You know I love the base kit borrow... but sadly it comes to a great cost

The amount of brain dead survivors that just shoulder tackle me and unhook right infront of my face when I was about to get away from the hook and therefore just farm and basicly kill themselves AND the unhooked person is insane.

This happens to be like every game once atleast.

But ye lets blame it to camping and tunneling boys

Comments

  • We can blame both. People who farm you from the hook and the killers that are still tunneling and camping.

  • @Marigoria said:

    We can blame both. People who farm you from the hook and the killers that are still tunneling and camping.

    Well sry but I am not gonna let them unhook or get away for no reason lol

  • I have started farming people but I take chase and body block, I am also running Deliverance and OTR. I love it so much because 9 times out of 10 I end up being chased for the rest of the game. Only a few killers so far have hit me and then continued tunneling.

  • @Marigoria said:

    We can blame both. People who farm you from the hook and the killers that are still tunneling and camping.

    Blame me for what? Killing you? Oh no, not the blame! Please save me from it. I can't handle a survivor telling me that I am responsible for killing them in a game where my goal was to kill them. Image the horror! Have some decency, Margarita. Please.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079404#Comment_3079404

    Well sry but I am not gonna let them unhook or get away for no reason lol

    Yea I'm sure the bubba who facecamped me this morning in the basement thought the same.

  • People are acting like they have basekit BT when a.) they really don't and b.) unhooking in the killer's face was a stupid idea unless you absolutely had to anyway.

    We're in an awkward halfway zone where person A expects you to have OTR now and person B still expects you to have BT.

  • @Laluzi said:

    People are acting like they have basekit BT when a.) they really don't and b.) unhooking in the killer's face was a stupid idea unless you absolutely had to anyway.

    We're in an awkward halfway zone where person A expects you to have OTR now and person B still expects you to have BT.

    people.. don't have basekit bt?

  • @BenZ0 said:

    The amount of brain dead survivors that just shoulder tackle me and unhook right infront of my face when I was about to get away from the hook and therefore just farm and basicly kill themselves AND the unhooked person is insane.

    This happens to be like every game once atleast.

    But ye lets blame it to camping and tunneling boys

    I played survivor last night with some friends and there are so many killers camping hooks and tunneling an unhooked survivor back down that's it's ridiculous. Base kit BT did nothing and I'm not sure what has made killers decide to tunnel so bad all of the sudden.

  • What I'm trying to get at is that 5 seconds is not 12 seconds. 12 seconds is usually enough time to reach something; 5 seconds is not and it's not much more effective than just unhooking in front of the killer's face if the killer knows to wait. (And yes, I'm aware it's 15s now with the perk, but 12s is what everyone's used to.)

    People are acting like they have Borrowed Time as a default, and they don't.

  • BT, OTR all countered by "10" stack stbfl

  • Insta unhooking was the 2nd best strategy if the killer is going to camp.

    1st-best was to stick to gens, but that no longer works. So, fast unhooks went up one spot in the list.

    Considering that camping is meta, it looks like survivors are just adapting.

    They're still gonna die, though, because the fast unhook is not really an efficient play in a vacuum. Just the lesser evil type of thing.

    @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079404#Comment_3079404

    Well sry but I am not gonna let them unhook or get away for no reason lol

    Good for you for not sticking to their rulebook. Now, what is the point of making a thread about survivors not sticking to your rulebook? I kinda hear sounds of pot and kettle.

  • Love how ppl ignore the fact that sfbfl has counterplay. That makes sound everything busted and dramatic right?

  • @Marigoria said:

    We can blame both. People who farm you from the hook and the killers that are still tunneling and camping.

    As much as I know survivors, they can acuse killer of camping if the killer didn't leave a hook like INSTANTLY. They don't want to even consider the fact, that killer seen scratch marks just right when he hooked someone, or he just gone to kick this gen right besides a hook.

    Insta camping acusation, become common long ago.

  • @Bwsted said:

    Insta unhooking was the 2nd best strategy if the killer is going to camp.

    1st-best was to stick to gens, but that no longer works. So, fast unhooks went up one spot in the list.

    Considering that camping is meta, it looks like survivors are just adapting.

    They're still gonna die, though, because the fast unhook is not really an efficient play in a vacuum. Just the lesser evil type of thing.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079409#Comment_3079409

    Good for you for not sticking to their rulebook. Now, what is the point of making a thread about survivors not sticking to your rulebook? I kinda hear sounds of pot and kettle.

    What do you mean by my rulebook? I have never wrote that they are not allowed to do that lol

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079564#Comment_3079564

    Love how ppl ignore the fact that sfbfl has counterplay. That makes sound everything busted and dramatic right?

    What's the counterplay?

  • @Bwsted said:

    Insta unhooking was the 2nd best strategy if the killer is going to camp.

    1st-best was to stick to gens, but that no longer works. So, fast unhooks went up one spot in the list.

