Mind someone explaining what's going on with these endurance hits?
I've had this happen multiple times ever since the last big patch. It's the beginning of the match, and when I hit a survivor, they'll be protected by endurance and get deep wounds. It's not dead hard, as there's no animation. They aren't in an injured state, so it's not the medkit add-on.
Also, in the match, I'll hit people who have just run from repairing a gen and they'll have endurance protection (but no deep wounds in that case). I had a match that 6 hits in a row were all protected by endurance, even after doing conspicuous actions, so I know it's not off the record.
What's going on? What am I missing?
Comments
If they use a frame perfect dead hard you won't see the animation. When lag is particularly bad, like in the red, if you hit someone it can get dedicated. In that you will hear them scream but they don't actually get hit. Aside from that I would have to watch a video of what you experienced, because it doesn't sound like traditional cheats for dbd.
There is a cheat going around that auto dead hards at the perfect time. If you see them "dead hard" and get hit, but no animation actually plays. It's an auto dead hard. Often times you'll also hear the scream they make when you down them as well. There's an otzdarva video where he recently ran into one.
I have managed to do frame perfect dead hards by accident and I do not use any cheats. So I wouldn't use that as a rule of thumb for cheaters. I know auto dead hard exists, but a random frame perfect DH is bound to happen.
It's latency and dead hard related probably.
You swing and the survivor dead hards very close together.
On your screen your client/computer has not gotten the message that the survivor has dead harded so your hit connects and looks as if it was good. However, the server has received both the DH from the survivors client and the hit from yours. The DH hit the server before your hit did and was within a .5 second window and so the survivor gets endurance and zooms off. At this point they can't play the DH animation on your client as that would look extremely funky/wrong and they would dab at high speed as they zoomed off which would arguably be more confusing. So instead no animation plays at all and you just get the endurance flash and the survivor speed boost.
Massive widespread cheating because EAC doesn’t work.
Sure, if it happens once, it happens. But you know the difference when you see it. Just watch the otz video on it.
A good way to check for it is swinging at a pallet when they are at the other side. If they DH then they are cheating
It does happen, but when it's the same surv multiple times, you have to wonder. Especially if they don't seem all that good other than perfectly timing dead hards.
I feel like I run into an auto-dead harder once every few days.
Its happening to me too, its like DH has no animation, it just happens.
I started to waiting out again. Ironic
Its literal cheats. Been getting them also and I've started swinging near them and their deadhard activates instantly lol. I don't mean being behind them either XD Its getting pathetic.
are you sure its not OTR?
Considering it's the start of the match and no one has been hooked yet, fairly certain.
forget naruto running, High-Speed Dabbing is the new meta and i want to see it everywhere lmao
It's about consistency...
If you constantly see a frame perfect DH, then something is clearly up, but if you only see it once in a blue moon, they it's fine. Because of this, I always advise recording your matches in case you see something odd (plus you get the added bonus of being able to share any sick clips you hit).
What about the times it gives them deep wounds?
Good luck getting anyone using auto Dead Hard banned. I have a report that's been pending for over 3 weeks that BHVR still haven't acted on. The guy gave himself a 10 second speed boost after getting hit during the EGC to run immediately to the hatch all the way across the map. It was insane distance. I filled out everything properly, reported in game, attached additional report, and provided video evidence. That was a lot of work and they haven't done anything with it. I know they haven't because the guy is on Steam and a small time streamer. Still playing.