New Self-Care + Botany Numbers

Can someone run the numbers on this?

I LOVE SELF CARE T_T

Comments

  • I still can't believe they actually nerfed it

  • @Marigoria said:

    I still can't believe they actually nerfed it

    I'm assuming it will have similar speeds stacked with BK as it does now stacked with BK, but I don't know how these voodoo calculations work.

    It certainly entices more group healing, though.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014909#Comment_3014909

    I'm assuming it will have similar speeds stacked with BK as it does now stacked with BK, but I don't know how these voodoo calculations work.

    It certainly entices more group healing, though.

    I'm not sure about numbers since I rarely used it specially with botany but I think it will probably be similar with solo self care now with botany added

  • base heal takes 16 charges.

    Normal heal rate is 1 C/S

    New self care is 35% or .35 C/S

    Assuming nothing else except self care 16/.35 = ~45 seconds

    Botany is 50% bonus or .5 C/S

    .35 + .5 = .85 C/S or 16/.85 = ~18 seconds


    Edit: These numbers do not seem to be accurate based on posts below, this assumed additive behavior and I was mistaken about it

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014934#Comment_3014934

    I'm not sure about numbers since I rarely used it specially with botany but I think it will probably be similar with solo self care now with botany added

    I hope it's a bit better :(

    I'm sure you've seen me love on Self-Care, before :P

    Unrelated, but I like a lot of the Killer Meta Perk changes and most of the other random ones on both sides.

  • @Carth said:

    base heal takes 16 charges.

    Normal heal rate is 1 C/S

    New self care is 35% or .35 C/S

    Assuming nothing else except self care 16/.35 = ~45 seconds

    Botany is 50% bonus or .5 C/S

    .35 + .5 = .85 C/S or 16/.85 = ~18 seconds

    If this is accurate....I AM IN HEAVEN

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014946#Comment_3014946

    I hope it's a bit better :(

    I'm sure you've seen me love on Self-Care, before :P

    Unrelated, but I like a lot of the Killer Meta Perk changes and most of the other random ones on both sides.

    Yea I have noticed that. I always just preferred to be injured instead of healing so iron will was my go to perk, but now it's... well.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    16 / 0.35 = 45.7 seconds

    0.35 x 1.5 = 0.525

    16 / 0.525 = 30.4 seconds

    Self Care = 45.7 seconds

    Self Care with Botany Knowledge = 30.4 seconds.

    If this is accurate....

    I AM IN HELL

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014966#Comment_3014966

    Yea I have noticed that. I always just preferred to be injured instead of healing so iron will was my go to perk, but now it's... well.

    It seems I may be joining you on the sad bus ;(

  • Im confused on the wording of the dev update

    Its worded really weird, the perk in game says "healing speed and healing item efficiency"

    But the dev update says "healing speed efficiency" is increased to 50%

    So its only the medkit efficiency thats affected right? Its not clear to me

  • Yea they really did overdid on some of these. Now the #NerfSelfCare is reality and not a meme.

  • @Carth said:

    base heal takes 16 charges.

    Normal heal rate is 1 C/S

    New self care is 35% or .35 C/S

    Assuming nothing else except self care 16/.35 = ~45 seconds

    Botany is 50% bonus or .5 C/S

    .35 + .5 = .85 C/S or 16/.85 = ~18 seconds

    The Botany heal speed charge bonus is multiplied with the Self Care rate, not added. The comment above me has it right. BK + SC is 30.4s.

  • It isn't.

    1 second = 1 charge

    16 charges per heal = 16 second base heal

    Current self care brings this up to 32 seconds.

    New self care brings this to ~45.5 seconds

    With botany giving it an additional 50% speed, it would be 85% as effective.

    Therefore, Botany + Self Care = ~19 seconds

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014963#Comment_3014963

    The Botany heal speed charge bonus is multiplied with the Self Care rate, not added. The comment above me has it right. BK + SC is 30.4s.

    Do you have a source? I was always under the impression it was additive, totally believe you but just would love to see a documented source so I can avoid being wrong in the future.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014963#Comment_3014963

    The Botany heal speed charge bonus is multiplied with the Self Care rate, not added. The comment above me has it right. BK + SC is 30.4s.

