Tried full sweat Legion... LOL

I just tried this full sweat build as a test. I'd normally do not subject anyone to such torture. They tried their best. Distributed between gens in different corners. Didn't loop bad at all. I didn't tunnel and didn't camp even for a moment. And they miraculously managed to finish 1 gen. If I chose to tunnel, they wouldn't even finish 1. How is this okay for balance?

tryhard1.jpg

tryhard2.jpg


Comments

  • Congratulations on winning a game of dead by daylight. Your cookie is in the mail.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Why would you bring Frank's Mix Tape with Fuming Mix Tape. That makes no sense.

    Because Fuming Mix Tape is bugged. Gens do not regress. I actually had to kick them. Try this combo yourself. I don't know of there is bug report about it already.

  • Soon as health bar turns yellow and that thanatophobia icon appears its straight out the fire exit door ain't no way i'm staying for that its either death on first hook or DC if some annoying Jill tries saving me and prolonging my boredom, rather spend 5 mins getting a coffee than 5 mins slugged by a legion lmao

  • This looks insane. Seen a few videos as well and if this is what the new DbD is like I sure don’t feel like playing haha

  • @Roaroftime said:

    Soon as health bar turns yellow and that thanatophobia icon appears its straight out the fire exit door ain't no way i'm staying for that its either death on first hook or DC if some annoying Jill tries saving me and prolonging my boredom, rather spend 5 mins getting a coffee than 5 mins slugged by a legion lmao

    Yeah, understandable. I do the same. But these survivors fought to the bitter end. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to illustrate that current legion meta needs a nerf.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083432#Comment_3083432

    I'm not making an entire topic about my mundane victories, such as successfully posting a comment or winning a match in a video game.

    He is posting a thread to state how unbalanced a build is right now, which is important for forum discussions. The only one only wanting to troll and call atention here is you. Stop being toxic.

  • What's the point? That you can win a game as killer? It's not statistically significant, nor does it mean anything at all. It's one game.

    It'd be like if I posted a screenshot of my last escape and said like "wow unbeatable build" cuz I got out once. Come on.

  • @Malkhrim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083435#Comment_3083435

    He is posting a thread to state how unbalanced a build is right now, which is important for forum discussions. The only one only wanting to troll and call atention here is you. Stop being toxic.

    It's a thread complaining about the same easily countered stuff on a B tier killer that the hate bandwagon is trying to get gutted. I'm sick of it.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083432#Comment_3083432

    I'm not making an entire topic about my mundane victories, such as successfully posting a comment or winning a match in a video game.

    You missunderstood the point of this post.

  • At least two people told me to try Legion with his mean stuff on before I pass judgement, so I did. About 10 games in, it's a mix. I have absolutely won and absolutely lost and the only difference between the two was how bad the survivors wanted to win.

    At the end of the day, if the team splits up, legion is an M1 killer who cannot use his power to down at loops.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    At least two people told me to try Legion with his mean stuff on before I pass judgement, so I did. About 10 games in, it's a mix. I have absolutely won and absolutely lost and the only difference between the two was how bad the survivors wanted to win.

    At the end of the day, if the team splits up, legion is an M1 killer who cannot use his power to down at loops.

    Try exactly my build. Prioritize kicking gens over looping. Only down people who are out positioned. You will be surprised what standing around gen for 25 seconds and doing nothing does to their progress.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083477#Comment_3083477

    Try exactly my build. Prioritize kicking gens over looping. Only down people who are out positioned. You will be surprised what standing around gen for 25 seconds and doing nothing does to their progress.

    So I played a fairly sweaty build that included perpetual frenzy addons, discordance, and thana. If you believe your build is that much sweatier than mine, then sure, you got your easy win -> But then you're just like the survivors I was describing who wanted it more.

  • I'm surv main I did something similar but with nurse with an aura reading and exposed build Hex: Haunted Ground + Hex: Retribution + Starstruck + Undying and got a 3k because I felt bad and let a Dwight go as I was playing as toxic as I could because that's what the devs want apparently (but don't tell them I let Dwight have hatch or else they'll remove hatch). Also I've barely played nurse probs less than 3 hours on nurse :/ Just wanted to see how easy killer was now and yes, it's easy

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083494#Comment_3083494

    So I played a fairly sweaty build that included perpetual frenzy addons, discordance, and thana. If you believe your build is that much sweatier than mine, then sure, you got your easy win -> But then you're just like the survivors I was describing who wanted it more.

    I'm not sure I understand your comment. Yes, I consider build with 4 gen slowdowns absolutely sweatiest. You wasted perk slot on Discordance. Smart survivors would make it useless.

  • A screenshot or two doesn't really show anything. We can't tell how good of a killer you are or how good your opponents were.

