tsukah said:

    Unhook spam griefing shouldn't even be in the game, it needs to be removed/looked at

    Just saw the YT video you posted as Claudette @SilentShepherd

    Absolutely sickening

    Yes thank you. But killer takes blame there too. The right thing to do, is not to play Dungeon Master, and instead, show up and start a massacre. Hooks for everyone. If every Killer does this, then survivors won't pull that "work with killer" stuff anymore.

  • working with the killer, is an in-game offense so you can't exactly complain about it on the forums

  • I let everyone go... Guess I'm breaking the rules of the game

  • @VaJaybles said:

    I let everyone go... Guess I'm breaking the rules of the game

    Yes and you're making people feel bad. You are selfish for letting everyone go. You and all killers need to stop it immediately to get rid of this culture.

  • I was trying to be sensitive to the people on this forum with that condition (not me). Clearly you don't care about them either. I care, be like me.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    You think you are "being nice" by allowing one person to escape. What you are doing is making the OTHER people who you didn't allow to escape, watch what you are doing and feel frustrated. And you are also part of the problem of snitching cheating by survivors, where some survs use the game's team aura reading to snitch on their team. They feel they can take their chances because of this culture of letting people go.

    Just had another game where the Killer played favorites. He stalled the game because he refused to kill his favorite surv, until he could find and kill the others. And then gave exit gate to that surv.

    You end up frustrating people. Just kill all of us. Why break the rules of the game and not hook someone when you're supposed to and play favorites like this?

    Stop ruining people's experience. I am trying to enjoy this game and the right thing to do is to kill everyone.

    That will probably stop at the same time people stop slaming pallets and then putting flashlight in the face lol

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182970#Comment_3182970

    Yes and you're making people feel bad. You are selfish for letting everyone go. You and all killers need to stop it immediately to get rid of this culture.

    Culture lmao if I want culture I'll visit another country.

  • I mean, think of the alternative though. Nobody gets out. Are you that pissy and petty that you would rather have everyone die instead of at least 1 person escaping? Maybe that's why you don't get hatch?


    Like what is this thread???

  • Alright, as this thread is going around in circles, and in light of some comments that were made, I am going to go ahead close this discussion up here.

1 2 3 ›