My humble opinion on the SOLOQ IS DESTROYED trend
I am a main killer so i will not lie, i might be kinda based. I play since the hag launch and the game got a lot of ups and downs to me till today, with killers being the most damaged role until this new patch.
After playing for such a long time I (i will not say as the whole killer community) felt that the killers had to create an tolerance skill, to the nerfs, the bullying and the game in general, the ones that didnt created that just stopped playing or switched roles (and thats fine tbh).
The last patch was an good patch overall to M1 killers, and some of us started to vent the older angers against survivors (it will get better with time), but since the patch dropped a lot of Influencers started to say that "Solo is dead because killer is too strong" no thats not true at all, some survivors were in a confortable position BEFORE the patch and were hard carried by perks, when they lost these advantages (to some extent) they couldnt deal with their lack of ability because they dont have the "tolerance skill" i said before, so they just DC, and just then the other survivors in SOLO Q cant win a trial. SWF just dc less overall because playing with friends gives you an certain amount of tolerance on its own.
TL DR: Solo q is being damaged not by the killers buffs, but by the survivors DCing
Comments
It's nothing to do with pirates of the Caribbean. i've never watched any of them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_I,_Holy_Roman_Emperor Is the original Barbarossa,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayreddin_Barbarossa Is the original Pirate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Barbossa Is whom i think you're referring to.
"Barbossa's name is based on Ottoman admiral, Hayreddin Barbarossa."
I've used this name since my vanilla wow days, i liked the name Barbarossa from my days of playing Age of Empires 2.
You are acting as if "the evil killer mains" don't play the same game as you do.
Destroyed no, harder certainly and brutally so in certain circumstances. That does get worse when you have one of the four yeeting themselves out of the match at the first opportunity, whether by DC or suicide. You definitely have to be on top of it, even at the meme tier level I play at, because mistakes compound harder and faster. That's probably appropriate I suppose - if the killer is playing a laser-focus game then you should need to too. Of course as a survivor that's a pretty precarious situation because that means you need the other three to be doing so as well.
I get the sense that that a lot of people were very used to the status quo for one thing. Hell I didn't realize I'd gotten accustomed to the idea that in many matches (where realistically I stood no chance against the killer one on one) I could escape because I'd been put in with a capable survivor who could carry the game so long as they could keep the killer's attention, and I paid enough attention to do gens and unhook them if needed. On the other hand, in a rare few games that had been me. That's not so much the case now, although I grant to what extent that's true might take a bit to become really apparent - lots of DCs, people learning what's good again, and matchmaking reset all muddy the water.
I've noticed that (not across the board but in general) very long-tme players have tended to be less ruffled about things, although many if not most seem to think some tweaks are definitely in order, and even I can see the validity there. The core issue, that's already been mentioned by others, of the disparity between the SWF and solo experience remains though. Seeing as it looks like any movement in that area is going to take a while I suspect you will see a number of solo survivors bleed off (or switch to killer). It is definitely a more punishing experience, although to what degree the level you're playing at makes a difference I don't know.
I know I've been choosing to invest my time elsewhere, at least until this patch has set for a while. The chaos after it was not the best experience. It also doesn't help if you prefer to goof around for the experience rather than a competitive outcome, which paradoxically when you're a survivor and then escape shuttles you to the realm of people with the inverse priority. Going beyond the topic there though I suppose.
for your comment i will suposse you have 1000+ hours in this game. So much true, its better to let the update settle down. Yet there are some youtubers like CoconutRT that is trying to show builds and such for solo players to try and get better.
Developers update are like that one step at a time, now it was a killer patch, next we might get some balance patches, and then the Soloq change. Thats how it worked over the years.
I guess the most easy to make fixes are 1- updating the icons for survs + game gestures, 2- Put an in game proximity voice chat
I haven’t had a bad solo q experience with survivor. I don’t know it hadn't really bothered me like it has so many others. Only real issue is the other survivors dcing. 🤷♂️
Main killer? No one asked you :)
Honestly I'm sat at ~250 hours with DBD and I suspect now split evenly between survivor (solo) and killer. I do have a couple of decades gaming behind me, sometimes competitively in titles better suited for it. There does come a point where every mechanic is a variant of something you've seen before in terms of principle, but technique and good application are always things you have to build for the title to some degree. DBD has some good depth in that respect. I've seen balance upheavals before too and of course that can go a lot of ways, especially if a long-term 'settled meta' gets flipped.
As you say the relevant creators/invested players will be working out what's good or wise in the new environment, and of course clearly there's more adjustment coming down the line. The former will at least establish some means to be relatively confident about your choices if you're looking for efficiency rather than memes for now.
Some additional comms/awareness tools are absolutely warranted. In general you're never going to completely bridge the gap between even a group with a low level of comms/cohesion and a group of solo players but you can certainly reduce that disparity in this case. In the interim, no doubt, you're going to see some people bounce off or change their principle method of play (favouring swf play/going killer more) but isn't that always the case when balance shifts, at least for a while? As I mentioned for my part the take away is basically 'Don't be complacent and expect to still have things go your way', along with some of the in vogue killer set ups being 'Say your prayers because you're gonna need to find Jesus'.
I play both sides, more Survivor than Killer. Solo Queue only as Survivor cause I work Graveyard Shift and play EARLY morning US. Solo Queue is fine. The OP is not wrong, the only real issue is Survivors who are Rage Quitting, or killing themselves on first hook.
Then there are those who are just plain playing stupid because they are LOST without the old Survivor meta.
It has very little to do with Killer buffs, and everything to do with Survivors. It's self inflicted wounds. Without their old meta, they just quit. Without their old meta, they are CLUELESS, and do some of the DUMBEST things I've ever seen. As someone who never used that old meta, solo survivor has only gotten harder because team mates are BAD. Other than that, it's the same it's always been for me.
I always played soloq survivor and always did fine. I can get it people calling it frustrating, but if you call it unplayable ur either terrible at the game or biased af and used to get carried by swf. What ruins soloq is people dcing like actual manchilds instead of playing the game.
I dont want to be the conspiracy theorist and say that the DCs are people trying to mess up the data. But i will acknowledge that the dcs are happenning and messing up the trial experience, spiking up kill counts.
thats unexpected, i hope you find the game fun in the most part bro. I guess the competitive gaming backstory you have made you a better player overall
And let’s say the matches where survivors don’t DC what’s your opinion?
if they dont kill themselves on the hook, the game has a better chance to get a win. But (again on my opinion) the 10 seconds extra on gens hurts the solo survivors since they dont have the same gen pressure as swf (they dont communicate and go for a double hook save sometimes), dead hard change also dont buy them those extra loops that would give them time, and DS now doesnt buy that much of time.
These three things together made it harder to soloq, since it was powerfull tools that could mitigate the lack of comms (the same tools that in swf were pretty broken).
Now you have to change DH for SB or Lithe, and DS for OTR, but personally if i was from the balance team from BHV i would let the old gen times on Solo trials, at least until an appropriate communication get made