  • If you ignore the fact that the survivors aren't bringing the sweatiest stuff and they managed to get to 1 gen, then yeah, it's not exactly fun for the survivors. Also I see that it's macmillian but what macmillian map? Cause there's a pretty big difference between coal tower and ironworks.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Not sure if I'm allowed to call out a bug (because I guess it's technically an exploit if you use it intentionally?) but some of your combination of perks are apparently bugged and bugged in a way that benefits the killer a lot more. Hopefully it's fixed soon...

    You mean there is something in addition to Fuming Mix Tape that is supposed to regress gens not being worked on, but actually doesn't do it in this build?

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083511#Comment_3083511

    I'm not sure I understand your comment. Yes, I consider build with 4 gen slowdowns absolutely sweatiest. You wasted perk slot on Discordance. Smart survivors would make it useless.

    My point is I don't need to try your exact build. I've played enough to know how sweaty I was being.

    If a Legion wants to win that badly, they're going to find a way. It's not markedly different from much of the roster now, I imagine some holdouts like clown are still doodoo.

  • @RenRen said:

    If you ignore the fact that the survivors aren't bringing the sweatiest stuff and they managed to get to 1 gen, then yeah, it's not exactly fun for the survivors. Also I see that it's macmillian but what macmillian map? Cause there's a pretty big difference between coal tower and ironworks.

    It was coal tower. What is considered sweatiest stuff now? I don't think even 4 BNPs with max charge toolboxes would change the outcome. I don't think that if they managed to finish 2 gens instead of 1, it would make significant difference in the fact that the current legion slowdown meta is utterly broken.

  • According to killer mains on the forums and killer mains on YouTube, legion is actually a bad killer. Despite just about every soloQ survivor saying they would rather die on first hook than play the game out.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083581#Comment_3083581

    It was coal tower. What is considered sweatiest stuff now? I don't think even 4 BNPs with max charge toolboxes would change the outcome. I don't think that if they managed to finish 2 gens instead of 1, it would make significant difference in the fact that the current legion slowdown meta is utterly broken.

    So one of the maps that people say is more balanced. I'm not completely sure what would qualify for the most sweatiest stuff but I don't think bringing flashlights, empathy, calm spirit, 3 boons on 1 character, and bringing a brown medkit and a yellow medkit with 1 extra heal is that sweaty.

    If I remember correctly bnp is bugged but if it wasn't It would make a difference due to bnp not being affected by thanataphobia.

  • @Biscuits said:

    According to killer mains on the forums and killer mains on YouTube, legion is actually a bad killer. Despite just about every soloQ survivor saying they would rather die on first hook than play the game out.

    I think they were saying it before the patch. Never heard that after the patch. But if you have a link to a video made after the patch, I'd be interested in watching.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083605#Comment_3083605

    So one of the maps that people say is more balanced. I'm not completely sure what would qualify for the most sweatiest stuff but I don't think bringing flashlights, empathy, calm spirit, 3 boons on 1 character, and bringing a brown medkit and a yellow medkit with 1 extra heal is that sweaty.

    If I remember correctly bnp is bugged but if it wasn't It would make a difference due to bnp not being affected by thanataphobia.

    Ohh, I didn't say they had sweaty builds. They are just your average builds. I can't even think of what is sweaty now with IW and DH gone. It feels like all the sweaty stuff was taken away from survivors.

    BNPs wouldn't help much, because I had Frank's Mix Tape and was kicking gens right after applying deep wound, so they would have to watch it regress while mending. And then, when first person goes down, they would have to stay incapacitated for 25 seconds and watch me kicking it again.


    It's really super frustrating for survivors build. I was on receiving end yesterday and we just couldn't progress. My gen was at 90%, I was chased away and by the time I unhooked 1, healed 2 and came back it was at 0%. I just couldn't believe it. I've never seen such quick regression before.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083615#Comment_3083615

    I think they were saying it before the patch. Never heard that after the patch. But if you have a link to a video made after the patch, I'd be interested in watching.

    He has another video to where he tries to explain how to counter legion. The reality is, a good legion is a patient legion, and no amount of pallet camping is going to get you away from his hits.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_OuX6738kM

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083628#Comment_3083628

    He has another video to where he tries to explain how to counter legion. The reality is, a good legion is a patient legion, and no amount of pallet camping is going to get you away from his hits.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_OuX6738kM

    Ohh, I see why he is confused about it. He is concentrating on Thana. He is also comparing to Plague. That would be valid before the patch. But with Ruin ruined and POP useless, the new slowdown meta of kicking gens, high mobility became much more important. This is something Legion has and Plague doesn't.

