Survivors, killers need time to adjust to

There has been alot of post saying that survivors just need to adjust to this patch which I think is mostly true but I haven't seen the reverse. Killers are so use to having to run full slowdown or there games are over in 3 minutes. Now imo you only really need two and you have every chance to win 70% of your games and I believe that once killers figure it out most will cut back on full slow builds because most people like variety. Now of course you'll have a handful of killers that will still run max slowdown but short of capping slowdown that won't change.

I'm asking for survivors to maybe claim down a little and give the community as a whole time to adjust. Oh as stop acting like this is the final version of the game there will be changes BHVR came out and said kill rates were lower then they wanted and buffed killer if they come out and just revert all the changes after a statement like that it makes them look really bad and like they are just listening to one side and not factoring in anything else.

Comments

  • "once killers figure it out most will cut back on full slow builds" - lol, that's not how it works. Just search youtube for "dbd 50 win streak" to understand that people will continue stomping if they are allowed to stomp. Next up: a barrage of videos "dbd 100 win streak"

    Edit: or even better, tell me how it's a balanced game with fair matchmaking that allows 136 wins streak?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpECkjf-Ejo


  • @tester said:

    "once killers figure it out most will cut back on full slow builds" - lol, that's not how it works. Just search youtube for "dbd 50 win streak" to understand that people will continue stomping if they are allowed to stomp. Next up: a barrage of videos "dbd 100 win streak"

    Edit: or even better, tell me how it's a balanced game with fair matchmaking that allows 136 wins streak?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpECkjf-Ejo

    Those dint happen any more since mmr plus the majority of your killer arnt otz and will never be. But by that logic what about all the huge escape streaks that have been posted pre-mmr

  • Lol let's not act like some killers aren't absolutely the type to want to make survivors miserable. Just look at some streamers who play (I won't name them obviously. That's naming and shaming)

    The ones that aren't are already adjusted. Had a decent match against a bubba who had one slowdown perk. He facecamped me for a bit, but I had run him quite a bit, and he eventually gave up on it. I died in the end. He got a 3k. But the match wasn't miserable like the match I had against a Demogorgon who had eruption, call of brine and overcharge and put portals on each of his gens. He got a 4k, but mostly because my teammates gave up after about 10 minutes.

  • @Zexbunny said:

    Lol let's not act like some killers aren't absolutely the type to want to make survivors miserable. Just look at some streamers who play (I won't name them obviously. That's naming and shaming)

    The ones that aren't are already adjusted. Had a decent match against a bubba who had one slowdown perk. He facecamped me for a bit, but I had run him quite a bit, and he eventually gave up on it. I died in the end. He got a 3k. But the match wasn't miserable like the match I had against a Demogorgon who had eruption, call of brine and overcharge and put portals on each of his gens. He got a 4k, but mostly because my teammates gave up after about 10 minutes.

    Of course there will be killers that are like that but the same can be said about survivors but in both cases those are the minority.

    I said that there are things that need to be adjusted but this isn't the end all be all patch there will be more updates coming. Personally I think they need to prioritize solo rn since they didn't roll out any solo buffs with this patch.

  • adapt to what, these buffs? yeah, I adapted fairly easily by barely running any slowdown, and switching it up with chase/aura reading perks.


    I think the people running triple/quadruple slowdown know what they're doing.

  • We've been conditioned to run gen defence, tunnel, and camp for so long that we're physically uncomfortable when we deviate from that playstyle. We do in fact lose games that we should have won when we do that.

    Punish killers for tunneling, while also making it possible for killers to win without tunneling, and you'll change the mindset. But because every anti-tunneling tool that's been introduced has been used offensively, I don't know how we're gonna do that.

  • Sure, let me go into my 'zen position' and let me adjust to the Camping and Tunneling strategies that were only magnified as a result of the patch, and you know the very thing killers were already capable of doing BEFORE the patch.

  • @neb said:

    adapt to what, these buffs? yeah, I adapted fairly easily by barely running any slowdown, and switching it up with chase/aura reading perks.

    I think the people running triple/quadruple slowdown know what they're doing.

    Exactly killers are adjusting and as time goes on more and more will to.

    It took me forever to get over been DSd because I played when ds on first down was a thing.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    We've been conditioned to run gen defence, tunnel, and camp for so long that we're physically uncomfortable when we deviate from that playstyle. We do in fact lose games that we should have won when we do that.

    Punish killers for tunneling, while also making it possible for killers to win without tunneling, and you'll change the mindset. But because every anti-tunneling tool that's been introduced has been used offensively, I don't know how we're gonna do that.

    Its ok it will get better I promise.

    They have to becareful with tunneling because there will always be a situation we're tunneling is necessary even if in 90% of the time the killer can win without tunneling when that 10% shows up it needs to still be possible.

    Also it shouldn't be a priority for the killer more of a last ditch effort in certain situations.

