How would you nerf Blight ?

Comments

  • -Stunning him depletes his tokens (Id do the same to Nurse)

    -Alchemist Ring makes token regeneration take 50% longer

  • He is a good killer he doesn't need a nerf

    Except maybe his addons

  • nerf his add-ons

  • Alc Ring, C33, speed add ons need to go.

  • Honestly, I think his basekit is fine.

    Where he gets too strong is when either running strong Add Ons (such as Compound Thirty Three, Alchemist Ring, etc.) or abusing exploits / bugs with his power (such as "hugtech", "J-Flick", etc.).

    So honestly, just a bit of an Add On overhaul and bug fixes.

  • I am with the idea that he is fine in basekit, but I do agree his add-ons would need to be looked at, especially Alchemist Ring.

  • Starting by his addons, his basekit is already strong and those addons make him even stronger.

  • Compound Thirty-Three and Alchemist Ring need nerfs, his base-kit is perfectly fine

  • C33 - remove pallet breaking ability

    Alch Ring - nerfed to only refund 2 tokens.

    Adren Vial - Revert its last buff.

    Speed is... idk. I'm conflicted there. But those 3 would help a lot.

  • He’s fine, plenty of counter play. The only thing that needs tuning is Alchemist Ring and remove the hindered effect from C33.

  • The only problematic part of Blight is C33/21/Ring.

    C33 - Remove Hinder, currently it makes it basically impossible to gain distance against.

    C21 - Aura reading mid-chase kills mindgaming. Needs full rework.

    Ring - Busted, removes his downtime. Needs full rework.

    Everything else is fine.

  • Just some add ons, same with nurse. Base power is fine

  • I'd get rid of Blighted Crow and make Alch Ring recharge his rushes 50% faster instead of instantly.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034027#Comment_3034027

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034021#Comment_3034021

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034019#Comment_3034019

    What I find interesting is some people hate his speed add ons. But don't hate his basekit. But don't seem to realize that blight doesn't really suffer without the speed. The SAME hits you can get with speed. You can get without them 🤭

    Personally, for me, Blight is at a playability level where his power is hard to use, but it rewards well use of it without being that terribly oppressing. You are right, he doesn't need the extra speed or the automatic reload tokens and it's that reason why those add-ons are essentially broken on him. They give no chance to react and continuously create lose-lose situations.

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034083#Comment_3034083

    Personally, for me, Blight is at a playability level where his power is hard to use, but it rewards well use of it without being that terribly oppressing. You are right, he doesn't need the extra speed or the automatic reload tokens and it's that reason why those add-ons are essentially broken on him. They give no chance to react and continuously create lose-lose situations.

    You are not supposed to react. You are supposed to predictively out mindgame. That’s why speed add-ons are a non-issue.

  • The only thing I would really nerf from Blight atm is Compound-33, because I personally dislike the addon inflicting hindered for survivors just existing near you when you slam.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034148#Comment_3034148

    You are not supposed to react. You are supposed to predictively out mindgame. That’s why speed add-ons are a non-issue.

    I meant the recharge speed, sorry. My argument was mostly about Alchemist Ring, I sort off tripped in the chain of quotes there.

  • Unlike what I said in that other spirit/blight thread, I actually think his basekit is fine and balanced, and his movement speed shouldn't be reduced to 4.4 (I was just being sarcastic).

    His add-ons though... I think I'd nerf like half of them

    His speed add-ons should be fixed and don't stack for each consecutive rush, alchemist ring should just be straight up reworked, c33 too, c21 probably reworked because I don't see how wallhacks on such a power are fair in any way, adrenaline vial was over buffed, and I'd remove the additional movement speed and the recovery speed.

    The other iri right now is questionable but I think once hug bug is fixed it's gonna be alright

  • Rework C33 it's a braindead busted add-on and removes it basically removes looping/counterplay.

    Alchemist ring should only refund all your tokens if you hit a survivor with your last rush,this makes the add-ons hard to use and more skillful/fair.(Basically makes it work like the Iridescent Blight Tag)

    C21 is a boring add-on but doesn't need any nerfs imo you can easily tell if the Blight you're facing is running C21 or not,makes the gameplay less exciting but that's okay I guess.

