please do something about the hook suicides
i'm waiting in 5-10 minute killer queues just for matches to get cut short because someone decided they didn't want to play against a certain killer or something. games where the survivors almost immediately get crippled because of a bad teammate aren't fun, especially when they feel like the only kind of games you're getting.
Comments
To be fair I don't want a single game to last 40+ minutes against a forever legion or plague, so if the devs don't come up with a solution for that, there will inevitably be DCs or hook suicides.
If a survivor wants to suicide-on-hook, then they are allowed to play how they want to play. Survivor don't have to play by the killers-handbook and a Survivor's job isn't to insure Killer's have fun.
Remember all those arguments that killers give survivors about face-camping. Well, my how the tables have turned!
Hook suiciding is unsportsmanlike
Game rules and report system — Dead By Daylight
Just so you know that suiciding is not against the rules. DCing is but suiciding on hook isn't.
However, I will tell you this, punishing survivors for hook suiciding will just speed up the collapse of this game. So if that's your goal, then keep advocating for it.
yes, something should be done so that fewer people give up by suiciding on hook. However, that behaviour is a symptom of an jssue and not the issue itself.
This, so much. I cannot get a game as a solo survivor where my teammates actually stick around and play the game. Like 2/3 games involve someone quitting at 5 gens. It's genuinely unplayable. I've had fun in precisely one game today out of... eight? And five of those had me actively enraged at my teammates. The situation is out of control.
Are you seriously claiming this is a killer rulebook thing? It ######### over survivors way more than it messes with killers.
Also, check out the category for 'unsportsmanlike.' Intentionally throwing the game is explicitly against the rules.
so you're cool with screwing over your teammates as well then? hook suiciding benefits absolutely nobody except the person doing it
"punishing players who intentionally throw matches will kill the game"
lol
i can kind of understand this, but this isn't something happening exclusively to forever plagues/legions. i main deathslinger and run mostly niche builds and still get hook suicides in nearly every game. i even get them as sadako lol.
I don't know why that happens with other killers. Went against a deathslinger today - first down DCs, so the other 3 survivors don't even stand a chance.
If that's what the devs meant by "increasing the kill rates" they sure did succeed.
You mean survivors aren't just bots for killers entertainment and have expectations of a match, and when they are not met they move on. I am shocked. In all seriousness, tis patch was awful for the survivor experience, nerfs are one thing, but to ignore survivors one simple request of a serious attempt to fix camping, and slap on a clearly rushed band aid fix, I don't blame any survivor for feeling exhausted with this game. You make everything harder and can't even take the one thing survivors have needed addressed and fail to address it properly.
I say don't punish hook suicides. Why? Because, like camping and tunneling, there are times when hook suicide is a valid strategy, such as when you want to give hatch to your last teammate.
It's also not fair to punish people who get frustrated when they, say, get tunneled, for instance. I'm thoroughly convinced that killers are going to camp and tunnel, regardless of what the devs do to punish or deincentivize it. Perks like BT, DS, or OTR don't stop tunneling; they only delay the inevitable by a very small margin (and the killer buffs and survivor nerfs only made it worse). The only real way to counter tunneling is to remove yourself from the match before the killer does, whether by DCing or suiciding on hook.
"But that would screw over your teammates!"
Would it, though? If the teammates have to get off gens to save me from the hook YET AGAIN, I feel more like a hinderance than a helpful teammate. I got tunneled by a Huntress this morning, and I DC'd on my second down. I spectated the teammates afterwards, and they did just fine without me, if not better. They still lost in the end, but I highly doubt the outcome would have been different even if I had stuck it out to my last hook (which wouldn't have taken long at all).
"You just need to git gud."
It's funny how people say that like it's that easy. It's true that my looping skills leave a lot to be desired, but I have played for just over a year, I've watched video guides on how to loop, and have practiced with a few friends (sadly that was many months ago and currently don't have anyone to practice with). How much longer will it take me to "git gud?"