    Also I don't think this is correct unless Botany has some super special exception or I copied that other formula down because if we take a look at green medkit(50% heal increase) + botany(33% heal increase) rn

    Base of 1.0 * current botany(.33) * green medkit(.5) = 1 * .5 * .33 = .495

    16/ .495 = 32 seconds, and clearly having a green medkit and botany knowledge does not take 32 seconds to heal yourself in todays world. I could be wrong here but taking the formula from above and plugging it in with current values it does not seem to be the right equation.

    If we do the additive variant though it would come out to

    1.0 + .33 + .5 = 1.85 or 16/1.85 = 8.6 seconds which sounds far more accurate

  • @Carth said:

    base heal takes 16 charges.

    Normal heal rate is 1 C/S

    New self care is 35% or .35 C/S

    Assuming nothing else except self care 16/.35 = ~45 seconds

    Botany is 50% bonus or .5 C/S

    .35 + .5 = .85 C/S or 16/.85 = ~18 seconds

    Botany is not additive, it's multiplicative. SC + botany will be 30 seconds to self heal

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015039#Comment_3015039

    Do you have a source? I was always under the impression it was additive, totally believe you but just would love to see a documented source so I can avoid being wrong in the future.

    I don't but here's how it works. All buffs are added together then multiplied by whatever rate your dealing with. Debuffs are just straight multiplied. So current SC takes 32s (16 charges/0.5 charges per second). Current SC + BK takes 24s (0.5 x 1.33 = 0.67 charges per second. 16 charges/0.67 charges per second = 24s). If you just added .33 to .5 you'd get 0.83 charges per second and a resulting heal speed of 13.28s, which 100% is not what happens in game.

    Now if you have multiple buffs, say, current Botany + 1 stack of Desperate Measures + SC, then the buffs get added (.33 + .14 = .47), then multiplied (0.5 x 1.47 = 0.753), then 16 gets divided by that for a 21.8s heal.

    By the way, since a buff is increasing the rate past 100%, you add up the bonuses in decimal form, then add 1 to it before you multiply.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014963#Comment_3014963

    Botany is not additive, it's multiplicative. SC + botany will be 30 seconds to self heal

    if that's the case like nobody will ever run self care again. can you imagine 45 seconds borefest to heal yourself? even with botany knowledge it will still feel super slow. horrible nerf

  • @Babadook83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015234#Comment_3015234

    if that's the case like nobody will ever run self care again. can you imagine 45 seconds borefest to heal yourself? even with botany knowledge it will still feel super slow. horrible nerf

    You underestimate how desperate some players are to keep themselves healed.

  • @Babadook83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015234#Comment_3015234

    if that's the case like nobody will ever run self care again. can you imagine 45 seconds borefest to heal yourself? even with botany knowledge it will still feel super slow. horrible nerf

    Legion mains will be like

    35lqnh5xrfb51.png


  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015039#Comment_3015039

    Also I don't think this is correct unless Botany has some super special exception or I copied that other formula down because if we take a look at green medkit(50% heal increase) + botany(33% heal increase) rn

    Base of 1.0 * current botany(.33) * green medkit(.5) = 1 * .5 * .33 = .495

    16/ .495 = 32 seconds, and clearly having a green medkit and botany knowledge does not take 32 seconds to heal yourself in todays world. I could be wrong here but taking the formula from above and plugging it in with current values it does not seem to be the right equation.

    If we do the additive variant though it would come out to

    1.0 + .33 + .5 = 1.85 or 16/1.85 = 8.6 seconds which sounds far more accurate

    In this example it's .5 + .33 for a 183% bonus or 1.83 in decimal from. 16charges/1.83charges per second is 8.74s. Your mistake from the other example is that you're not applying the sum of buffs to a debuffed value correctly. You don't add the buffs directly to a debuffed value. You add the buffs up, then multiply that with the charge rate you're trying to figure out.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015207#Comment_3015207

    In this example it's .5 + .33 for a 183% bonus or 1.83 in decimal from. 16charges/1.83charges per second is 8.74s. Your mistake from the other example is that you're not applying the sum of buffs to a debuffed value correctly. You don't add the buffs directly to a debuffed value. You add the buffs, then multiply that with the charge rate you're trying to figure out.

    ahh, thank you for the numbers and explanations!

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015207#Comment_3015207

    In this example it's .5 + .33 for a 183% bonus or 1.83 in decimal from. 16charges/1.83charges per second is 8.74s. Your mistake from the other example is that you're not applying the sum of buffs to a debuffed value correctly. You don't add the buffs directly to a debuffed value. You add the buffs, then multiply that with the charge rate you're trying to figure out.

    why do you take 16 charges? that's for like healing others then?

