Thank god. I’m just thinking that the only bad thing will be those poor people that live in the middle of nowhere and will have to connect to somewhere far away say for example the EU or Asia server. They’ll have a constant 200+ ping
Wonder if its all platforms? I know when For Honor switched from p2p to servers it was just on PC for a long time. With how much bhvr seems to care about console I'm abit worried.
They said it was for all platforms!! Great work dbd, hopefully the trailer for the new killer and just general trailer showing all the killers gets the game a bunch of new players. Cant wait!!
@Might_Oakk said:
Wonder if its all platforms? I know when For Honor switched from p2p to servers it was just on PC for a long time. With how much bhvr seems to care about console I'm abit worried.
It seems that it's coming to consoles as well!!! An optimization patch should be coming next patch as well
And when it comes to players in Australia and New Zealand...well, we're all screwed as the servers will be US and EU based and our Ping will skyrocket like 90% of the games out there.
@Might_Oakk said:
Wonder if its all platforms? I know when For Honor switched from p2p to servers it was just on PC for a long time. With how much bhvr seems to care about console I'm abit worried.
@Might_Oakk said:
Wonder if its all platforms? I know when For Honor switched from p2p to servers it was just on PC for a long time. With how much bhvr seems to care about console I'm abit worried.
@Might_Oakk said:
Wonder if its all platforms? I know when For Honor switched from p2p to servers it was just on PC for a long time. With how much bhvr seems to care about console I'm abit worried.
Hehe I wonder why they are doing this...hmm to make the game better? Sorry..it wasnt that long ago I remember arguing with some people on these forums about dedicated servers. I guess this announcement just proves my point hehe.
@Jed said:
Hehe I wonder why they are doing this...hmm to make the game better? Sorry..it wasnt that long ago I remember arguing with some people on these forums about dedicated servers. I guess this announcement just proves my point hehe.
The points some of were arguing about were that it wasn't a panacea that would solve everything which quite a few didn't seem to understand. There was also the cost and that it took time to get everything in place yet people all thought it should happen immediately.
Then you have to realize that to change it from P@P to dedicated servers requires an immense code rewrite from the ground up, that doesn't just magically happen. Hence the console optimizations that're coming and why it's not happening until summer 2019.
@EntityDispleased said:
Have they mentioned anything about server locations? I live in North Africa and I either connect to West or north eu with 80-130 ping depending on the day. If I'm gonna have to endure delays and lag as killer I might just not play at all.
They haven't yet but as it gets closer probably February or March you'll see them discuss it but they'll probably have regional servers same as League of Legends and Overwatch do.
A question on the dedicated servers. Currently, I don't have a decent net connection, but I have 0 problems playing Survivor. I'll get a rare lag pocket against the Doctor when he shocks multiple people. Just a quick hitch. I cannot play Killer though without issues obviously. 4 people connecting to me just nukes my connection.
Will the dedicated servers allow me to play Killer now? Plan on upgrading my connection eventually, but other things take priority atm. If I can play Survivor now without issue, and as long as there's a server reasonably nearby (East Coast US so I figure definitely), I should be okay playing as a Killer on a dedicated?
@Mringasa said:
A question on the dedicated servers. Currently, I don't have a decent net connection, but I have 0 problems playing Survivor. I'll get a rare lag pocket against the Doctor when he shocks multiple people. Just a quick hitch. I cannot play Killer though without issues obviously. 4 people connecting to me just nukes my connection.
Will the dedicated servers allow me to play Killer now? Plan on upgrading my connection eventually, but other things take priority atm. If I can play Survivor now without issue, and as long as there's a server reasonably nearby (East Coast US so I figure definitely), I should be okay playing as a Killer on a dedicated?
You don't have problems to play killer as long as doesn't lose ur connection completely to internet.
@Attackfrog said:
As a killer, if survivors can't blame me for their ping/latency anymore, does this mean survivors and killers will finally get along!?
For most it'll improve things, while for some others it'll make things bit a worse and the ones that're going to hate it the most are the lag switchers, the hackers etc.
@Attackfrog said:
As a killer, if survivors can't blame me for their ping/latency anymore, does this mean survivors and killers will finally get along!?
For most it'll improve things, while for some others it'll make things bit a worse and the ones that're going to hate it the most are the lag switchers, the hackers etc.
Living in CA, I have never had a problem with my connection, but there have been many times I have been blamed for lag switching, poor ping etc lol.
I am glad they are finally doing this. It's a good sign for the longevity of the game (plus it gives survivors one less thing to blame me for...)
It will be hilarious when survivors realize that the reason that all killers play against are laggy is not the killer side, but their own terrible internet.
Then they will probably start blaming the servers.
@Madjura said:
It will be hilarious when survivors realize that the reason that all killers play against are laggy is not the killer side, but their own terrible internet.
Then they will probably start blaming the servers.
@Attackfrog said:
As a killer, if survivors can't blame me for their ping/latency anymore, does this mean survivors and killers will finally get along!?
