DEVS need to be proactive like DEVS of fallout
Huge props to the devs of fallout for banning homophobic players. It’s a shame the DEVS of DBD don’t follow suite. There’s so many homophobic players, and homophobic messages sent in this game.. and y’all don’t care or won’t care...I’ve reported numerous people for homophobic remarks made towards me.. and nothing happens.
Comments
Are you really gonna be that kind of hypocrite? How many rules do you break daily? How many laws?
Heck, my whole life currently is based on breaking conracts, I wouldn't even have a flat if I was a standup honest guy (got this student-flat that is meant for students by pretending to be one)
It's the rules everyone agreed to upon purchasing the game. If you didn't agree with them, you shouldn't have purchased the game. It's that simple.
No I don't get triggered at all, in fact I couldn't care less. But I'm free to express what I think about this and so I did.
How about if I just threatened you a lot and claimed it was a joke? Would you believe me?
So much for the roleplaying aspect of this "sandbox" game. I guess the devs thought sandbox in terms of "Yeah, Kindergarden sandbox where every corner is made of styrofoam so the poor kiddies can't hurt themselves while they shoot people in the head".
I'm not a hypocrite. I break rules from time to time, like anyone else. Difference is, I don't get pissy if and when I get punished for it. People like you seem to want to break the rules and not get punished for it even when you get caught, which is the antithesis of any civilized society.
Rules made by the company are indeed something that most true gamers don't really give a single crap about and why would they? Heck in germany even signing a contract like the TOS is not binding to us and can and will be overthrown in court easily if it breaches customerrights.
Then those gamers shouldn't get pissy when they get banned for breaking the rules.
How many contract rules are you breaking in your life but you seem to care alot about video game rules LUL.
Damn! someone hiding behind a computer told me he is going to kill me! i should call the police!
paid 60 bucks for a game that they ofc won't get back, yeah they have every right to be pissy esp if they actually did not commit a hatecrime but basically just paid 60 bucks to further somebody else's career who's just gonna spend the money on illegal ######### himself anyways.
Again, maybe you're just too sheltered to know what really happens, but people who send death threats sometimes do end up killing the person they were threatening.
I bet you're also one of the ppl who believe that steam accounts will be banned if you behave badly enough, the rules in this game aren't being enforced unless you're seriously hacking, this goes for most games by the way.
And as said, most true gamers break rules left and right anyways, starts at pirating everything. There's a reason why mainstream media hates us.
I think it's time to just close this thread down, people are getting too heated. Thank You!
They have no right to be pissy when they did things they knew would get them banned. Or worse, when they didn't even care enough to learn which things would get them banned. It was on them to prevent it. If and when you get kicked out of the apartment you're illegally occupying, don't pretend you're not to blame.
I think you all missed the point of the converstion, should minor offenses be bannable? > @Orion said:
They say that the "hot milfs in your area" advertisings sometimes do lead you to hot milfs in your area, but who knows
You consider them "minor offenses". The devs do not. Can you guess whose opinion actually matters?
Go look it up, if you have the intellectual honesty to admit you were wrong.
Nobody reads the game TOS, literally nobody. Heck I didn't even read my work contract. Rules are broken left and right in the real world, I suggest you try it out.
It's btw called a lawyer and if the game breaks local laws then they have no chance of enforcing these bans, the thing is nobody would go to a lawyer and pay 4000+ over some 60 bucks video game.
What are you @Orion ? Some kind of white knight? We are humans not rule-fulfiller machines.
If the devs consider them why are they ignoring them? as i said i am not a PC player but above i read devs are doing nothing to ban these people, and i think they are not because they do consider them minor offenses.
You should've read your contract. You'd be surprised what kind of crap doesn't break local laws but will ######### you over just the same.
As for the TOS, basic common sense will tell you that you probably shouldn't be spouting racist, sexist, or homophobic bullshit. That is, unless you're racist, sexist, or homophobic yourself, in which case you think it's perfectly fine to be that way.