    Considering that camping is meta, it looks like survivors are just adapting.

    They're still gonna die, though, because the fast unhook is not really an efficient play in a vacuum. Just the lesser evil type of thing.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079409#Comment_3079409

    Good for you for not sticking to their rulebook. Now, what is the point of making a thread about survivors not sticking to your rulebook? I kinda hear sounds of pot and kettle.

    Insta unhooking is still a dumb idea to do with killers that hard camp. You want to waste a good portion of the hook timer on gens and then go in to hook trade.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079650#Comment_3079650

    Insta unhooking is still a dumb idea to do with killers that hard camp. You want to waste a good portion of the hook timer on gens and then go in to hook trade.

    If you can hook trade. If you go there and a stage transition is successfully forced, or worse a grab happens, it's a game ender.

    It's still a pick-your-poison scenario. But seizing the moment for the unhook gives you a fighting chance to take aggro without trading.

    As of now, sticking to gens won't work.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079715#Comment_3079715

    If you can hook trade. If you go there and a stage transition is successfully forced, or worse a grab happens, it's a game ender.

    It's still a pick-your-poison scenario. But seizing the moment for the unhook gives you a fighting chance to take aggro without trading.

    As of now, sticking to gens won't work.

    But the topic isnt about hook trading?

  • @Marigoria said:

    We can blame both. People who farm you from the hook and the killers that are still tunneling and camping.

    The killer is no way at fault here if survivors rush the hook and unhook someone in the killers face before they even have a chance to walk away sorry but your going to pay for your teammates choice of actions, why couldn't your teammate wait 10 sec to unhook you giving the killer time to get away from the hook. If your teammate unhooks you in front off the killer start blaming your teammates not the killer yes the killer can be nice and let you go but then survivors will never learn to wait to unhook.

  • Just as the Killer gains stacks by hitting he looses them by hitting the obsession. The obsession in your team should go and tank hits, preferably while the Killer carries someone. Therefore you prevent from the perk stacking up. Ofc keep healing up and keep tanking over and over.

  • @ausanimal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079404#Comment_3079404

    The killer is no way at fault here if survivors rush the hook and unhook someone in the killers face before they even have a chance to walk away sorry but your going to pay for your teammates choice of actions, why couldn't your teammate wait 10 sec to unhook you giving the killer time to get away from the hook. If your teammate unhooks you in front off the killer start blaming your teammates not the killer yes the killer can be nice and let you go but then survivors will never learn to wait to unhook.

    Killers are at fault for camping and tunneling.

    Are you gonna tell me a facecamping killer didnt have a chance to walk away? I'm sure that's why they already had insidious in their kit wasnt it?

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079564#Comment_3079564

    Love how ppl ignore the fact that sfbfl has counterplay. That makes sound everything busted and dramatic right?

    Whats the counterplay in soloq? call up the obsession on the phone and tell them to take protection hits? lol

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079404#Comment_3079404

    As much as I know survivors, they can acuse killer of camping if the killer didn't leave a hook like INSTANTLY. They don't want to even consider the fact, that killer seen scratch marks just right when he hooked someone, or he just gone to kick this gen right besides a hook.

    Insta camping acusation, become common long ago.

    I hear that excuse and many others a lot from campers. I was kicking gen (back when kicking a gen did nothing unless they had pop), a gen with like 10% progression, or I thought I saw someone by this tile. What I find funny is if camping and tunneling is a viable strat why do most killers get defensive about it? Only a very few just straight out admit it, yeah I was camping.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079742#Comment_3079742

    Killers are at fault for camping and tunneling.

    Are you gonna tell me a facecamping killer didnt have a chance to walk away? I'm sure that's why they already had insidious in their kit wasnt it?

    The OP said nothing about face camping or tunneling except lets blame them and i said nothing about facecamping or tunneling but you keep coming back to it, yes some killers will face camp and tunnel but this post is about survivors unhooking in front of killers before they even have a chance to walk away then complains and blame the killer for hooking them again and not the teammate that made the wrong choice.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079713#Comment_3079713

    Just as the Killer gains stacks by hitting he looses them by hitting the obsession. The obsession in your team should go and tank hits, preferably while the Killer carries someone. Therefore you prevent from the perk stacking up. Ofc keep healing up and keep tanking over and over.

    I play solo q. Want to come to my games and tell the obsession that yourself?

  • @BenSanderson55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079678#Comment_3079678

    I hear that excuse and many others a lot from campers. I was kicking gen (back when kicking a gen did nothing unless they had pop), a gen with like 10% progression, or I thought I saw someone by this tile. What I find funny is if camping and tunneling is a viable strat why do most killers get defensive about it? Only a very few just straight out admit it, yeah I was camping.

