Please increase the dc penalty and do something about hook suicide.

Second game of the day, second game people dc at 5 gens. This is constant now + people who suicide on first hook.

Would there be a way for the game to see a pattern of someone suiciding a lot on first hook and giving them a penalty too? I mention the pattern because if someone really has to do it once or twice it's one thing, but if people do it a lot please start giving penalties to these people as well.

Also I understand that sometimes your game just crashes, but make it so it is a 30 min penalty if they quit the game manually. Sure so people will alt f or turn off their pc/console, but the ones that do so manually need a bigger penalty.

Solo q is unplayable when 70% of the games are already a 3v1 at 4 or 5 gens. Clearly the penalties aren't enough.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The thing is, it’s a game mechanic. There are offerings and perks that help increase the change of unhooking yourself. They would have to work out a system to tell you aren’t trying to take advantage of those and not just trying to rage quit.

    on thing I’d have to say, you obviously aren’t a quitter. If I got the amount of bad games you do I would have given up on this game long ago.

    It is a game mechanic, but if there's no luck offerings or luck perks and people are doing it multiple matches in a row, something has to be done.

  • @Icaurs said:

    I mean... it was pretty obvious what would happen when introducing the DC penalty. People would just suicide on hook, and this would not solve anything. It causes way more problems then it solves.

    People shouldn't be forced to participle in a match that is unfun, when it quite easy to ruin the fun for everyone else. So no, I am glad people can bail on a match if a killer chooses to camp. Or if their teammates aren't doing anything. Or a match becomes apparent that win is not achievable, so you give up and move on to the next one.

    They have to participate. They made a contract with the Entity when they hit the Ready button. They have to be ready for everything...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063072#Comment_3063072

    I rarely try to give up on hook so I guess I wouldn’t care if they did introduce some sort of system that punished repeat offenders. As long as it has some give. The times I have given up is when I’m just about to hit second stage, no one has been in chase that whole time and the killer isn’t camping. I figure if it gets to that stage the team obviously doesn’t think the need me. I also find in those situations what usually happens is someone then decides to go for the unhook while the killer has come back to check the hook. They unhook me in the killer’s face without BT and I go back on hook to die anyway. I just don’t encounter it at a high rate either so never given it a lot of thought.

    Yes those situations can happen too, but rarely it's 3+ times in a row.

    If someone is suiciding on first hook 3+ times in a row, there's obviously something not right.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062971#Comment_3062971

    By that logic killers should also ban swf because it isnt fun.

    dude you need to read more than the first sentence....

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062958#Comment_3062958

    Plenty of things ruin the fun for players.

    In fact certain killers are just not fun to go against. Can we agree to ban The twins until they ae fun? Or leatehrface? or Leigon? Camping is not fun. Maybe its better to focus on why people give up, rather then just the action itself?

    The problem with that is that peoples' personal ideas of fun are too subjective for that to even be worth looking at except for when massive patterns emerge (i.e., say there's a DC in 10% of games and 30% of games against Legion.)

    Like you said, plenty of things ruin fun for players, but there's almost no consensus on what that fun is. Yeah, tons of people hate Nurse/Legion/Twins/Hag and will bail when they see them, and maybe that speaks towards something wrong with those killers' designs. But nothing in-game will ever justify people who get mad when their first chase doesn't go the way they want to and kill themselves so they can have a better start next game, and yet that's the most common thing I see. Same with people getting pissed over wonky latency or something their teammates did. Other times I see ragequits because the killer didn't fall for a tech or ran Lightborn, and is therefore deemed not fun to play against by survivors who are less interested in winning and more interested in making plays.

    I guess the point I'm trying to make is that a DC or suicide occurring is not inherently a statement of something that needs to be fixed. It can be, but it's just as often if not more an issue with player entitlement.

  • or maybe just balance the game, improve soloq, implement killers ban system instead of forcing people into clearly unfun experience against legion, blight, nurse, pinhead. DCs are consequence of ignoring survivors feedback for too long while brute forcing killer power winstreak fantasy

  • I always farm as killer when someone dc's even tho it is boring it might soften the blow at least.

    Last night nea dc'ed at first down and her friend feng followed. I just let other two do gens and leave.


    As surv I still play the game "normally" in most cases if my team is also willing. I do what I can and die if escape is impossible.


    I know these situations can be frustrating for people but dunno if they can make better system than we already have. I don't put faith in it.

    What is funny to me is people who want dc penalties gone without thinking of consequences.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3062966#Comment_3062966

    The problem with that is that peoples' personal ideas of fun are too subjective for that to even be worth looking at except for when massive patterns emerge (i.e., say there's a DC in 10% of games and 30% of games against Legion.)

    Like you said, plenty of things ruin fun for players, but there's almost no consensus on what that fun is. Yeah, tons of people hate Nurse/Legion/Twins/Hag and will bail when they see them, and maybe that speaks towards something wrong with those killers' designs. But nothing in-game will ever justify people who get mad when their first chase doesn't go the way they want to and kill themselves so they can have a better start next game, and yet that's the most common thing I see. Same with people getting pissed over wonky latency or something their teammates did. Other times I see ragequits because the killer didn't fall for a tech or ran Lightborn, and is therefore deemed not fun to play against by survivors who are less interested in winning and more interested in making plays.

    I guess the point I'm trying to make is that a DC or suicide occurring is not inherently a statement of something that needs to be fixed. It can be, but it's just as often if not more an issue with player entitlement.

    Is that right? I think there is some general consensus on what fun is. Is fun was really as subjective, then nobody could complain about anything. I mean, if it was true, then anyone who complains about anything could be responded with, just because you're not having fun doesn't mean I'm not. There may be some subjectivity But when most people love Huntress, or Hillbilly, most people seem to hate trickster and leatherface. So similar, yet people respond so differently.

    " But nothing in-game will ever justify people who get mad when their first chase doesn't go the way they want to and kill themselves so they can have a better start next game."

    Here is the problem with that. Camping. If a survivor goes down at 5 gens and the killer chooses to camp, that survivor will die, and it is very unlikely 5 gens can be finished in that time. With deadlock, its almost guaranteed 3 kills. This could happen at any point and there is nothing to prevent this. And you don't think people have a reason to give up?

    "Same with people getting pissed over wonky latency or something their teammates did"

    That's a valid reason. Bad teammates or the game just not working is a valid reason.

    Other times I see ragequits because the killer didn't fall for a tech or ran Lightborn, and is therefore deemed not fun to play against by survivors who are less interested in winning and more interested in making plays.

    I guess, but I would rather deal with a few rage quitters then force people to remain in matches where one side has the overwhelming advantage. You are crating more problems then you solve.

    A DC or suicide occurring is not inherently a statement of something that needs to be fixed. It can be, but it's just as often if not more an issue with player entitlement.

    That's subjective. I would say people give the most because of bad teammates.

  • Survivors giving up early on hook is a side effect of instant survivor queue times

  • suicide and afk too has to be punished, or DC should be allowed. it's just inconsistent and weird.

1 2 ›