  • Its actually interesting. How SC users were called bad from the bigger part of the community and yet, they were so effective on high mmr, that the devs felt the need to purge the perk.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015066#Comment_3015066

    I don't but here's how it works. All buffs are added together then multiplied by whatever rate your dealing with. Debuffs are just straight multiplied. So current SC takes 32s (16 charges/0.5 charges per second). Current SC + BK takes 24s (0.5 x 1.33 = 0.67 charges per second. 16 charges/0.67 charges per second = 24s). If you just added .33 to .5 you'd get 0.83 charges per second and a resulting heal speed of 13.28s, which 100% is not what happens in game.

    Now if you have multiple buffs, say, current Botany + 1 stack of Desperate Measures + SC, then the buffs get added (.33 + .14 = .47), then multiplied (0.5 x 1.47 = 0.753), then 16 gets divided by that for a 21.8s heal.

    By the way, since a buff is increasing the rate past 100%, you add up the bonuses in decimal form, then add 1 to it before you multiply.

    wow that's a very clear and perfect explanation of the method to calcuate the healing speeds. thank you for this

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015333#Comment_3015333

    Its actually interesting. How SC users were called bad from the bigger part of the community and yet, they were so effective on high mmr, that the devs felt the need to purge the perk.

    I ran SC and Botany.

    Helped me from going down/provided hundreds of health states T_T

  • @Babadook83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015324#Comment_3015324

    why do you take 16 charges? that's for like healing others then?

    16 charges is just the base amount of charges it takes to heal, and then everything that changes heal speeds just alters the rate at which those 16 charges are reached. Buffs make you get to 16 charges faster, and debuffs make you get to 16 charges slower. In general, all the mechanics of dbd rely on charges, and the base rate is 1 charge per second, and then they set a value at which the action is completed. For healing it's 16 charges, for gens it's 80 charges (soon to be 90 charges), and so on.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015357#Comment_3015357

    16 charges is just the base amount of charges it takes to heal, and then everything that changes heal speeds just alters the rate at which those 16 charges are reached. Buffs make you get to 16 charges faster, and debuffs make you get to 16 charges slower. In general, all the mechanics of dbd rely on charges, and the base rate is 1 charge per second, and then they set a value at which the action is completed. For healing it's 16 charges, for gens it's 80 charges (soon to be 90 charges), and so on.

    perfect!!! thanks again a very clear answer!

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015420#Comment_3015420

    I ran SC and Botany.

    Helped me from going down/provided hundreds of health states T_T

    Sometimes i run CoH + Botany + medkit with bonus healing speed for comical fast healing.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015433#Comment_3015433

    Sometimes i run CoH + Botany + medkit with bonus healing speed for comical fast healing.

    how fast ?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015433#Comment_3015433

    Sometimes i run CoH + Botany + medkit with bonus healing speed for comical fast healing.

    0.5*1.33+0.50+0.5=0.5*2.23=1.165 charges/sec= 16/1.165=13,73 sec.

    Is that right?

  • I like nobody talking about Circle of healing nerf. 30 seconds to self-heal with circle of healing. everyone talking about how self-care is slower, but self-care aspect applies to circle of healing as it unlocks ability to self-care in its radius.

    I didn't wanna say anything because once i saw self-care on list of perk changes. I knew it was coming.

  • @ArborTime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015011#Comment_3015011

    It isn't.

    1 second = 1 charge

    16 charges per heal = 16 second base heal

    Current self care brings this up to 32 seconds.

    New self care brings this to ~45.5 seconds

    With botany giving it an additional 50% speed, it would be 85% as effective.

    Therefore, Botany + Self Care = ~19 seconds

    I don't even have to do the math to know that this is wrong.


    Current Self-care + Botany takes longer than 19 seconds.

  • The self-care nerf is not good. So the megs and Claudette’s self caring in the corner of the map are going to take even longer being there. Just great. I guess eventually they’ll Urban Evade their way back to the rest of the team, just to hide in a locker. 😑

  • @Babadook83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015456#Comment_3015456

    0.5*1.33+0.50+0.5=0.5*2.23=1.165 charges/sec= 16/1.165=13,73 sec.

    Is that right?

