"We don't want accessibility to fall on perks"

So can we finally change shadowborne? Won't complain i do like for the hard of hearing survivors to get a change in the future to be included. But shadowborne has been a classic accessibility perk. Or at least give it a secondary effect. Might sound like a broken record but its good to be vocal when the devs are literally saying themselves they don't want accessibility to fall on perks. Anyone else just think a fov slider could be a easy implementation for the motion sick people? So you can find that perfect FOV.

Comments

  • I’m all for reworking shadowborn and getting a FOV slider in settings.

  • After playing several hundred matches with Shadowborn, I realized that I could no longer play without him. The game looks slow/boring without it

  • i agree with the change of having Shadowborn be base with a fov slider. But I don’t think it would work cause killers will always have the highest setting cause having a wider screen is so useful.

    Originally my secondary effect for Shadowborn was you see auras for a extra 1/2/3 seconds. But sadly lethal pursuer stole my idea so that’s not happening

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i agree with the change of having Shadowborn be base with a fov slider. But I don’t think it would work cause killers will always have the highest setting cause having a wider screen is so useful.

    Originally my secondary effect for Shadowborn was you see auras for a extra 1/2/3 seconds. But sadly lethal pursuer stole my idea so that’s not happening

    Is that necessarily a problem?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i agree with the change of having Shadowborn be base with a fov slider. But I don’t think it would work cause killers will always have the highest setting cause having a wider screen is so useful.

    Originally my secondary effect for Shadowborn was you see auras for a extra 1/2/3 seconds. But sadly lethal pursuer stole my idea so that’s not happening

    My idea was make it like how it is with dredges nightfall. Survivors have a slight white glow when in your vision. Claudette in the bush you woulda normally missed? Meet my saw. Also as stated above i think having just max FOV at all times wouldn't be as busted as people made it out to be. But to high can make stuff worse to. So thats why a sliders perfect.

  • I think having them say that they don't want accessibility to fall on perks does mean that it's way more likely Shadowborn will get moved to a basekit toggle at some point.

    Personally I'm all for it, I'd love to see that perk reworked entirely and those who need/want the increased FoV being able to have it without sacrificing their loadout for it.

  • Haha, extend your FOV slider and get flashlight saved from behind you. That's a little nit-picky. Extra FOV is wild with killer, can't just give that out. Shadowborn is crack for kill, once you use it, you can't stop.

  • @SekiSeki said:

    Haha, extend your FOV slider and get flashlight saved from behind you. That's a little nit-picky. Extra FOV is wild with killer, can't just give that out. Shadowborn is crack for kill, once you use it, you can't stop.

    And you have the people who get motion sick from the already small fov so have to run a perk for accessibility? And people use it because it just looks better? Like they said themselves they don't want accesbility (the motion sick) locked behind a perk. So for their own logic they should give it out with a slider. Its not cracked at all. Its how some people need to play the game.

  • Bruh, I get motion sick off of turning my head too fast. I don't have any issue with dbd though unless I hold Q or E on Billy too long. You are fixated on the word 'accessibility'. If the 'people' affected was you specifically, I'd be more empathetic.

    Shadowborn is crack, not cracked.

  • @SekiSeki said:

    Bruh, I get motion sick off of turning my head too fast. I don't have any issue with dbd though unless I hold Q or E on Billy too long. You are fixated on the word 'accessibility'. If the 'people' affected was you specifically, I'd be more empathetic.

    Shadowborn is crack, not cracked.

    ...why do you think shadowborne has been my pfp for years and i push it for accessibility so much? Do i need to make my problems obvious?

  • I mean killers doesn't even have accessibility for their ears.

  • There are people who press hard on something because they find something contradictory and they want exposure and there are people who are legit with their concerns. It makes the difference making that distinction and no it is not obvious. I understand why they don't do it, and it is very unfortunate that it affects you the way it does. Hope for the best, that's about all I can do.

  • If people want Spine Chill to be the end-all in sound accessibility, why doesn't Killer have anything like that? If anything, killers need highly accurate, responsive sound cues far more than survivors, to detect footstps, entering lockers, grunts of pain, totem cleansing, boons, and half a dozen other critical game elements.