For most it'll improve things, while for some others it'll make things bit a worse and the ones that're going to hate it the most are the lag switchers, the hackers etc.
Living in CA, I have never had a problem with my connection, but there have been many times I have been blamed for lag switching, poor ping etc lol.
I am glad they are finally doing this. It's a good sign for the longevity of the game (plus it gives survivors one less thing to blame me for...)
Cali here as well, and mine's usually pretty good especially as a host there's still the occasional hiccup you get on both sides. But I've had killers say they're internet is bad is why the game got laggy and not them lag switching. This despite it only happening during a chase and always for 5-10 seconds and then it'd go back to normal once the person was downed.
Also to those saying it's only the survivors bad skills and not lag switching or the killers bad internet you look really foolish. Both sides have bad connections as well as good connections.
@Attackfrog said:
As a killer, if survivors can't blame me for their ping/latency anymore, does this mean survivors and killers will finally get along!?
For most it'll improve things, while for some others it'll make things bit a worse and the ones that're going to hate it the most are the lag switchers, the hackers etc.
I wonder what the people who blame the Killer for their own crappy connection will say now...
@Attackfrog said:
As a killer, if survivors can't blame me for their ping/latency anymore, does this mean survivors and killers will finally get along!?
For most it'll improve things, while for some others it'll make things bit a worse and the ones that're going to hate it the most are the lag switchers, the hackers etc.
I wonder what the people who blame the Killer for their own crappy connection will say now...
"Killers are DDoSing the servers! Thats why I died!"
@Attackfrog said:
As a killer, if survivors can't blame me for their ping/latency anymore, does this mean survivors and killers will finally get along!?
For most it'll improve things, while for some others it'll make things bit a worse and the ones that're going to hate it the most are the lag switchers, the hackers etc.
I wonder what the people who blame the Killer for their own crappy connection will say now...
"Killers are DDoSing the servers! Thats why I died!"
I don't like to play devil's advocate. But why does everyone think that dedicated servers will solve all the problems this game has? It might improve on some things but probably brings more problems on other things. Region lock might come back. Long queues because the closest servers are already full. Killers might still lag, but affect survivors in a different way.
Fortnite players wanted dedicated servers, and regretted it after they got it. Why do you think this will be any better?
@Arsoul said:
And when it comes to players in Australia and New Zealand...well, we're all screwed as the servers will be US and EU based and our Ping will skyrocket like 90% of the games out there.
I am from Brazil and I do have the same concern. Probably this is going to kill the game for good - if dedicated servers over here are not provided. But the problem will also be demand for it, if they see that there is not enough players to keep it active, well, bummer, no way to play at all. I hope for those cases, Killer hosted games might still be a possibility.
@Tsulan said:
I don't like to play devil's advocate. But why does everyone think that dedicated servers will solve all the problems this game has? It might improve on some things but probably brings more problems on other things.
Region lock might come back.
Long queues because the closest servers are already full.
Killers might still lag, but affect survivors in a different way.
Fortnite players wanted dedicated servers, and regretted it after they got it.
Why do you think this will be any better?
Oh, it definitely won't solve all the problems (or even most of the problems), but some people just don't seem to understand that dedicated servers have downsides as well.
@Arsoul said:
And when it comes to players in Australia and New Zealand...well, we're all screwed as the servers will be US and EU based and our Ping will skyrocket like 90% of the games out there.
I am from Brazil and I do have the same concern. Probably this is going to kill the game for good - if dedicated servers over here are not provided. But the problem will also be demand for it, if they see that there is not enough players to keep it active, well, bummer, no way to play at all. I hope for those cases, Killer hosted games might still be a possibility.
Most of the players are from EU, NA, and Asia. I do hope the devs put servers on all continents, but don't pretend that not having servers in SA and AU is going to kill the game.
@Tsulan said:
I don't like to play devil's advocate. But why does everyone think that dedicated servers will solve all the problems this game has? It might improve on some things but probably brings more problems on other things.
Region lock might come back.
Long queues because the closest servers are already full.
Killers might still lag, but affect survivors in a different way.
Fortnite players wanted dedicated servers, and regretted it after they got it.
Why do you think this will be any better?
Oh, it definitely won't solve all the problems (or even most of the problems), but some people just don't seem to understand that dedicated servers have downsides as well.
Yep, can't play during the server maintenance. Or when they get the occasional server downs. It might even require monthly fees... Since behavior isn't ubisoft.
@Tsulan said:
Yep, can't play during the server maintenance. Or when they get the occasional server downs.
It might even require monthly fees...
Since behavior isn't ubisoft.
People in regions without servers get shafted as well, as per usual.
@Tsulan said:
Yep, can't play during the server maintenance. Or when they get the occasional server downs.
It might even require monthly fees...
Since behavior isn't ubisoft.
People in regions without servers get shafted as well, as per usual.
I will say this: it will finally stop "MOM, PULL THE PLUG!" types, and that's a good thing.
@Tsulan said:
Yep, can't play during the server maintenance. Or when they get the occasional server downs.
