Low Settings Users (Said for best performance) Get Screwed Over
With the new Unreal Engine being pushed out for optimization, it ended up leaving Low Settings Users downgrading from 60fps to 30fps, with no real info given out with how this might get fixed, or if it's able to be, with the new Chapter peaking around the corner with its release.
It's disappointing, it's frustrating, it's uninstalling worthy. The current engine is not only not-great for graphics in low settings, (The new engine IS ABSOLUTELY DISTASTEFUL TO THE EYE - NOTHING RENDERS ANYMORE) but buggy too.
I would love to be able to afford a better graphics cards, but I'm a college student with pets and mouths to feed. I don't have the extra money to solve a problem that never was there before.
Comments
######### dude.
@Brady that sucks.
You DONT NEED 60FPS to play a game. Let me guess, teenager that things only 60fps+ games are good regardless of storyline and gameplay?
Yes, I thought so
Maybe your PC is just out of date!
Start a GoFund me. I'd pitch in a buck or two.
It's unattractive to play a game where no textures render, your game is lagging due to dropping in FPS. It's borderline an unplayable state.
No worries man, I just hope they try to look out for us low settings users, if not maybe my fam back home will be willing to for Christmas
A GoFund me isn't practical, it'd make me feel spoiled.
It wouldn't be bad if the game warranted the upgrade but lets be honest so far the game has just been badly optimized. Someone posted footage of the console version yesterday and I was in shock.
Have you tried the ptb btw? is it really that bad for you? it actually seemed a little better for me....I think. Hoping it's more optimized but we will find out tomorrow.
It got worse. Hell, it's lower than 30FPS, absolutely NOTHING renders this time (PTB was better), and now this game is unplayable. I've uninstalled it.
@Not_Queen If only BHVR cared to update and warn users the minimum requirements were going to be changed.
Hope to see you guys someday again!
Absolutely touched nothing, this is how the game loaded in (at all times) once 2.4.0 patched.
Well perfomance issues were already known during the PTB and there was thread collecting these issues. I'm one of the people who are dealing now with low FPS and high CPU usage.Sadly I feared this issues won't be gone until the patch hits live. I mean fixing such things takes time.
Playing Killer is probably unplayable now for me. Especially high movement speed ones, because of the fps drops. Don't know how to feel now. I know my PC was made from used parts back in summer 2017 for like 200€. Couldn't afford more. Can't afford more.
But DbD was one of these games, which were working fine for a long time. One of the first I bought after getting my PC. It became my main game and I'm on my way to 2k hours in this game. Well I guess I won't reach it this year and have to hope future update will make things better.
I'm assuming my GPU is out-of-date now, but if that is the case, don't we deserve the right to be informed on the system requirement changes?
This is kinda unprofessional.
Edit; Any advice on what to do searches on? Can't seem to find whether my gpu is compatible or not.
I wonder if there's a place I can formally report this issue or not. Don't know what it'd fall under here at the forums.
"Try downgrade ur GPU drivers if u did an update in the past months mate, that's what helped me and other for perfomance issues. Maybe it will fix the graphics aswell"
Also, what is ur graphics card? I'm currently not at home but I'm willing to help as much as I can if u want to. I will be at home in around hours tho
It's an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
I'm not too familiar with techy things, so I'm not sure what the effects are of downgrading my GPU if it'd effect any other main games I play (Smite, and Borderlands). I'm also not exactly sure how to. Any help on that would be appreciated.
No worries man, appreciate any help given.
Drivers; not the actual hardware. Sometimes, GPU drivers are buggy and break graphics on some games.
I have no issues on low settings (I have resolution high though)
it works awful too with lowest settings on my laptop i7 Geforce GT 650M 2GB, 8GB RAM windows 10
I have dxdiag up, a place where it says Drives beside Device. (Where I found info of my Graphics Card)
It says the version is 23.21.13.8813
It also mentions a date (10/26/2017 19:00:00)
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/32214/update-2-4-0-unreal-update-performance-lighting-feedback#latest
If you could put your information on that thread, with regards to the issue that would be great to help solve this issue for everyone.
In the meantime, please check your graphics drivers. I agree with @EntityDispleased removing them with DDU is the best option to get a clean install, and probably don't use one of the very newest drivers as they seem not to be optimised for older cards.
I'm really dumb when it comes to tech talk - I'm in school to become a Nurse! Lol.
How can I do this?
Hi Mandy,
I'm unable to figure out how to do so. If you could point me in the right direction to either how to, or where to find out how to do so would be great.
Dang. That's unfortunate for you. My PC don't even pass minimum requirements and can run 50+ at least on low. CPU is AMD A10-6800k here.. GPU 1050 TI
I've tried so, and I;'m about to go into a game to see if anything has improved.
My CPU is also
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
@Brady your CPU is below the minimum required specs for the game, which is probably the cause for your pc struggling so much with this update.
@Blade92 although your CPU is slightly below the recommended FX 8210, the advantage that your CPU has is that is actually stronger on the single core than the 8120, and DBD has traditionally been harder on the single core, which is why your PC can probably handle it.
Thanks for the answers Mandy.
@Brady I will talk with the Producer to see if the min requirements changed with this Unreal Engine update or if it should still be the same, AFAIK, they are still the same. As Mandy mentionned, if you are a bit lower than requirements on your CPU, that might be the reason you are having issues.
It was just never a problem until 2.4.0, prior everything was perfectly fine.
Thanks.
I have a i5 2500 (8 years old cpu now), GTX970 (3 years old, I guess) and 8gb ram.
I bought the game on dec 2016.
Back then I usually was playing the game on High settings. Solid 60 fps. Then I was forced to medium. Fine. I don't care for graphics in a competitive multiplayer game. I play pubg on low (bad example, I know).
In between, Doctor chapter came and that freaking nightmare of a map is performance demanding as hell. Fine again.
Since nvidia drivers 4xx and this new engine update, a steady 60fps is not a thing anymore.
I don't mind playing on low but for god sake, these guys are screwing low end players.
No wonder why this game plays like BS on consoles.
Unfortunately, I am playing BF V and a 4xx driver is required. But for anyone that does not play BF V, please, don't upgrade past 3xx drivers.
Has there been any word?
I recomend you deleting some programs or files that you don't need. It boosted my fps from 39 to 46.
Windows 10 is the problem haha
thats exactly the same that's been happening to me,you can check my profile and see my discussions,graphics just don't render and like you,it never happened to me until 2.4.0 or when they updated the engine i dont remember,still not fixed and unfortunately it seems like they have nothing to do,so i quit lol
Thought I'd butt into this still relevant ppost I've kept track of; I recently bought the Leatherface dlc, and every time I load into a lobby with him, I get just the shading and coloring on his clothes. After 20 seconds or so, it fixes itself. It happens occasionally when I visit the comsetic shop, but it happens consistently with Leatherface. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Klaatu barada necktie!
EDIT: wrt Leatherface thingie - try defragmenting the drive (drive properties - service - optimize IIRC).
Sometime i wish epic games would make this game having to wait every mid-chapter - chapter update to get performance update this, is a bad business decision. consoles are the one that suffering the most as they can't downgrade/upgrade any performance settings.
The game was upgraded to 60FPS but get heavy frame drops and sensibility for controller haven't been changed to reflect the stability increase. I hope devs will realise that.
30 FPS what? I play with 12 FPS and in some grateful times it ups to 24 FPS.