They're not ignoring them. People get banned all the time.
Obviously they don't know what things are bannable. Additionally, they also think their actions have no consequences and they are not the one to blame. I'm just gonna give up on explaining why but before I go, I'll leave this link here for them to look at.
Violations and consequences:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest
And when you break the rules, you shouldn't be pissy that you get punished for it. It's that simple.
Uhh
I've never talked about being pissy for being punished, in fact I think it's fair being punished for #########-talking in post-match.
What I was talking about is that people these days gets triggered just for a couple of bad words from a guy behind a screen, people should endure more.
That person is wrong. Peanits has shown several times that reports are handled and bans handed out. There are threads by people who were banned after each and every ban wave. However, because they don't get a personal message saying "So and so player was banned", and because temporary bans don't show up on Steam profiles, people ignorant to the latter and expecting the former end up believing that bans just don't happen.
Well, i ought to trust you, it´s just that it is silly getting mad over some "light" hearted insults
You know who actually gets triggered? People who get reported for those "couple of bad words". I've seen more threads and complaints from people who were banned for being ######### than I've seen from people who think bans don't happen.
People who write the reports usually do so in a very dismissive fashion. They write the report and move on. However, you, and many other people here, have fallen for propaganda that it's the ones who report that are wrong for doing so.
More people get mad for being reported and banned. Disproportionately so. This "anti-SJW" movement is proof of that. They don't want to be held accountable for what they say and do, so they label basic civility as the enemy, and many other people fall for it.
You went to the Anita Sarkeesian school of argumentation I see, ppl spout racist, homophobic stuff all the time without meaning it, it's called not being part of the "upper" echelons of society and it's pretty much the way many of us talk. Tell me how would you survive in any school environment below middle school?
I can't stand the sight of her nor her voice. Regardless, do you think that applies to the post-game chat? Do you think people spouting racist, etc., stuff in the post-game chat are doing it in jest? Or do you think it's because they actually want to be #########?
Sounds like you love SJWs. Most people just hate the fact that the internet is the wild West, was always and should always be the wild west. heck the videos I watched when I was a kid and the websites are visited is something that people are missing out big time right now because everything is being controlled and sheep cheer on being controlled by ppl who have no clue about real life.
What kind of propaganda is that? I think getting triggered for both getting banned and receive #########-talking is basically showing weakness that you get hurt because you get affected for what other think or talk about you.
And if for some reason you think I'm talking about you, I'm not. I'm talking about the author of this post.
I get called everything under the sun because I mostly BM ingame and then write reports myself that I earned through toxic gameplay, but I literally don't give a ######### what some pasty nerd calls me over the screen.
You're really overthiniking things, maybe read less books n stuff.
Basic civility? on some game? on the internet? really?
I don't like SJWs either. The difference is, I'm not labeling basic civility (i.e.: conversing like adults) as the enemy. I also don't call anyone who disagrees with me "sheep".
If you don't care, why are you so triggered by this thread?
You cant expect people to act civilized on some game, it is ridiculous
The anti-SJW movement applies to real-life as well, you know. Hell, it's primarily focused on real-life. The SJWs who complain about misogyny in games and whatnot just give them something to try to legitimize their views.
Why? Because you've already normalized their behavior?
But we are not talking about the real life, we are talking about dead by daylight aren´t we?
I'm gonna follow @Nickenzie's example and leave you guys to your anti-SJW crusade. It's clear you label anyone who disagrees with you as the enemy.
Damn you are indeed a complicated person
Normal people usually are a little more complex than a three-letter acronym you ascribe to anyone who calls you out for being an #########.
Games have rules, you break you them you suffer the penalty simple as that. In fact most games require you to act civilized as best you can and if you cross certain lines you get punished.
In real life you break rules you get punished, in this case in game you're playing using someone else's intellectual property and servers. You agreed to follow their codes of conduct and if you don't you agree to get punished however they see fit.
It really doesn't matter if you think the behavior is ok or not, if it's against the rules that means it's not ok and will get you punished..