It might even require monthly fees...
Since behavior isn't ubisoft.
People in regions without servers get shafted as well, as per usual.
Yep, Australia is already trembling. People might not be able to play with their friends, because they life in a different country.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
this will be fun if they maintain the servers like their game
I truly did not see this coming.
Mathieu Côté is life
######### yeah

Wonder if its all platforms? I know when For Honor switched from p2p to servers it was just on PC for a long time. With how much bhvr seems to care about console I'm abit worried.
It seems that it's coming to consoles as well!!! An optimization patch should be coming next patch as well
And when it comes to players in Australia and New Zealand...well, we're all screwed as the servers will be US and EU based and our Ping will skyrocket like 90% of the games out there.
It's all platforms.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33798/dedicated-servers-coming-summer-2019/p1?new=1
muhahaha
pwned
More like bam you've been Peanited™ !!!!!!
Now here's to @Peanits who's had a saying named after him and trademarked. 😁
Yay

Like.. actually? Truly? FOR REAL?
The points some of were arguing about were that it wasn't a panacea that would solve everything which quite a few didn't seem to understand. There was also the cost and that it took time to get everything in place yet people all thought it should happen immediately.
Then you have to realize that to change it from P@P to dedicated servers requires an immense code rewrite from the ground up, that doesn't just magically happen. Hence the console optimizations that're coming and why it's not happening until summer 2019.
Yes they confirmed it on the game awards earlier and top of page @not_Queen also confirmed it.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33798/dedicated-servers-coming-summer-2019#latest
They haven't yet but as it gets closer probably February or March you'll see them discuss it but they'll probably have regional servers same as League of Legends and Overwatch do.
A question on the dedicated servers. Currently, I don't have a decent net connection, but I have 0 problems playing Survivor. I'll get a rare lag pocket against the Doctor when he shocks multiple people. Just a quick hitch. I cannot play Killer though without issues obviously. 4 people connecting to me just nukes my connection.
Will the dedicated servers allow me to play Killer now? Plan on upgrading my connection eventually, but other things take priority atm. If I can play Survivor now without issue, and as long as there's a server reasonably nearby (East Coast US so I figure definitely), I should be okay playing as a Killer on a dedicated?
And here I thought they'd never bother since it always was "too much effort".
You don't have problems to play killer as long as doesn't lose ur connection completely to internet.
You totally ignored all the other reasons why it wasn't feasible at the time people were demanding it.
As a killer, if survivors can't blame me for their ping/latency anymore, does this mean survivors and killers will finally get along!?
For most it'll improve things, while for some others it'll make things bit a worse and the ones that're going to hate it the most are the lag switchers, the hackers etc.
Living in CA, I have never had a problem with my connection, but there have been many times I have been blamed for lag switching, poor ping etc lol.
I am glad they are finally doing this. It's a good sign for the longevity of the game (plus it gives survivors one less thing to blame me for...)
It will be hilarious when survivors realize that the reason that all killers play against are laggy is not the killer side, but their own terrible internet.
Then they will probably start blaming the servers.
Of course. It's never their own problem.
Cali here as well, and mine's usually pretty good especially as a host there's still the occasional hiccup you get on both sides. But I've had killers say they're internet is bad is why the game got laggy and not them lag switching. This despite it only happening during a chase and always for 5-10 seconds and then it'd go back to normal once the person was downed.
Also to those saying it's only the survivors bad skills and not lag switching or the killers bad internet you look really foolish. Both sides have bad connections as well as good connections.
I wonder what the people who blame the Killer for their own crappy connection will say now...
"Killers are DDoSing the servers! Thats why I died!"
Sounds about right.
Turns out a long, long dream comes true.
Region lock might come back.
Long queues because the closest servers are already full.
Killers might still lag, but affect survivors in a different way.
Fortnite players wanted dedicated servers, and regretted it after they got it.
Why do you think this will be any better?
I am from Brazil and I do have the same concern. Probably this is going to kill the game for good - if dedicated servers over here are not provided. But the problem will also be demand for it, if they see that there is not enough players to keep it active, well, bummer, no way to play at all. I hope for those cases, Killer hosted games might still be a possibility.
Oh, it definitely won't solve all the problems (or even most of the problems), but some people just don't seem to understand that dedicated servers have downsides as well.
Most of the players are from EU, NA, and Asia. I do hope the devs put servers on all continents, but don't pretend that not having servers in SA and AU is going to kill the game.
Fun fact: They wanna keep the game alive for 5 years because it will take them 4 years to switch to dedicated servers.
It might even require monthly fees...
Since behavior isn't ubisoft.
People in regions without servers get shafted as well, as per usual.
I will say this: it will finally stop "MOM, PULL THE PLUG!" types, and that's a good thing.
People might not be able to play with their friends, because they life in a different country.
They could keep P2P for KYF, but no dedicated servers are going to change the laws of physics.
As long as there are no region barrieres, it shouldn't be a problem.