Overreacting about solo Q

Solo Q has always been the same. I would say low MMR solo q is really the only actuall disadvantage for solo survivors, but mid and high mmr solo q is not that mutch different before and after patch. Once you play the game so much you have a general idea of where people are and what they are doing. I've played solo q for 3,500k hours and maybe 500 hours of swf, and at this point the only disadvantage of solo q is not being able to communicate where hex totems are. Overall in higher to mid MMR you sont really need a mic because most of the time survivors have a general idea of what's going on and when and where to do things at certain times. The only thing that really makes this invalid is if the mmr system cucks you up and gives you a urban evading self caring nea when you are on the higher side of mmr.

Now people are going crazy on how bad solo q is after patch. I understand this because my experiences after patch is mostly just people not doing gens, but that's to expect right now. Thinking of sitting on a gen for 2 years is very unappealing and most survivors would want to do something else like try to use a perk, get chased, or do differnt objectives like totems chests or anything but gens. But that's just right now. In a moth or 2 gen rushing will be back and killers will start complaining about that again, but we armt going to get deep into that.

Along with gen times being increased people say solo q is terrible after patch because ds and dh were nerfed giving them no second chances (and the meta perks in general), but this teaches survivors not to rely on gen rush and no skill perks. Survivors were able to use these perks with not mutch skill and waste so mutch of the killers time. I'm not exactly blaming the survivors though because having the ability to use these perks just made things mutch easier and I would more blaim the devs for allowing for such a huge handicap in this game. That leads to people now not being able to rely on there second chance perks anymore and now it's coming out that the majority of people are very bad at looping and survivors just have to go through that stage of getting good at looping with no perks to help. Once people adapt things will go back to normal and this game will be heading in a very positive direction. (It has been for a while but it will be even more)

Comments


  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082310#Comment_3082310

    Except 90% of players in SoloQ are bad. By you’re survivors should lose 90% of the time beacuse BHVR doesn’t know what a skill play is. In most team games you can most definitely carry by yourself. This logic would hold if SoloQ wasn’t the weakest role in the game.

    Is it sometimes good to raise the skill floor? Yes

    Is it good if you're using "90%" to describe the effects it had in less than a week?

    Maybe. I don't know. It just doesn't seem like you're open to the idea that ANY increase could possibly be too much at once

  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082452#Comment_3082452

    Those statistics were cooked and paid for by behavior. It's a lot worse.

    No, the stats someone posted weren't from Behavior.

  • @brewingtea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082327#Comment_3082327

    Is it sometimes good to raise the skill floor? Yes

    Is it good if you're using "90%" to describe the effects it had in less than a week?

    Maybe. I don't know. It just doesn't seem like you're open to the idea that ANY increase could possibly be too much at once

    They were always bad. It’s not a an effect it’s a cause. Because the teammates are always horrendous at the game doing the killers job more effectively than them the effect is that SoloQ is miserable because so many killer perks revolve around needing coordination like slowdown and Hex totems.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088912#Comment_3088912

    Shrug.

    You said 'being able to'. Not 'can'. Considering that these games no longer exist, it's a bit pointless to talk about 'can'.

    But okay, if you want to be pedantic - what exactly is stopping you from literally doing anything for 2+ minutes in DbD, aside from someone either slugging you to death at endgame (fixed in the upcoming mori patch) or walling someone in (bannable, and also partially fixed)?

    The killer body blocking you in a corner, survivors playing hide and seek, getting face camped, getting slugged.

  • @drakolyr said:

    Its not overreacting.

    Killer mains now posting that survivors are fine, when some things are clearly broken. Killers shouldnt 4k nearly every match. I mean the argument "survivor sided" came, with SWF's, which are just a tiny part of the survivor population.

    But i guess it will be complained about long killer queue.

    The game should be fun for both sides. And solo q was before not good, now its really not enjoyable.

    Survivors are fine only tunneling and camping for now need to be nerfed. But that means killers need still more buffs. I have played now agains't only high mmr survivors and it's hard to beat them still they pop now 2 gens instead 3 at beginning and they all can loop well it sucks.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3088938#Comment_3088938

    The killer body blocking you in a corner, survivors playing hide and seek, getting face camped, getting slugged.