    Its much faster. You should try it. Haven´t stopped the time, but ranger medkit with bonus healing speed addon is fast.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015560#Comment_3015560

    Its much faster. You should try it. Haven´t stopped the time, but ranger medkit with bonus healing speed addon is fast.

    i just tried it, its like super super fast to heal yourself and even faster when healing others. i had all the healing perks too including desperate measures. i think its around 5/6 seconds to heal yourself

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    I like nobody talking about Circle of healing nerf. 30 seconds to self-heal with circle of healing. everyone talking about how self-care is slower, but self-care aspect applies to circle of healing as it unlocks ability to self-care in its radius.

    I didn't wanna say anything because once i saw self-care on list of perk changes. I knew it was coming.

    wait... are you sure circle of healing is affect by this nerf too???

  • @Babadook83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015649#Comment_3015649

    wait... are you sure circle of healing is affect by this nerf too???

    if it is slower, yes, but something doesn't add up. 35% from 50% reduction sounds more like a buff.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015819#Comment_3015819

    if it is slower, yes, but something doesn't add up. 35% from 50% reduction sounds more like a buff.

    what do you mean with that last sentence?

  • My heart sank a lil bit seeing Self-Care getting nerfed.

    It's not even as bad as people claim it to be.

  • They didn't need to nerf the SC+bot combo at least. You're already dedicating two perks slots for it 😔

    But I guess cross-healing is a little better now with the botany buff.

  • i think the user who did 30 second math is wrong. my current math is described as following.

    Self-care healing speed.

    16/(1-0.35)= 24.61 seconds

    Self-care with botany knowledge

    24.61/(1+0.5) = 10.66 seconds

    circle of healing:

    24.61/(1+0.5) = 10.66

    self-care was buffed. not nerfed. as a result. circle of healing was buffed as well. self-care aspect is 5.4 seconds faster than its previous iteration which was 100%(16 second healing)

    I have to double-check my math to make sure everything is correct though.

  • @Babadook83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015234#Comment_3015234

    if that's the case like nobody will ever run self care again. can you imagine 45 seconds borefest to heal yourself? even with botany knowledge it will still feel super slow. horrible nerf

    It's super slow now. There's way better healing perks available. Hell, a medkit is better than Self Care NOW.


    What I'm noticing with some of these changes on the survivor side is the devs really seem to be pushing survivors to work together as a team more. There's a couple changes that basically give them 2 extra perks momentarily depending on how the killer plays or if the killer brings a certain perk, but overall, team play is going to be more of a must rather than an option. With how the killer regression perks now work, survivors working together should actually be able to progress the game as the regression perks don't sound like they're going to be amazing in late game. The Pop nerf alone is pretty huge. But Overcharge should see some more play. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

  • If my math was right it's 49.5%. Literally less then current solo Self Care.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    I like nobody talking about Circle of healing nerf. 30 seconds to self-heal with circle of healing. everyone talking about how self-care is slower, but self-care aspect applies to circle of healing as it unlocks ability to self-care in its radius.

    I didn't wanna say anything because once i saw self-care on list of perk changes. I knew it was coming.

    No, CoH will still have a cap of 50%. The Self Care nerf is limited to Self Care. CoH being active gives one the ability to heal themselves. It doesn't grant Self Care. They're two different perks that can do the same thing, although CoH is being wasted if you're not being healed by teammates most of the time. 300% healing > 50% Self healing.


    Medkits allow a survivor to heal themselves too, but they're not getting dropped to 35% max. It's just Self Care that is getting nerfed.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015883#Comment_3015883

    i think the user who did 30 second math is wrong. my current math is described as following.

    Self-care healing speed.

    16/(1-0.35)= 24.61 seconds

    Self-care with botany knowledge

    24.61/(1+0.5) = 10.66 seconds

    circle of healing:

    24.61/(1+0.5) = 10.66

    self-care was buffed. not nerfed. as a result. circle of healing was buffed as well. self-care aspect is 5.4 seconds faster than its previous iteration which was 100%(16 second healing)

    I have to double-check my math to make sure everything is correct though.

    i think you interpreted the debuff wrong. it's a nerf from 50% of normal healingspeed to 35%, so a 15% extra penalty on top of the already 50% healing debuff. so its 16 sec / 0.35 (after nerf) = 45 sec

  • @Babadook83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015919#Comment_3015919

    i think you interpreted the debuff wrong. it's a nerf from 50% of normal healingspeed to 35%, so a 15% extra penalty on top of the already 50% healing debuff. so its 16 sec / 0.35 (after nerf) = 45 sec

    I think we have to see this in PTB for how it works.

  • Wait till you see new Self Care speeds when the killer has Sloppy Butcher.