Could a Mod please confirm BHVR's aware of the forum issues?

The forums are bugged. I don't know how widespread it is, but many (possibly all) aren't getting notified about new comments/being mentioned. View counts aren't being accurately tallied (multiple comments but there's only one view for the thread). Also, if I comment on my post, I see that there's a "New Comment," but that comment is my own. Can a mod please confirm that you're aware of this issue?


UPDATE:

Thanks for answering, Mandy!

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I believe this is likely a job for Mandy to try and bully Vanilla about. I'm not sure if it's entirely in their control or not since it's hosted by an external system

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I believe this is likely a job for Mandy to try and bully Vanilla about. I'm not sure if it's entirely in their control or not since it's hosted by an external system

    It's really starting to bug me so I am also ready to bully Vanilla about it

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I believe this is likely a job for Mandy to try and bully Vanilla about. I'm not sure if it's entirely in their control or not since it's hosted by an external system

    I understand. I just want to make sure they're aware of it. Ideally, they could make and pin a post about it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137244#Comment_3137244

    It's really starting to bug me so I am also ready to bully Vanilla about it

    Bully vanilla all you want. I never cared for it much.

    Caramel is where it’s at.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137244#Comment_3137244

    It's really starting to bug me so I am also ready to bully Vanilla about it

    Given some of the previous issues and other limitations I am fully prepared to bully Vanilla for BHVR even if they're not at fault for this.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137244#Comment_3137244

    I understand. I just want to make sure they're aware of it. Ideally, they could make and pin a post about it.

    I hope that a mod, specifically Mandy, is able to see this post and confirm. You'll most likely have to wait for typical work hours tomorrow though, but she may pop on in her spare time (or she's got given funky hours by BHVR again considering time zones).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137250#Comment_3137250

    I hope that a mod, specifically Mandy, is able to see this post and confirm. You'll most likely have to wait for typical work hours tomorrow though, but she may pop on in her spare time (or she's got given funky hours by BHVR again considering time zones).

    I'm debating if I should "flag" the post just to make sure they see it, but I don't want to use that feature inappropriately. Hmmm.

  • Oh good, it isn't just me- I was wondering what the heck was going on there.

    Would also definitely love for official acknowledgement, even if there's no ETA for a fix.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Oh good, it isn't just me- I was wondering what the heck was going on there.

    Would also definitely love for official acknowledgement, even if there's no ETA for a fix.

    Exactly. I just want to know that they're aware and attempting to fix it. If they don't have a repair ETA, okay, but at least acknowledge it.

  • Glad to hear it's not just me. Haven't been getting notifications or seeing view counts update since yesterday.

  • It's an issue that I'm aware of yes. Spoken to our host provider today - it was also acknowledged by one of our mods in the forum feedback section here earlier today.

    I don't have an ETA on when we can get a fix on this yet, but I'm hopeful it will be soon.

  • @Mandy said:

    It's an issue that I'm aware of yes. Spoken to our host provider today - it was also acknowledged by one of our mods in the forum feedback section here earlier today.

    I don't have an ETA on when we can get a fix on this yet, but I'm hopeful it will be soon.

    Thanks, Mandy!

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137250#Comment_3137250

    I hope that a mod, specifically Mandy, is able to see this post and confirm. You'll most likely have to wait for typical work hours tomorrow though, but she may pop on in her spare time (or she's got given funky hours by BHVR again considering time zones).

    my hours do get rather weird indeed lol...not for long though, big move imminent

    And just as an FYI our hosting provider has a fantastic customer support that really help us with the issues that we occasionally have, I really do not need to bully them in the slightest. They're super helpful and really try to work within the customisation that we have on this forum.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137265#Comment_3137265

    my hours do get rather weird indeed lol...not for long though, big move imminent

    And just as an FYI our hosting provider has a fantastic customer support that really help us with the issues that we occasionally have, I really do not need to bully them in the slightest. They're super helpful and really try to work within the customisation that we have on this forum.

    Ooo that's exciting! Here's hoping your terrible luck with injuring yourself on kitchen appliances doesn't follow you lol

  • Yeah I just noticed that too. My notifications were working just fine up until two days ago, but now they they are completely dead.

