Why has desicive strike not been buffed back to 5 seconds

Am I the only one who thinks this change should happen??

Comments

  • @Tsela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150287#Comment_3150287

    yeah but you see, DS activates for 60 seconds. So in order to add it as a base kit, probably DS must be reduced also to 25 seconds or something. Otherwise I don't mind if they would replace basekit BT with DS.

    So you would make it so that for 20-30s after being unhooked, if you are downed you have DS activated until the killer picks you up, or you stand back up. This would stop the killer from being able to just slug you, and then just proxy you till they could pick you up. They would be forced to either eat the DS or go for someone else.

    In a world where they did this, I would also have it so you don't have collision during this time, to prevent people from body blocking during the timer. If you had collision people would just body block for their teammates and then just run unbreakable to get back up.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150293#Comment_3150293

    So you would make it so that for 20-30s after being unhooked, if you are downed you have DS activated until the killer picks you up, or you stand back up. This would stop the killer from being able to just slug you, and then just proxy you till they could pick you up. They would be forced to either eat the DS or go for someone else.

    In a world where they did this, I would also have it so you don't have collision during this time, to prevent people from body blocking during the timer. If you had collision people would just body block for their teammates and then just run unbreakable to get back up.

    Yeah I would agree with those changes.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150028#Comment_3150028

    Don't remove the skill check but make it near unmissable. DS should be used within the first second or two of being picked up and the skillcheck system is the perfect coatrack to hang that function on. It's got audio and visual cues all baked into it.

    The issue is for our console players, who miss their chance to use the perk quite frequently due to performance issues. Don’t see why it can’t automatically proc for them and us all. It has enough other activation and deactivation conditions.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150193#Comment_3150193

    Just about the entire community thinks DS is garbage right now.

    Just like how the entire community thought Self Care was garbage and thats just because 99% of people were using it incorrectly.

    Even nowadays its still a pretty decent perk, its just people cant help themselves to heal every chance they get.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150223#Comment_3150223

    Just like how the entire community thought Self Care was garbage and thats just because 99% of people were using it incorrectly.

    Even nowadays its still a pretty decent perk, its just people cant help themselves to heal every chance they get.

    I mean it was bad before the recent nerf, how do you use it incorrectly? You mean like trying to self care when people can heal you? That's just silly.

    Self care is without question a killer perk. Any perk that lets you see other survivors to heal you is 10 times better than running self care.

  • I know ds was a balanced perk, but the intention of 6.1.0 was nerf meta perks, and ds was one of them, I really wanted ds to be 5 seconds again, but will just be meta again

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150289#Comment_3150289

    The issue is for our console players, who miss their chance to use the perk quite frequently due to performance issues. Don’t see why it can’t automatically proc for them and us all. It has enough other activation and deactivation conditions.

    Preach

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150355#Comment_3150355

    I mean it was bad before the recent nerf, how do you use it incorrectly? You mean like trying to self care when people can heal you? That's just silly.

    Self care is without question a killer perk. Any perk that lets you see other survivors to heal you is 10 times better than running self care.

    You use it to finish off a heal or to heal during endgame. Using it this way makes it way easier to pull off endgame saves. 2 things that happen pretty often in every game and youll have multiple uses for it

    But I mean the DbD community see's perks/characters this way: If its not bordering overpowered, its garbage.

  • DS was originally buffed to 5 seconds to counteract Enduring affecting it. When they nerfed Enduring to no longer do that, they originally promised to revert the stun back to 3 seconds, but broke that promise and never did it, until finally with 6.1.0.

  • Off the record now does it better and is available to people who don't want to pay for DLC. So why buff it?

  • @Alionis said:

    DS was originally buffed to 5 seconds to counteract Enduring affecting it. When they nerfed Enduring to no longer do that, they originally promised to revert the stun back to 3 seconds, but broke that promise and never did it, until finally with 6.1.0.

    I mean, how long ago are we talking? Nurse may have been out, but what about killers such as Spirit and Blight? Not to mention all the nerfed maps and tiles. Five seconds is not a ridiculous ask to barely inconvenience a hardcore tunneler - and for the cost of a perk slot.

    @prion11 said:

    Off the record now does it better and is available to people who don't want to pay for DLC. So why buff it?

    OTR lasts longer and has other helpful effects, but doesn’t stun the killer. It also comes at the cost of needing to waste 12 seconds mending if they are tunneled and escape.. and still taking a perk slot. So it’s not as punishing.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150170#Comment_3150170

    LOL, imagine thinking 5 more seconds of a useless mechanic makes it not useless.

    Imagine thinking base BT is useless

  • @Shroompy said:

    because it just hurt the killers who didnt need to be hurt by it the most like Trapper, Pig, etc. While barely having an effect on high mobility killers like Nurse or Blight.

    I think it should go to 4 seconds for a nice middle ground

    Or maybe do something mindblowing and let DS have a different effect on different killers. Give it a 6s stun vs Nurse and Blight, 5s against other high mobility killers, and 3-4 against low-tier and middle of the road killers.