  • @SekiSeki said:

    There are people who press hard on something because they find something contradictory and they want exposure and there are people who are legit with their concerns. It makes the difference making that distinction and no it is not obvious. I understand why they don't do it, and it is very unfortunate that it affects you the way it does. Hope for the best, that's about all I can do.

    I apologize for getting aggresive. I am passionate about other people who suffer from it as well. I want no exposure. Just that everyone gets a fair shot and doesn't need to be down a perk slot for the same problem. I'm used to it by now i just gotta work harder to make up the lack of the 4th. But doesn't make it fair in my opinion. Thank you for your time though.

  • @Adjatha said:

    If people want Spine Chill to be the end-all in sound accessibility, why doesn't Killer have anything like that? If anything, killers need highly accurate, responsive sound cues far more than survivors, to detect footstps, entering lockers, grunts of pain, totem cleansing, boons, and half a dozen other critical game elements.

    Unfortunately, that is just good headphones.

  • I liked a suggestion someone made where Shadowborn would have the effect Dredge has during nightfall, where survivors have the glowing white aura around them. Which makes them easier to see in dark spots, but it's not a full-on aura reading, so you would still need line of sight.

  • An answer that could equally be applied to survivors.

    It'd be nice to hope for some parity on whatever sound issue solution they actually come up with, but I'm not holding my breath. Anybody with hearing troubles will just never be able to play killer with anything resembling an even playing field.

  • I would love to have 4 perk slots on killer, wonder how it feels like

  • Apparently having more FOV is an "advantage" that they don't want Killers to have basekit, despite it being 3 degrees smaller than average games and 23 degrees smaller than what an average FPS player uses. The game is a lot different than it was in March 2019 (when Shadowborn was made the way it is now). I think having a FOV slider would be a very easy and fair change that wouldn't have anywhere near the effect some people would think.

  • There's a lot of people that have Motion Sickness (Including me) when playing killer and Shadowborn is the only option for them to actually be able to play the role.

    But this has been asked by the community and neglected by BHVR for years now (3-5 years).

    There's no reason to not have a FOV slider nowadays, the arguments from people not wanting this feature are ridiculous or hilarious like:

    "FoV TeCH MAn. HOw i wILL bE abLe tO sPIn In FRonT oF tHE KiLLer or cRouCh oN hIS fACE wITHoUT hE sEeS ME?"

    or

    "NOo...WE neEd tO be AbLe to HidE fRom ThE KiLLer, LoW FOv WaS MaDE fOR ThIS".

    1. If you're excluding a group of people that can't play the game without a perk just because of "Tech" that 'abuse' the specific problem that those people have, I don't know what to say to you.
    2. This was made when the game was more like a stealth game instead of a chase oriented game, and lockers exist especially for stealthing/hide from the killer.

    The fact that me and other people are forced to run a perk to play the game because of inaccessibility in-game options is just sad to see (because every game have this option nowadays), and the fact there's actually people that defend this inaccessibility with bad excuses is even more sad to see.

  • @Trickstom said:

    There's a lot of people that have Motion Sickness (Including me) when playing killer and Shadowborn is the only option for them to actuattly be able to play the role.

    But this has been asked by the community and neglected by BHVR for years now (3-5 years).

    There's no reason to not have a FOV slider nowadays, the arguments from people not wanting this feature are ridiculous or hilarious like:

    "FoV TeCH MAn. HOw i wILL bE abLe tO sPIn In FRonT oF tHE KiLLer or cRouCh oN hIS fACE wITHoUT hE sEeS ME?"

    or

    "NOo...WE neEd tO be AbLe to HidE fRom ThE KiLLer, LoW FOv WaS MaDE fOR ThIS".

    1. If you're excluding a group of people that can't play the game without a perk just because of "Tech" that abuse the specific problem that those people have, I don't know what to say to you.
    2. This was made when the game was more like a stealth game instead of a chase oriented, and LOCKERS exist especially for stealthing/hide from the killer.

    That fact that Me and other peoples are forced to run a perk to play the game because of inaccessibility in-game options is just sad to see in modern days, and the fact there's actually people that defend this inaccessibility is even more sad to see.

    Well said thank you 👏.