    But what if he's actually didn't even want to camp? Look at some streamers playing killers, yes some of them doing it purposely. But some didn't even think about it and got acused in end game chat. It's not fair and it feels cringe. xD

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079742#Comment_3079742

    Killers are at fault for camping and tunneling.

    Are you gonna tell me a facecamping killer didnt have a chance to walk away? I'm sure that's why they already had insidious in their kit wasnt it?

    "Killers are at fault for camping and tunnelling"

    You do know that both camping and tunnelling are perfectly legitimate strategies, as confirmed by the devs, right?

    Okay facecamping isn't great but it's also not very efficient use of the killer's time, hence why it's important to distinguish between facecamping and proxy camping.

    But regardless, neither strategies are toxic. For tunnelling in particular, blame the devs - when they made Killer MMR solely dependent on kills it makes the most sense to eliminate people one at a time and improve your odds with each death. Add in the insanity that is CoH which renders the hit & run playstyle unusable what do you expect?

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079750#Comment_3079750

    "Killers are at fault for camping and tunnelling"

    You do know that both camping and tunnelling are perfectly legitimate strategies, as confirmed by the devs, right?

    Okay facecamping isn't great but it's also not very efficient use of the killer's time, hence why it's important to distinguish between facecamping and proxy camping.

    But regardless, neither strategies are toxic. For tunnelling in particular, blame the devs - when they made Killer MMR solely dependent on kills it makes the most sense to eliminate people one at a time and improve your odds with each death. Add in the insanity that is CoH which renders the hit & run playstyle unusable what do you expect?

    I'm bored.

  • @Bwsted said:

    Insta unhooking was the 2nd best strategy if the killer is going to camp.

    1st-best was to stick to gens, but that no longer works. So, fast unhooks went up one spot in the list.

    Considering that camping is meta, it looks like survivors are just adapting.

    They're still gonna die, though, because the fast unhook is not really an efficient play in a vacuum. Just the lesser evil type of thing.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079409#Comment_3079409

    Good for you for not sticking to their rulebook. Now, what is the point of making a thread about survivors not sticking to your rulebook? I kinda hear sounds of pot and kettle.

    Insta-unhooking may currently be your best option IF the killer is actually camping. And that is a determination that can't really be made in the first 5-10 seconds after hook (unless the killer has already demonstrated that is their strategy throughout the match).

    And I don't think OP was asking for their "rulebook" to be followed, just pointing out how killers are often reflexively blamed for what is actually poor surv play.

    Bombing/farming the hook before the killer has a chance to choose their next action and leave the area is a pox on both sides (it actually makes the killer's job way easier, but then they take crap if they punish the survs for the idiocy), and has been for a long time.

    Like half of my complaints about teammates are when they come for the save waaay too soon and the hook area becomes a killbox. Most of the time it's totally unwarranted and is essentially throwing the game.

  • The post to which I replied was.

    And one of the possible goals of insta unhooking is hook trading.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079743#Comment_3079743

    I play solo q. Want to come to my games and tell the obsession that yourself?

    Dont need communication to do that all you need is more then 5 brain cells. You cannot blame a perk for the mistakes or bad counterplay of others.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079740#Comment_3079740

    The post to which I replied was.

    And one of the possible goals of insta unhooking is hook trading.

    Thanks for explaining it i guess?

  • @Laluzi said:

    People are acting like they have basekit BT when a.) they really don't and b.) unhooking in the killer's face was a stupid idea unless you absolutely had to anyway.

    We're in an awkward halfway zone where person A expects you to have OTR now and person B still expects you to have BT.

    This but when killers come back to hook every 5 seconds. Which every killer for some reason loves doing. They proxy camp leaving the survivors no choice but to unhook in their faces.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    The amount of brain dead survivors that just shoulder tackle me and unhook right infront of my face when I was about to get away from the hook and therefore just farm and basicly kill themselves AND the unhooked person is insane.

    This happens to be like every game once atleast.

    But ye lets blame it to camping and tunneling boys

    I still think Borrowed is meta because if the killer waits the 5 seconds and just hits you with borrowed, he wasted 5 seconds rather than just hitting right off the hook like before

  • @NamesCris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336126/you-know-i-love-the-base-kit-borrow-but-sadly-it-comes-to-a-great-cost

    I still think Borrowed is meta because if the killer waits the 5 seconds and just hits you with borrowed, he wasted 5 seconds rather than just hitting right off the hook like before

    I also still use BT for that exact reason.

  • @Marigoria said:

    We can blame both. People who farm you from the hook and the killers that are still tunneling and camping.

    Sorry those are efficient tactics to win? Bring borrowed time if you want to give the saved more time. Try We'll make it for healing. Go do gens. Still an effective strategy against camping killers. And theres also the fact if a killer stays more then a second without leaving a hook some people consider it camping even if the killer knows someone is there waiting to save. I don't follow the Survivors Rulebook for Killers (There is no killer rulebook for survivor).