    I know that BHVR isnt a big fan of this approach, as they want all the perks to be working the same way all the time, but honestly, by now the roster is so varied that you can't just apply the blanket solution to all of them. Pull on one end just a tiny bit and you lay bare something on the other end.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149994#Comment_3149994

    Or maybe do something mindblowing and let DS have a different effect on different killers. Give it a 6s stun vs Nurse and Blight, 5s against other high mobility killers, and 3-4 against low-tier and middle of the road killers.

    I know that BHVR isnt a big fan of this approach, as they want all the perks to be working the same way all the time, but honestly, by now the roster is so varied that you can't just apply the blanket solution to all of them. Pull on one end just a tiny bit and you lay bare something on the other end.

    They could do a catch all solution and just have DS inflict some kind of new status effect on the killer that stops them using their power for a few seconds.

    like idk the 'Staggered' status effect


    Also I'm glad killers don't really slug to wait out DS anymore, it was such a boring thing.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150679#Comment_3150679

    They could do a catch all solution and just have DS inflict some kind of new status effect on the killer that stops them using their power for a few seconds.

    like idk the 'Staggered' status effect

    Also I'm glad killers don't really slug to wait out DS anymore, it was such a boring thing.

    The game was way healthier when DS was feared, with the exception of the end game. There’s really no need to make the DS stun effect various killers in different ways. A tunneler is a tunneler.

  • @Tsela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150205#Comment_3150205

    yeah of course at least 5 people would agree also if someone would ask for a machine gun turret above every gen that shoots survivors automatically, but that doesn't mean it's not ridiculous, or it would ever be implemented

    to be fair i would actually love to see that.

  • His experience is apparently that killers hit the person being unhooked right off the hook 100% of the time. In that case it would be pretty useless.

  • @ICrowzI said:

    Am I the only one who thinks this change should happen??

    They want you to use OTR. It's basically DS but it activates twice

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149994#Comment_3149994

    It is suppose to hurt killers for tunneling. If the perk doesn't hurt the killer than what was the point of running it. Even before the change I got value out of DS only 10% of the time. The idea that you had DS was more powerful than the perk itself. We have gotten to a point where DS is so irrelevant people tunnel because they know you have nothing.

    Back in the days I had always a timer running on my second screen and made a mental note when I downed a survivor. And there were legit times when a survivor would jump into a locker in front of my eyes and I waited 20s, just to make sure that I could kill them; sometimes it even turned out that they had no DS.

    And then there was this one time were I had three survivors slugged on The Game and I was so burned by DS that I waited that extra minute just to make sure that could savely hook everyone.

    Nowadays, if a survivor really tried to get under my skin and I want to tunnel them out I jut pick them up. Most of the time no one is running DS anymore, and in the rare cases that I get hit by it, even by M1 killers its more like a nuisance.

  • It wouldn't even be that bad if the actual meaningful stun, aka the time where the killer is stunned and the survivor has actual control of their character, was actually 3 seconds. But if that was the case the advertised stun duration would actually be over 4 seconds, as over an entire second is lost to the "falling off the shoulder" animation. Can't remember the exact number, 1.2 or 1.4 seconds I think?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150414#Comment_3150414

    I mean, how long ago are we talking? Nurse may have been out, but what about killers such as Spirit and Blight? Not to mention all the nerfed maps and tiles. Five seconds is not a ridiculous ask to barely inconvenience a hardcore tunneler - and for the cost of a perk slot.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150418#Comment_3150418

    OTR lasts longer and has other helpful effects, but doesn’t stun the killer. It also comes at the cost of needing to waste 12 seconds mending if they are tunneled and escape.. and still taking a perk slot. So it’s not as punishing.

    Map design is still arguably in favor of survivors for the most part, despite the reworks.

    Enduring was nerfed to no longer affect stun perks with 3.0.0, meaning Spirit had already been in the game for nearly a year.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150058#Comment_3150058

    Hey, I don't mind if there's one less tunneling killer in the game. Sure! 🤷‍♂️

    Nope, more tunneling killers for you.


    The more I read comments like this, the more I want to "TuNnEl n CaMpiN!!!!111"

  • I would rather them just rework the way hooks work and make DS something else.

  • @Alionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150659#Comment_3150659

    Map design is still arguably in favor of survivors for the most part, despite the reworks.

    Enduring was nerfed to no longer affect stun perks with 3.0.0, meaning Spirit had already been in the game for nearly a year.

    Agreed on maps, though only because of their size in some cases. There are a lot more dead zones on certain maps than ever before. They stack all the good pallets and tiles in one section, then leave another area barren as can be. It’s really not fun for either role. Some maps are straight up ridiculous though, such as The Game and Eyrie.

    Thanks for the info on Enduring! Killers with high mobility are especially the reason that DS should disable killer powers when proc’d. Even if the five second stun was brought back, you won’t make too much meaningful distance.

1 2 ›