  • This isn't even the worst it could be tbh

    Thana + Pentimento + Dying Light and maybe Call of Brine or a hex totem that survivors will want to get rid of

    And before you call dying light horrible, let me just show you some quick math:

    If everyone is injured, thana slows gens by 22% so that's 115.38s for 1 gen solo (90/0.78

    Now, let's assume you've got 3 non obsession hooks, that's 9%. (90/0.69) = 130 seconds.

    Throw in pentimento? Why not. (90/0.39) = For a grand total of 230 seconds for a solo surv on a gen


    Now granted, this wouldn't all happen at once since getting Pentimento to work for you is harder than thana/dying light but think about it

    If circumstances allow, you can almost triple generator repair time.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    This isn't even the worst it could be tbh

    Thana + Pentimento + Dying Light and maybe Call of Brine or a hex totem that survivors will want to get rid of

    And before you call dying light horrible, let me just show you some quick math:

    If everyone is injured, thana slows gens by 22% so that's 115.38s for 1 gen solo (90/0.78

    Now, let's assume you've got 3 non obsession hooks, that's 9%. (90/0.69) = 130 seconds.

    Throw in pentimento? Why not. (90/0.39) = For a grand total of 230 seconds for a solo surv on a gen

    Now granted, this wouldn't all happen at once since getting Pentimento to work for you is harder than thana/dying light but think about it

    If circumstances allow, you can almost triple generator repair time.

    Dying light is not bad. But Pentimento without Plaything is completely useless, but even that is hit and miss since survivors can just ignore Plaything. Survivors that bring COH don't do totems without a good reason. And nobody sane does totems when pressured hard.

    Eruption is much stronger. 25 seconds not doing anything is equivalent to 90 / 25 * 100 = 36% of gen progress. And if you have 2 people scream at the same time, that's 72% of gen progress. Since one is always in chase or hooked, the most you can get with Eruption is 108% of progress worth in terms of time.

    Also, because 1 kick applies all 3 slowdown perks at once, it's very efficient. Plus, I use frenzy not only for hits, but also for getting to gens faster, so even more time saving.

    So, I believe my build is the best for Legion slowdown. It might be different for other killers.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083743#Comment_3083743

    Dying light is not bad. But Pentimento without Plaything is completely useless, but even that is hit and miss since survivors can just ignore Plaything. Survivors that bring COH don't do totems without a good reason. And nobody sane does totems when pressured hard.

    Eruption is much stronger. 25 seconds not doing anything is equivalent to 90 / 25 * 100 = 36% of gen progress. And if you have 2 people scream at the same time, that's 72% of gen progress. Since one is always in chase or hooked, the most you can get with Eruption is 108% of progress worth in terms of time.

    Also, because 1 kick applies all 3 slowdown perks at once, it's very efficient. Plus, I use frenzy not only for hits, but also for getting to gens faster, so even more time saving.

    So, I believe my build is the best for Legion slowdown. It might be different for other killers.

    Well yeah I meant in terms of pure gen action speed slowdown

    People also forget legion makes people mend which is additional stall since nothing can speed up mending really

  • @tester said:

    I just tried this full sweat build as a test. I'd normally do not subject anyone to such torture. They tried their best. Distributed between gens in different corners. Didn't loop bad at all. I didn't tunnel and didn't camp even for a moment. And they miraculously managed to finish 1 gen. If I chose to tunnel, they wouldn't even finish 1. How is this okay for balance?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IFQUH0ZQJP09/tryhard1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CFI446TEQCC0/tryhard2.jpg

    I mean not for nothin, you got some mediocre survivors there, one of them has green perks and there are questionable choices. Also I'll say it again, if slowdown legion is a problem now he was. A problem last patch. There's 2 percent buff on thana and everyone acting like "omg this patch slowdown". Matches on average are not taking too long at all. You just had a really good game with your legion build.


    This isn't news. It's one of the many ways a game can play out given certain maps perks and skill levels.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336512/tried-full-sweat-legion-lol

    I mean not for nothin, you got some mediocre survivors there, one of them has green perks and there are questionable choices. Also I'll say it again, if slowdown legion is a problem now he was. A problem last patch. There's 2 percent buff on thana and everyone acting like "omg this patch slowdown". Matches on average are not taking too long at all. You just had a really good game with your legion build.

    This isn't news. It's one of the many ways a game can play out given certain maps perks and skill levels.

    You are completely ignoring sooooo many factors. Let's combine everything

    1. Thana buffed
    2. Eruption buffed and is brutal is solo
    3. Overcharge buffed
    4. BBQ nerfed, so can replace with Call of Brian
    5. Legion mobility allows to quickly apply Eruption, Overcharge and CofB to multiple gens.
    6. Legion doesn't need to waste perk slots on tracking perks, since tracking is build in after first hit. So it can all be slowdown