    • Body blocking is bannable, and AFAIK you now lose collision after a bit.
    • Hide and seek is also bannable, as 'taking the game hostage'.
    • Getting face camped is not 'doing nothing', you should be calling stuff out on voicechat and preparing to go when your team moves in for the trade. It sucks, but it's not what you are describing.
    • Bleeding out, again, will be fixed with the mori rework.

    Your move.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091044#Comment_3091044

    • Body blocking is bannable, and AFAIK you now lose collision after a bit.
    • Hide and seek is also bannable, as 'taking the game hostage'.
    • Getting face camped is not 'doing nothing', you should be calling stuff out on voicechat and preparing to go when your team moves in for the trade. It sucks, but it's not what you are describing.
    • Bleeding out, again, will be fixed with the mori rework.

    Your move.

    Does not stop someone from doing it or making multiple accounts. No you don’t, just had a Wraith game Body-block someone the entire game, literally entire game more than 5 minutes and the Quintin still could not get out.

    Does not stop people from doing it in the first place. It’s cool you can report them, just like you can report hackers yet for some reason there are still a huge problem with hacking. Almost as if reporting does absolutely nothing.

    I guess SoloQ the majority of the player base just does not exist to you. Ok then what does a SoloQ survivor getting Bubba face camped sound to you?

    It takes 4 minutes to bleed out. You’re really bad at this. At least you tried, A for effort

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091044#Comment_3091044

    • Body blocking is bannable, and AFAIK you now lose collision after a bit.
    • Hide and seek is also bannable, as 'taking the game hostage'.
    • Getting face camped is not 'doing nothing', you should be calling stuff out on voicechat and preparing to go when your team moves in for the trade. It sucks, but it's not what you are describing.
    • Bleeding out, again, will be fixed with the mori rework.

    Your move.

    Also what’s there to call out? “HES LOOKING AT ME HE’S LOOKING AT ME. HE’S STILL STARING, STILL STARING, STILL STAARING, STI-.” And ######### would any coordination with a Bubba or Iri head huntress, or Trickster face camping?

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091457#Comment_3091457

    Does not stop someone from doing it or making multiple accounts. No you don’t, just had a Wraith game Body-block someone the entire game, literally entire game more than 5 minutes and the Quintin still could not get out.

    Does not stop people from doing it in the first place. It’s cool you can report them, just like you can report hackers yet for some reason there are still a huge problem with hacking. Almost as if reporting does absolutely nothing.

    I guess SoloQ the majority of the player base just does not exist to you. Ok then what does a SoloQ survivor getting Bubba face camped sound to you?

    It takes 4 minutes to bleed out. You’re really bad at this. At least you tried, A for effort

    • No, you're being silly now. You may as well start saying 'well, hackers'. Duh, people will hack and find ways to exploit. All you can do is fix these where they can, and ban people. You can't 'fix' hacking, because, right now, it's a huge money industry and even companies that shell out for sophisticated, proprietary anti-cheats still end up with hackers.
    • See above. Also, find me a popular, mainstream PC game that isn't primarily server side, that has zero cheaters/exploiters. I'll wait.
    • Citation required. Who said that solo queue is the majority of the DBD playerbase? This game cannot, will not and should not be balanced around solo queue. I don't think any mainstream, serious APvP game is. Hell, some didn't/don't even have an option for solo queueing. We can certainly make it easier for solos to communicate, and that's basically it.
    • Mori. Rework. I'm...not sure if you even actually read my response. This will be fixed in the next big update, so - moot.

    @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091457#Comment_3091457

    Also what’s there to call out? “HES LOOKING AT ME HE’S LOOKING AT ME. HE’S STILL STARING, STILL STARING, STILL STAARING, STI-.” And ######### would any coordination with a Bubba or Iri head huntress, or Trickster face camping?

    Facecamping needs a change, but you can still get around it (it's tough). The BT changes help, slightly, as does OTR.

    Against a Bubba or a Trickster, you will need to trade - and it'll take coordination.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082320#Comment_3082320

    Survivors are fine only tunneling and camping for now need to be nerfed. But that means killers need still more buffs. I have played now agains't only high mmr survivors and it's hard to beat them still they pop now 2 gens instead 3 at beginning and they all can loop well it sucks.

