Am I going crazy, wasn't DS stun time increased to 5 due to enduring decreasing it?

I am pretty sure DS was 3 seconds stun time but was increased because enduring used to decrease the time from all stuns even ds stuns making it nearly impossible to escape. Then they increased it because it was an issue because since everyone ran ds all killers started using enduring because they hated old ds that much. Then enduring got changed so it didn't affect all stuns, but ds was never decreased back to 3 seconds until the mid-patch coming soon. Is this correct or am I misremembering things?

Comments

  • Huh. I wasn't around during that time. They really increased the stun time but made it so enduring can half it but then removed it but kept the increased stun time? So we just were working with increased stun time this entire time?

  • I don't get what 3 seconds is supposed to do. That sounds worthless, actually.

    The perk already requires killer interaction to work, and even at 5 seconds already some killers still just run you over in their honda civics(nurse, blight, bubba)

    I think I'd rather take my chances with Lucky Break or Shadowstep.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024552#Comment_3024552

    I'm sure the devs will adjust the timer depending on how the perk performs on the PTB or after the change goes live.

    I'm imagining the stun was also decreased with the new distance gains from innate BT and actual BT in mind.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024756#Comment_3024756

    Back when it was a 3 seconds stun people slugged more. To get around it. That "worthless" 3 second stun was being played around. Dont believe me look at zubat lel old videos. A 3 second stun is very good.

    Remeber you also have the ms haste increase + enduramce status to reach a non dead zone. But hey take it off next patch. See what happens I gurrantee you everyone will throw it back on the first game there tunneled. I feel like im seeing the old bbq complaints all over again. Bbq range was nerfed by 8 to 10 meters. The reaction oh this perk is worthless ah it does nothing. Reality everyone comtinued using it because 100% bloodpoints.

    Ds might give you less time but its still the only perk that give you another chance vs killer who will tunnel you. Do you really want to be schmuck without ds?

    There's Off the Record as well which does not deactivate DS. If someone is really concerned about tunneling I think a 5 second haste boost, a 45 second Endurance effect, a post hit speed boost if hit during that time followed by a stun and killer grasp escape after for up to 60 seconds after the initial unhook sounds pretty effective against tunneling.

  • Is this the official description from a leaked patch note or fan-fiction?

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024579#Comment_3024579

    I'm imagining the stun was also decreased with the new distance gains from innate BT and actual BT in mind.

    Probably. The DS stun timer went up and down over the years.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3025134#Comment_3025134

    The stronger BT only works out of the Survivor who unhooks you has BT. Which is the same flaw with current BT.

    Yes, there is a baseline Endurance and a Haste-effect, however, those are also really short. A Killer just has to count to 5 to counter that. And most Killers will be able to do that.

    Sorry pepple dont run bt are you insane its ridiclously popular

    If the tunnler eats the ds thats 7 seconds to 9 seconds to find a better position depending on how good the killer is at waiting out the bt. 9 seconds is a long time to find a good loop or structure.

  • I swore they left it that way because a decent chunk of the stun was ate up by the dropping animation.

  • @ermsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024871#Comment_3024871

    i get that, what Im saying is that in that time period, you won't find anyone that complained about the stun duration.

    Patch 2.6.0 was released 19.03.19 and Patch 2.6.3 was released 02.04.19, so there was only a two week time period in which the ds stun was 3s and it was affected by Enduring at that time, so it's not surprising that the complaints at that time focused on that, so I would say that a 3s ds stun wasn't really tested (when Enduring affected the stun time, a surv had about 2.28s to run, which is still more than the 1.7s that a surv supposedly can use when the ds stun is 3s long.)

    Before 2.6.0 the stun was 4s in description and 4.5s in reality if you believe the wiki.

    And btw, head on can be used multiple times in match so I don't think that ist is fair to compare it to ds.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024915#Comment_3024915

    Patch 2.6.0 was released 19.03.19 and Patch 2.6.3 was released 02.04.19, so there was only a two week time period in which the ds stun was 3s and it was affected by Enduring at that time, so it's not surprising that the complaints at that time focused on that, so I would say that a 3s ds stun wasn't really tested (when Enduring affected the stun time, a surv had about 2.28s to run, which is still more than the 1.7s that a surv supposedly can use when the ds stun is 3s long.)

    Before 2.6.0 the stun was 4s in description and 4.5s in reality if you believe the wiki.

    And btw, head on can be used multiple times in match so I don't think that ist is fair to compare it to ds.

    That's a fair assessment of the history of the perk, it will be interesting to see if it's an issue on the ptb. I would argue that the fact that killers specifically used enduring to counter Ds says something.

    And when it comes to head on I'm not comparing the usage, purpose or strength of the perk. I'm purely comparing the 3 second stun, if you can get away after using head on then surely that would apply to ds no?

  • @ermsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3025757#Comment_3025757

    That's a fair assessment of the history of the perk, it will be interesting to see if it's an issue on the ptb. I would argue that the fact that killers specifically used enduring to counter Ds says something.

    And when it comes to head on I'm not comparing the usage, purpose or strength of the perk. I'm purely comparing the 3 second stun, if you can get away after using head on then surely that would apply to ds no?

    DS was a very hated perk (for good reasons) and if I remember the forum posts at that time correctly many people worried that the nerfs would not be enough so I'm would not be surprised if people decided to bring Enduring just because of their experiences with the old ds, but I might be wrong abou that.

    I'm not sure if you use time for the animation when you stun with head on like you do with ds, so that might be a factor, but I don't really use head on, so I can't really judge that.

1 2 ›