  • @Zexbunny said:

    Lol let's not act like some killers aren't absolutely the type to want to make survivors miserable. Just look at some streamers who play (I won't name them obviously. That's naming and shaming)

    The ones that aren't are already adjusted. Had a decent match against a bubba who had one slowdown perk. He facecamped me for a bit, but I had run him quite a bit, and he eventually gave up on it. I died in the end. He got a 3k. But the match wasn't miserable like the match I had against a Demogorgon who had eruption, call of brine and overcharge and put portals on each of his gens. He got a 4k, but mostly because my teammates gave up after about 10 minutes.

    Let's not act like all Survivors are angels either. Some just go into a match to bully the Killer until they DC or just quits.

    There's two sides of every coin and we can't just focus on one side.

    I also doubt all the people saying every game they are getting tunneled and/or camped. Some survivors claim camping and tunneling when sometimes it's not.

    For example I hooked a survivor and was looking around with BBQ and started to walk off. I wasn't even 5 steps away when I saw a survivor running for the rescue, I gave chase and intercepted them. They looped me around the hooked survivor until they died before I downed them (It was a nasty jungle gym). At end game chat I was accused of camping the hook by 3 survivors, I told them I wasn't even away from the hook before they tried the rescue and they wouldn't lead the chase away from the hooked survivor.....they told me I should of gave them the rescue and stop camping....

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Sure, let me go into my 'zen position' and let me adjust to the Camping and Tunneling strategies that were only magnified as a result of the patch, and you know the very thing killers were already capable of doing BEFORE the patch.

    So if it was already a problem before how it's it a new problem now? The patch didn't cause killers to camp and tunnel because there was plenty of post pre-patch talking about it.

    The devs do need to do adjustments but they aren't just going to wait a week and start changing thing left and right. It's going to take some time.

  • @tester said:

    "once killers figure it out most will cut back on full slow builds" - lol, that's not how it works. Just search youtube for "dbd 50 win streak" to understand that people will continue stomping if they are allowed to stomp. Next up: a barrage of videos "dbd 100 win streak"

    Edit: or even better, tell me how it's a balanced game with fair matchmaking that allows 136 wins streak?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpECkjf-Ejo

    There are literally streamers with 500 escape streaks out there. Your example does not prove anything at all.

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100661#Comment_3100661

    There are literally streamers with 500 escape streaks out there. Your example does not prove anything at all.

    So why's your example of a streamer doing 50 wins in a row but my example of streamers doing the same on the opposite side is invalid?

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100876#Comment_3100876

    So why's your example of a streamer doing 50 wins in a row but my example of streamers doing the same on the opposite side is invalid?

    I never said that, that is exactly my point. Streamers win streaks are not a great way to measure game balance.

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100661#Comment_3100661

    There are literally streamers with 500 escape streaks out there. Your example does not prove anything at all.

    It's the opposite actually. Your example adds even more proof to my example. I said that if people can stomp, they will continue stomping. Rarely anyone ever nerfs themselves just because they already have easy wins.

  • @neb said:

    adapt to what, these buffs? yeah, I adapted fairly easily by barely running any slowdown, and switching it up with chase/aura reading perks.

    I think the people running triple/quadruple slowdown know what they're doing.

    If someone is running 4 slowdowns then they are a idiot because they are not getting full use of them because most of the slowdowns don't synergize with each other anymore.

    Ruin can't be used with any other slowdown perks because of the nature of it.

    Pain Res and DMS combo is gone and Pain Res dosnt show where the Gen is anymore.

    Yes Thanta can be a issue but it has a easy fix....heal. Even if your facing a Plague or Legion survivors do it to themselves allowing Thanta to get so out of hand.

    I don't know about Overcharge and Pop if they combo but I highly doubt they do tbh.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100851#Comment_3100851

    So if it was already a problem before how it's it a new problem now? The patch didn't cause killers to camp and tunnel because there was plenty of post pre-patch talking about it.

    The devs do need to do adjustments but they aren't just going to wait a week and start changing thing left and right. It's going to take some time.

    It is a new problem in that the one thing that you could half-way do was to stick to gens when someone was being camped. Because you knew you had time to finish them all. With the new patch, the gens times have an additional 50 seconds total. That is just at base, not counting for the perks like Thana which did not need to be changed. It's already an issue in SWF so I imagine it's an even worse issue in SoloQ.

    The devs do need to do adjustments but they aren't just going to wait a week and start changing thing left and right. It's going to take some time.

    How will the devs make adjustments if you don't hear from people providing the feedback? I get that maybe some people aren't the best with words and maybe just got camped and tunneled back to back so they aren't going to be in the right mindset to post something, however that doesn't mean that they should try to adjust to something that was already a problem to begin with. This isn't a new issue, just a worse one.

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100878#Comment_3100878

    I never said that, that is exactly my point. Streamers win streaks are not a great way to measure game balance.

    Nevermind wrong person.

    But I do agree streamer shouldn't be the standard.

