DEVS need to be proactive like DEVS of fallout
Huge props to the devs of fallout for banning homophobic players. It’s a shame the DEVS of DBD don’t follow suite. There’s so many homophobic players, and homophobic messages sent in this game.. and y’all don’t care or won’t care...I’ve reported numerous people for homophobic remarks made towards me.. and nothing happens.
Comments
If they're truly showing off that they're homophobic, they'll gain a temporary ban (which will eventually lead to a permanent one if done too many times) and, in severe cases, a permanent one.
"Nothing happens" means they weren't being homophobic.
You can't see temporary bans, so you can't know if something happened.
People who care if the rules are broken care. Those who stand for anarchy obviously do not.
Well, I was assuming you're not a homophobe and that your reply meant that you didn't care if people who broke the rules actually got punished for it. Was my assumption faulty?
I think we can all extrapolate from that.
I know, right? My gay boyfriend loves my sense of humor.
This about sums up my views on it. My favourite part is Fallout 2 npcs calling players f@[[]:t. Now they ban 4 life lol
Keep reading. The guy already implied that my assumption was wrong.
Also take Overwatch's idea, and when someome types "gg ez" it changes it to "i have to go, mummy says its bed time now".
Are you serious about Overwatch? Because if so, that's the best thing I've heard all day.
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/gg-ez-overwatch/
Now I almost wish I did play Overwatch just to type in "gg ez" and see those hilarious messages. XD
Just because my boyfriend is gay doesn't mean I am. I ought to report you for hate speech!
Note: I'm obviously kidding about the report, though I really am not gay. I'm bisexual.
Note: Can I get in trouble for saying that? I don't wanna be BS'd again.
Dude, it's fine. Bisexuals are a small percentage of LGBT, so obviously you're going to assume two guys dating are both gay. It's basic statistics.
You probably won't, but don't address mods directly in matters of moderation that they haven't even commented on. It just sounds like you're trying to provoke them.
@Theluckyboi Don't follow the rules, get reported. It's a simple principle. Yes, insulting people is bannable. Why do you get mad over that?
For example let's say someone said, "gay" in a comment. It will be automatically flagged and sent to a ACM for review in case it was a homophobic slur.
They don't have enough people for that.
i dont get mad, i just find strange the fact that some people get so triggered because of some joke, being so sensitive is not good for anyone.
I'd argue that blatant disregard for the rules is worse for the game than people taking offense to hate speech.
And yes, it is hate speech. It's the same terminology used by people who will happily announce their wish to murder all homosexuals, among other minority groups. Maybe you just don't get it because you're not part of a group that is still illegal in certain parts of the world, punishable by death.
Let me just reiterate: the act of existing while non-heterosexual is considered a capital offense in certain parts of the world.
Dude, i am Mexican, i get """hate speech""" from americans all the time and i know when they are joking and when they are trying to "harm my feelings", it´s no big deal honestly, people like to make this kind of "dark humored" jokes all the time and until know they are getting attention for a completely stupid reason.
The funny thing is it's just some tiny streamer going full SJW to try gain popularity and one of the most disappointing games of the decade trying to finally gain a semi positive headline. Obviously a standard ban was appropriate but this way the snowflakes eat it up and for 24hrs people aren't trashing fallout 76. Manipulation is obvious.
And in post-game chat, people are always just trying to be dicks.
Exactly, people are not trying to "harm" anybody, they are just salty because they lost.
And since it's against the rules, they should be reported and punished accordingly, just like in every other setting.
If i am honest with you i don´t understand how bans work in PC, i play in PS4 and it is almost impossible to get banned in the game, usually chats are manages after the game and you got to directly create a chat with the player you want to send a message to.
If i am reading your post correctly people get banned in PC chats for insulting others, am i wrong?
I don't even bother reporting Survivors like that since I know nothing will be done. For a dev team that claims to have 200+ people It's astounding that they couldn't focus on getting a half decent report feature
People get banned by BHVR for breaking the rules. Hate speech is a violation of the rules, so people get banned for it.
On console, the ban system isn't functional yet, but once it is, it'll be the same.
Saying something harmful like what? calling someone gay or stupid?
It's because you don't bother reporting that nothing is done. Peanits has shown time and time again that reports are looked at and that bans do happen. It's people like you who make the system worse than it should be.
Yes, that would be a couple examples.
If the goal isn't to insult or harm, then why say or do things that are insulting and harmful? If I kick you in the balls and say "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you", would you believe me?
The amount of SJWs is already way to high.
And a lifetime ban for something that was an obvious joke? Yeah totally not a PR stunt.
With the stat in wich they released the game, the preorder scam and them refusing to refund disapointed player...
They don't deserve ANY props whatsoever
The amount of people who oppose basic respect because they think it's "SJW" is too damn high. Congrats on falling for common manipulation tactics.
Are you guys serious? Do you really get offended because some kid that you don't know in real life called you gay? I don't know how you deal with real life then.
Are you serious? Do you really get triggered because some kid that you don't know in real life is being punished for breaking the rules? I don't know how you deal with real life then.
It's a friggin role-playing video game and tbh I would count that as in character, but "homophobic slurs" seems to be a much harder subject than childrape in fallout 3 and shooting people on sight.
Stuff like this is why I regret coming to the west.
But i dont understand, why would someone get harmed for being called gay or stupid? it´s not the same as getting kicked in the balls, you must live with it.