I don't get what people see in tunneling
It's a d---he thing to do I would get it if the person was just being toxic but when the person literally as done nothing toxic(teabagging,flash light spamming anything that can be toxic) then it makes no sense for tunneling if the person did nothing bad.
Comments
Because it's almost always the "tactically" correct action. 3v1 is considerably easier than 4v1 and the faster you can make it 3v1, the more likely you're going to win as a killer.
I don't do it as a practice, but if you can get the match from a 4v1 to a 3v1 with at least 3 gens left, you've pretty much won the game.
Not much mystery here.
It's usually the best idea. Hopefully it'll change in the next PTB.
Tunneling itself isn't toxic. It's a tactic killers can employ to force the game into a 3v1 where it's much easier to control compared to the 4v1.
Unfortunately, it's still the dominant strategy due to the double whammy of the survivor off hook being a softer, pre-injured target whose location you can guarantee, and the balance of the match tipping drastically when the game changes from a 4v1 to a 3v1 and therefore being a desirable thing to achieve as soon as possible. Spreading your hooks evenly is a great way to lose the game unless you're a good bit more skilled than the survivor team or they're not focused on gens.
I was hoping the basekit changes would fix at least one of those things, but it didn't really happen (outside Off the Record, but perk dependencies were what they were hoping to fix...)
Makes the game easier when someone is dead.
There's a lot of scenarios people consider tunneling that are dumb to call it so, like if you're in a chase and you attack a survivor, they're injured. A save happens, so you go back to hook, so the obvious choice is the weaker target unless the savior makes a block, which all results in 3 people injured. If survivors are really efficient on gens you're forced into a scenario where you have to tunnel or camp if you care about winning. I think if games went slower and gens went slower, regardless of the reasoning or the killer maybe not being that skilled, everyone would get more points/be more likely to pip overall.
And if a big part of the fun in this game is not holding M1, but killer interactions.. where is the fun in doing gens to escape as ASAP? Of course, some people will tunnel even if they're hard winning, or any scenario ever, the same as camping. Nothing will ever change that
A tunneling killer usually means a lost match if the survivor is decent at looping. That's a lot of extra time for gens. It does suck though being the tunneled survivor themselves. As a survivor, I find it being an easy win, so it doesn't bother me all that much.
That being said, as a killer, I prefer everyone having a decent go at a fun match, so I only reserve tunneling for people doing BM stuff. Get that crap out of my match.
Why do survivors finish gens instead of getting every gen to 20% and then get all the gens to 40%?
This is literally the question you are asking.
I enjoy it.
I enjoy farming salt.
It's efficient.
Efficiency leads to winning and that's what I like to do