    Another thing I noticed is that whenever I comment on something and return to the Discussion page, the Discussion I posted in will say "+1 new!", which then happens to be my own answer.

    EDIT: Also also, the view count is bugged and says every post on here had exactly 1 view. Literally just noticed that uppon leaving xD

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137311#Comment_3137311

    Ooo that's exciting! Here's hoping your terrible luck with injuring yourself on kitchen appliances doesn't follow you lol

    that's definitely one thing I really want to leave behind...

  • @Mandy said:

    It's an issue that I'm aware of yes. Spoken to our host provider today - it was also acknowledged by one of our mods in the forum feedback section here earlier today.

    I don't have an ETA on when we can get a fix on this yet, but I'm hopeful it will be soon.

    I really hope that we get royally compensated for all the hassle this caused!

    I am talking in the ballpark of +200-300 post count and +50 up votes! Maybe even a custom batch that would remind us of this trying times (as if anyone would actually take notice of other peeps forum batches).

    But I don't care just stoke everyone's FOMO on free stuff.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    The forums are bugged. I don't know how widespread it is, but many (possibly all) aren't getting notified about new comments/being mentioned. View counts aren't being accurately tallied (multiple comments but there's only one view for the thread). Also, if I comment on my post, I see that there's a "New Comment," but that comment is my own. Can a mod please confirm that you're aware of this issue?

    UPDATE:

    Thanks for answering, Mandy!

    Yeah Im experiencing this

  • Just to update here, this issue should now be resolved.

    Sorry for the annoyance it caused, y'all...we worked with our hosting company to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

  • @Mandy said:

    Just to update here, this issue should now be resolved.

    Sorry for the annoyance it caused, y'all...we worked with our hosting company to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

    We can see thread views and notifications again!

  • @Mandy said:

    Just to update here, this issue should now be resolved.

    Sorry for the annoyance it caused, y'all...we worked with our hosting company to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

    Thank you very much Mandy 🙂

  • @Mandy said:

    Just to update here, this issue should now be resolved.

    Sorry for the annoyance it caused, y'all...we worked with our hosting company to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

    Thank you for the update, Mandy!

  • @Mandy said:

    Just to update here, this issue should now be resolved.

    Sorry for the annoyance it caused, y'all...we worked with our hosting company to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

    The world is healing.

  • @Mandy said:

    Just to update here, this issue should now be resolved.

    Sorry for the annoyance it caused, y'all...we worked with our hosting company to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

    Mandy, just an FYI, it's still a little buggy. When a user posts a comment, it shows as "1 NEW" on the thread for that user. It used to not do this. So it makes it appear that someone else added a new comment, but the comment is one's own. This problem started when everything else got buggy.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3146207#Comment_3146207

    Mandy, just an FYI, it's still a little buggy. When a user posts a comment, it shows as "1 NEW" on the thread for that user. It used to not do this. So it makes it appear that someone else added a new comment, but the comment is one's own. This problem started when everything else got buggy.

    yes I noticed that and did bring that up with them, I'm not sure if that's something that they will reverse unfortunately. Am waiting for confirmation

  • My notifications (the ones that pop up, not the bell ones) are in german for some reason, but at least I have them again !

  • @HugTheHag said:

    My notifications (the ones that pop up, not the bell ones) are in german for some reason, but at least I have them again !

    There's one forum user for awhile now when I get a notification that they mentioned me or commented on my post the notification will be in German. Rest of notifications will be in English.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3151106#Comment_3151106

    There's one forum user for awhile now when I get a notification that they mentioned me or commented on my post the notification will be in German. Rest of notifications will be in English.

    That might be it then !

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150725#Comment_3150725

    yes I noticed that and did bring that up with them, I'm not sure if that's something that they will reverse unfortunately. Am waiting for confirmation

    Thanks for keeping on top of it. I also noticed another issue: duplicate notifications.

    Here's how it works. When someone comments on my thread, but tags me in it, I now get 2 notifications. The first notifcation says the person commented on the thread. The second notification says the person mentioned me in their comment (see the screenshot). Both notifications refer to the same comment. Also, the spellcheck is working off and on.

    Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 10.23.07 AM.png