    Or perhaps you can stop camping and tunneling and mmr will place you with worse survivors

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091085#Comment_3091085

    Or perhaps you can stop camping and tunneling and mmr will place you with worse survivors

    I am a huge fan of your sad and salty posts.

    Keep up the good work!

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091044#Comment_3091044

    • Body blocking is bannable, and AFAIK you now lose collision after a bit.
    • Hide and seek is also bannable, as 'taking the game hostage'.
    • Getting face camped is not 'doing nothing', you should be calling stuff out on voicechat and preparing to go when your team moves in for the trade. It sucks, but it's not what you are describing.
    • Bleeding out, again, will be fixed with the mori rework.

    Your move.

    You cannot get banned from this even if you are reported

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091661#Comment_3091661

    • No, you're being silly now. You may as well start saying 'well, hackers'. Duh, people will hack and find ways to exploit. All you can do is fix these where they can, and ban people. You can't 'fix' hacking, because, right now, it's a huge money industry and even companies that shell out for sophisticated, proprietary anti-cheats still end up with hackers.
    • See above. Also, find me a popular, mainstream PC game that isn't primarily server side, that has zero cheaters/exploiters. I'll wait.
    • Citation required. Who said that solo queue is the majority of the DBD playerbase? This game cannot, will not and should not be balanced around solo queue. I don't think any mainstream, serious APvP game is. Hell, some didn't/don't even have an option for solo queueing. We can certainly make it easier for solos to communicate, and that's basically it.
    • Mori. Rework. I'm...not sure if you even actually read my response. This will be fixed in the next big update, so - moot.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091665#Comment_3091665

    Facecamping needs a change, but you can still get around it (it's tough). The BT changes help, slightly, as does OTR.

    Against a Bubba or a Trickster, you will need to trade - and it'll take coordination.

    Yet people have been complaining for months about them with little to no changes. I’m fact 3 hours ago just went up against e Blight that used the instant catch up and hook hack. Been in the game for 2 years now HMMMMM.

    I was using hacking as an example of the report system not doing #########. I could go and bodyblock 10 games in a row ######### is not happening to my account. Never said to to perma fix hacking. You’re just putting words in my mouth now.

    Find where in my comment I said “DBD should have 0 cheaters just like any other game”.

    4 survivors. 1 killer. It..it’s not rocket science. To have a q times that aren’t 10 hours long logic dictates that you need more survivors. Right now I would say there are more killers since SoloQ rn is unbearable but in general there are more survivors. Otz, Scott, JRM, a magnitude of streamers have already stated this lol.

    Thats literally what I’m suggesting. What do you think I mean when I say “buff SoloQ?” Why should it not balance around SoloQ? Just add a scroll wheel and then done. Tf?

    Yes NEXT update. How long will that take again?

    Cool cool. And what’s stopping the Bubba from dosing the unhooker(s) then face camping the unhooker(s)? They just have invincibility against chainsaws now? Did I miss an update?

    Mhm and how many times do you trade until you can’t?

  • @toxik_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091457#Comment_3091457

    You cannot get banned from this even if you are reported

    I have it on good authority that you can.

    @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091689#Comment_3091689

    Yet people have been complaining for months about them with little to no changes. I’m fact 3 hours ago just went up against e Blight that used the instant catch up and hook hack. Been in the game for 2 years now HMMMMM.

    I was using hacking as an example of the report system not doing #########. I could go and bodyblock 10 games in a row ######### is not happening to my account. Never said to to perma fix hacking. You’re just putting words in my mouth now.

    Find where in my comment I said “DBD should have 0 cheaters just like any other game”.

    4 survivors. 1 killer. It..it’s not rocket science. To have a q times that aren’t 10 hours long logic dictates that you need more survivors. Right now I would say there are more killers since SoloQ rn is unbearable but in general there are more survivors. Otz, Scott, JRM, a magnitude of streamers have already stated this lol.

    Thats literally what I’m suggesting. What do you think I mean when I say “buff SoloQ?” Why should it not balance around SoloQ? Just add a scroll wheel and then done. Tf?

    Yes NEXT update. How long will that take again?

    Cool cool. And what’s stopping the Bubba from dosing the unhooker(s) then face camping the unhooker(s)? They just have invincibility against chainsaws now? Did I miss an update?