  • Thinking that while gen defence, camping, and tunneling are the best options people won't use them if they don't have to is the exact type of positive naivety that's been missing on the Forums these past few months.

    While tunneling and camping with stacked slowdown is the best strategy to employ, that will be what people will use. We've seen time and time and time again that the fun strategy and loudout isn't always the strongest, and a vast majority of players would rather take the strongest one in.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100875#Comment_3100875

    It is a new problem in that the one thing that you could half-way do was to stick to gens when someone was being camped. Because you knew you had time to finish them all. With the new patch, the gens times have an additional 50 seconds total. That is just at base, not counting for the perks like Thana which did not need to be changed. It's already an issue in SWF so I imagine it's an even worse issue in SoloQ.

    The devs do need to do adjustments but they aren't just going to wait a week and start changing thing left and right. It's going to take some time.

    How will the devs make adjustments if you don't hear from people providing the feedback? I get that maybe some people aren't the best with words and maybe just got camped and tunneled back to back so they aren't going to be in the right mindset to post something, however that doesn't mean that they should try to adjust to something that was already a problem to begin with. This isn't a new issue.

    I is only 50 seconds if one survivor works on one gen at a time. If 3 survivors are working on 3 different gens that's 10 seconds not 30. They do need to increase hook times or something to make camping less efficient or make deadlock not proc if killer is in x distance of a hook without a survivor with in x distance.

    I'm sure they are listening but they still need to filter out the legitimate complaints and not the overreacting and extreme complaints. I would like to see a BT nerf and then the basekit buff and revert the 3 seconds on ds 2 5. They aren't huge buy I think it would make thing a bit better.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100799#Comment_3100799

    If someone is running 4 slowdowns then they are a idiot because they are not getting full use of them because most of the slowdowns don't synergize with each other anymore.

    Ruin can't be used with any other slowdown perks because of the nature of it.

    Pain Res and DMS combo is gone and Pain Res dosnt show where the Gen is anymore.

    Yes Thanta can be a issue but it has a easy fix....heal. Even if your facing a Plague or Legion survivors do it to themselves allowing Thanta to get so out of hand.

    I don't know about Overcharge and Pop if they combo but I highly doubt they do tbh.

    I've seen some people do Pop + CoB + Overcharge + Eruption

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100885#Comment_3100885

    I've seen some people do Pop + CoB + Overcharge + Eruption

    Really those synergize...I have to look at their descriptions again I didn't think they would tbh....and I forgot about Eruption because I don't have Nemi lmao

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Thinking that while gen defence, camping, and tunneling are the best options people won't use them if they don't have to is the exact type of positive naivety that's been missing on the Forums these past few months.

    While tunneling and camping with stacked slowdown is the best strategy to employ, that will be what people will use. We've seen time and time and time again that the fun strategy and loudout isn't always the strongest, and a vast majority of players would rather take the strongest one in.

    Ita true I do stupidity beloved in humanity lol.

    Before your average killer match was sweat sweat and more sweat. Killers have had it pretty rough for awhile and might be a bit overzealous to let survivors know what it felt like but eventually that will wear off and more killers will mix up builds and things.

    We can't really take everything on these forums as facts because my solo survivor experience has been fun but if you were to look at the forums you would think absolutely no survivor is having fun. I'm not trying to invalidate there experiences just say they're not the whole community.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100902#Comment_3100902

    Really those synergize...I have to look at their descriptions again I didn't think they would tbh....and I forgot about Eruption because I don't have Nemi lmao

    I think they were going for a "I kick this gen and it gets destroyed" type of build.

  • @tester said:

    "once killers figure it out most will cut back on full slow builds" - lol, that's not how it works. Just search youtube for "dbd 50 win streak" to understand that people will continue stomping if they are allowed to stomp. Next up: a barrage of videos "dbd 100 win streak"

    Edit: or even better, tell me how it's a balanced game with fair matchmaking that allows 136 wins streak?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpECkjf-Ejo

    well balanced killer. has lowest kill-rate. apparently. freddy is too strong, 4k too often.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100904#Comment_3100904

    I think they were going for a "I kick this gen and it gets destroyed" type of build.

    Ahhh makes sense but that also requires some set up too because Call of Brine is a scourge perk right?

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100908#Comment_3100908

    Ahhh makes sense but that also requires some set up too because Call of Brine is a scourge perk right?

    Oop no, I think you might be referring to Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage. Call of brine is the onryo perk that makes it so when you kick a gen, it regresses at 200% of the normal regression speed, and notifies you when a survivor is on it when they hit a good skill check.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100911#Comment_3100911

    Oop no, I think you might be referring to Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage. Call of brine is the onryo perk that makes it so when you kick a gen, it regresses at 200% of the normal regression speed, and notifies you when a survivor is on it when they hit a good skill check.

    Oh yes that's right I have her but she's a bit dusty because of how weak her base kit is lol. But that's a pretty nasty build but it looks like it's worse on the final gen.