Red rank

So I'm super new and still happy about it but I just got my second red rank in a row for killer!(for me since patch I've only had 3 quick and easy games) . Just patting myself on the back lol

Comments

  • @JakeCannon said:

    So I'm super new and still happy about it but I just got my second red rank in a row for killer!(for me since patch I've only had 3 quick and easy games) . Just patting myself on the back lol

    Cool, well sorry to disappoint, but red rank means nothing, only an increase in rewards at the end of the month

  • Come on, let them enjoy it. It's still a mark of dedication and overall good games. No need to be rude.

  • Congratulations!

    Someones up for a nice juicy bloodpoint boost on the 13th!

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337798/red-rank

    Cool, well sorry to disappoint, but red rank means nothing, only an increase in rewards at the end of the month

    It doesn't mean nothing, but it doesn't mean much. But that push from gold up and from iri 4 to iri 1 can be a slog sometimes, especially for a new player.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098422#Comment_3098422

    It doesn't mean nothing, but it doesn't mean much. But that push from gold up and from iri 4 to iri 1 can be a slog sometimes, especially for a new player.

    Yeah I guess that's the only redeeming factor, lol

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337798/red-rank

    Cool, well sorry to disappoint, but red rank means nothing, only an increase in rewards at the end of the month

    That's not true, and it's also incredibly rude of you to ######### on someone for being proud of an accomplishment.


    Red rank means something depending on how you achieved it. If you achieved it quickly, winning 80% of your games, you're probably at a pretty good MMR and it's impressive to grind it out. If you played 300 games and only got here as a result of sheer brute force, it might not be such an accomplishment.

    But regardless, I can't think of even one decent reason why you'd comment the way you did. I know the real reason, though. You saw someone claiming some kind of success and it made you feel insecure. You saw an opportunity to beat someone else down in order to build yourself up. You probably didn't even do it on purpose. It's just part of your personality now. I'll pray for you.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098422#Comment_3098422

    That's not true, and it's also incredibly rude of you to ######### on someone for being proud of an accomplishment.

    Red rank means something depending on how you achieved it. If you achieved it quickly, winning 80% of your games, you're probably at a pretty good MMR and it's impressive to grind it out. If you played 300 games and only got here as a result of sheer brute force, it might not be such an accomplishment.

    But regardless, I can't think of even one decent reason why you'd comment the way you did. I know the real reason, though. You saw someone claiming some kind of success and it made you feel insecure. You saw an opportunity to beat someone else down in order to build yourself up. You probably didn't even do it on purpose. It's just part of your personality now. I'll pray for you.

    Holy heck, calm down there mother bear, I was just being blunt

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098446#Comment_3098446

    Holy heck, calm down there mother bear, I was just being blunt

    That's not true. You weren't being blunt. You were both wrong and meanspirited. I don't run around telling children their trophies mean nothing. In fact, I don't do anything to belittle or diminish anyone's achievements. But that's because I'm successful, so I don't need to view the world in terms of pulling other people down to my level.


    You didn't like that someone was proud of an accomplishment you've told yourself isn't valid. So you sought to invalidate their accomplishment. Please, tell me, what do you think of people who do that? What defense could you ever have of a person with that kind of behavior? Especially when it was 100% unsolicited. I'll wait.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098449#Comment_3098449

    That's not true. You weren't being blunt. You were both wrong and meanspirited. I don't run around telling children their trophies mean nothing. In fact, I don't do anything to belittle or diminish anyone's achievements. But that's because I'm successful, so I don't need to view the world in terms of pulling other people down to my level.

    You didn't like that someone was proud of an accomplishment you've told yourself isn't valid. So you sought to invalidate their accomplishment. Please, tell me, what do you think of people who do that? What defense could you ever have of a person with that kind of behavior? Especially when it was 100% unsolicited. I'll wait.

    You are quite... aggressive for some rando online, guess I'll remember to look out for you on the thread before I comment, jeez

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098460#Comment_3098460

    You are quite... aggressive for some rando online, guess I'll remember to look out for you on the thread before I comment, jeez

    You just told someone their accomplishment means nothing, unsolicited on an online forum. Is that anything but aggression? You owe him an apologize. I suggest you man up and deliver it.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098472#Comment_3098472

    You just told someone their accomplishment means nothing, unsolicited on an online forum. Is that anything but aggression? You owe him an apologize. I suggest you man up and deliver it.

    Jeez, I don't owe anyone anything, especially someone who is forcing me to apologize for something OP doesn't care about, if it really means that much to OP, then I'll apologize

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098473#Comment_3098473

    Jeez, I don't owe anyone anything, especially someone who is forcing me to apologize for something OP doesn't care about, if it really means that much to OP, then I'll apologize

    So you don't apologize when you've behaved like a terrible human being, you only apologize if it "really means that much" to someone? Tell us you're horrible without telling us you're horrible.


    I'm a man. I apologize when I've wronged someone. Though I would not have been intentionally cruel and belittling to someone in the first place. If I did, I'd make it right and apologize. Also, just to help your personal development, apologizing isn't difficult to do. "You're right, that was trash behavior. I'm sorry bro" should be in your vocabulary. A person who can't right his wrongs, even the small ones, is destined to be insecure and avoidant in all the ways that matter in life.

    You have an opportunity to show some spine and do the right thing. If you cannot do it in the small moments, how will you rise to the occasion when you are truly needed?

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098492#Comment_3098492

    So you don't apologize when you've behaved like a terrible human being, you only apologize if it "really means that much" to someone? Tell us you're horrible without telling us you're horrible.

