Corrupt needs to be reverted

Im sorry, I tried to stick with it but its just utterly useless as a perk now and might as well be basekit.

Pre-corrupt actually gave early slowdown for killers with 0 mobility or map pressure.

I can already see it now that someone is gonna say no because it would be OP on Blight or Nurse.

Comments

  • I think most people overreacted to the nerf.

    It's basically the same on the Killers that are really, really bad without it (Trapper, Myers, maybe even Hag) and a bit weaker on Killers that can use it pretty well but can so just fine without it (mainly Demogorgon), and only bad on Killers that don't need it (like Nurse, Blight or Spirit)

  • The perk is just fine for the zero mobility and setup killers.

    Once you down a survivor, that survivor becomes your pressure.

  • It still seems really good for those types of killers?

    The point was it was one of the most chosen perks as part of the meta so they kept the core of the perk (block generators to force survivors to hide or into the map) and made it weaker on killers who get fast downs to build pressure (like Blight, Nurse, etc). Still seems really good on Trapper and Hag. Probably also good on killers who spread the damage more than concentrate on a single person like Plague or Legion.

    If you don't find it useful anymore, maybe try a different perk? That was kind of the point.

  • @NemmyMan3000 said:

    Im sorry, I tried to stick with it but its just utterly useless as a perk now and might as well be basekit.

    Pre-corrupt actually gave early slowdown for killers with 0 mobility or map pressure.

    I can already see it now that someone is gonna say no because it would be OP on Blight or Nurse.

    If you have 0 map pressure than it does the same thing as it did before. Even if it goes down after 30S because you down a survivor,the survivors

    a) already spread out and didn't do the corrupt gens



    b) you've just got a down and they weren't doing gens for most of that time.


    the corrupt intervention change is the one perfect thing in this patch

  • If you have no mobility or map pressure, corrupt is still giving you early slowdown.

  • It was a good nerf because for the setup killers that need it it doesn’t really affect them nearly as much.

    For the killers that don’t need it like blight and nurse it makes it a lot less powerful for them.

  • yeah corrupt is dead now on most killers

    i want them to revisit the idea of an "early game collapse" they had a bit back

    thatd help with survivors just spawning on gens, which often causes 1 chase to be 3 gens unless youre playing nurse, blight, spirit or pinhead (pinhead bc 1 of those gen doers has to do the box) and is the source of 90% of the "unhealthy" killer play (immediate tunneling, an unhealthy dose of proxy camping, things both sides dont enjoy) (the other 10% is just people getting tilted, or deciding basement bubba is a good use of their time)

  • Personally, the change to Corrupt was my favorite change in that patch.

    I could literally end the game after a quick first chase (depending on killer choice and current sweat level) as killer and was very tired of seeing it every game, often causing survivors to meander aimlessly for 2 minutes/hide it out.

    It's much healthier/less stale.

  • @xni6_ said:

    yeah corrupt is dead now on most killers

    i want them to revisit the idea of an "early game collapse" they had a bit back

    thatd help with survivors just spawning on gens, which often causes 1 chase to be 3 gens unless youre playing nurse, blight, spirit or pinhead (pinhead bc 1 of those gen doers has to do the box) and is the source of 90% of the "unhealthy" killer play (immediate tunneling, an unhealthy dose of proxy camping, things both sides dont enjoy) (the other 10% is just people getting tilted, or deciding basement bubba is a good use of their time)

    they didn't have it,they got an idea from ScottJund and then went "lol yeah this was unfun we're not doing it"


    also corrupt is anything but dead

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141548#Comment_3141548

    they didn't have it,they got an idea from ScottJund and then went "lol yeah this was unfun we're not doing it"

    also corrupt is anything but dead

    i said its dead on MOST killers (i.e. any killer who isnt pure m1 or setup)

    and i did not know it came from scott, wish the devs came up with it so it had a chance of being added :(

  • @Raccoon said:

    Personally, the change to Corrupt was my favorite change in that patch.

    I could literally end the game after a quick first chase (depending on killer choice and current sweat level) as killer and was very tired of seeing it every game, often causing survivors to meander aimlessly for 2 minutes/hide it out.

    It's much healthier/less stale.

    End the game after a quick chase? 1 down?

    ?

  • his win condition is getting a down. if he succeeds, he dcs with a smile, knowing hes truly won

  • I don't think it needs to be reverted but it is 100% awful now on non-setup killers. The far more concerning trend is the awful "turns off if you are doing too good" trend. Thanat, ruin, corrupt are all perks I will never run now because they turn off if you are doing "too good". If I was betting I have a feeling we will continue to see this trend for killer perks.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I think most people overreacted to the nerf.

    It's basically the same on the Killers that are really, really bad without it (Trapper, Myers, maybe even Hag) and a bit weaker on Killers that can use it pretty well but can so just fine without it (mainly Demogorgon), and only bad on Killers that don't need it (like Nurse, Blight or Spirit)

    Huh? You can't get a down within 2 minutes on Myers?


    Do people even run corrupt on Hag? I thought you were supposed to set up traps near your three gen. Corrupt could potentially funnel them the wrong way, no? I have no clue. I am not a Hag specicialist.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141480#Comment_3141480

    Huh? You can't get a down within 2 minutes on Myers?

    Do people even run corrupt on Hag? I thought you were supposed to set up traps near your three gen. Corrupt could potentially funnel them the wrong way, no? I have no clue. I am not a Hag specicialist.

    With Spine Chill basically neutering stealth Killers more than before, I'm surprised people ca get to T2 before CI runs out.

    Hag is a set-up Killer. I don't know why CI wouldn't be as good if not better on her than Trapper

  • Why didn't the just go the BT route and make this version base, while making the perk have it work like it used to?

  • @Carth said:

    I don't think it needs to be reverted but it is 100% awful now on non-setup killers. The far more concerning trend is the awful "turns off if you are doing too good" trend. Thanat, ruin, corrupt are all perks I will never run now because they turn off if you are doing "too good". If I was betting I have a feeling we will continue to see this trend for killer perks.

    The reason for that trend is hopefully an attempt at fixing the efficiency cap dilemma, In that survivors are too strong early but too weak late. Since they don't really seem to understand how to do actual mechanical overhauls to accommodate fixing issues like that, they instead take baby steps with minor tweaks and bandaids here and there to work toward a possible maybe kinda eventual solution.

    Survivors need to start weaker, but lose less strength as the killer's advantage grows. Currently the amount of power 4 survivors hold (as opposed to 3 or less) encourages the killer to get one out asagdp, while the weakness of only having 1-3 survivors makes people give up and/or unable to compete as their teammates dwindle. Stuff like the corrupt and ruin changes are almost potential fixes to that issue, but they only really account for one side of the scenario.