    Only some of his add-ons needs to get nerfed no need to nerf his basekit or his base movement speed.

  • Seeing as his base kit is fine...

    Alch ring only regens 2 tokens on hit

    C33 no longer hinders and only starts regenning tokens after the pallet break animation is over

  • His add ons need to be nerfed he has one of the best even he already is one of the best killers.

  • Alchemist Ring, That's it.

  • C33 and alch ring deserve nerf 100%

  • Nerf Alchemists Ring, Compound 33, Adrenaline Vial and his two Speed Add-Ons.

    This is enough and Blight would not need any changes after that.

  • Rework his most broken addons such as Compounds and Ring. Finally fix that bug everyone calls Hug Tech. His basekit is fine.

  • Nerf alchemist ring and Compound 33. That's all he needs.

  • @Shroompy said:

    -Stunning him depletes his tokens (Id do the same to Nurse)

    -Alchemist Ring makes token regeneration take 50% longer

    Reasonable nerf tbh. Alchemist ring is imo a bit overated but gradually nerfing the killer would be my preference. Also if you get hit by ds you probably shouldnt be able to make up that distance immediatly iwth your power.

  • Addon nerfs, no reason should a killer than is s tier without add-ons have such broken addons

  • For me Talbot is a killer who does not need a nerf. He can be quite powerfullif used by someone with some experience. But Blight needs calculations and mental agility to reach its peak. Some addons could be nerfed, yes, but I would not touch anything from the base power.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    Title

    I wouldn’t

  • Yes his basekit is ok more killers should be as strong as him or stronger. Oni for example should start with his power so he would be stronger than blight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034004#Comment_3034004

    J-Flick doesn't exist anymore, now we have what we call "Z-Flick", which is intended by the devs.

    But it existed and it was an confirmed exploit that was used commonly, therefore it made sense to give it in this example.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034755#Comment_3034755

    But it existed and it was an confirmed exploit that was used commonly, therefore it made sense to give it in this example.

    Tbh J flicks weren't even that strong compared to z flicks. You could dodge a J flick but not an OG z flick (still can replicate it with adren vial).

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3034824#Comment_3034824

    Tbh J flicks weren't even that strong compared to z flicks. You could dodge a J flick but not an OG z flick (still can replicate it with adren vial).

    Why is everyone so adament about making this a balance discussion about Z-Flicks?

    Not to mention that most of those "techs" people were calling intended, fair, etc. ended up beng but an exploit that got patched - like J-Flicks or Hugtech, so I am very careful calling anything with "tech" or "flick" in its name intended with this character. Unless the Devs specifically said otherwise, there is a very good chance they are not.

  • His best addons.

    Thats it. His basekit is fine.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3035000#Comment_3035000

    Why is everyone so adament about making this a balance discussion about Z-Flicks?

    Not to mention that most of those "techs" people were calling intended, fair, etc. ended up beng but an exploit that got patched - like J-Flicks or Hugtech, so I am very careful calling anything with "tech" or "flick" in its name intended with this character. Unless the Devs specifically said otherwise, there is a very good chance they are not.

    Im not saying its balanced, just saying OG z flicks were by far stronger so it would have been a better example. Also a lot of "techs" today anyway were exploits, like how a certain content creator tried to call the hook exploit (where if you unhook you lose collision with the person on hook if you let go) a tech named after them.

    Also like how locker flashlight saves were considered an exploit that was patched out but magically came back a patch later and never was acknowledged.

  • When BHVR announced changes to Blight in the last sweep of balance changes I'm honestly surprised Alchemist Ring wasn't gutted. There are some addons and such that stand out for blight but at the very minimum this addon should be an ultra rare but even so it's broken in the right hands.

  • I would not nerf him. He is fine. The only change he needs is to fix his collision so he can't hug tech neither get screwed by Ormond.

  • Overall his base kit is fine, but alchemist man 🤦🏻‍♂️ Hes a strong killer already no need for such strong addon.