    I'm a man. I apologize when I've wronged someone. Though I would not have been intentionally cruel and belittling to someone in the first place. If I did, I'd make it right and apologize. Also, just to help your personal development, apologizing isn't difficult to do. "You're right, that was trash behavior. I'm sorry bro" should be in your vocabulary. A person who can't right his wrongs, even the small ones, is destined to be insecure and avoidant in all the ways that matter in life.

    You have an opportunity to show some spine and do the right thing. If you cannot do it in the small moments, how will you rise to the occasion when you are truly needed?

    Wow, you're a man? Congratulations, what does that have to do with anything? I don't mind showing respect for OP, but not when I'm being forced by some online mama ready to tear apart anyone who says anything mildly rude or blunt

  • @JakeCannon said:

    So I'm super new and still happy about it but I just got my second red rank in a row for killer!(for me since patch I've only had 3 quick and easy games) . Just patting myself on the back lol

    Don't listen to the jaded peeps here, be happy for your achievement! Good job, keep going!

    Reaching rank Iri1 will net you +1 Million bloodpoints on August the 13th and reset you back to Ash1.

    As you get better at killing survivors you will raise your (invisible) MMR number, though, and eventually be matched with tougher survivors, until you have to REALLY work for your pips and you'll be living in constant fear of depipping due to a couple bad matches :P

    People always say "rank means nothing and is just a measure of the time you invested since last rank reset", but that is only partial true, since you won't automatically rank up just by wasting time, you also need to play good 5 times in a row or more.

    So have fun on your journey and don't stress about it too much, but enjoy the pretty Iri colors.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098502#Comment_3098502

    Wow, you're a man? Congratulations, what does that have to do with anything? I don't mind showing respect for OP, but not when I'm being forced by some online mama ready to tear apart anyone who says anything mildly rude or blunt

    You haven't shown respect for OP yet. You need somebody to tell you again? You waiting on an invitation to do the right thing? People are here congratulating this person and you're off crying to me about how you shouldn't have to apologize.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098553#Comment_3098553

    You haven't shown respect for OP yet. You need somebody to tell you again? You waiting on an invitation to do the right thing? People are here congratulating this person and you're off crying to me about how you shouldn't have to apologize.

    Dude! I was really on your side when you started your crusade, rooting for you and thought "woah, what a cool and wholesome guy!", but you crossed the cringe line a couple of posts ago and just keep running.

    Just drop the matter, mate. Trust me on that, by now you're only making a fool out of yourself and helping no one.

    There are other battles out there that are more worthy of being fought :)

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098564#Comment_3098564

    Dude! I was really on your side when you started your crusade, rooting for you and thought "woah, what a cool and wholesome guy!", but you crossed the cringe line a couple of posts ago and just keep running.

    Just drop the matter, mate. Trust me on that, by now you're only making a fool out of yourself and helping no one.

    There are other battles out there that are more worthy of being fought :)

    I didn't need you to be my cheerleader and I don't need you now. When I see something that isn't right, I speak up. You can cringe all you like.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098574#Comment_3098574

    I didn't need you to be my cheerleader and I don't need you now. When I see something that isn't right, I speak up. You can cringe all you like.

    Well, you do you, I was just trying to help.

    Bye.

  • Thanks Bae. Best of luck.

  • @JakeCannon said:

    So I'm super new and still happy about it but I just got my second red rank in a row for killer!(for me since patch I've only had 3 quick and easy games) . Just patting myself on the back lol

    Congrats. I am still yet to make the push to red ranks myself on killer. Highest I've gotten is Gold 2. Killer feels like too much of a slog to me most of the time so I struggle playing it for more than say an hour at a time. Makes grinding it a problem.

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337798/red-rank

    Congrats. I am still yet to make the push to red ranks myself on killer. Highest I've gotten is Gold 2. Killer feels like too much of a slog to me most of the time so I struggle playing it for more than say an hour at a time. Makes grinding it a problem.

    I generally only play about 1-3 matches at a time . I'll usually play mid day depending on my schedule and at night but at night are the sweatiest mfs on here so day time is generally a little easier on me

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337798/red-rank

    Cool, well sorry to disappoint, but red rank means nothing, only an increase in rewards at the end of the month

    I should have honestly put that in there , I know it awards almost nothing other than the self satisfaction of getting to the top and a million BP . Purely a "I did well enough in less than 30 games to get to red rank" type of bragging post . I didn't take it too hard , but I know alot of other people take that as a downplay to my achievement. Truth is no one is as proud of me as I am of this and that's totally okay lol

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Congratulations!

    Someones up for a nice juicy bloodpoint boost on the 13th!

    Can't wait ! I'm not rolling in BP rn so I definitely could use the extra when the time comes

  • @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098422#Comment_3098422

    I should have honestly put that in there , I know it awards almost nothing other than the self satisfaction of getting to the top and a million BP . Purely a "I did well enough in less than 30 games to get to red rank" type of bragging post . I didn't take it too hard , but I know alot of other people take that as a downplay to my achievement. Truth is no one is as proud of me as I am of this and that's totally okay lol

    Hey more power to ya but I agree tbh grades mean nothing....to me....the storm that came from that was uncalled for tbh because NO ONE can control what someone else says.....unless it's a Mod...they control us all

    ALL HAIL THR MIGHTY MODS THISE WHO SPEAK AND WE LISTEN......

    Ahem jokes aside you make it how you want it.

  • @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098422#Comment_3098422

    I should have honestly put that in there , I know it awards almost nothing other than the self satisfaction of getting to the top and a million BP . Purely a "I did well enough in less than 30 games to get to red rank" type of bragging post . I didn't take it too hard , but I know alot of other people take that as a downplay to my achievement. Truth is no one is as proud of me as I am of this and that's totally okay lol

    Thank you, that's a great response, rather than what that other guy started freaking out about, good job and good luck in the next one