    Mhm and how many times do you trade until you can’t?

    You've completely shifted the goalposts here, so I'm going to call it.

    We were talking about solo queue, not hacking.

    And people absolutely do get banned for griefing, as BHVR have confirmed on their Twitter.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092490#Comment_3092490

    I have it on good authority that you can.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092596#Comment_3092596

    You've completely shifted the goalposts here, so I'm going to call it.

    We were talking about solo queue, not hacking.

    And people absolutely do get banned for griefing, as BHVR have confirmed on their Twitter.

    No you for some reason thought that I said DBD should get rid of their hackers when it was obvious (and I even said in my comments) that I was just using it as an example of why the report system does not do ######### 90% of the time.

    Hacking was mentioned once in my original comment and them you made a whole debogl

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092920#Comment_3092920

    No you for some reason thought that I said DBD should get rid of their hackers when it was obvious (and I even said in my comments) that I was just using it as an example of why the report system does not do ######### 90% of the time.

    Hacking was mentioned once in my original comment and them you made a whole debogl

    No...you mentioned 'ways to stop people from doing literally anything for extended periods of time'. I then said 'well, aside from stuff that is actually bannable and also partially mechanically fixed, there isn't much'.

    You responded that 'yes, that stuff still counts', to which I responded that you may as well bring up hacking if you're going to be that ridiculously broad. And a page of wibbly woo later, here we are.

  • @drakolyr said:

    Its not overreacting.

    Killer mains now posting that survivors are fine, when some things are clearly broken. Killers shouldnt 4k nearly every match. I mean the argument "survivor sided" came, with SWF's, which are just a tiny part of the survivor population.

    But i guess it will be complained about long killer queue.

    The game should be fun for both sides. And solo q was before not good, now its really not enjoyable.

    Before Unfun: Solo, Killer

    Before Fun: SWF


    After Unfun: Solo

    After Fun: SWF, killer.


    At least its an improvement. Solo is just a part of survivor. Now we need to work on solo getting those icons the devs talked about earlier than a year later.

  • @drakolyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082428#Comment_3082428

    Yeah, i'm pretty sure, you now my personal experience better. I'm just stating my opinion based on my experience. My friends had the same experience.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082452#Comment_3082452

    Yeah, i saw the site. And i dont think it can track everything and everyone, so i dont think i can trust on that.

    For example, i only used Dead Hard in tombs, wasnt playing much of meta perks at all and most of my games are 4k stomps for the killer. Right now, i only play solo q.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082500#Comment_3082500

    Solo q needs buffs. And now its more shown than ever,

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082550#Comment_3082550

    I mean, before the patch, every 5 game someone tunneled. Now its the other way around, only in every 5 game someone doesnt tunnel.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082631#Comment_3082631

    This! So much.

    I still think base BT is not a buff at all, its way to short for that. Also killers can easy count to 5.

    BT was strong before, cause a killer couldnt know if you have it or not. Now they know you have it, easy countered.

    I like the 1 in 5 now doesn’t tunnel, cause I’m that dredge or trapper that he might be talking about

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093079#Comment_3093079

    No...you mentioned 'ways to stop people from doing literally anything for extended periods of time'. I then said 'well, aside from stuff that is actually bannable and also partially mechanically fixed, there isn't much'.

    You responded that 'yes, that stuff still counts', to which I responded that you may as well bring up hacking if you're going to be that ridiculously broad. And a page of wibbly woo later, here we are.

    Body-blocking and hacking are 2 completely different things. How would you out them in the same categories except their both technically bannable.

    ? You asked I answered lmaoo. You just asked “What can you do in DBD that could stop the player playing the game for an extended period of time”. Idk what else you want lol. Then you assumed I said hacking should be eradicated? When I used a similie to make it obvious it was just an example.

    They’re bannable but the report system does absolutely nothing 90% of the time. That’s why I said they count. If BHVR actually made a decent report system that mattered then you would have a point. And even if it did insta ban them you can still do it. If you wanted to be specific you should’ve asked, “What can the player do to stop another playable for an extended period of time THAT IS NOT BANNABLE”. If anybody was broad it was you.

1 2 ›